Old Schooler's / we wait 'till physical has arrived - Thread

Petrarose, that flower arrangement is beautiful. :heart:

Last edited:
Awwww, Petra, that was so sweet of you!! :):clap::clap::clap:

Can't wait for the delivery tomorrow going to listen no breaks from being to end

I haven't posted here since the 2nd page but I've still only heard LNFSG. It's been so hard but I have't given in yet. Just a little over 24 hours to go!!

Amazon whispered in my email that Xscape was being shipped today. :jump: I shouted, "YES, YES, YES, YES!"

:innocent:

Amazon whispered in my email that Xscape was being shipped today. :jump: I shouted, "YES, YES, YES, YES!"

Me too! :dancin: Should be getting it the day of release! Although I have to work during the day before I can get it... -_-

As I ordered from amazon on day of release I get a download of the mp3 album its just finished downloading to my phone does that count as it is day of release ? I am getting the physical copy today as well !!!

Thats it on xscape now first 8 songs well going to use some words I don't like to use as I am now 40 years old .... epic ... awesome there you go !!! Good luck everyone hold on its worth it.

Funny. I did that and you are welcome.

It's really appreciated Petra :D

oct_hugs.gif

This is going to be so exciting ^^ Just a little longer all! :blush:

Last edited:
Me neither. That picture of Michael in the red shirt is so beautiful. Ahhhhhh!!

Amazon have not even sent me an alert that my albums have been shipped. Well I will just go to Best Buy on Tuesday anyway.

That's my favorite one of him ^_^ he's beaaauuutiful! And you're going to Best Buy? I have to check my email to see if WalMart shipped the CD off yet. I'm anxious, but I can hang in there for another day!

Mine arrived today
Not going to open until Tues though

Thank you Michael! the Estate and to Epic. :huggy:

I haven't posted here since the 2nd page but I've still only heard LNFSG. It's been so hard but I have't given in yet. Just a little over 24 hours to go!!

Hold on in there! It's soooo worth it!! :bow:

Me too, but why mail it the day before the big day? I guess I could download the itunes album on the 13th, but something about me wants to hear the album for the first time from a physical cd.

xosweet there are no Walmarts close to me. I am wondering if the Walmart copy will have something different as a little treat? If it does, I will have to order one online.

I watched "The Collaborators Pt. 5" where Corey Rooney plays and sings "Chicago" Does that mean I'm out? I didn't know he was gonna do it..

Me too, but why mail it the day before the big day? I guess I could download the itunes album on the 13th, but something about me wants to hear the album for the first time from a physical cd.

xosweet there are no Walmarts close to me. I am wondering if the Walmart copy will have something different as a little treat? If it does, I will have to order one online.

Oooh, I wonder if it does now too :jump: the nearest walmart I have are in Victorville and Apple Valley. All I know is that my album is getting shipped out tomorrow ^_^ even though it'll be late, I'm excited anyway!

It's after MIDNIGHT, WOOOOO HOOOOOOO, waiting for my digital download from Amazon, baby!!! *doing the Carlton Banks dance right now* :D :D :D

I stayed up for this, screw getting enough sleep for work, LOL!

Mine is on the way too. Received an email that it shipped. Something about having the CD in my hands and listening while looking at the CD is always very exciting. I love to see who is involved in the production and also look at the pictures if they include any. Can't say that about iTunes; although I wouldn't be picky if that is the only way it was available. :angel:

My first listen was last night and ultimately I was disappointed.

I felt this was too aggressive a modernising of Michael. It was relentless. Too much going on for me. Perhaps it didn't help that I heard all these songs for the first time one after the other. I reckon these tracks could work in isolation but as one flowing album, no. I like my peaks and valleys, I like to go on a journey, and I feel like this operates much on the same plane. It's in your face the whole time, you never get a chance to...bathe in the moonlight, or simmer ;)

I know this wasn't supposed to be the album Michael would make, but you can't help ask yourself if he would. It didn't FEEL like Michael really. And 'Michael' did in places, for me.

That said, when you read the mission statement in the album booklet, it seems as though LA and co. achieved what they set out to do. These songs do feel as if they could exist somewhere in parallel with current music.

The exuberance in Michael's voice on Loving You had me smiling from ear to ear and laughing, definite highlight for me.

I'll give Xscape more listens of course and I may completely revise my opinion, I'm sure it doesn't help that for some of these tracks I am familiar with Michael's demos - in some cases for years.

I think in the end, with the material from Michael, the Xscape original demos, and the contemporized versions I will be able to come up with an album I am quite happy with.

I literally had tears in my eyes the first go round! I love every track new and original. It's like I have two albums at the same time!

Back