So many reasons to release Bad Tour '89 L.A concert on DVD.

ah i bet the people who can make this happen have never even been asked or even heard of any petitions at all, :(:(:(:(:(

whenever ive seen any of the jacksons on tv asked about stuff its never been about concerts etc, its always people saying we love you or stupid questions...:(

all that ever seems to happen is the mega fans talk about it, i bet the average man on the street thinks these would be in the shops anyway if asked...

if they dont come out now they never will, i mean look at all other artists, concerts come out straight away almost, have multiple shows out...

just unbelievable...:(:(:(:(:(

i almost feel like shouting, why the **** are the concerts recorded if we are never gonna see em...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
And Michael is the KING OF MUSIC and his music matters the most! There seems to be a hidden agenda in my opinion that is being founded to ruin everything related to Michael because YOU cannot convince me that it is normal for Michael not have a decent list of commercial DVDs, something is wrong and we should do something about it and I think we can.

I'm wondering whether Sony owns or partly owns some of the BAD tour footage since they did put up a video of Michael performing Dirty Diana live but not sure which concert it was from.

Whether we see a BAD tour or Victory tour DVD will depend on the people who are managing his estate but if they do decide to I don't think it will be anytime soon.

I also think now would be an excellent time to release these concerts, as right now MJ commercial interest is at it's highest in years, I don't think they will get another chance as good as the present to do this and make money off it.

Plus I want to add my vote for BAD Tour Wembley I don't care about much else! :p

Whether we see a BAD tour or Victory tour DVD will depend on the people who are managing his estate but if they do decide to I don't think it will be anytime soon.

Perhaps we should all bombard them with emails!

i want a 2disc set one from the 1st leg and the 2nd leg (with all the bad material)

Not sure that him dying in LA would be that great of a reason like :) ... but I'd still love to see it released! If not that then Wembley.

Off topic but I noticed you're from Merseyside, whereabouts you at lad?

It needs to be released. End of story.

Off topic, I'm from the Wirral :)

I recently watched the Bad Tour in Japan and couldn't believe how much he used to sing live compared to lately. I watched the History Tour right before that and pretty much the entire thing was lipsynched (I can understand why, I don't know how he did that night after night let alone sing on top of it). But the Bad tour was great because he was young and fresh, but I like more of his later songs so I missed those from the early days. They should have released the tour back in the day.

hi to everybody from a new member :)
could anyone tell me how many videos of the bad tour actually exist?? i mean like complete video concerts..i know there are some that circulate in internet like the one in japan, one in australia i think, what else?? and how can one get them???
I'd really love also if all the michael jackson's concerts were released on dvds, especially the bad tour and the ones previous to bad..i'd love to see a good quality live video of dont stop til you get enough..i love this song..i've seen 2 on youtube but the quality is bad. did he ever perform say say say live???
thanks,

not la, he doesnt do dirty diana....

release wembley, thats the only one everyone really wants

hi to everybody from a new member :)
could anyone tell me how many videos of the bad tour actually exist?? i mean like complete video concerts..i know there are some that circulate in internet like the one in japan, one in australia i think, what else?? and how can one get them???
I'd really love also if all the michael jackson's concerts were released on dvds, especially the bad tour and the ones previous to bad..i'd love to see a good quality live video of dont stop til you get enough..i love this song..i've seen 2 on youtube but the quality is bad. did he ever perform say say say live???
thanks,

:welcome_sign:

You will find lots of concerts in this section:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126

Michael's concerts aren't the only one how don't get easily released.
Janet's Rhythm Nation Tour 90 - it was shown on Japan Tv, never relesed.
Madonna "Blond ambition Tour 90" had Laser disk of Yokohama and Nice (last show), but never got dvd release.
And all the fans are dying to have HQ of these concerts.
The problem with Janets and Madonnas concerts are publication rights.
And the rights of Michaels concerts are also fishy.

Companies for along time havent cared about fans and are very scarce when it comes to releasing material on DVD. There would be tons of stuff in vaults around the world but when it comes to 80s material it likely would need remastering because of the age of the film and most companies usually only invest in that if they are guaranteed it will be a top seller, something like the remastering that went on for the Superman dvd box collection. Its frustrating and petitions have been done before but nothing works because they just dont want to release it.

Despite the lip-synching, I would still like to see a commercial release for the HIStory tour.

OK can someone anyone tell me what needs to be done to finally finally have BAD Tour released as a DVD

I am sure there are fans out there like me, who are prepared to move mountains...where do we start?

From my understanding you would get an online petition running with people signing their names and then give it to someone at the record company but from what I remember petitions have been done many times before. Not just in Michael Jackson community but other artists like Madonna. The record companies just dont budge. Its beyond frustrating because often they film many concerts and then everything goes into a vault. Its nuts!

try to find a record company that actually owns a concert from that era, try to buy the rigts and the footage of that one concert and release it yourself online, or let's all try this together, big donation action and put it on the web afterwards for free.

exactly, even if it costs $10,000 to buy, that would only be $1 each from everybody who signed the petition!

It's very expensive to restore old film, especially if it hadn't been kept well. There also could be copyright or liscensing issues. It's not like someone can just say, lets put out a DVD. But a cheaper way to release it, is to not release DVDs to retail stores, but make some and sell them on an infomercial like Time/Life CD collections or Midnight Special or Dean Martin Show DVD's.

There is only one thing standing in the way of a Bad tour dvd or a History tour dvd release. It's called You Tube.

Despite the lip-synching, I would still like to see a commercial release for the HIStory tour.

for gothenburg during the moments where he actually sings live he sounds incredible. I agree though. I'd like them to pick the best song peformances from the best nights and piece them together so it looks like it's all one same concert.

There is only one thing standing in the way of a Bad tour dvd or a History tour dvd release. It's called You Tube.
I don't think anyone but completists want History. I've seen it and thought it was boring. If I want to see lip syncing I can watch music videos.

I loved the HIStory tour, one of the best shows on earth and should be available commercially without doubt, and I prefer Michael to be alive lip-syncing than dead. :mat:

Back