Story on MJ's Children In People Magazine Next Week

I wish Brian Oxman would stop speaking for Michael. He tries to say something nice but it comes across as insulting him. Do you know what I mean?

oxman just needs to shut up in general hes a media whore who will be first on the defence list. he doesnt give a dam about mj his actions on june 25th show that. the fact he is still around certain members of that family sums things up

I truly hope this does not degenerate into yet another discussion about religion, "Michael's religion," and all of that?

Michael was not raising his children as Jehovah's Witnesses. He made sure they were exposed to all the major religions. I'm quite sure he was respectful about that.

No one here says that MJ was raising his children as JW's. It is obvious he wasn't. But just because they go to the hall with Katherine, doesn't mean she is as well. On that note, I digress.

More so on topic, I hope we don't start to see an influx of such articles about the children. That would be terrible.

I truly hope this does not degenerate into yet another discussion about religion, "Michael's religion," and all of that?

Michael was not raising his children as Jehovah's Witnesses. He made sure they were exposed to all the major religions. I'm quite sure he was respectful about that.

Exactly. All I am saying is do it the way Michael wanted it. ;)

go to the hall with Katherine, doesn't mean she is as well. On that note, I digress.
exactly. one pictures at the KH since june and suddenly they are gonne become elders when they grow up. jerms kids went to KH with her aswell. does that mean they are being raised as JW. mj took the kids to KH aswell they were photoed there once just like once with katherine

All that negativity again, come on naw guys.....ANYTHING positive to say?! I'm getting so tired of everyone hating at every little thing there is to hate on. Not saying you should keep your mouth shut, but do it with a lil' more class. Yes I understand, there's a lot to be angry and frustrated about in these times...but stay true to yourself, stay respectful through this chaos...Michael would've loved that better than seeing you all acting like this. Sorry and don't mean to offend anyone, but just sayin'.

I think this is a pretty neat article and love that pic of PPB, look at Blanket's face...so cute! :lol:
He's like 'what ya looking at hah? MY Grammy!'. Lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for your info on blood. It is accurate. But witnesses have a whole committee set up to deal with the blood issue that come to the hospital to talk about alternatives to doctors when parents need them. they do not wish their children to die, nor do they just throw their hands up and "allow" this to happen. They have found many alternatives to blood when having surgeries are actually able to have many surgeries once deemed impossible with out blood and have them successfully.

Yes, I am also aware of this but lets just say that if it comes down to it and someone needs an actual blood transfusion because of blood loss...there is no OTHER substitute for that. I have seen it and it has not had a good ending for the patient so you are wrong. Yes, they allow it if it comes down to it.

However, I am going to say that often there are other things that can be done in a great majority of cases.

It's a real shame that Katherine is not raising the kids the way Michael wanted them to be raised. *sigh* Nobody is respecting his wishes it seems.

It's quite simple really, If Michael wanted them to be raised as a JW then he would have been raising them as one when he was alive.

No one here says that MJ was raising his children as JW's. It is obvious he wasn't. But just because they go to the hall with Katherine, doesn't mean she is as well. On that note, I digress.

Actually, there is quite a bit of discussion on this.

The POINT is, that I hope Katherine respects what she knows of Michael's wishes and continues to raise the children as he was doing.

I truly hope we don't see an influx of these types of articles, now.

It's funny because a Jehovah Witness elder I know, who knew Michael said that before MJs death he was on his way back to the witnesses. Michael also told him that he wanted his children to be brought up as witnesses if anything happened to him. I also heard Grace is a JW or Studying and thats one of the reason MJ took her on as his nanny.

He also said Rebbie was second to his mother bringing up the kids, because she is a witness too. If Rebbie couldn't than it would be Rebbies daughter Stacey, because guess what she is? A Jehovah's witness

His name is Firpo Carr look him up.

So to me it sounds like MJ DID want his kids brought up that way. It's true what was said above if MJ's mother was a catholic or baptist no one would say anything.

The kids seem really happy at the moment, why can't people just leave it at that.

Last edited:
I just finished reading Dancing the Dream and Michael dedicates it to his mother and wrote a really nice thing for her inside. He loved her very much and he knew she would give his kids a loving home. Michael really got everything from her and I am sure she will do her best to do what Michael would want for them.

Here is another article on the children regaring the Jehovah Witness for anyone who wants to know.

