Story on MJ's Children In People Magazine Next Week

To the fans who question Katherine's parenting:
Michael still acted under many of Jehovah Witness teachings even after separating from the church.

He didn't give his children to his fans. He gave his children to his mother, their grandmother. End of story.

Michael himself was raised as a Jehovah's Witness if you recall.
John Lucas

To the fans who question Katherine's parenting:
Michael still acted under many of Jehovah Witness teachings even after separating from the church.

He didn't give his children to his fans. He gave his children to his mother, their grandmother. End of story.

Michael himself was raised as a Jehovah's Witness if you recall.
John Lucas

Well said. I wonder if the naysayers tell their friends and relatives (people that they ACTUALLY know) how to raise their children as well. Michael made his choice and Ms. Katherine is now their defacto parent and she, like all parents will make the decisions that she feels are best. That's how parenting works.

God bless Ms. Katherine and the Jacksons during this difficult time.

Maybe MJs kids WANTED to go with their granmother, I know alot of people that turn to religion when something like this happens. To be honest Michael's mother isn't a person who would make someone do something that they don't want to do. Leave the kids be, it's nothing to do with anyone else how his kids are raised.

The real reason he left the church is because he felt that they were trying to control him to much. And I would be upset about any way his children are being raised in any way he wouldn't want himself. This his has nothing to do with religion. It's about respecting the way Michael would have wanted things.
Name me a church that doesn't try to control its members. I went to one that was all about control. Stop the JW bashing. MJ KNEW his mother was JW yet he GAVE his children to her. that was Mj's wishes, honour that.

Michael KNEW his mother is a very loyal JW. If he left his children under her care, I'm sure he understood they might end up going to church with her every now and then. It doesn't matter, it's obvious they are being very well cared for.

But you have to ask yourself, has Katherine prevented them from doing just this since they have been in her care? From what we have seen, the answer is, "No". So, what argument then do you have against her taking them there?
And Katherine never prevented her children from celebrating christmas. the children used to go to their grandmas for chrismas when they were small. And Katherine wasn't always JW, she used to be baptist for a while.

Name me a church that doesn't try to control its members. I went to one that was all about control. Stop the JW bashing. MJ KNEW his mother was JW yet he GAVE his children to her. that was Mj's wishes, honour that.

JW bashing? Where exactly did I "bash" the JW faith?

Enough of the JW discussion now. Michael left his children in Katherine's care, I'm sure he was aware of how they would be bought up. And, lets not underestimate the children in this, they seem very intelligent and I'm sure Michael taught them about all religions and religious tolerance, as he showed in his own actions.

I truly hope this does not degenerate into yet another discussion about religion, "Michael's religion," and all of that?

Michael was not raising his children as Jehovah's Witnesses. He made sure they were exposed to all the major religions. I'm quite sure he was respectful about that.
We do not know how Michael was raising his children because he did not tell us. What we do know however, was that Michael CONTINUED to call himself JW and has taken his children to Kingdom hall. When you grow up in a particular faith, it is hard to shake that off. a catholic will still say he is catholic even when he may only attend funerals and weddings.
If the children are aware of theoir fathers affiliation with the JW, they too may want to experience it in his memory. They may even want to join that fath because it remeinds them of their father. Who knows.

I like the People magazine article! I am not getting the impression that they are being foreced to do anything. They get to celebrate holidays with friends and yet they also go to Kingdom Hall and at some point in the future they can choose for themselves. I am not a Jevoah's witness myself but I was interested to know more about it so I went to the website www.watchtower.org which explains many of their beliefs clearly. It was very educating and enlightening.
Yes, I am not a JW either, but I too decided to educate myself concerning the religion, so i actually bought some of their books and I invited some of the doorstep missionaries in for a cup of tea and a chat. I was very surprised how similar their faith was to the pentecostals, They were not telling me anything that my church did not teach me. Except that they did not speak in tongues. I actually found them more tolerant than my church cause no member of my church would have been allowed to sing popsongs or danced to that type of music.

I have to say something. I was raised in a Jehovah's Witness family. My 2 older siblings were young when my parents became Jehovah's Witnesses. My other older sister as well as I were babies.

