Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

LOL tommorrow I'll remember people's names. I think it's the carbohydrate and turkey overload... my brain and body are still in shock from it all :p

Yeah, if you live with stresses, then getting away from them a few days is a GREAT way to rest and relax!

Lol carbs they will do that to ya! lol

As for turkey...well i dont really like turkey so i dont know what kind of shock they will do a person! :lol:

im always living with stress, it sucks

It's really amazing how overeating carbs can just slooooooow you doooooooown so much... :mello:

Turkey in large amounts makes me sleepy -_-

We are supposed to have the baked apple pie with ice cream yet tonight..... but WHERE am i gonna put that??? I'm already stuffed. :ph34r:

Aw that sucks :better: I'm really glad you got a break from it all!

Stress is a killer...its the worst feeling.

Well I am off. Hope you guys all have a nice week full of MJ thoughts tehehe
Dont have too much fun without me bahaha
Ill be back :p xoxox

Nay... it was here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2724714&l=af0d09e683&id=625934420

But now there's MUCH LESS lol. We've been slowly using it for our meals... it's going much faster than we thought it would :shifty:

It's SO friggin good! Better hurry up and get some before it's gone! :p

Oh My God!!! that turkey looks so juicy! I actually had to swallow just now hahaha

And corn on the cob! Oh Yum, I'm coming to yours next thanksgiving hehe :p

It's really amazing how overeating carbs can just slooooooow you doooooooown so much... :mello:

Turkey in large amounts makes me sleepy -_-

We are supposed to have the baked apple pie with ice cream yet tonight..... but WHERE am i gonna put that??? I'm already stuffed. :ph34r:

Aw that sucks :better: I'm really glad you got a break from it all!

The bad thing with carbs, its usually the food that taste good..so u cant help but have it! lol

Have u got a dog? Maybe u can give the baked apple with ice cream to the dog incase u dont want it :ph34r:

Oh My God!!! that turkey looks so juicy! I actually had to swallow just now hahaha

And corn on the cob! Oh Yum, I'm coming to yours next thanksgiving hehe :p

LMAO! :dancin: Oh yeah, it ended up perfect. I lightly buttered the outside so it came out that dark golden brown, sprinkled sage, garlic powder and onion powder on it as well. I stuffed it with chopped onion and layed it on a bed of chopped carrots and celery while it cooked and basted it every 25 mins or so to keep it moist.

Yep, can't have the Thanksgiving without corn on the cob! The cornbread muffins were a massive hit as well :p

Okay, I'll make you a spot... but you'll have to fly to Milwaukee LOL!!! :D

The bad thing with carbs, its usually the food that taste good..so u cant help but have it! lol

Have u got a dog? Maybe u can give the baked apple with ice cream to the dog incase u dont want it :ph34r:

EXACTLY! I know I shouldn't eat it... but you smell it and it tastes amazing and yeah... :ph34r:

Hahahahaha no we don't have a dog. I'm biding my time so I have room :rofl:

LMAO! :dancin: Oh yeah, it ended up perfect. I lightly buttered the outside so it came out that dark golden brown, sprinkled sage, garlic powder and onion powder on it as well. I stuffed it with chopped onion and layed it on a bed of chopped carrots and celery while it cooked and basted it every 25 mins or so to keep it moist.

Yep, can't have the Thanksgiving without corn on the cob! The cornbread muffins were a massive hit as well :p

Okay, I'll make you a spot... but you'll have to fly to Milwaukee LOL!!! :D

Oooh, I'd happily fly to Milwaukee hehe. I so want to go back to the states :p

Well, I want to go everywhere in the world!! haha

I'm so hungry now! I want turkey :(

EXACTLY! I know I shouldn't eat it... but you smell it and it tastes amazing and yeah... :ph34r:

never think you SHOULDN'T when it comes to dessert. The answer is always yes :lol:

yep ..especially pasta :ph34r:

Well heres hoping u will have room to! * fingers crossed*

Nay, just remember that it's generally like 2C on Thanksgiving in Milwaukee - during the day... :p

Aw, you should get a turkey, they are so easy to make :D

LOL!!! Yeah that's pretty much what ends up happening! :rotf:

2C!! Oh my!! I complain when it's like 15 here haha.

Well, I will just have to eat lots of Turkey to warm me up :p

2C!! Oh my!! I complain when it's like 15 here haha.

