Old Schooler's / we wait 'till physical has arrived - Thread

This is happening already! I'm about to break. Please, don't push that button!

I still didn't listen to any of the tracks except for LNFSG! I refuse to cave in!

I'm so Old School, dinosaurs roamed the earth when I was knee high to a grasshopper, LMFAO! I jumped on the pre-order (Amazon) and haven't heard anything outside of that Sony phone commercial featuring a snippet of "Slave to the Rhythm". Does that count? I did post the LNFSG YT clip to my Facebook page, though.

Damn, I think I failed already. . . *facepalm*

Last edited:
This thread is a great idea and I'm in! My main reason for wanting to wait -- aside from enjoying the experience of listening to a brand new album in full without having heard any previews, etc. -- is that I really want to listen to the original recordings before hearing the contemporized versions.

Although I have heard the leaked demos of the 6 known songs before, I made a conscious decision shortly after the album announcement to stop listening to them until I get my hands on the Deluxe version of the full album. *Then* I will listen to the original recordings (probably a few times) before checking out the contemporized versions. It's very important to me that my brain considers the original recordings, well, the *original* versions of these songs... And this is the best way I could think of achieving that.

I have heard both LNFSG versions and justify listening to them by the fact that they were not previews but an actual single release which, even in the good old days, was the natural order of things prior to an album release -- I heard Scream and Childhood before HIStory's release, heard Blood On The Dance Floor before that album's release, heard You Rock My world before the rest of Invincible, etc. *insert smart-ass smiley* ;)

i've bought the LNFSG singles, and listened to them :) But the other songs, no way! I so looking forward to the first listen when i get the actual cd in my hands. NO way am i gonna spoil that moment :)

I'm in.
Best way to experience new music is to sit down in front of a pretty descent hi-fi system and take your time to enjoy the entire album with the pysical Cd in your hands. With those snippets and tracks that are streamed most of the time you're with your phone or behind your computer, etc.. Old Skool is the best way!

Can't wait untill friday evening though!
Hang in there people!

Guys,

Well im proud of myself, still not gave in yet , i want that WOW factor when i get my purchase.

Can not wait though!

Terry

I said to myself that after LNFSG, no more listening new tracks before I get my CD, but I just keep falling of the wagon every day:blush:
Shame on me, no will power, no spine:eek:hno:

Damn that Sony music unlimited :no:

Its like opening xmas gifts too early:unsure:

You guys who can resist, hanging there.

I'm not listening to the Sony previews. No way.

I've already heard the leaked tracks over the last 10 years, there's only 8 songs, I'm not wasting it by listening to these as well.

I'll wait for Monday. It's an absolute no-brainer for me.

I'm definitely an old schooler on wanting my physical CDs over digital copies but way too impatient to wait until May 13, i just have refuse to download the tracks. I couldn't resist listening Chicago which has amazing vocals (I didn't like the music, a matter of taste I guess) and Lovin' You which is absolutely gorgeous, a better love song than LNFSG without a doubt. :girl_love: I felt this way when I listened to it!

Jonah-hill-flailing1_(1)_111.gif

I only have listened to the solo version of LNFSG and will keep on avoiding everything else, especially the two previously unleaked songs. It's nice reading all those reactions. People were like "omg, this song is soooo awesome" when Chicago was posted. 24 hours later, everybody went "wtf, Loving You is even better!". Those songs must be really good :D

So yeah, I'm pumped for the album and can't wait for Friday! By the way, I haven't listened to DIG and POTW yet. Two more songs to look forward to :D It's gonna be an epic michaelish evening.

I only have listened to the solo version of LNFSG and will keep on avoiding everything else, especially the two previously unleaked songs. It's nice reading all those reactions. People were like "omg, this song is soooo awesome" when Chicago was posted. 24 hours later, everybody went "wtf, Loving You is even better!". Those songs must be really good :D

So yeah, I'm pumped for the album and can't wait for Friday! By the way, I haven't listened to DIG and POTW yet. Two more songs to look forward to :D It's gonna be an epic michaelish evening.

