Rumor: Footage of Michael singing 'Keep Your Head Up'. Proof at last?

Fiona

Guests
A person I know who has been a Michael fan for years has posted on prince.org stating that there is footage of Michael actually singing Keep Your Head Up.

There is evidence of MJ singing "Keep Your Head Up" in the Cascio's basement LIVE, but there saving it for the video.
The footage shows MJ pausing and stopping and doing multiple takes. There were points where his falsetto was off and he wanted to do it over again. There joking about how it sounds great and MJ is like...We can do better than this.

Judging by the footage, its MJ on about 80% and the rest James Porte filling it out.

Maybe this is the proof we've all waited for. I always thought it sounded like Michael's vocal on that track.
Here is a link to the discussion on prince.org:
http://prince.org/msg/8/347924?&pg=35

Re: Footage of Michael singing 'Keep Your Head Up'. Proof at last?

who is this guy?

reliable?

Uhh...well that would be nice, but I'm not sure if someone being an MJ fan for years is a reliable source for something huge like this. Anyone could say this..

That would be great. Studio footage would be awesome for music video. And of course it is Michael on all Cascio tracks..

He's posted on the board for years and doesn't strike me as a bullshitter.

But this is the internet... who knows??? Lets keep an open mind.

Still...I think this thread should be locked, until we get some sort of confirmation from a very reliable source..Seriously, anyone can just say something like this..doesn't mean its true..Especially if its just someone who is a fan with no link to anyone?

Can't wait until the people who think the Cascio songs are fake get proved wrong with this one!

I don't see why it should be locked. The post clearly states who this info comes from... might be true, might not be. Where's the harm in discussing it?

hmmmm.....could be true, but 'saving it for the video'? so, they're saying it could be released as a single then? I didn't even think KYHU was in the running for a single...:unsure:

I think that's the only way to prove everyone wrong is to have video footage of the man himself recording the songs.

Of course then they'll say it was a look a-like and not the real MJ. lol

Had there been such footage it would have played for Oprah (standard). But on the other hand, all is possible. So I say, BRING IT ON CASCIO!

I don't see why it should be locked. The post clearly states who this info comes from... might be true, might not be. Where's the harm in discussing it?

Geez, some people.

Posting something like this with no actual source, uh yeah, way to mislead people.

Geez, some people.

Until actual footage is released, this should be considered nothing more than gossip.

Can't wait until the people who think the Cascio songs are fake get proved wrong with this one!

Thats quite an immature attitude dont you think? What are you going to say if a video becomes available? 'I told you so!' ?? :doh:

Personally if this video exists and i'm satisfied that what I see is Michael singing it and the vocals are the same as those on the track. Then I will admit I was wrong.

But really, its very likely a video exists of him singing it. I dont doubt that he wrote the song and was involved in making it. I just dont think the vocals are his, its very likely he did sing it at some point...but that doesnt mean that the vocals on the song are his.

But personally, I dont see them releasing Keep Your Head Up as a single for them to make a music video for it...

Posting something like this with no actual source, uh yeah, way to mislead people.

Geez, some people.

I haven't misled anyone. I didn't mean to mislead anyone.
I just thought it was interesting and maybe worthwhile to discuss.
I have hope, like many fans, that we'll see some sort of proof, so we can relax and enjoy ALL the tracks on the album.

Maybe this is really nothing to get excited about - or even to trust - but I suppose I started this thread because I feel frustrated about the whole issue. There are fans who are either being misled with fake tracks OR fans who are missing a chance of enjoying genuine music... I want resolution like the rest of you. I hope one day, one way or the other, we'll know for sure.
I might be naive in my hope, but hope never killed anybody!

It would be great but I doubt it.

I really hope this is true.

The video?

I hope it doesn't get released as a single...

Why wouldn't they have aired a short clip when they were on Oprah? They had a major chance to play a short clip, which would have been interesting, would have proved a lot of doubters wrong, and put the focus on the music in time for the release.

So I will believe this when I see it.

I haven't misled anyone. I didn't mean to mislead anyone.
I just thought it was interesting and maybe worthwhile to discuss.
I have hope, like many fans, that we'll see some sort of proof, so we can relax and enjoy ALL the tracks on the album.

Maybe this is really nothing to get excited about - or even to trust - but I suppose I started this thread because I feel frustrated about the whole issue. There are fans who are either being misled with fake tracks OR fans who are missing a chance of enjoying genuine music... I want resolution like the rest of you. I hope one day, one way or the other, we'll know for sure.
I might be naive in my hope, but hope never killed anybody!

Hey don't me wrong, were all frustrated by this issue and we would all love to see some sort of video footage of Michael singing any of the Cascio songs..but it's just a rumor made by one person who doesn't have any link to someone credible am I right?..Besides, for it to even be a music video its gonna be made as Single..Over HT,BTM,AD,Monster? I dunno...They would have aired a little bit of footage on Oprah if this is true, part of the point of the episode was to confirm it was him, video footage is one of the ultimate confirmations of course.

But hey, if there is ANY footage of him singing bring it on of course, but the fact that no video has come out to ease everyone about this "controversy" leads me to believe they probably don't have any.

Please do not let this thread turn in to a free-for-all. Even if (and that's a big "if") such footage exists, that doesn't mean people can then turn on people who did not think it was him. "I told you so" is so not needed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Why wouldn't they have aired a short clip when they were on Oprah? They had a major chance to play a short clip, which would have been interesting, would have proved a lot of doubters wrong, and put the focus on the music in time for the release.

Well maybe its part of Sony promotion to release it in the video only.

The title is indeed quite misleading. Anyone can write this..so I highly doubt its true.

it will be great to see KYHU as a video, including this footage, looking forward to it - here is the original quote from the other board:

by BabyBeMine

Im laughing right now....You know why?

There is evidence of MJ singing "Keep Your Head Up" in the Cascio's basement LIVE

But there saving in for the video. All the fake crap will be put to rest

To be honest im not even arguing. I know im right and it will be proven

The footage shows MJ pausing and stopping and doing multiple takes. There were points where his falsetto was off and he wanted to do it over again. There joking about how it sounds great and MJ is like...We can do better than this

Im giving out to much info and will stop....RIGHT HERE

Well maybe its part of Sony promotion to release it in the video only.

Part of the Oprah episode was to stop the "Controversy" about the vocals..They couldn't have shown 5 seconds of footage? Instead they showed some pictures of the studio (without Michael) and had Eddie/Teddy going "It's him...believe us". It would be fantastic if a video did exist, then it would lay a lot of this to rest IMO.

Highly doubt anything exists, that person who posts on the Prince forum is NOT a reliable source. Judging from some of his other posts, I honestly question if he's just a major troll.

That's right. They couldn't even provide a photo of him being at the studio. Suspect why?

How much do you wanna bet that if a video is released it will feature totally different vocals than the ones we hear on the album. Then all of us who dont believe it is him will end up not changing our minds because the vocals we hear coming from Michael's mouth on the video are not the same as those we hear on the actual song.

Then all the believers will proceed to call us stubborn and brainwashed.

As I said, im not disputing that MJ wrote these songs and was part of the creative process. So its very likely he did sing this song at some point.

I think that's the only way to prove everyone wrong is to have video footage of the man himself recording the songs.

Of course then they'll say it was a look a-like and not the real MJ. lol

Lol, no doubt about that!

you make my dayyyyy lmaoooooooo

Back