Well, I will just have to eat lots of Turkey to warm me up :p

Hahaha yeah when anyone says it's cold here I politely say... uh-huh :)

But inside I'm laughing.... :shifty:

Once you've had to walk to the grocery in -22C temps with 20mph winds... :mello:

OMG... I know... and I made pasta from scratch this year, the old fashion way with about a zillion cups of flour :ph34r:

LOL thank you... I'll need it :unsure:

Thats how my family always used 2 make it when i was younger! not sure if they still do now though

Hahaha yeah when anyone says it's cold here I politely say... uh-huh :)

But inside I'm laughing.... :shifty:

Once you've had to walk to the grocery in -22C temps with 20mph winds... :mello:

-22C :wtf2

you never said you lived in Antarctica!! haha

really!! oh my god...maybe I don't dream of a white Christmas after all :p

-22C :wtf2

you never said you lived in Antarctica!! haha

really!! oh my god...maybe I don't dream of a white Christmas after all :p

Ahahahahaha! Yeah well acording to the 2012 movie the south pole shifts to Wisconsin so .... :cold:

Yes, we really had days of -22C during the day. The wind chill factor was on top of that so it felt more like -32, -34.. something in that range.

Here was a pic I took on the way home from work after getting 18.5 inches of snow in one storm:
2353804125_29d7a4a1ee.jpg

and me.... FREEZING while trying to walk home when it was SO cold...my eyes were bloodshot for days after all the wind and ice bits getting in them.

3120999520_71ebd59500.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I think ya'll should come visit me in Milwaukee next year at winter :p We can all go sledding, snowmobiling, ice skating, make snow angels and snowmen and have snowball fights!! :rofl:

OMG I wanna come and have fun in the snow :woohoo: *hehe*

Okay re the book: I just got told in angus and robertson that dancing the dream hasn't been re-published over here.....:( does anyone know if that's true?

Ahahahahaha! Yeah well acording to the 2012 movie the south pole shifts to Wisconsin so .... :cold:

Yes, we really had days of -22C during the day. The wind chill factor was on top of that so it felt more like -32, -34.. something in that range.

Here was a pic I took on the way home from work after getting 18.5 inches of snow in one storm:
2353804125_29d7a4a1ee.jpg

and me.... FREEZING while trying to walk home when it was SO cold...my eyes were bloodshot for days after all the wind and ice bits getting in them.

3120999520_71ebd59500.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I think ya'll should come visit me in Milwaukee next year at winter :p We can all go sledding, snowmobiling, ice skating, make snow angels and snowmen and have snowball fights!! :rofl:

Oh my god!! haha, that pic of the car is classic :p

I so would come visit!! I love the idea of playing in snow hehe. But I just know I'll whinge because it will be so cold haha.

Haha yeah playing in snow is just :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yeah you'd all whine about it some... but when you run around a bit you are warm so you'd do okay... just gotta bundle up good! :cold:

Oh, I don't know... I hope it's republished here! Otherwise I'll have to find it online, as I want a new one to read on the plane when I go back. 24 hours trips leave a lot of time for reading :p

I have played in snow...but there wasn't much of it hehe

I made a snowman that was like....a third of my height haha

it was really cute though :p

Wow, I'm impressed. I haven't ran into many Aussies that have said they've seen it or touched it. :clapping: Haha Yeah I bet it was cute :D

Yeh, I did take a photo.....it's somewhere! Who knows haha

Yeh, I went to canada years ago, so that's where I first saw snow :)

I was about 12 at the time, and I always thought it would be nice and fluffy like on the movies...and was disappointed when it just looked like ice that comes out of the freezer when you defrost it haha

but still lovely and pretty and fun :)

Yeh, I did take a photo.....it's somewhere! Who knows haha

Yeh, I went to canada years ago, so that's where I first saw snow :)

I was about 12 at the time, and I always thought it would be nice and fluffy like on the movies...and was disappointed when it just looked like ice that comes out of the freezer when you defrost it haha

but still lovely and pretty and fun :)

Yeaaaaaaaaah you know if you find the pic you are SO gonna have to post it :p :dancin:
LOL! It sorta depends on the type of snow (yep there are types). You definately don't get the fluffy stuff all the time, especially if it's not a certain temp.
In Milwaukee, being right on the shore of Lake Michigan, we get "lake effect" snow. It's generally fluffier, larger and heavier quantities. It's the best snow for making things and having snowball fights and when you walk on it, it pops :yes:

This vid on youtube... is from Milwaukee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJAuzB_t3g&feature=related I remember that storm!!! My bus got stuck in the middle of friggin National Ave that morning :p

Back