When he was alive, Jackson spent enormous effort and money shielding his children from public view, hiding their faces behind bizarre masks and keeping them away from the public with a platoon of burly framed bodyguards.

The children never spent a day in school. They never had friends over to play. And beholden to Jackson's eccentricities and legal woes, they always lacked a permanent home, hop-scotching all over the world from Bahrain to Dublin to Las Vegas to Switzerland.

"As Michael's children, they lived a sort of a vagabond life. They went from city to city, hotel to hotel. Michael essentially lived in hotels," said Oxman, who has worked with the Jackson family since 1989, and was one of Jackson's lawyers on his 2005 child-molestation trial.

"So their life has always been travelling from place to place to place. This is the first time that they've ever had a truly stable home where they put their heads down on the same pillow each night."

'Home' is now a sprawling mansion in Encino, California -- the hub of the Jackson family empire -- run by the sprightly but fierce family matriarch, 79-year-old Katherine Jackson.

I am very upset about this interview. Will Oxman ever shup up? He makes it sound like Michael was a bad parent. :eek:

It's funny because a Jehovah Witness elder I know, who knew Michael said that before MJs death he was on his way back to the witnesses. Michael also told him that he wanted his children to be brought up as witnesses if anything happened to him. I also heard Grace is a JW or Studying and thats one of the reason MJ took her on as his nanny.

So to me it sounds like MJ DID want his kids brought up that way. It's true what was said above if MJ's mother was a catholic or baptist no one would say anything.

Yeah but didn't Jermaine also say he was thinking of becoming an Islam? Michael was still celebrating Christmas and Birthdays so it seems to me he wasn't thinking of becoming anything..

to be fair firpo isnt credible hes a media whore who didnt know mj

somoene needs to send oxman all those pics of mjs kids playing with the malnick kids and going on holidays and spending time wither thier friends. oxman is scum who it seems really hates mj due to the shit he spreads everytime he opens his mouth. so resentful after mez sacked his ass?

This is katherine faith, she is rasing those kids like she rased her own (michael) and when the kids get old enough to make there own decisions they will have the freedom to, just like michael did.

Yeah but didn't Jermaine also say he was thinking of becoming an Islam? Michael was still celebrating Christmas and Birthdays so it seems to me he wasn't thinking of becoming anything..

Exactly. Jermaine said Michael was thinking of conversion to Islam. And yes, he was still celebrating Christmas and birthdays, and that had not changed. People will believe what they want to believe, but this is really not a productive road to go down.

One thing we probably all can agree on is that Oxman needs to sit down and be silent?

Exactly. Jermaine said Michael was thinking of conversion to Islam. And yes, he was still celebrating Christmas and birthdays, and that had not changed. People will believe what they want to believe, but this is really not a productive road to go down.

One thing we probably all can agree on is that Oxman needs to sit down and be silent?

I agree Oxman DOES need to sit down and SHUT UP.....Vic you have more finesse than I do.....:lmao:.......

Here is another article on the children regaring the Jehovah Witness for anyone who wants to know.

The night was supposed to belong to R&B glamour puss Beyonce Knowles, but in the end it was three sweet-faced kids who stole the show. At the 52nd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles this week, Michael Jackson's children took to the stage to accept a posthumous lifetime achievement award in honour of their father who died of a heart attack last June.

Prince Michael (12) and Paris Michael (11) spoke with remarkable composure about their superstar daddy while wearing miniature versions of the shiny black suits with red armbands that were Jackson's onstage trademark. Their seven-year-old brother, Prince Michael II (aka 'Blanket'), watched from backstage.

It was their first public appearance since Jackson's memorial in July, when a tearful Paris told the world that "Daddy had been the best father you could ever imagine".

Since Jackson's death, the world has heard little about the three children who have been kept in relative isolation in the Californian mansion belonging to their guardian and grandmother, Katherine Jackson.

But in an exclusive interview this week with a Jackson family lawyer, the Irish Independent has learned how the King of Pop's kids are adapting to their new life, and how they are coping with the death of Jackson -- the only parent they have ever known.

"It is a mixed bag," said Brian Oxman. "On the one hand, they are doing extremely well with Katherine Jackson. They are very comfortable there and they like it.

