R.Kelly will finish Michael's new album

I don't want an album with R Kelly singing, that would be garbage. But if R Kelly was to help make the new MJ album by producing the songs then that wouldn't be a bad thing. This hasn't been confirmed though guys so don't worry, as far as I'm concerned it's just rumors. Although the idea of hearing new MJ material is really amazing, at this point I don't care who produces it. R Kelly is atleast decent.

But not rip MJ off by singing them all and stealing the material to benefit his own style and voice

Why should he do such a thing?? Is it your imagination running wild or did Kelly himself say he will sing all the MJ songs himself?

And I always thought the tabloids were the only one spreading false rumors...

Last edited:
R.Kelly said nothing about singing all of MJ's songs. If this album is as close to being finished as everyone likes to claim then there won't be much if any of that going on. The vocals should be there.

I think you took that statement too literally. Hes a great producer and he has created with Mike before so I am all for him finishing the tracks for Michael....which is what I gathered from that statement.

He wants to finish the album for Michael and for us fans...but of course most won't bother to see that. All they see is "its not Michael" and how R.Kelly is "stealing" his work or w/e else is being said.

If there is one man I would want to finish the album its R.Kelly. Hes one of the best producers and songwriters out there. Period. Just because hes not Michael doesn't mean hes not good. He is far from "garbage" like so many like to say.

R.Kelly said nothing about singing all of MJ's songs. If this album is as close to being finished as everyone likes to claim then there won't be much if any of that going on. The vocals should be there.

I think you took that statement too literally. Hes a great producer and he has created with Mike before so I am all for him finishing the tracks for Michael....which is what I gathered from that statement.

He wants to finish the album for Michael and for us fans...but of course most won't bother to see that. All they see is "its not Michael" and how R.Kelly is "stealing" his work or w/e else is being said.

If there is one man I would want to finish the album its R.Kelly. Hes one of the best producers and songwriters out there. Period. Just because hes not Michael doesn't mean hes not good. He is far from "garbage" like so many like to say.

Bravo!!!!!!! 100% agree!!!!!!!!

R Kelly is good, but I will not buying an album where he is singing all of Mikes songs (if that is true).

If he just producing it that a totally different story. I hope that is the case.

I agree. I don't get why everyone is freaking out. As far as his music goes, I think R. Kelly is one of the best actually. He's a very good producer and songwriter. More importantly, he's worked with Michael in the past as we all know and has a lot of respect for MJ. I don't have any problem with this if true.

R Kelly is good, but I will not buying an album where he is singing all of Mikes songs (if that is true).

If he just producing it that a totally different story. I hope that is the case

I agree.

why do you hate R.Kelly? he wrote a couple of Michaels songs, and he seems to be very good at it. I don't get the problem here? To me this sounds like a wonderfull idea.

ditto. :) I guess people would rather have no new songs at all? :smilerolleyes: There are hundreds of unreleased songs just sitting around doing nothing, and people here are being so ungrateful that reportedly someone is actually trying to go about getting them released.

Why are you talking about him not being as "great" as Michael? Thats not the point in this initiative.
Please people - try to see the positive sides of this world too. Like Michael did. Be objective!

My thoughts exactly. I've said it before but it seems like every thread on MJJC which mentions someone in the music business - Madonna, Britney, R. Kelly, Elvis, The Beatles, whoever - turns into a 'they suck compared to Michael' thread. Who cares what you think of the artists? :smilerolleyes: I hate how all these posts turn into a bashing fest on here. It's pathetic! People can like more singers than just Michael Jackson.
And personally I see nothing wrong with an MJ/R. Kelly collab. They are both talented in their own rights. Michael obviously liked R. Kelly and his work, so what's the problem here? MJ had love for everyone, and didn't judge something without knowing anything about it, which is what most in this thread are doing. I wish people on MJJC would actually try to be a little more like Michael at times. More and more everyday it seems like this place is more one of hate and obsession rather than love and appreciation.

If R. Kelly is trying to get some tracks released, then I say thanks to him.