I personally like Chicago better than loving you, but I think that's because the lyrics on Chicago speak to me on more of a personal level than do the lyrics of Loving You. Both are beautiful songs though and just prove (not that we needed it or anything) what a true poet and storyteller Michael really was :)

I'm quite proud of myself, so far I've only heard LNFSG both versions and Chicago.

Resisted the urge to listen to Loving You. Want at least one entirely new song on the release day.

Hey fellow Old Schoolers!

Still going strong? I am.
No Leaks, no Chicago, no Loving You 4 me!

Can't wait till friday! In fact i hope to get my hands on that Xscape-Dream-Album on Thursday. Maybe one of my "inside" sources can provide me one day early...

I'm proud of you all & enjoy your updates & endurance/perseverance whatever you may call it... :D

I did it the same since always. Bad 25, MICHAEL album, Invincible too...
And in times of HIStory & Dangerous there was no other option as to wait for the album... Good'ol times ;)

My LNFSG count is going up & up & up though ... :D

How do you plan to listen to #MJXscape?
I'm going for Track 1 through 19. Like "the powers" intended it for us...

^ Aside from my one lapse (listening to Chicago once), I'm holding strong.

When the CD arrives I'll be listening to tracks 1-19 in order, and doing that a few times before I start picking & choosing.

@ Tony R:
And you sure want to tell us again how wonderful CHICAGO is? ;)

Just read you've been to all the great tours! I salute You!

I was at all Munich concerts from '92 onwards: Dangerous premier, HIStory 1st & 2nd show, MJ & Friends...
I also had tickets for This Is It... How my world turned upside from march to june 2009 i'll never forget that :(

Hey fellow Old Schoolers!

Still going strong? I am.
No Leaks, no Chicago, no Loving You 4 me!

Can't wait till friday! In fact i hope to get my hands on that Xscape-Dream-Album on Thursday. Maybe one of my "inside" sources can provide me one day early...

I'm proud of you all & enjoy your updates & endurance/perseverance whatever you may call it... :D

I did it the same since always. Bad 25, MICHAEL album, Invincible too...
And in times of HIStory & Dangerous there was no other option as to wait for the album... Good'ol times ;)

My LNFSG count is going up & up & up though ... :D

How do you plan to listen to #MJXscape?
I'm going for Track 1 through 19. Like "the powers" intended it for us...

For me too, starting with Thriller and Bad (on vinyl) and buying everything else on release day. The excitement was like it is now with Xscape. :yes:

I will listen in order as well.

I have only heard LNFSG and that is it. I can wait till the album comes out. I find if I listen to a song for a few seconds I really can't tell if I like it or not. I am glad to see the excitement and happiness others are saying because it makes it more exciting for me to hear it the first time.

Well.. Thank You ALL for participating!

And for bringing even more excitement to me...

As it's been said above. My excitement level is up as it was with any MJ release in the past.
Still... missing MJ like always.. & forever will!
But i think by now we're allowed to enjoy this & also im sure MJ would want that we'll all join again, rejoice in happiness & excitement...
#MJXscape #TheBestYouveNeverHeard

PS.
I'm so glad there is no shadow cast over this release (like with the tracks who will not be named & the VHS moaning..)

I personally like Chicago better than loving you, but I think that's because the lyrics on Chicago speak to me on more of a personal level than do the lyrics of Loving You. Both are beautiful songs though and just prove (not that we needed it or anything) what a true poet and storyteller Michael really was :)

There's no doubt Chicago has very well written and believable lyrics but Michael is not the author, Corey Rooney is. He wrote and composed Lovin' You. He's such an extraordinary performer that makes you believe he wrote that song and the lyrics are real.

I gave up waiting long time ago... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, as of now I am officially guilty of listening to the snippets on the music unlimited service!!! OMG!!

Still going strong! I have only listened to LNFSG ;)

I can do this! :woohoo:

The only songs im not listening to is Loving You, STTR, BG, and Xscape.

I haven't listened to Loving You yet though

Staying strong. Only hear Love Never Felt So Good. We can do this. I don't care about new versions and want to hear Michael's original before the Timbaland garbage so it isn't ruined for me.

Back