"On the other hand. . . they have to deal with the death of their father, and the constant reminders of that do not go away -- from the news media, to friends, to court proceedings. It is always a constant reminder for them, so they have a very mixed emotional experience."

When he was alive, Jackson spent enormous effort and money shielding his children from public view, hiding their faces behind bizarre masks and keeping them away from the public with a platoon of burly framed bodyguards.

The children never spent a day in school. They never had friends over to play. And beholden to Jackson's eccentricities and legal woes, they always lacked a permanent home, hop-scotching all over the world from Bahrain to Dublin to Las Vegas to Switzerland.

"As Michael's children, they lived a sort of a vagabond life. They went from city to city, hotel to hotel. Michael essentially lived in hotels," said Oxman, who has worked with the Jackson family since 1989, and was one of Jackson's lawyers on his 2005 child-molestation trial.

"So their life has always been travelling from place to place to place. This is the first time that they've ever had a truly stable home where they put their heads down on the same pillow each night."

'Home' is now a sprawling mansion in Encino, California -- the hub of the Jackson family empire -- run by the sprightly but fierce family matriarch, 79-year-old Katherine Jackson.

"Mrs Jackson is the pied piper of children. They follow her around. She has the chefs make them cookies and candy," said Oxman.

Apart from weekly karate classes, the children rarely leave the premises. They are home-schooled by tutors who arrive at the mansion gates each day to provide lessons. Their only contact with other children is the legion of Jackson cousins who drop by regularly to provide a steady source of raucous entertainment. "There are usually anywhere from five to 10 additional kids who are at the house and they just have a good time," Oxman said.

Even their controversial grandfather, Joe Jackson, who no longer lives in the Jackson family home, seems to be playing a role in their life -- despite the tortured relationship he endured with his son prior to his death.

"Mr Jackson will visit on a regular basis. He will go places where they are. He is not actively involved in raising the kids but he is an ever-present factor in their life. They love him," said Oxman.

Living under the same roof as a devout Jehovah's Witness, the children must now learn to adhere to their grandmother's strict religious principles -- which means no birthday parties or Christmas celebrations.

"Mrs Jackson is a Jehovah's Witness so she does not celebrate with the party hats and the streamers and the birthday cake," Oxman said. "Those things are considered to be pagan. They just don't do the celebration that we usually attribute to birthdays."

On his last Christmas, Michael Jackson had surprised his children by arranging for Carrie Fisher to drop by the house on Christmas Eve and reprise her role as Princess Leia in Star Wars. "They were so excited," said family friend Stephen Price. "She did her famous speech for them -- the 'Help me, Obi-Wan' speech."

On their first Christmas without their father, Katherine Jackson sent her grandchildren away with their long-term nanny Grace Rwaramba -- the closest person they have ever had to a mother -- so they could enjoy the holidays and be lavished with gifts like other children, said Oxman.

Despite his much-publicised eccentricities -- the plastic surgeries, dangling babies out of hotel windows and taking his kids shopping at 3am -- Jackson was a devoted father, said Oxman, and his children "are his greatest work".

Prince is a "substantial" young man and the most outgoing of the three. Paris is polite and reserved, and very protective of her younger brother, Blanket. They are, said Stephen Price, "the greatest kids you'll ever meet".

"I think the public is very surprised at how well these kids have turned out," said Oxman. "However, the people in the family, and those of us who knew Michael, we're not surprised in the slightest.

"What else could possibly have been the result for Michael Jackson's children? They were raised to be kind, gracious, smart. This is the way Michael wanted them to turn out and we who knew him knew that this would be the product of Michael's work."

But Jackson's three heirs -- set to inherit a vast fortune after the death of their grandmother -- will have to work hard to keep their feet on the ground. Last month, a judge ordered the children's monthly allowance from their father's estate to be raised to $60,000 (€44,000). Their grandfather Joe -- who is represented by Oxman -- is locked in a bitter legal battle with the administrators of his son's estate to provide him with a monthly allowance and will return to court next week to fight his case.

Ultimately, Jackson wanted to give his kids the idyllic childhood that he was deprived of, said Oxman. But his tragic death has changed all that, and his kids are having to grow up sooner than he had planned.

"And that's nothing that Mrs Jackson can control. It's nothing that anybody else can control. When a parent is no longer there, a child has to grow up real fast, and I think at the Grammys we saw kids who were coping with it pretty doggone well."