First of all, let's get something straight right now: Jehovah's Witnesses is not a brainwashing cult made up of poor weak-minded, blinded sheep who don't think for themselves. We are Christians who strive to learn about the Almighty God, Jehovah, and his son Jesus Christ and to live our lives in harmony with what we learn. It's not a ritualistic form of religion. It's a way of life. We follow Jesus Christ---not worship him as God---but follow his example. The term CHRISTian means followers of Christ. One of the main things that Jesus Christ did when he was on earth was preach and teach to people about his Father, Jehovah and His heavenly Kingdom and he trained his 12 apostles to do the same thing. There were many other non-apostles--disciples of Jesus who did the same thing. That's what 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses do ALL over the world. We continue that ministry work that Jesus did, sharing Bible truths will all those WHO WANT TO LISTEN and help them to dedicate themselves to God. Look up the scriptures and you will see the origin of door to door ministry and the origin of TRUE Christianity. We do not base our faith nor our worship on man-made rules like some ill-informed people have claimed. Our beliefs are based on and supported by the Holy Scriptures. We are not perfect, nor claim to be; but we do make it our way of life to live our lives in the upmost harmony with the will of God and not to allow ourselves to be molded by the spirit of this world.

Is Jehovah's Witness religion strict? Oh, yes, especially compared to the 'live and let live' and 'do as you please' mantra of this world. It takes a humble heart and a love for God to want to live your life serving him and doing his will the way HE sees fit---even when it means self-sacrificing. We live, no longer for ourselves nor for this world; but to do God's will. Do we have fun and recreation? Lot's of it! But we don't make that our PRIME objective and we make sure that our recreation are wholesome for ourselves and for our children (for those of us who are parents). And being a Jehovah's Witnesses, you're able to make such strong, long lasting friendships...I mean TRUE friendships, not the shallow nonsense.

As a child growing up as a Jehovah's Witness, I would sometimes envy the "freedom" of other teens that were not Jehovah's Witnesses. Compared to me, they seem to have all the fun and they "lived life" and I did feel abit resentful at times. But as I have gotten older and I see the state of the world is with it's social ills that are just engulfing people--especially young people....wow. I could have left a LONG time ago, to get the "freedom" I thought I was missing out on, but as I have observed, the "freedom" this world offers you will eventually come with a price. I'm thankful I remained a Jehovah's Witness. It spares you from alot of needless heartache this world can bring.

When Michael left, I never stopped loving him. I always hoped he would return. He was also raised as a Jehovah's Witness since he was a child and those Bible-based values don't EVER leave you even if you leave Jehovah's Witnesses. Sure Michael went away but he was always referring back to those values he was raised with and he unashamedly mentioned them in various interviews. In the 24 years I've been a Jehovah's Witness, I notice many people who had left for one reason or another, eventually came back ON THEIR OWN. Sadly, it's after the cruelty of this world has shown to be a harsh reality. I do notice that when Michael Jackson was in the Jehovah's Witness, he didn't have as many problems, compared to the never-ending drama that plagued his life during the 22 years after he left. Sure, he probably felt hindered--especially by him being an artist that wanted to express himself more freely---but, believe me, he was ALOT more protected from the wolves, false friends, betrayals and conspiracies this cold world brought to him. I cried MANY times over Michael and prayed for him because even though he wasn't a Jehovah's Witness anymore, it pained me to see him go through what he went through because he was such a good person with a good heart.

Just reminds me of the scripture Proverbs 10:22, "The blessing of Jehovah--that is what makes rich, AND HE ADDS NO PAIN WITH IT." Michael sacrificed his youth, his health, his energy etc. just to bring joy to this world with his remarkable, God given talent. He bought ALOT of joy to this world and he lived to do his part in healing the world; but what did he get in return? Mostly pain--needless pain and heartache. Sure there were people who loved and appreciated him; but to be honest, this world was not worthy of him; otherwise he would not have been treated the way he was.

