So many reasons to release Bad Tour '89 L.A concert on DVD.

How come this is still available in regular respected cd shops that normally don't sell bootlegs and only official releases? I'm really confused here a bit...

Strange I thought botlegs are against the law?

And how is making many with the bootlegs sold on amazon???

Yes and these are 100% legal and very respected shops, that's why I don't get it either!

[edit]
Hmmz just got an email from bol.com stating the following:
"Our supplier told us that they cannot release the DVD due to unclarity about the rights on the video- and audiomaterial"

I still saw it available in a shop though, so will probably get it from there while it's still out there ;)
[/edit]

Last edited:
Where do you all find all those concerts????, i only have the bad tour in yokohama, history tour in seoul, munich, new zealand, kuala lumpur but i cant get all those you were talking about at the beggininnig of the discussion, PLEASE TEL ME WHERE TO FOUND THEM, i need to have those, PLEASE some one give a good site to download:angel:, cause it seems they will never realise them officially, the only official one i got is LIVE IN BUCHAREST: THE DANGEROUS TOUR

You're RIGHT!
'Cause Michael was at his best in Bad tour!
You all love the Bad tour (i do too), but i also love the History tour as much as the Bad tour and the Dangerous tour, History tour has They Dont Care About Us, The Earth Song, all those wonderful tracks, i really love the HISTORY TOUR, I love teh whole robotic stuff, Michael was a musical god.

Where do you all find all those concerts????, i only have the bad tour in yokohama, history tour in seoul, munich, new zealand, kuala lumpur but i cant get all those you were talking about at the beggininnig of the discussion, PLEASE TEL ME WHERE TO FOUND THEM, i need to have those, PLEASE some one give a good site to download:angel:, cause it seems they will never realise them officially, the only official one i got is LIVE IN BUCHAREST: THE DANGEROUS TOUR
I can only find Bucharest and Yokohama officially too. All others I can find are downloads like you have...

Advantage of pressed DVD's is that they last longer :) Burned DVD often stop working after a number of years. That's why I keep a copy of all my downloads on my harddrive even after I burned them, which has an automatic copy (RAID) as well so when 1 disc crashes I still don't lose it ;)

It seems some Argentinian company released a Bad (Yokohama?) DVD:
http://www.idvdg.com.ar/
http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackson..._ray?hash=item53dc2a7562&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It wont ever happen................
No seriously, how come, do ypu know what you are talking about?, now all that stuff if realised (not all at the same time) it would sell LOADS, making millions for the owners companies, i think they are now making plans to realise them, believe me, this time is the best time to realise anything Michael Jackson, he has gained sadly with his death, millions new fans, cause before, it was like the teenage people didnt knew him at all (the artistical part), now they all know he was a MASTER, so i think they will realise many tours on DVD soon, there will be many young people trying to be like him, you all know Michael's artistry is almost addictive

I can only find Bucharest and Yokohama officially too. All others I can find are downloads like you have...

Advantage of pressed DVD's is that they last longer :) Burned DVD often stop working after a number of years. That's why I keep a copy of all my downloads on my harddrive even after I burned them, which has an automatic copy (RAID) as well so when 1 disc crashes I still don't lose it ;)

It seems some Argentinian company released a Bad (Yokohama?) DVD:
http://www.idvdg.com.ar/
http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackson..._ray?hash=item53dc2a7562&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Oh really hanks, i didnt know, i will see!:clapping: oh yes you were right!

he was at his best during that period, looking great and singing great, everything live
I would be really happy if they did release this

They must release at least 1 dvd of EVERY tour, cause i love every single one of them, as i said before im sure they would do it, Michael was a genius, all these concerts are treasures everyone wants to posses

And how is making many with the bootlegs sold on amazon???

They will only stop selling if they are threatened with legal proceedings, but Michael was never that type of person.

There was a site by Sony asking all music fans what concerts they would like to be released.

Most of the requests were for Michael Jackson.

But I can't remember what site it was!

Do i want bad tour la concert on dvd.......HECK YEH BABY!!! :wild:

Well...now that the executors are final. Maybe now they will be looking into all the possibilities. he left a ton of music along with film of the live performances
(bless his soul - he was a film maker. :yes:)

I would LOVE to see a BAD tour compilation. The Victory tour as well!! MJ's Magic was at his peak in during the 80's - especially the vocals & dance style in these live performances. And he was sexy as hell! Yes, Dangerous and HIStory were unbelievable - but he was still trying to top himself. Victory & BAD were fresh!

Keep believing...anything is possible!:fortuneteller:

^^^ I was just about to post something about that! =D

So now John Branca and John McClain own the rights to all the footage now, correct? Weren't they both working for Michael during the Bad Tour? Surely they know how awesome it was and that a Bad Tour LA DVD would FLY off the shelves!

I don't understand why the Bad Tour has not been released yet. I hope one day it will be.

I'm greedy. I don't just want one Bad tour DVD. I would buy every single concert I could get my hands on.

Osaka, Kansas, Houston, the list goes on and on.

Don't kid yourself. Yall don't want no Bad Tour released on DVD because if yall did yall would have asked Frank when we had the chance but naw we wanna play freaking investigator.

Birchey and his friends try right now to get some things for fans!
Bad tour full Wembley Pro etc

I don't know if this has been said already,and correct me if i'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Michael owned 70% of his own concert footage and Sony owns 30% of each release/show. So therefore no concert releases because it's not profitable for Sony. Except Bucharest show of course, wich at the time was exclusively sold to hbo.

Last edited:
I've been wishing for them to release the BAD tour on DVD for as long as I've been an MJ fan.
He was dripping sexiness.

Last edited:
^^Can you please explain more?

Sony don't have anything, They dont have access to any of the footage other than whats already been cleared. Chances are rough copies of concerts are held in storage with the exception of a few concerts that may have been mixed specially.

I have been told that Nocturnes audio recordings were pretty bad too, check out the bad tour audio I have posted on my youtube, that comes from a far superior mix, made in only a couple of nights but by a professional with the perfect ear for sound.

As it stands, the cost of storing all this footage/audio and keeping it in good condition all these years might have been too much, also I dont think having them transferred to digital media would have been done for no apparent reason. This footage was only for Michael, it was not meant for release, he paid for it and he would have to pay for its upkeep and security. Sony have got hardly anything from him in all these years.

Chances are the estate cant even get copies. The best shot we got so far is pushing this pro bad tour audio from Wembley 1988, its 100% physical and we know it exists, and it captured the pure electricity of Michael, he was giving an extra 10% that night.

Soon a campaign is coming to get this audio released please be patient we will hear the magic :)

My Youtube: www.youtube.com/birchey3000

I'm greedy. I don't just want one Bad tour DVD. I would buy every single concert I could get my hands on.

Osaka, Kansas, Houston, the list goes on and on.

yup!!

Please release all bad concerts on dvd! and all victory tour concerts as well! :D I don't think that's too much to ask for at all! :dntknw:

but oh man! I'd be broke!

Back