The Calm Before the Storm Discussion

Regarding age I think some factors would hurt a person's career regardless of age. Then again there are alot of famous people where no factors what so ever (regarding age)would hurt their career.

I think it depends on the will and the passion that person has in his/her career. The drive that the person had at a young age never changed and so that would probably never would affect them 20 or 30 years later.

Then there are people who are fine for awhile but they let things get away and it ruins their career (ie drugs, divorce, gambling). That is why we have say 15 year olds ruining their career with decisions that do not help them what so ever. Then we have almost 50 year old who are doing fine with their career. (ie, Modonna with her album out, Prince doing great in concerts, Michael working on his album).

The factors of their life is probably what will affect them most regardless of their age.

And just for some people on this board; I am a huge fan of Michael, obviously or why would I be here? I have been for the last 5 years and the trial just made me even more of a bigger fan, I supported him more than 1000%. He may just be a music icon but I care about and love him a lot which is WHY I have such a strong opinion on this. I care about his future and don't want to see him fail.

Yes I do have faith in him but I'm being realistic here, he is 50 (if people think 50 year olds have the same strengths as they do at 20 then whatever) Sure he is not on a walking stick but I doubt he has the energy to do a big tour for a new album plus more than anything he is father to 3 children now. All these factors make total and complete sense to why I'm saying if he can't put his all into this, its safer and wiser to not do anything at all and keep your music legacy at the top where it stands right now and not have it end on a major come back let down.

Last edited:
have you ever had to start your life over after a bunch of evil people ran through it and tried to rip it to shreds as if tearing other people's lives apart is some kind of sport? If you have, then you would understand exactly why he's doing what he's doing. If you haven't, I hope you never go through it to any degree, because being afraid to put the pieces of your life back in place should actually be scarier than doing it. Being afraid to put the pieces back in place the way you had them is the same as saying it's best to leave them the way your transgressors left them. Not trying, is failing in itself.
That right there is exactly why he needs to make an album. Not for anyone but himself. He knows his ability. He made Thriller. Who else could top Thriller but the man who made it himself and why not strive for that? Will it happen? Not sure but I know he's still got what it takes to make the music that could. All the hell he has been through could even help him because now he will have so much more depth. These lessons in life, if you don't give up, (and he never gave up) give wisdom and life knowledge that the average person may never understand fully, but it strikes a chord in everyone to hear. He may naturally be a lover, not a fighter....but I can safely say he can certainly hold his own and come out on top if forced to fight. Don't underestimate this man.

Or go ahead, he'll do it anyways.

Last edited:
That right there is exactly why he needs to make an album. Not for anyone but himself. He knows his ability. He made Thriller. Who else could top Thriller but the man who made it himself and why not strive for that? Will it happen? Not sure but I know he's still got what it takes to make the music that could. All the hell he has been through could even help him because now he will have so much more depth. These lessons in life, if you don't give up, (and he never gave up) give wisdom and life knowledge that the average person may never understand fully, but it strikes a chord in everyone to hear. He may naturally be a lover, not a fighter....but I can safely say he can certainly hold his own and come out on top if forced to fight. Don't underestimate this man.

YES! YES! YES!

And just for some people on this board; I am a huge fan of Michael, obviously or why would I be here? I have been for the last 5 years and the trial just made me even more of a bigger fan, I supported him more than 1000%. He may just be a music icon but I care about and love him a lot which is WHY I have such a strong opinion on this. I care about his future and don't want to see him fail.

Yes I do have faith in him but I'm being realistic here, he is 50 (if people think 50 year olds have the same strengths as they do at 20 then whatever) Sure he is not on a walking stick but I doubt he has the energy to do a big tour for a new album plus more than anything he is father to 3 children now. All these factors make total and complete sense to why I'm saying if he can't put his all into this, its safer and wiser to not do anything at all and keep your music legacy at the top where it stands right now and not have it end on a major come back let down.

In comparison to that trial that he made it through, and all the hell he went through leading up to it, and the fact that he made it through it all, working on the type of things that makes him happy should be expected as well as encouraged.

Just as you are entitled to your opinion, Michael Jackson is entitled to the pursuit of happiness.

Also, most people could not have even made it through what Michael made it through. Most could not make it through that mentally or physically. You are basically saying he can make it through a horrible trial, but he can't make it through a recording session or some concerts.

He's been with himself for his entire life. You've only been a fan for a small fraction of it. Furthermore, Michael thinks bigger than you. That's how he made it to the level that he's on.

