R.Kelly will finish Michael's new album

"I recorded five joints for Michael Jackson (in the past). And we had been talking on the phone about his new album, and I was going to finish what Michael was doing at the time. We're going to get it out though. Michael liked the way I would try to sing the songs just like him."

So it would be a R. Kelly album.. with R. Kelly's voice?
WT....
If so, it's not a Michael album...

Oh no!!! Please god, this can't be true! The album is going to be crap if it will have anything to do with this asshole!

"Michael liked the way I would try to sing the songs just like him."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I think R Kelly means he would be like the executive producer, but I wouldn't even like that. It maight be ok if he was in charge of 1 or 2 songs, but not the whole thing. Either Will I AM.....me personally, I would like either him or Timbaland, but I don't know if MJ ever worked with Timba in the past or what he thought of Timba's work.

"The pair never arranged any studio time, but Kelly is convinced Jackson would have chosen him to complete his final masterpiece."

"...and I was going to finish what Michael was doing at the time. We're going to get it out though. Michael liked the way I would try to sing the songs just like him."

Meh...sounds more like he wants to do it rather than he's going to do it for sure. We'll see...and who is the "we" he's refering to?

"Michael liked the way I would try to sing the songs just like him."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Um, he liked the way you "tried to sing like him". But, you CAN'T SING LIKE HIM, so please don't!!! Ughhhhhhhh!

The last thing i wanna see is some current singer coming in and putting their own modern twist to Michael's songs and f-ing them up. If i have to trust anyone with Michael's music it would be Bruce Swedien

"The pair never arranged any studio time, but Kelly is convinced Jackson would have chosen him to complete his final masterpiece."
non story alert

I think R Kelly means he would be like the executive producer

If i have to trust anyone with Michael's music it would be Bruce Swedien

Very valid points!

thumbsup.gif

I would like either him or Timbaland, but I don't know if MJ ever worked with Timba in the past or what he thought of Timba's work.

Timbaland was rude about MJ if I recall correctly. I remember seeing this thread when I used to be a lurker...

He said: "I want to help Michael Jackson, As long as it does not turn of video clip, I can start again it...."

i think if he produced it it would be fine but if he finishes Michael's songs and labels it a Michael album then i wont be buying it.
I want Michael's Voice or nothing at all.

i think if he produced it it would be fine but if he finishes Michael's songs and labels it a Michael album then i wont be buying it.
I want Michael's Voice or nothing at all.

yup
was michael anywhere near done with an album, which songs he would have picked for it out of how many he may have wrote. would it really be a michael album now?

i have a feeling its going to be like tupac where ''michael albums'' will be released constantly now. its not the same anymore if a new album comes out, it wont be exactly how michael would have put it out. other people are deciding things. i kinda look at it as random unrealised songs put out. not an offical album.

I like the work of R. Kelly and Michael. OK YANA seems to be a poor copy from the Belgian song, however I believe Cry to be one of the best songs on Invincible! Please NO Timbaland!!!!! The beats are SO predictable :(

Message to R-Kelly, aka Blasphemer:

1) If you co-wrote songs with Michael, you'll need permission from his estate to record/release the songs. You are a good songwriter and producer - but have yet to be considered a GREAT like Michael.

2) And if Michael actually had a grave instead of being stored in Forest Lawn's freezer, he'd be rolling in it right now. You are not, nor never will even compare to Michael's ability to set a microphone on fire with the most minimal of effects. Even with just a hiccuped exhale, Michael WORKED his craft to perfection.

3) And the ONLY way I'd take you seriously if you donated proceeds of this so-called Michael album is if you donate proceeds to some of Michael's favorite charities.

why do you hate R.Kelly? he wrote a couple of Michaels songs, and he seems to be very good at it. I don't get the problem here? To me this sounds like a wonderfull idea.

Why are you talking about him not being as "great" as Michael? Thats not the point in this initiative.
Please people - try to see the positive sides of this world too. Like Michael did. Be objective!

Back