Son went back to emergancy room on Thursday(update pg 6)

Aww I hope you and your son are ok, I will pray for you Dorothy, and your son :) hope everything goes ok :pray: :angel:

I'm very sorry for your son Dorothy, I will pray for both of you. :flowers:

Hi Dorothy...I found this on the web:

From http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chest-pain-on-right-side.html

Chest pain on the right side is gradually becoming a common problem in the masses, nowadays. Many people experience intermittent, sudden and erratic chest pains at regular intervals in the day. For some lucky ones, the intensity and duration of the right side chest pain, may last for few seconds and the frequency can be once or twice a week. The person may also experience pain under the arm pits, back side and in the pelvis region. Some people may encounter pain in the right side of chest while bending down or picking some heavy material. For some people, chest pain on the right side occurs while sneezing, coughing and even vomiting. Given the large number of cases and symptoms, chest pain on the right side can be a result of many causes, often unknown to the patient. Below, I have mentioned some major causes of chest pain on the right side.

Causes Of Chest Pain on Right Side
Chest pain on the right side can be due to cardiac and non-cardiac reasons. The common causes of chest pain on right side are as mentioned below.

Gallbladder Diseases
If there is a problem with the gallbladder, then it may result in some severe chest pain on the right side. Gall stones cause severe pain in the abdomen area and this pain also extends to the chest, which can be dangerous. Chest pain can also be a gallbladder surgery side effect. The lower back pain can reach the chest when it is in severe condition and cause pain in the chest. The gallbladder diseases can cause chest pain and so one should be aware of this fact that timely measures can be taken in order to control the symptoms of gallbladder diseases and hence avoid chest pain.

Liver Inflammation
Liver inflammation can be responsible for the popping of the chest and so if you often suffer from chest pain, you should get a check up of your liver.

Psychological Stress
If you don't have any other medical condition that can possibly cause pain in the right side of the chest, then ponder on your lifestyle. Is it sedentary? Are you taking too much stress, both physical and psychic, may be due to your work? It is a fact, that if you have poor eating habits or you are a lazy brat, who loves to skip exercise routines, then your heart may not be functioning at its peak, leading to chest pain on the right side. Anxiety and prolonged mental stress can also lead to chest pains.

Pleura Inflammation
Pleura is a thin membrane that covers the lungs and inner walls of the chest. An inflammation in the pleura can lead to chest pain on the right side.

Asthma
Asthma can be one of the possible causes of chests pain, especially the asthma in children. Severe chest congestion and wheezing can lead to chest pain in children. Even adults, who have severe asthma problem may suffer from chest pain on the right side.

Pneumonia
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs in which there is an accumulation of pus in the alveoli of the lungs. This can also lead to chest pains in many people.

Heartburn
Heart burn is a severe feeling of burning sensation behind the sternum and often accompanied by a feeling of regurgitation. During regurgitation the person feels the food re-entering the mouth. Usually this happens after a meal and can last for a few hours.

Chest pain on the right side can be treated after the exact cause in known. Often people get bewildered, due to the chest pain and are unable to trace the exact cause of chest pain. Refer to a doctor and keep a check on your lifestyle, so that you can reduce the risk of chest pain.

I hope this helps....I am continuing to pray for your son and you. Please take care....

Dororthy dear,your son and you will go on being inmy thoughts and prayers.

Anything i can do...you know how to find me.

HUGS

Sorry to learn of your sons set back Dorothy.:(

I do pray for wisdom that the doctors can identify any possible cause for his symptoms.
I will continue to pray for you and your son at this worrying time.

Love to you.:better:

Hi Dorothy...I found this on the web:

From http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chest-pain-on-right-side.html

Chest pain on the right side is gradually becoming a common problem in the masses, nowadays. Many people experience intermittent, sudden and erratic chest pains at regular intervals in the day. For some lucky ones, the intensity and duration of the right side chest pain, may last for few seconds and the frequency can be once or twice a week. The person may also experience pain under the arm pits, back side and in the pelvis region. Some people may encounter pain in the right side of chest while bending down or picking some heavy material. For some people, chest pain on the right side occurs while sneezing, coughing and even vomiting. Given the large number of cases and symptoms, chest pain on the right side can be a result of many causes, often unknown to the patient. Below, I have mentioned some major causes of chest pain on the right side.