**Tink**, have you ever had to start your life over after a bunch of evil people ran through it and tried to rip it to shreds as if tearing other people's lives apart is some kind of sport? If you have, then you would understand exactly why he's doing what he's doing. If you haven't, I hope you never go through it to any degree, because being afraid to put the pieces of your life back in place should actually be scarier than doing it. Being afraid to put the pieces back in place the way you had them is the same as saying it's best to leave them the way your transgressors left them. Not trying, is failing in itself.

Dear All for MJ,
Impressive

Wrong! HIStory is a huge example at how his fame and music career never declined because of the allegations! HIStory became the biggest tour in history and he was recieved with love, mania, mobbing in loads of thousands and thousands of people and fans everywhere he went around the world! All that mania was well and truly alive!

So yes age has everything to do with it.

Geez, that was pre-trial. If you think that his career didn't suffered from the allegations then I don't know which rock have you been living under for the past 15 years.

**Tink**, have you ever had to start your life over after a bunch of evil people ran through it and tried to rip it to shreds as if tearing other people's lives apart is some kind of sport? If you have, then you would understand exactly why he's doing what he's doing. If you haven't, I hope you never go through it to any degree, because being afraid to put the pieces of your life back in place should actually be scarier than doing it. Being afraid to put the pieces back in place the way you had them is the same as saying it's best to leave them the way your transgressors left them. Not trying, is failing in itself.

Right on target!

Hell yeah! You tell 'em.

Last edited:
About this long tour thing that **Tink** is talking about…

It is not Michael Jackson that has been saying he’s planning to do a long tour, it is **Tink** that is saying this. Therefore, **Tink** is fearful of something that’s not even on Michael’s agenda and needs to snap out of it so he or she can relax. Michael clearly told Ebony Magazine this past December that he doesn’t care to do long tours.

Furthermore, with Michael being the size that he is as a professional entertainer /world figure, he can take small steps and still get farther than the artists that he calls his peers. They actually are not his competition at all because he is the one that has set the standards so high. He is his own competition and he knows how to go about being Michael Jackson.

Actually, at this point in his life, with all that he has achieved, he doesn’t even have to compete with himself. Anything that he does from this point forward will only add to the long list of things that he’s already accomplished and make the distance between himself and the others continue growing.

He has accomplished so much over the years that even when he’s not working, they still can’t catch up to him. What he has accomplished is simply mind-blowing. He’s childlike and likes to play and stuff like that, but he clearly was not playing when he was raising that bar.

Last edited:
About this long tour thing that **Tink** is talking about…

It is not Michael Jackson that has been saying he’s planning to do a long tour, it is **Tink** that is saying this. Therefore, **Tink** is fearful of something that’s not even on Michael’s agenda and needs to snap out of it so he or she can relax. Michael clearly told Ebony Magazine this past December that he doesn’t care to do long tours.

Furthermore, with Michael being the size that he is as a professional entertainer /world figure, he can take small steps and still get farther than the artists that he calls his peers. They actually are not his competition at all because he is the one that has set the standards so high. He is his own competition and he knows how to go about being Michael Jackson.

Actually, at this point in his life, with all that he has achieved, he doesn’t even have to compete with himself. Anything that he does from this point forward will only add to the long list of things that he’s already accomplished and make the distance between himself and the others continue growing.

He has accomplished so much over the years that even when he’s not working, they still can’t catch up to him. What he has accomplished is simply mind-blowing. He’s childlike and likes to play and stuff like that, but he clearly was not playing when he was raising that bar.
So true!!!

Yes that's true really. I'm really looking forward to hearing everything he's been working on. Really excited about hearing his music.

Nice that he can do things now for the joy of it rather than to break records...if he wishes to.

I think we're being spoiled and a lot of fans aren't realizing it. I remember the Invincible "quietness"...and it was REAL QUIET :lol: There were no photo shoots, no campaigns regarding ANYTHING Mj related, no appearances.

That is so not true. Before Invincible came out there was TON of information, MJ did an interview and a photo shoot with TV Guide, he also gave an interview to Roger Friedman (of all people) talking about the album; Rodney was giving interviews, even getting MJ on the phone; websites like Planet Jackson that were connected with Sony were posting tidbits about the album and other projects quite often. And MJ appeared at multiple events -- Carousel Of Hope, WMAs, Liz Taylor Celebration, etc. Also all the buzz surrounding the MSG concerts.... It was such an exciting time, there was no quietness at all.

