September 2. News & Mentionings - [RUMOR]Pam and Mike out and about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: September 2. News & Mentionings - Pam and Mike out and about

I dont think its taken as a rumor?is it??

Here is another MJ Obama mention

Obama Speech: Bigger Than 'Idol' Finale

By Roger Catlin on August 29, 2008 11:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)

More than 40 million people likely watched Barack Obama's acceptance speech Thursday, Nielsen said, besting the "American Idol" finale in May, the Academy Awards and the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics.
With more than a fourth of the nation tuned in, it may be the most watched convention speech ever.
Only the Super Bowl and three other playoff games had more people watching this year, Nielsen said.
It nearly doubled the number of people watching John Kerry's acceptance speech four years ago (possibly having something to do with realative strengths of oratory).
Of course the speech was carried on eleven networks (as opposed to the "Idol" finale).But the four days of the convention in Denver averaged 22.5 million households -- far more than any previously recorded.
Ten commercial networks carrying the speech -- ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, BET, TV One, Univision and Telemundo.-- brought in 38,4 million viewers, Nielsen said. And PBS, which isn't counted by Nielsen drew its own record amount of viewers -- 4 million.
(And all of this doesn't count CSPAN, where I was doing my watching).
It was a big audience, but maybe not Michael Jackson big. The Obama speech was the fifth highest rated non-sports broadcast watched by African-Americans in the last 11 years (No.1 was Jackson's oddball 30th anniversary concert featuring a reunion of the Jacksons in 2001).
CNN was first among networks -- even the broadcast ones -- with 8.1 million watching. ABC was next with 6.6 million for their hour of coverage, NBC third with 6.1 million, CBS trailing with 4.7 million.
Fox News' 4.12 million narrowly edged MSNBC's 4.1 million.
The Republicans will have to do a lot from St. Paul next week to match those numbers.

http://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/2008/08/obama-speech-bigger-than-idol.html
Oddball concert?

Victory2004, I was thinking the same thing!

What's so oddball about it?

I guess when it comes to MJ you have to insert 'weird', 'freak' or 'odd' in the conversation!

When I first read that I didn't even read the 'oddball' comment, I guess you only want to see what you want to see, but what was so odd humm, I guess your right, TheChosenOne they can't just keep the conversation normal.
Regarding the MJ/Pammy story, it put a smile on my face...much better than the usual snide comments, hehe

I dont think its taken as a rumor?is it??

Well of course its taken as a rumour :) untill we get some reliable source
for the info_ but it is sure fun to hear and will piss of the haters - :D

Last edited:

^^ lol.... yup!!

Re: September 2. News & Mentionings

In other news...

We know how Michael LUVS Show Tunes, so, here's to hoping that Mr. Bandier gets it for him and Sony...if they want it
:cheeky:

$$$

Rodgers & Hammerstein Show Tunes Catalog For Sale
September 02, 2008 - Publishing

By Reuters

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization is in talks to sell its catalog of Broadway musical show tunes and standards to major music companies for between $150 million and $200 million, according to people familiar with the matter.

EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing and Warner/Chappell Music Publishing are all looking over the catalog, which includes songs from shows including "The Sound of Music," "The King and I" and "South Pacific."

The catalog includes over 3,000 songs by founder songwriters Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II and nearly 100 other writers like Irving Berlin and Lorenz Hart.

The company is said to be looking for more than $250 million, according to the people who spoke with Reuters on condition of anonymity. But several of these people expressed doubt that music company bids for Rodgers & Hammerstein would go higher than $200 million.

The Rodgers & Hammerstein catalog has also attracted interest from hedge funds and private equity companies, which are attracted to song publishing assets as a source of regular cash flows through song licensing.

Rodgers & Hammerstein spokesman Bert Fink declined to comment on the matter.

Publishing companies can make new revenue from catalog assets by licensing show tunes for use in a range of outlets such as advertising, video and television, in a process known as synchronization.

"This catalog has not been exploited to its full potential," said one person.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i9e7f602573f2a544563a855be4d10444

Post # 1,000 :wild:

Last edited:

Ummm Pamela is not someone to hate on, looking a little rough around the edges lately. To each their own, maybe that's his inspiration and the reason why he's so happy. Good luck to that. :)

In other news...

We know how Michael LUVS Show Tunes, so, here's to hoping that Mr. Bandier gets it for him and Sony...if they want it :cheeky:

$$$

Rodgers & Hammerstein Show Tunes Catalog For Sale
September 02, 2008 - Publishing

By Reuters

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization is in talks to sell its catalog of Broadway musical show tunes and standards to major music companies for between $150 million and $200 million, according to people familiar with the matter.

EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing and Warner/Chappell Music Publishing are all looking over the catalog, which includes songs from shows including "The Sound of Music," "The King and I" and "South Pacific."

The catalog includes over 3,000 songs by founder songwriters Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II and nearly 100 other writers like Irving Berlin and Lorenz Hart.

The company is said to be looking for more than $250 million, according to the people who spoke with Reuters on condition of anonymity. But several of these people expressed doubt that music company bids for Rodgers & Hammerstein would go higher than $200 million.

The Rodgers & Hammerstein catalog has also attracted interest from hedge funds and private equity companies, which are attracted to song publishing assets as a source of regular cash flows through song licensing.

Rodgers & Hammerstein spokesman Bert Fink declined to comment on the matter.

Publishing companies can make new revenue from catalog assets by licensing show tunes for use in a range of outlets such as advertising, video and television, in a process known as synchronization.

