MJ's religious beliefs.

I personally believe Michael was interested in many religions and was a very spiritual, well read man. I am Unitarian universalist and what I have read about Michael it seems that Michael might have been in his beliefs most like a UU in many respects.

hey on a christian channels the reverend who preached at mj's private funeral was talking about how michael and him would have bible studies on the phone while he was rehearshing for TII and he said mj was a chrisitan

Really? Uy... I would have to see that interview really. The private service was a JW service and JW do not have reverends... and I have never seen a JW elder in a Christain Channel. Do you remember the name of this person? or any other details? :unsure:

I personally believe Michael was interested in many religions and was a very spiritual, well read man. I am Unitarian universalist and what I have read about Michael it seems that Michael might have been in his beliefs most like a UU in many respects.

Hey! I'm a UU too! I actually agree with what you said, although I do know there is a tendency for people to want/hope/believe that Michael was of THEIR religion, whatever it is. At the memorial service, there were symbols of the world-religions up on the screen, with no, one, symbol privileged over the others. (And of course, we see those same symbols at our church). Michael did believe in God, and said so many times. He was respectful of all religions, and in that sense, was very much like a UU.

(edit) I thought I'd add this, for those not familiar with Unitarian Universalism.

There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:

• The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
  • Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
  • Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
  • A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
  • The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
  • The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
  • Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

Last edited:
I do know there is a tendency for people to want/hope/believe that Michael was of THEIR religion, whatever it is.

Autumn, it is what God perceives as being correct, ultimately, not one or the other, He is the One to confirm it to all on how we are/were supposed to believe in Him. The Judgement Day will establish that clearly. This is a selfless thing to want. Which is why some deeply, deeply want the best for a loved one, especially one that's not among the living anymore. Because their afterlife is the one that always was most important, and it is based on how you live this life here that you'll live your next. One can't choose whatever belief suits them or floats their boat. .. It's like choosing one's own God, even though you don't know that this happens, even though you don't know that god is the real one. Lots of research and prayer is needed. And.. I don't know what else.

But I do agree that there is this tendency in people to wanna have others join their religion. But as I said before, it's what God perceives as being the ultimate correctness that's important. And that serious researching is needed and a prayer to follow the right path. And that's why some are truly worried about some religions over the others. I'm not too coherent right now, sorry. But I hope the essence of what I'm trying to say stands out. I'm not here to establish what religion is the best, but am considering the afterlife a lot, Michael's, in this case, and one can't help but wonder about so many things. ...

At the memorial service, there were symbols of the world-religions up on the screen, with no, one, symbol privileged over the others.

Those are the symbols of Freemasonry. .. Searching on this is vital in reaching this conclusion.. They're masonic. And since AEG helped to support the memorial service, it's not surprising. But I'll leave it at that, won't rebring them into discussion here.

But I do agree that there is this tendency in people to wanna have others join their religion. But as I said before, it's what God perceives as being the ultimate correctness that's important. And that serious researching is needed and a prayer to follow the right path. And that's why some are truly worried about some religions over the others. I'm not too coherent right now, sorry. But I hope the essence of what I'm trying to say stands out.

Those are the symbols of Freemasonry. .. Searching on this is vital in reaching this conclusion.. They're masonic. And since AEG helped to support the memorial service, it's not surprising.

Yeah, "the essence" came through, and thanks.

As far as the symbols are concerned, those ARE the symbols of world religions. (Do Freemasons use them too? I really don't know, and that is not a religion anyway). Unitarian Universalist churches often display them, as a sign of respect for world-religions and human diversity. I do KNOW. I'm a member of that faith. In that context, they are positive and respectful, and have nothing to do with any "organization or cult."

Last edited:
That was not true, exactly. I saw the survey on another site and it was not about the Bible totally per se. They asked questions about religion in gheneral. Such as when the Puritans came to America or something like that. So, that really does n0ot hold water.