If somebody should sing is one of the Jacksons (Jermaine or Jackie, they have beautiful voices)

I am a big R.Kelly fan, but please please tell me it ain't true. It would be awful, we want an MJ album with his voice and not his.

R kelly should be in Jail anyway.

wow. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Many would say the same thing about Michael. You shouldn't talk about something you know nothing about. This was a disgusting thing of you to say.

I seriously doubt R. Kelly meant that he will cover Michael's songs. I think he is trying to say that he is going to produce the rest of the album which is incredible news to me. R. Kelly is one of the few real musicians and singers out there. Sure, he puts out commercial crap sometimes but you won't find a more talented producer/singer now-a-days.

One more chance at love???? did we forget about that song? Pure Genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hcf5KThHIs

Arty, I actually agreed with you for once, lol

I really hope they have Michael's vocals on! That would be a dream. :wub: I like R Kelly, I think he makes some good tunes! I actually don't think it's that bad an idea, but I would be a little bit weary if it was his vocals and not Michael's. It's not too clear from the article. The whole thing could be false but I hope we hear something soon.

I hope its a selection of MJs recent work and not stuff thats been fiddled about with by other producers

Wow, amazing how so much can read and analyzed from not even one paragraph of words lol. I think this story is a little misleading (if not false altogether). Kelly might be trying to say that he'll eventually release songs that he wrote & produced with Michael in mind. He has said that he's written albums-worth of material for Michael, and that was several years back. He's talking about his scratch (or demo) vocals when he said "singing like him", because Michael got a kick out of hearing R. Kelly imitate all of his riffs & runs on his demos. It's likely that Kelly has a lot more Isley Brothers, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, and Marvin Gaye-inspired material tucked away as well. The only people saying anything about releasing a "Michael Jackson album" are the writers of these article-snippets. Who knows where these songs may ultimately end up. No MJ (vocals) = No MJ album

Last edited:
"The pair never arranged any studio time, but Kelly is convinced Jackson would have chosen him to complete his final masterpiece."

How does 'Kells' know what Michael's "final masterpiece" will be?

I think R. Kelly can do a good job with MJs album. R. Kelly has made some great songs in the past besides his sex and hip hop songs. He has also written songs for MJJ in the past. I think him and Teddy Riley and Quincy Jones could make a great MJ album. Besides, R.Kelly has a lot of hit albums.

Oh shit before I forget this totally... I talked with songwriter Sean Garrett on Ustream yesterday and apparently he was working with Michael on his new album, he didn't mention that they have recorded something, but that they met several times.

I don't think we even realize how many people were working with Michael on his latest albums, seems to me like Michael was reaching out to EVERYONE that has been hot the last couple of years to see if they can give him some heat, just like Michael reached to Teddy Riley in the 90's (and later on) and got out the best of Teddy.

I think that R. Kelly might feel more "special" than he is to Michael because of the fact that they have worked before. With this said, Kelly has given Michael some really, really good songs, no doubt!

If we look back at Michael's career there's really just one person that Michael has kept beside him through the years, and that's Bruce Swedien.

EDIT: With this said, Michael still kept R. Kelly & Teddy Riley by his side since their first collaborations. Just that Michael's relationship with Bruce was much longer because of obvious facts.

I like R. Kelly I do think he will do awesome job Michael's album.

The last thing i wanna see is some current singer coming in and putting their own modern twist to Michael's songs and f-ing them up. If i have to trust anyone with Michael's music it would be Bruce Swedien

Agreed !!!

I don't want any of today's current artists screwing up Michael's music, even if the did collaborate on some unfinished songs.

heck no! NO ONE sings FOR Michael Jackson's own album!!

It will never be a Michael Jackson album if it's not Michael Jackson himself singing. It will just make everything worse because the melody will be sounding out of this world and everyone will be sighing and wishing Michael were still alive singing it.

I'd pick Stevie Wonder or Jay Kay (even El DeBarge, if he's out of jail) to do it instead of R. Kelly & Akon

Back