Causes Of Chest Pain on Right Side
Chest pain on the right side can be due to cardiac and non-cardiac reasons. The common causes of chest pain on right side are as mentioned below.

Gallbladder Diseases
If there is a problem with the gallbladder, then it may result in some severe chest pain on the right side. Gall stones cause severe pain in the abdomen area and this pain also extends to the chest, which can be dangerous. Chest pain can also be a gallbladder surgery side effect. The lower back pain can reach the chest when it is in severe condition and cause pain in the chest. The gallbladder diseases can cause chest pain and so one should be aware of this fact that timely measures can be taken in order to control the symptoms of gallbladder diseases and hence avoid chest pain.

Liver Inflammation
Liver inflammation can be responsible for the popping of the chest and so if you often suffer from chest pain, you should get a check up of your liver.

Psychological Stress
If you don't have any other medical condition that can possibly cause pain in the right side of the chest, then ponder on your lifestyle. Is it sedentary? Are you taking too much stress, both physical and psychic, may be due to your work? It is a fact, that if you have poor eating habits or you are a lazy brat, who loves to skip exercise routines, then your heart may not be functioning at its peak, leading to chest pain on the right side. Anxiety and prolonged mental stress can also lead to chest pains.

Pleura Inflammation
Pleura is a thin membrane that covers the lungs and inner walls of the chest. An inflammation in the pleura can lead to chest pain on the right side.

Asthma
Asthma can be one of the possible causes of chests pain, especially the asthma in children. Severe chest congestion and wheezing can lead to chest pain in children. Even adults, who have severe asthma problem may suffer from chest pain on the right side.

Pneumonia
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs in which there is an accumulation of pus in the alveoli of the lungs. This can also lead to chest pains in many people.

Heartburn
Heart burn is a severe feeling of burning sensation behind the sternum and often accompanied by a feeling of regurgitation. During regurgitation the person feels the food re-entering the mouth. Usually this happens after a meal and can last for a few hours.

Chest pain on the right side can be treated after the exact cause in known. Often people get bewildered, due to the chest pain and are unable to trace the exact cause of chest pain. Refer to a doctor and keep a check on your lifestyle, so that you can reduce the risk of chest pain.

I hope this helps....I am continuing to pray for your son and you. Please take care....

Thank you Linda for that article. It's very informative and I will print it out.

Re: Son went back to emergancy room on Thursday(update pg 5)

Yesterday my son went back to the emergancy room because he was feeling bad again. He had a pain from his right arm all the way to his right side of the chest. He was at school when this happened and I was at work. He called me and I ran out of the building telling everyone I had to go because I had to take my son back to the emergancy room. I took him to the emergancy room and they took a chest xray,bloodwork, and ekg. A few hours later they came back and said they couldn't find anything wrong that his tests were all negative so they released him. He wasn't in severe pain like the first time and was doing good just the pain was kind of bothering him. I was panicking when he told me but thank God he is okay. I am just going to keep an eye on him really well and make sure he is eating healthy. Just keep praying for him that he will be okay. Thank you my friends.

i will keep praying.

Last edited:
I hope your son gets well soon.. my prayers are with you :hug:

Thank you to all my friends once again. My son is doing well and in good spirits. :yes:

That is such good news Dorothy! However, I'd be perplexed - what is causing this?

i'm glad to hear the good news, too!

..i was wondering the same thing, though..cus....in my life, if something was really bothering me, in my life, that maybe i was worrying about..sometimes, it would affect me, physically. and since they found nothing in your son, Dorothy, as far as physical ailments..maybe he's worried about something in his life, that he's not talking about..

you know..i mean...suppose i thought my company wasn't doing well, or a friend of mine was going through something traumatic, and i felt helpless...my emotional trauma might affect me physically...

i was wondering, if your son might be thinking some weighty thoughts, that he couldn't put into words..

Last edited:
I hope your son gets better. I know how stressful it is to worry about your heart. :hug:

Back