^ we didn't get any of that info until 2001, the buzz surrounding the MSG concerts...2001. We knew about the album since 1998. :lol: And MJ gave ONE interview in 1999 to tv guide. I don't remember anything else from Michael himself during that time. There wasn't a full out campaign going on like there is now. There wasn't anything going on concerning MJ outside the fan community...no one but us knows about the COH, or the Liz Taylor Celeb....but everyone knows about T25, everyone seen him on ebony, everyone is hearing Thriller everywhere. We've had 2 fotoshoots, an interview, several appearances on award shows, fans events...etc.

We still have artists talking about the album now, just like then. But thing is MJ got smart and put them on lock. i think rodney was STUPID for going around telling fans every lil thing about the album before it came out. MJ ain't having that now. And the fact that MJ ain't having that means that things are going MICHAEL'S way. and when things go MICHAEL'S way, it can only be good for the fans in the long run.

Last edited:
^ we didn't get any of that info until 2001,

Not true, all this happened between 99 up until the album dropped.

And MJ gave ONE interview in 1999 to tv guide. I don't remember anything else from Michael himself during that time.

Like I said, he gave an interview to Roger Friedman talking about the album.

no one but us knows about the COH, or the Liz Taylor Celeb....

Err, not really. It was all over the media like any other MJ appearance. So saying there were no appearances is not true.

but everyone knows about T25, everyone seen him on ebony, everyone is hearing Thriller everywhere.

Who cares? The difference is back then the buzz was about new work and a new project (a LOT more exciting), not about an old album (boring). MJ isn't even involved with that Thriller campaign.

My point is, before Vince there was a lot of info and stuff happening, so saying it was quiet is simply not true.

Not true, all this happened between 99 up until the album dropped.

Like I said, he gave an interview to Roger Friedman talking about the album.

Err, not really. It was all over the media like any other MJ appearance. So saying there were no appearances is not true.

Who cares? The difference is back then the buzz was about new work and a new project (a LOT more exciting), not about an old album (boring). MJ isn't even involved with that Thriller campaign.

My point is, before Vince there was a lot of info and stuff happening, so saying it was quiet is simply not true.

Well maybe it was different where i was sitting, cuz i don't remember "hype" outside of the fan community until 2001. The only major major thing was the tv guide interview. For me, right now there is a lot more MJ buzz than back during preinvincible. To me pre-invincible (inside and even outside of the community) was quiet. That was the time i was just diving deep into fandom and i remember wondering what the hell MJ was up to at that time. If i hadn't checked the boards and chats i wouldn't know anything, or heard anything, about MJ's plans. MJ was QUIET lol. His colleagues, however, weren't. Which wasn't good in the long run anyways.

Last edited:
There was so much going on before Invincible, it was the most hyped album like, ever. There was information coming from all sides, including MJ himself. It was hardly quiet.

Y'all want proof that age ain't nothing but a number, look at the recent picture of TINA TURNER:

Tina_pre-tour.jpg

Plus she's 68 now and she plans to come out of "retirement" this year for a tour later on this year in which she'll already be 69! How about that? :cool:

If Tina could do it, hell, Michael's about-to-be-50-year-old ass can do it too! :yes:

Last edited:
Tina_pre-tour.jpg

LOOK AT THE SHOES !!
*has a Paris Hilton Moment**

thatz Hott !!

Work it Tina :chichi:

i've said before and I will say again that MJ never has to do anything ever again, because the Man is a Mount Rushmore Artist and he is a standard and a rule and others just have to try and play catch up to what he accomplished and the path he paved. of course as a fan I would love a new album,but I don't trip one way or the other because I saw and Wittness the Man in his Prime, Peak and he made so much Possible.

I would say people should not say 7 YEARS WITHOUT NOTHING.
3 of those years were harsh, and shouldn't be included into the 'waiting period' fans seem to moan about. Michael has alot riding on him, so its understandable that hes taking time. Its not only the music that Michael needs, its his confidence and strength and just time for himself, after all hes been through, who would want to put themselves out in the public eye ever again? Its still early days... Hello the huge trauma that the trail was, its not just something you can dust off and ignore. It will shadow him forever, and when he gets back in the public eye, there will be reactions!
But Michael is strong.

Tina_pre-tour.jpg

I just love her. I saw her in concert when I was 9 I think. First ever concert I had been to. I can't believe she is 68 already. We named this cute little stray cat Tina because she showed up about a week after we went to the concert. Best cat I ever had.

but I digress....yeah I cannot wait. It's exciting knowing there is really history being made (or future being made???hmm...how does one say that? lol )..new music...cannot wait to hear it.

Back