Well, you are right it was not just about the Bible but religion in general. However I wouldn't be surprised if something similar came out if the same study would be done just about the Bible. I attend an atheist community and I can tell you atheists/agnostics know a LOT about the Bible. We often joke that the shortest way to atheism is to read the Bible from start to finish. Well, it's not totally a joke to be honest....

whatever he believed in, it was his belief, he believed in goodness, that is all that matters to me. I don't care if he saw himself as Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Buddhist, or any other thing. He was a human being who believed in goodness, which is the basic of every religion.

whatever he believed in, it was his belief, he believed in goodness, that is all that matters to me. I don't care if he saw himself as Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Buddhist, or any other thing. He was a human being who believed in goodness, which is the basic of every religion.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I do know there is a tendency for people to want/hope/believe that Michael was of THEIR religion, whatever it is.

That's very true. Many Muslims believe he was a Muslim, for example. (I know he wasn't.)
But it's not just about religion. People always want him to be what they are.

I saw it.

Like I said, so they think they know more. Science does it 'best' at dissecting and doubting and re-creating the Bible. Moreover, the most can be learned from the one who doesn't see God or the It, the higher source, yet he believes it, for the eyes of the soul see it. The soul needs watering like a flower, or it withers till it's... lost.

But... again, this thread isn't about who knows what best. Nor about atheism and agnosticism . It's about what's in its title.

People always want him to be what they are.

No.

See, this is the very reason why overgeneralization is never productive, nor truthful.

Some do want others to be what God wants them to be. Period.

And Michael was pleasing to Him oftentimes, he often asked Him what He wants him to do next, so, yeah.

That's very true. Many Muslims believe he was a Muslim, for example. (I know he wasn't.)
But it's not just about religion. People always want him to be what they are.

I know, that's really annoying. Not because it's Islam but because it's incorrect. It's annoying when anything incorrect about MJ is said. You guys know what I mean.

No.

See, this is the very reason why overgeneralization is never productive, nor truthful.

Sorry, but it's NOT "period." And this is why threads like this almost always go south.

At the heart of all religions is goodness, AND "mystery." Nobody alive can speak "for God" with absolute certainty. The devout of any religion believe in it's rightness. All have religious texts to which they can point as "truth." They ALL do. Of the major religions, Christianity and Islam are "evangelical." The others are not. That is a difference. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are "monotheistic." Hindu is not. Buddhists do not believe in a "divine creator." Those are differences, but at the heart of all, is GOODNESS.

Those who are Christian point to the bible and say, "THIS is the truth!" Those who are devoutly Muslim, point to the Koran and say, "THIS is the truth!" And the same is true of other sacred texts. If the world is to ever be healed, we must see the commonality of goodness, in most people.

Michael's fans are incredibly diverse, which is also represented on this board. On this board we have Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, and atheists (who do not believe in God), and "others." The core of Michael's message was TOLERANCE, and GOODNESS.

None of us here can say for sure what Michael's religion actually WAS. I'd say, that his own words, in Dancing the Dream, give the greatest insight into that.

(and we do know that his oldest two children, are Jewish, by birthright. Their mother is Jewish. That birthright is inherited through the maternal line. We DO know that Michael took his children to various churches and temples. Not just of one religion.)

Last edited:
Rev June Gatlin on Michael Jackson & spirituality

Thanks for these videos, I've never seen them before.

I just have to say it makes me even more sure that he still had the faith he had his whole life. I think Michael respected all people of all religions and was so much for everyones' right to have whatever religion they had BUT he still was very safe in the faith in the Bible and Jesus and so on. I don't see why we should act like it's unsure or that we don't know, not more than we can't ever know what anyone believe. But we don't question what Mohammed Ali believes, because he's been just as clear about that as Michael has. Great for both of them! As long as Michael was happy in his faith, and it seems like he was becaue he held on to it his whole life, great!

Just wanted to add... this topic is of a great concern to some.. specially now since he's gone, and they wanna feel somehow that he is Indeed in a better place. ...what happens to a particular soul when it flies away, and where it will go. ...

