R.Kelly will finish Michael's new album

it's too soon for someone to 'take' Michaels art and mix it with their vision....

The labels are going to do that anyway, it happened with John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Eazy E, Aaliyah, & others.

yes,I know...It was just a thought that came to mind when I read this thread. I know it will be done. My wish it that it will be done(his unheard music,if released) in the best way they can do it as Michael wanted it to be presented.

I hope this isn't true...
Singing Michael's songs, no. Producing, I wouldn't mind that.

How much did Michael finish on the album, if anybody happens to know?

heck no! NO ONE sings FOR Michael Jackson's own album!!

It will never be a Michael Jackson album if it's not Michael Jackson himself singing. It will just make everything worse because the melody will be sounding out of this world and everyone will be sighing and wishing Michael were still alive singing it.

So where exactly does he say he will be singing the songs? :smilerolleyes:

Supposedly he reached out to several people to help with the album. Dr. Freeze (Break of Dawn); Akon, Teddy Riley, Will.I.Am... now R. Kelly...

I would not put all my eggs in the R. Kelly basket.

I so would prefer an unfinished album then anyone elses influence definitely, even if a song stops halfway through i would much much prefer it.

I honestly think Kelly is telling the truth, I really can imagine Michael admiring Kelly also. I mean, Michael even let Kelly sing harmonies and ad libs on his songs.

And I mean, Michael absolutely loved Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal.

This seems wrong to me. I mean, it's not "Michael's Masterpiece" if Michael isn't singing it. I don't have anything against R. Kelly, but this is just weird. I don't want it if it's not actually Michael. Sheesh.

I don't thing we are getting the right meaning about this from R Kelly...he maybe just talking about get those songs he wrote on the news MJ album....

Sony and Michael's estate have control on this...no RKelly....

anyways...if there was a producer that could finish a MJ album and do it justice it would be Quincy......it would be befitting...

I don't thing we are getting the right meaning about this from R Kelly...he maybe just talking about get those songs he wrote on the news MJ album....

Sony and Michael's estate have control on this...no RKelly....

anyways...if there was a producer that could finish a MJ album and do it justice it would be Quincy......it would be befitting...

Quincy and Michael, Part 3.....that would be outstanding!!!! Good suggestion.

I know that R Kelly just released a new single and is promoting the release of his newest album, so I do think he is piggybacking PR on Michael.

I do believe that R Kelly and Michael were friends and not just colleagues. R Kelly has said many positive things about Michael since his passing. Sang for him at his concerts in Africa, etc.

But I also don't like the idea of R Kelly trying to imitate Michael on Michael's songs if that's his intentions. IDK if it means he's gonna sing songs that him and Michael worked on together or if he has some of Michael's vocals and try to put things together. IDK.

Akon also said that he and Michael came up with a plethora of ideas for music that never got to final production stages. But Akon also said that he has enough ideas for hit songs that he and Michael came up with during the sessions that he is probably going to use some of those ideas on his own music in the future. As long as Michael is given credit, I'm going to take that as positive because Akon would show Michael's influence on him and on music. . . therefore the legacy continues.

He's not "piggybacking" MJ for his own benefit!! He was most likely asked if he had done anything with MJ before he passed and he just answered. After MJ died a news station asked R.Kelly to express his thoughts on MJ's passing and all he said was that MJ was a wonderful person that wanted the world to change and that he will miss very much and he hung up after the news anchor asked how MJ was as a person. R. Kelly always respected MJ's privacy!

I hope to hell that whomever gets to put together Michael's next album, it's either Bruce Sweden, Teddy Riley, or both of them.

Sorry but no freaking way for R Kelly.

Anyways, I don't get why everybody's freaking out! R.Kelly never said that he was going to sing the songs he did with MJ. I think he means that he may release songs they worked on together (a la outakes, demo, etc.) Just imagine the things they did together around the time You Are Not Alone was released!! Ahhh

Last edited:
I hope to hell that whomever gets to put together Michael's next album, it's either Bruce Sweden, Teddy Riley, or both of them.

Sorry but no freaking way for R Kelly.

Teddy Riley over R.Kelly? LMFAOOOOO!! I'm sorry but Teddy Riley is so dated! R. is a musical genius!

And Brucie Swedien is a mixer, not a producer.

The last thing i wanna see is some current singer coming in and putting their own modern twist to Michael's songs and f-ing them up. If i have to trust anyone with Michael's music it would be Bruce Swedien

I like R. Kelly's music. But still, I agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nKFVlyFxI

Kells has nothing but respect for MJ

;( He always has.

I think we should give R.Kelly all the respect he deserves. He wrote the wonderful song You Are Not Alone and gave it to MJ. He knew what MJ was going through at the time and really made a song from the heart that just about everyone can relate to. I think R.Kelly is absolutely amazing! He also wrote two great songs for Whitney Houston,Salute and I Look to You. He writes as if it's coming from the artist recording it!

Well, he'd have to get permission somehow to publish or rework Mike's music anyway. Besides, there must be some songs which Mike recorded, whenever he did demos he kept all the copies so...even if R Kelly does finish his work, I'd hope that he'd include the tracks which Mike sang on.

;( He always has.

I think we should give R.Kelly all the respect he deserves. He wrote the wonderful song You Are Not Alone and gave it to MJ. He knew what MJ was going through at the time and really made a song from the heart that just about everyone can relate to. I think R.Kelly is absolutely amazing! He also wrote two great songs for Whitney Houston,Salute and I Look to You. He writes as if it's coming from the artist recording it!

I totally agree. We both know we have good taste in music (why else would we be here?)....lol.

Well, he'd have to get permission somehow to publish or rework Mike's music anyway. Besides, there must be some songs which Mike recorded, whenever he did demos he kept all the copies so...even if R Kelly does finish his work, I'd hope that he'd include the tracks which Mike sang on.

R. Kelly is talking about songs he did himself. Like You Are Not Alone (which he owns publishing rights to). Besides he has his own publishing company.

I totally agree. We both know we have good taste in music (why else would we be here?)....lol.

*high five* :D

Anyways, I don't get why everybody's freaking out! R.Kelly never said that he was going to sing the songs he did with MJ. I think he means that he may release songs they worked on together (a la outakes, demo, etc.) Just imagine the things they did together around the time You Are Not Alone was released!! Ahhh

Back