New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks and ONE unreleased SONG! (update post 304)

If you don't like the album, don't buy it. Simple :)

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks and ONE unreleased SONG! (update post 304)

Coutries that will get the release are:
- Australia
- New Zeland
- Germany
- Netherlands
- Hungary (*new*)
- Sweden
- Spain (unconfirmed)

Exactly, Sony are a business and they fool fans (like it or not) by taking anything and making it into an excuse to sell some repackaged old songs...but guess what.. this time the fans are gonna choose! Boo hoo! as if the songs didn't exist in the first place! MJ turning 50 has nothing to do with this CD...its another excuse to sell, sell and sell and the fans are easily trapped over and over again! They might say its for MJ's 50th birthday, but the main reason is to make money and use MJ's birthday as an excuse. how many times have they done this?

Ultimate MJ, Visionary and etc... same music , different packaging and some unreleased songs that most were frankly heard of before. ps VISIONARY WAS LIMITED...BUT U CAN STILL FIND IT IN AMAZON!

This has been happening since before Invincible. Blood On The Dance Floor is a disc of 5 NEW songs an 8 OLD songs. It NEVER gets put in this category. The 2001 pre-Invincible re-issues worked well in getting MJ's music at the FRONT of the music shelves before Invincible dropped. There were FOUR re-issues at ONE time then. Was a GOOD move. Then you have HIStory. An extra disc of OLD songs, but to any NEW fan of 1995, that was something really cool to have! If you went to that history tour show, and bought the history album, you are covered for all the songs you heard (bar BOTDF) OLD material re-released but for GOOD reason. Did you see the INCREDIBLE amount of J5 stuff MOTOWN (not Sony) released of J5 greatest hits in the 80's and 90's? THERE ARE HEAPS! But so what? Different retailers order different versions and its still all good promo for the J5 in the end, even if they dont exist anymore as an active band.

Now, its been 7 years since MJ released a BRAND NEW album. Thats why people feel Sony are jibbing fans. If in 2005 or somethin MJ had a new album released instead of being in court, fans would NOT care about all these re-releases! SIMPLE! Fans want NEW material and are too focused on it to see anything ele as good. If its not a NEW album, its Sony ripping us off! MICHAEL HAS NOT PRESENTED A NEW ALBUM TO SONY! ITS NOT SONY'S FAULT FOR THAT!!! Sony are just doing their best to keep Michael's name out there! Isnt this better than tabloid rumours? Coming on here to read "King Of Pop album for MJ's 50th being released in Australia" rather than "MJ is broke and is selling neverland and his kids arent even his"... CUMMON GUYS??? He went through a TRIAL and you sit here complaining that on his 50th Bday sony are doing limited edition King Of Pop albums in a few countries???? And, fans have NO repsonsibility to buy something that comes out via Sony. And if they feel they do, they have a mental problem. No joke! Buy it coz u want it, or dont buy it coz u dont want it. Dont buy it if u DONT want it "coz u feel bad" THATS ABSOLUTELY STUPID! U FEEL BAD? HA HA! WHY????

I also think had MJ's bday and Thriller's 25th anniversary not fallen so close together, people would not have so much of a problem. But thats how it happened, so deal with it. :)

Only 3 days of voting left for the Aussie KOP Album.

Coutries that will get the release are:
- Australia
- New Zeland
- Germany
- Netherlands
- Hungary (*new*)
- Sweden
- Spain (unconfirmed)

I think the UK will also be getting a release because I was emailed a few days ago by HMV UK saying that the album has been added to their catalogue, and is due to be released on 25th August 08.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=649902

I haven't seen anything from Sony UK asking for fan input and I haven't been able to confirm this Sony either. Does anyone know who to speak to do confirm it?

Last edited:

I can`t believe my country is on the list....so cool :wild:

Now, each country will be getting a different album, or they will be the same?
(it is not really clear to me...coz on the website where we can vote http://www.slager.hu/mj/ they say that it will be the album that contains Hungarian Fans favourte songs)

Wonder why all countries dont have the same songs as options when voting. Oz has more Jacksons songs to choose from than NZ.

Wonder why all countries dont have the same songs as options when voting. Oz has more Jacksons songs to choose from than NZ.
in Hungary for example we first have to choose the songs from ALL of the albums...any songs...then after 16th July from the 50 most requested songs we have to vote, and the first 16 will be choosen for the album (and from one album can not be more then 4 songs). We can vote till 27th July. Exciting:punk:

Something MJ related to keep us entertained.

I'm so out of the loop with this project. If its just old songs that they are using then oh well. Have them all ready. I will be checking for the unreleased song though. I hope it's that midnight song. "groove midnight, want sweet desiresss, grooooOoOOove" Oh that clip I heard is just magical. If michael has a full song I hope he releases that one. I 'llcheck back next month to see what the new song is. On another note why is the usa always being stiff, once again. I hate hate hate shipping charges. oh boy. Well I'm not even getting this if the new unreleased song is isn't worth it.

I'm glad that more and more countries support this project.

I will order all the different versions from the different countries.

I'm glad that more and more countries support this project.

I will order all the different versions from the different countries.
i already see fans exchanging with each other their countries version. will be fun :clapping::cheeky:

i already see fans exchanging with each other their countries version. will be fun :clapping::cheeky:

Yeah exactly. I like this album already. I know it will contain songs we already have, but the fact that we now have a saying in the process of making the tracklist is fantastic!

But I haven't seen no voting stuff for the Dutch version... ?

Wonder when we will hear some news on the tracklist, can't wait!!:wild:

But I haven't seen no voting stuff for the Dutch version... ?

I have no idea how we (dutchies) have to vote I haven't seen anything either.... SONY ???

I have no idea how we (dutchies) have to vote I haven't seen anything either.... SONY ???

That's really weird.

Maybe they steal the tracklist from another country! :ph34r:

Is this really official?

Wait... don't albums usually get released on Tuesday?

If this album comes out on Mike's birthday, it'll be on a Friday. :huh:

Wait... don't albums usually get released on Tuesday?

If this album comes out on Mike's birthday, it'll be on a Friday. :huh:

In Australia music comes out on Saturdays, and fans will get it on an advanced release on the Friday at the Sony / MJ50 party. Music stores will probably take advantage of releasing it a day early (like they did on T25) to benefit from it being MJ's Bday:)

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Here we go again.....
let's see if we can get the fans to buy all the differrent versions from the 100+ countries.
Then make them buy another 100 with additional hidden tracks.

If you excuse me I'm just gonna go throw up :puke:

I agree, who will need it, the fans already have all those songs, them big companys just make money over us

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

I agree, who will need it, the fans already have all those songs, them big companys just make money over us

I agree they do take the p*ss but you don't have to buy it.

:)

ive heard of this going on in australia already, they have a site set up where you vote for your 5 favorite mj songs. i dont know if anything like this is happening in the u.s. right now though.

I know the story bbout the cd is going nutz here in australia!
I'm surprised.

If you don't want to buy it then DON'T!!!

Back