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/the-strange--nobirthday-world-of-jackos-kids-2051035.html

Someone seriously needs to bish slap Oxman upside his damn head. I'm really done with this guy. wtf he talkin' bout that the "kids had no friends when they were with Mike" wth is that BS?! And Grace, I really wish her ass would go away. Those children are not "her babies" Michael fired her multiple times. So she go on and get. :doh:

Great article. Very positive and no tabloidy stuff. It's awesome that the kids are so smart that they skipped a grade.

Sounds like the traditional large family with lots of kids around and lots of fun. This article was a breath of fresh air after all the the other garbage from TMZ and the other tabloids. Good to know Streisand has a pulse on what's going on with the kids as well.

He left his children to his mother. He knew how she would raise them because she raised him. Some people need to stop judging and let Katherine raise her grandchildren. When the kids are older, they can decide if they want to practice or not. But I believe religion is important.

Besides Grace is there too. If Michael was bent on not raising his kids in the JW faith, I am sure Katherine would know and if not, Grace would tell her.

thanks for the article I see grace is their mother still... and glad that they are ok

The one who is criticising Kathy Hilton. Don't be such a drama queen, the woman didn't say much beside ''they are wonderful children''. That is hardly ''talking/selling'' stories to tabloids. You wanna go after those who sell stories to tabloids? Go after the right ones. :rolleyes:

It breaks my heart that they get no birthdays or christmas - Michael would be upset.

:cry:

They've already had their daddy taken away - they don't need to lose happy days - thank you very much!

MY SISTER IS A JW...that religion is horrible for kids.

I am always walking on egg shells during the holidays ...

Last edited:
It's a real shame that Katherine is not raising the kids the way Michael wanted them to be raised. *sigh* Nobody is respecting his wishes it seems.

She's forcing religion on them which isn't right, she should let MJ's kids believe what they want to believe in and not have it forced upon them :yes:

MY SISTER IS A JW...that relation is horrible for kids.

I am always walking on egg shells during the holidays ...

If this is the relationship you have with your sister, than that is a problem between you two and not indicative of all JW's. And to say that religion is horrible for kids is also based on your own particular and obviously limited realm of vision.:yes:

And she is not forcing her religion on them. She is not doing anything any different than MJ by taking them to the Hall. We have seen so far that they have been allowed to also have their holidays. Time will tell what will happen in the future.

People see one thing and jump from A to Z without taking the time to really contemplate and examine what is really taking place. Maybe it is because most are not aware of what goes on at the hall. it takes a lot more than just going to become a JW. maybe if some do not understand, the proper course of action would be to ask and educate yourself before jumping to conclusions.

I don't find where Katherinr "forced" her religion on any of her own children. She allowed them all to make their own decisions about their religions. We have no reason to doubt she would not do the same here.

Why don't we stick to what the topic is about and stop making posts downing a religion that it is obvious many do not know very much about except for what they have heard from others?

With L.O.V.E., of course!:cheeky:

I like the People magazine article! I am not getting the impression that they are being foreced to do anything. They get to celebrate holidays with friends and yet they also go to Kingdom Hall and at some point in the future they can choose for themselves. I am not a Jevoah's witness myself but I was interested to know more about it so I went to the website www.watchtower.org which explains many of their beliefs clearly. It was very educating and enlightening.

I keep getting mixed reactions to articles about the children, even though the People magazine article was overall very positive. I don't know, maybe all this media positivity about the children is just surprising to me after all those years they tried to paint an image of Michael as a bad father. On the one hand I'm so glad that they're doing okay and that everyone keeps saying what wonderful kids they are, but at the same time I kind of feel like they're trying to draw a dividing line between their former "sheltered" lives and their current "normal" one. I mean it's not like the kids couldn't go to karate class before or that they didn't hang out with friends before, it's just that all that has become more "exposed" now that all these mags are writing stories about them. With this I'm referring more to the article with Brian Oxman than to the People article btw.

The major reason why the kids are so smart and well-adjusted in the first place is because of their father but that somehow fails to register with some. The children's lives changed forever last June for sure, and now the Jackson family are just trying to continue looking after these kids the way Michael would have wanted, nothing more, nothing less. It's a darn good thing their dad took such good care of them for those years so that they'll be ready to face whatever's coming.

Back