Name 1 thing you'd love on MJ's new album!

WilliamJean

Proud Member
Just name 1 thing you'd like to see on the new album. Maybe you'd like 15 tracks? Maybe you'd like a particular picture on the front cover? Maybe you'd like the title of the first single to be a particular word...

Anything at all... just make sure it's only 1 thing, then at the end we'll see if we can create an album out of all the ideas we've individually made up, lol.

My idea:
1. The opening track is an acapella in which Michael sets the mood/theme of the album. The overall theme might have something to do with a love story with underlying meaning like "Someone Put Your Hand Out" in that the song on first glance is about Michael needing real love, but on further inspection it can reveal his life of fame and seclusion has made him very lonely...

It would be only about a minute and a half in length, and maybe soft piano in the background or some violin. It would fade out rather than just end, symbolizing the story is not over.

Cue the 2nd track.

The Fan Album: (I will update this section with everyones idea, so that in the end we have a complete album)

Album Name: Undecided
Label: Undecided
Notable Guest Artists: Undecided
Project Producers: Undecided
No. Of Singles: Undecided
No. Of Short Films: Undecided
No. Of Tracks: Undecided

Track List:
- 1. That One (Intro). 1:40 min

Last edited:
prison cell gates closing and "konvict" said at the begining of all the tracks... NOT!

i definately want a piano based gospel feel song like Will You Be There. That is PASSION on disc right there.

I want an 10-12 tracvks album, with a theme, compact and solid.
Is really to avoid a long album with 15-18 tracks, it gets boring and usually more tracks are on the album then less inspiration there is in it.

Short compact, high quality.

the lil' old hee-hee and aoww and hiccup things! Those are Michael's trademarks. :yes: and I love them!

No more griping songs. Personally, I would like him to do something totally different than just working with who's popular at the moment. Also I'd rather that he uses live instrumentation instead of a lot of programming. Yeah and make a compact album around 40-50 minutes, not just putting stuff on there just to fill up the CD space.

I would love to hear another song with Carlos Santana, just like or better (if possible) than Whatever Happens.

ison cell gates closing and "konvict" said at the begining of all the tracks... NOT!

i definately want a piano based gospel feel song like Will You Be There. That is PASSION on disc right there.

hahahaha!

Konvitct musiiiiic

roflmao!! :lol:

Anyway, I think a'capella as an opening track is a good idea like someone else here said.

No more griping songs. Personally, I would like him to do something totally different than just working with who's popular at the moment. Also I'd rather that he uses live instrumentation instead of a lot of programming. Yeah and make a compact album around 40-50 minutes, not just putting stuff on there just to fill up the CD space.

Yeah I agree...and I think that every song should be a potential single/hit, like he did with Thriller. No fillers!

ummmm...some songs

lol! :lol:

Last edited:
Something along the lines of the Dangerous album, with some of the more enjoyable ballads of Invincible (Break Of Dawn, Butterflies)

Nothing by Rodney Jerkins..the man is overrated.

Maybe a US tour would be nice

I'd love MJ to write and compose the whole album all by himself. No co-writters or other people writting songs for him. Just 100% MJ

MJ's best songs are the ones that are written and composed by him anyway so a full album written by MJ alone would be awesome

ofcourse we would like to have some new songs :p

LOL, I know....but mainly I was just saying that although there are certainly things that I would or would not prefer, I dont care as long as it is what he wants to do....and we get some songs as an end result

Last edited:
Trademark Michael, people loved it in the 80s etc. People still love it now. Just as longs as it unbeiveable and lightyears beyond everyone (as usual) I'm happy.

I just want a great album, staying true to Michaels sound..

Like a full cycle of where he is now.. Taking everything he's learned over the years and putt it all together.

I would like for Michael to write and compose every single song himself, lol. That's all I want.

And if ya'll are gonna bi*ch about Michael's bi*ching, then I hope he "bi*ches" like he did on "History" too, cause I love to hear how he actually feels.

Last edited:
I'd love MJ to write and compose the whole album all by himself. No co-writters or other people writting songs for him. Just 100% MJ

MJ's best songs are the ones that are written and composed by him anyway so a full album written by MJ alone would be awesome

I would like for Michael to write and compose every single song himself, lol. That's all I want.

And if ya'll are gonna bi*ch about Michael's bi*ching, then I hope he "bi*ches" like he did on "History" too, cause I love to hear how he actually feels.

You two will be waiting even longer, then lol (you know how much of a perfectionist Mike is with someone else's ideas, let alone his own).

I don't think MJ should have to compose and write all of the songs completely himself. And no, all of his best songs were not written by just him. Human Nature ring a bell? PYT? Thriller, even? Man in the Mirror?

MJ is at the level where, everyone wants to write/compose songs for him. Everyone wants to put their song(s) on his album. And if the songs that are pitched to MJ are really good, is he going to reject the songs and say that he doesn't want to sing/perform them for his album? Like, "Butterflies" was pitched to MJ by the girls from Floetry...he'd have been stupid to reject that lol. That song is beautiful.

I get what you're saying though, it would be awesome to have an entire album just by MJ...maybe someday in the future when he relaxes/slows down and starts to just experiment for fun. But right now, this projected new album is too crucial...and I believe that it makes sense for Michael to collaborate with people who are hot now, and know what sounds will appeal to a mass audience today.

Just my opinion! :)

I would love to hear a song - dedicated to his fans.

Me too!

Well I don't actually expect him to write every song by himself, even though he did say he's writing most of it himself. And yes, his best songs are his own. "Billie Jean", "SIM", "Liberian Girl", "TWYMMF", "WBSS", "Earth Song", "TDCAU", etc... His songs a pure genius. He's had a lot of really good songs written for him, I never said he didn't, but a lot of the time, it was his vocal that made an otherwise just okay or good song in to a great song. His songs, composition wise, are most often brilliant.

I want most if not all of the songs written and composed by himself. Lyrics that are personal and straight from the heart. I also would like all live instruments. Songs that you can dance to and at least one or two rock songs with a grittier sound like Dirty Diana or something like that.

Anywho whatever he chooses to do i'll be happy with as long as he comes out with something! lol

Dang one thing? I have lists. LOL!!

Well, for starters, I have thought about these people working with Mike on his new CD and I am a bit worried. I have tried to accept and respect MJ working with Akon and Wil.i.am but their songs are just terrible. Will is great for BEP and Fergie. He is too limited for Mike, imo. Yes, he did "Ordinary People" for John Legend, but what if he can't do that for Mike? What if he is not veristile enough? You got Akon - he can't really sing (no offense to ANYONE who is a fan of Akon), his music is so disrespectful towards women, I really think he is not verstile at all. I rewally want MJ to bring Quincy and Teddy back. All of these producers - for what? Mike doesn't really need their help. Q brings the best out of MJ and Teddy makes really good music. I think Pharrell and Kanye should join in because they are out of the box with their music as well.

I would add more, but I gotta go. Good thread.

I totally agree.

What I would really love to see on an MJ album..

Is a release date really soon.. lol!

Back