Getting back on topic (lol), I want to get that People Magazine but I'm snowed in. I'll try to get it in a few days. Good to see Michael's babies are doing well. They are right where they need to be---with their Grandma. They have plenty of love from the Jackson family.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::D

Oh the drama!

Give me a break you lot, Mike gave his kids to his mother, not us, so lay off Katherine and move on.

Oxman? he deserves a good kick in the nuts.

I haven't read nine pages, but I can't in good conscience speak ill Mrs. Katherine Jackson.
Someone I do not know, but someone that was loved, admired, and respected by Michael.

I realize many fans have their own opinions based on love for Michael and his children so I won't be arguing with anyone.

I try to keep in mind though how remarkable this woman must be, this mother, grandmother. She has by all accounts have made Prince, Paris, and Blanket the priority. Even in the midst of her own grief she is loving, protecting and doing her best.

I keep the children in my constant thoughts and prayers and also Mrs. Jackson.

I think this thread has run outta his cause and should be closed. Please :flowers:

The ramblings of Oxman should be ignored, once Murrey's trial is over, so is his time in front of the camera's. Michael's children are a credit to him, and it is good that they are raised within a faith, whatever it is. Katherine is doing a great job by the look of it and the kids adore her, so to hell with what any of the media say.

The ramblings of Oxman should be ignored, once Murrey's trial is over, so is his time in front of the camera's. Michael's children are a credit to him, and it is good that they are raised within a faith, whatever it is. Katherine is doing a great job by the look of it and the kids adore her, so to hell with what any of the media say.

nicely put :clapping:

Michael was still celebrating Christmas and Birthdays so it seems to me he wasn't thinking of becoming anything..

Its a process, things don't happen immediately. It takes time to change your life.

Hey i just remembered wasn't michael's original funeral. A Jehovah's witness one?

Last edited:
It's a real shame that Katherine is not raising the kids the way Michael wanted them to be raised. *sigh* Nobody is respecting his wishes it seems.

I think if you read the article, it states that the kids had
Christmas witht the nanny with gifts like they always have enjoyed. I think Katherine knew how Michael was raising them, and from that example she is respecting Michael's wishes.

One more thing I want to say. Like another post said, Michael may have left JW but his values and what he learned from them made him who he is - a kind, loving, caring person. He learned wonderful things just from following Jesus' and God's teachings just like any Christian faith does. He probably left because of the nature of his career and how it clashed with their strict rules I suppose, I don't know- and maybe just maybe like the poster mentioned if he would've stayed he would not have gone through all the pain and sorrow he experienced, but we will never know. Also, with his kids, since he didn't grow up with holidays and birthdays he wanted his kids to experience that. I just know that he knew in the care of his mother that his kids would be raised in a good, loving, caring environment learning the Bible, and that is all good. I just pray so much that those kids turn out strong and wonderful like they are so far. What Oxman said is true = they are Michael's greatest creation!!

Nice Article, looks like the children are doing quite well, better than I expected really.

The comments against JWs were just plain tasteless and ignorant but to be heavily expected as they are different from mainstream religions. Just like Michael was different from mainstream Hollywood and for that was hated, well then so be it. The hate is to be expected but endured and I'll leave it at that.

But it really made me smile inside to see the many that were respectful enough to keep an open mind in this discussion.

Michael did the best he could and both the children and Katherine so far have proven that to be true.

=)

Last edited:
Katherine is doing a wonderful job with the children and Michael knew she would which is why he granted custody of them to her in his will. Whatever religion Michael became or the family members or whoever does not matter. The kids were raised wonderfully by Michael and will continue to be raised wonderfully by Katherine. They have been allowed to celebrate birthdays and christmas so Katherine is raising them in accordance to Michael's wishes. This is what they have always known. Of course being in the care of Katherine will be different to that of Michael in the way that whenever they were with Michael they were swarmed with bodyguards and papparazzi. But the article neglects to mention that the masks had already come off when they were with Michael as they were not wearing them as much in 2009. Being raised in Encino with Katherine may be what the media considers 'more normal' but if you asked those kids what life they would rather have, a 'normal' life with Katherine or one with their dad still around you'd get your answer in a millionth of a milisecond.

Back