"This catalog has not been exploited to its full potential," said one person.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i9e7f602573f2a544563a855be4d10444

Post # 1,000 :wild:

Aw, that would probably bless him very much to acquire. Especially with the songs from Sound of Music included. I hope it might work out for him. :)

eeeeeeveryone at my job was cdfu at this rumor. it's on perez, bossip, media takeout! lol made the rounds hella fast

Come on.. it could have been far worse like them reporting MJ secretly meeting with "Sam Anderson" who happens to be 12. So I don't think it's all that tabloid for Michael to be seeing Pammy plus Michael has been on this earth for a half a century so I doubt he would run up in o'll girl with out a rain coat ;-) if thats where thy are in their friendship and thats "if" they have a friend ship so who knows.lol

Hmm, his taste is questionable anyway. I mean, Debbie? Lisa? Bushy eyebrowed girl (hmm, forgot her name)
Are you talking about Brooke Shields? What's wrong with Lisa Marie? She looks ok.
1608656.jpg

X17 first reported this story on the 25th of August, unfortunately their videos and pictures were only of Pamela so everything else remains speculation.

i don't if anyone have this news or don't i just founf this one i think is really cool and nice too :yes: :)

Michael Jackson 'Moonwalk' in Chester causes a stir

Charlyne Manshanden aka ‘Thunder Charlyne’ from Marcher Sound is dressed as Michael Jackson as her colleague Jayme Edwards watches on.
TH1_23c1p02cPmichaelJackson.jpg

Published Date: 02 September 2008
By Claire Gallagher
MICHAEL Jackson moonwalking in Chester caused a stir for early morning drivers.
The king of pop celebrated his 50th birthday on Friday and radio station Marcher Sound ran a competition which involved Charlyne Manshanden aka 'Thunder Charlyne', strutting down the street in leather trousers.

Along with colleague Jayme Edwards, who was holding balloons and a sign saying "Happy Birthday Michael," the mission was to dance from The Frog pub on Liverpool Road to the Fountains roundabout in 30 minutes.

Jayme added: "It's a listener competition to see if we can get there in time.

"A lot of people kept beeping and looking at us."

The full article contains 112 words and appears in Evening Leader Chester newspaper.

Folks!

I have removed those posts made by people making rude remarks about Hepatitis C

Uncalled for nastiness is not necessary. It's a serious condition that some folks have to live with.
Know your facts before behaving like a prat.

Responding posts were also removed

Thankyou and do play on :flowers:

Pam is a strict vegetarian and has protested against KFC so I wonder can she and Michael work through that since we all know he loves his KFC provided this rumor pans out...........

(singing) "Pammy and Michael sitting in a tree...."

"K- I -S- S- I- N- G.....!:D:wub: (singing)

I can't even find anything bad to say about this rumour, as I would rather a rumour of this sort than the ones that paint him as creepy for hanging around underaged boys.

Pam is a strict vegetarian and has protested against KFC so I wonder can she and Michael work through that since we all know he loves his KFC provided this rumor pans out...........

ROTFLMAO hahhahhaa lolololoolo!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

there WILL be some fightin' goin' on! DON'T TOUCH THE KFC!!:no: loloLOL

and thats why we know this is just a made up rumour 'cause we all know how Mike loves his KFC and Pam ain't having no slaughter of those precious chickies!:D

and thats why we know this is just a made up rumour 'cause we all know how Mike loves his KFC and Pam ain't having no slaughter of those precious chickies!:D

or it could be like couples who date but have different religions, maybe Pam has been sucked in by the force that even though she hates meat eaters she can't resist this one :lol: :rollin:

Michael Jackson hangs out with Anderson?

Michael Jackson has reportedly enjoyed private meetings with Pamela Anderson.

Jackson agreed to meet the former Playboy model for a string of dates in Malibu, reports The Mirror.

"It was all arranged by their people in total secrecy, very cloak and dagger," said a source.

"They arrived separately at the Shutters Hotel on Malibu Beach so no-one would suspect anything, and then had a few drinks in the bar."

The insider continued: "They were very chatty. Pamela was being her usual flirty self and Michael seemed to be responding. They are such a strange couple but they seemed to really hit it off.

"They chatted about Michael turning 50, his new album, their kids. And he seemed genuinely interested in Pamela."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a128663/michael-jackson-hangs-out-with-anderson.html

I just hope this results in some damn good "Love Songs" on Michael's new album.
I am, of course, green with jealousy. :cheeky:

Michael Jackson hangs out with Anderson?

Michael Jackson has reportedly enjoyed private meetings with Pamela Anderson.

Jackson agreed to meet the former Playboy model for a string of dates in Malibu, reports The Mirror.

"It was all arranged by their people in total secrecy, very cloak and dagger," said a source.

"They arrived separately at the Shutters Hotel on Malibu Beach so no-one would suspect anything, and then had a few drinks in the bar."

The insider continued: "They were very chatty. Pamela was being her usual flirty self and Michael seemed to be responding. They are such a strange couple but they seemed to really hit it off.

"They chatted about Michael turning 50, his new album, their kids. And he seemed genuinely interested in Pamela."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a128663/michael-jackson-hangs-out-with-anderson.html

What I dont understand is if they know this, how come no pics?

U know even though i'm not a big fan of pamela anderson, I SAY GOOD ON THEM! :)
If they truly enjoyed each other company..why not be happy 4 them?

As long as they treat each otherw ith respect thats all that matters!

This is all made up, I bet Michael and Pam are reading this and laughing. Michael Jackson and Pamela Anderson will never "hook up" , a friendship....possible. I however doubt that these meetings ever took place for a few reasons the main one being that it was reported by a MAJOR tabloid. Other reasons being there was no pictures, no named sources, no trustworthy media picking the story up. Plus...if this happened in the US then why would British tabloids report on it first and not US media? Its a farce and never happened, you will all see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back