New Album Rumour - Summer 2011 [Legacy]

The first half of this year is still MICHAEL. I don't know what they are planning for the Xmas holiday, but I doubt it will be a new album. I think they need to really work long and hard to make it just right. No more controversies, please. They now know they need to listen to the fans. Even though I love MICHAEL, I just don't want a MICHAEL Part II and I am sure they don't either.

I think 2012 will be the BAD YEAR. So to me the only logical time to release a new album would be sometime in 2013.

And wouldn't it be amazing if they hired as a consultant a fan like Birchey that could be the fan representative. That would be soo smart of them, but I'm probably just dreaming.:smilerolleyes:

The first half of this year is still MICHAEL. I don't know what they are planning for the Xmas holiday, but I doubt it will be a new album. I think they need to really work long and hard to make it just right. No more controversies, please. They now know they need to listen to the fans. Even though I love MICHAEL, I just don't want a MICHAEL Part II and I am sure they don't either.

I think 2012 will be the BAD YEAR. So to me the only logical time to release a new album would be sometime in 2013.

And wouldn't it be amazing if they hired as a consultant a fan like Birchey that could be the fan representative. That would be soo smart of them, but I'm probably just dreaming.:smilerolleyes:
We have to bomb them with email saying they should hire him (her?), maybe they will take it into consideration :p

Agreed in everything - and very much about sony should hire some fans to help.

:timer: >>>>
Jackson_popcorn.gif

Maybe they will release a Christmas song, which was rumoured recorded around HIStory era. I don't know if it happen, but it could be interesting. Maybe a new Christmas classic like Whams "Last Christimas" hehe :)

new material should be released... soon ... (a few month / years later) !

Didn't we heard there was 10 projects to be released from summer 2009 ? 8 left...

8 left?

1. TII album
2. TII movie
3. Vision
4. Michael
5. Cirque album
6. Bad 25
7. Bad Tour DVD

Sounds like hearsay posted on wiki as fact, but I guess we'll have to wait and find out! I also think the EP idea is a good one though; more time needs to be put into getting these unreleased tracks to sound near-perfect.

As far as I am aware, neither BAD25 or the BAD dvd are confirmed as releases yet?? And i think the sony contract was for releases spread over 10 years right?? (It's late and I'm hazy on details)....

But I always thought that Michael should have hired some of his more sensible fans for consultations.... and Sony couldn't go wrong by doing this me thinks!

How about Off The Wall? A OTW30 was planned but never released. Should be a no-brainer as wel...

Havent read every post but I dont think there will be any new/upgrade albums this year........maybe in december

I hope it's ready soon, I wanna get my hands on it. If it's release at the best time, I don't wanna hear anybody saying "that's not Michael" this and "that's not Michael's voice" that, I get a little sick and tired of that crap.

You maybe right, it's kinda a bit early.

I can see late 2012 or early 2013! Maybe even later than that...

I think it'd be nice if they just released individual songs over a period of time as singles. I think that might do best, like This Is It. They sell well, they are received well, and it keeps more future material.

Like they could have released Hold My Hand with tons of hype, then Best Of Joy, then Hollywood Tonight, then Behind The Mask, then the final Another Day, then I Like The Way.

This would have kept the public satisfied over a longer period of time, hungry for more.

Releasing each one with a sort of music video to go along with it that either was completely original or was just each in complete beautiful tribute to Michael.

Then maybe at the end of all that they could have released a compilation of it as what we got with the 'Michael' CD.

One can dream. :p

Hopefully they do a lot better with the singles and promotion next time, anyway.

^^I like that idea. Everyone would be focused on the same song and they would do a lot better in the charts. Only some of MJJC even know about Hollywood Tonight's release.

There was some USTREAM chatting-interview with Akon, and I asked him if he and Michael have worked on more material than just HMH, and he answered to me that they've worked on more tracks, but they're unfinished. I'll be very happy if we'll get more tracks from Akon! Let's hope he'll let The Estate to release them! Maybe the tracks will be considered to the next album?

Are they going to make an album out of the Cirque de Soleil shows? Or is that project simply the shows themselves?

There will be a Cirque de Soleil soundtrack album.

There was some USTREAM chatting-interview with Akon, and I asked him if he and Michael have worked on more material than just HMH, and he answered to me that they've worked on more tracks, but they're unfinished. I'll be very happy if we'll get more tracks from Akon! Let's hope he'll let The Estate to release them! Maybe the tracks will be considered to the next album?

Akon has said before that he will not release any more of his Michael Jackson collaborations because they are unfinished. Hopefully, he changes his mind because I love Hold My Hand and WBSS08.

How do you know for certain that there'll be a Cirque album? Also, I remember Akon saying that he was contemplating destroying his other MJ works in fear that he'll decide to remix and release them, thus besmirching MJ's name.

How do you know for certain that there'll be a Cirque album? Also, I remember Akon saying that he was contemplating destroying his other MJ works in fear that he'll decide to remix and release them, thus besmirching MJ's name.

C'mon, he wouldn't destroy them. He won't do a thing like that.

I'm just going by what I read on MJNewsAlerts. Besides, chances are we won't see any other Akon material anytime soon.

I'm just going by what I read on MJNewsAlerts. Besides, chances are we won't see any other Akon material anytime soon.

I have a feeling that we'll hear more Akon material after that the 2017 deal ends.

I also remember Akon saying that he'll probably just go home and burn the tapes.

@KingMikeJ: How do you for certain that there'll be a Cirque album? I asked them on Twitter and they didn't really give me a straight answer.

Has it not been confirmed? It must just be strongly expected because everyone has been talking as if it was for sure.

Ah, OK. Given that soundtracks to their Beatles and Elvis shows have been released, I'm sure one for the MJ show will be released.

Back