Autumn, it is what God perceives as being correct, ultimately, not one or the other, He is the One to confirm it to all on how we are/were supposed to believe in Him. The Judgement Day will establish that clearly. This is a selfless thing to want. Which is why some deeply, deeply want the best for a loved one, especially one that's not among the living anymore. Because their afterlife is the one that always was most important, and it is based on how you live this life here that you'll live your next. One can't choose whatever belief suits them or floats their boat. .. ...

I guess I am puzzled as to the concern, particularly among those that profess to have a belief in 'God'.
What in the world would make me doubt the fact that MJ would be continuing on in a place that reflects him?

Is this a worry about oneself- or Michael? Both?

All religions share one truly universal aspect- the acceptance of the continuity of existence. (I'm trying to apply a vocabulary that is more expansive than Heaven or Nirvana).

The details of that continuity of existence vary greatly.
('sleep' until the resurrection, tian, nirvana, bhuva loka/swarga loka, firdaus/paradise, olam haba/the world to come).

But all religions acknowledge the continuity of existence after physical death.

I'm honestly puzzled. I would gather that the stronger one's own beliefs- the more assured one would be that Michael is home where you'd expect him to be?

His physical death very much sparked similar explorations for me, reading just about anything that is of that wisdom. I find it liberating, very liberating.

Or let me ask the question this way: If one is concerned, wouldn't the impulse be to attempt finding out every possibility about the ifs and whys of the continuity of life?
If one finds themselves asking precisely that question- what seems like a likely approach? Try to find out absolutely everything you can regarding that topic- or sit down in worry?

It seemed like Michael considered himself having a basis and from there on he seemed to explore pretty freely. I do have certain beliefs (and in some aspects they are more than just beliefs, but a more personal experience and the changes in oneself- which kinda tends to happen with near-death-experiences, lol)- but in no way, shape or form would I feel bothered by MJ having been a Jehovah's Witness, North American Protestant, Catholic, Muslim or 'New Ager'. He's MJ, you are Alma and I am Pace.

... He had questions, men couldn't answer. smart of him indeed.

Getting an answer requires asking the question, doesn't it? Seems natural. I tend to think that faith and knowledge don't exclude one another.

Michael Jackson is probably one of the very few people where I have absolutely no iota of doubt that he understood himself precisely they way 'God' (I have tremendous issues with the anthropomorphism of God) a meant Michael to be.
Michael is so much himself, that he paid a tremendous price for simply being himself. He didn't budge an inch when it came to his perception of 'right living'- always willing to love whom he considered in need of help and love.
He lived his life very much the way he considered it to be 'right living'- and geez, if anyone was attacked for doing what he considered the right thing to do- it's Michael Jackson.

I don't proclaim MJ to be an infallible saint without fault, that's not the point. My point is that if anything we should be encouraged to dare to be so true to ourselves.
I do not worry about Michael in that sense- at all.

If anything I feel encouraged to please get to the bottom of what it is that I feel inclined to do and not be held back by the worries of others.

If anyone is what God means for him to be- it's MJ, no joke.

Sometimes I feel anxious about something and I worry if I did the right thing, sometimes I even worry if I reacted harsher toward my child than I should have- and exactly then I can sometimes feel his smile peak through behind me, and I feel an almost amused sense of "relax, girl, geez, relax. It's fine. You know where you want to go, just keep that in your heart, alright. Just don't trip over yourself, okay?"

I also consider it one of the great blessings that this forum mirrors the diversity in all of us. This is the human family here right now- and while we all seem pretty human on the surface, we are different from one another.
This artist manages to unite so many different cultures, colors and creeds- it's astounding.

There's a reason MJ's audience is so diverse. And while a Christian belief is shared among many, there are plenty of other beliefs out here as well.
Could it be that 'God' meant for us to be diverse- and that different believes are not a 'failure in picking-and-choosing-one's God'?

There are also those who do not believe at all in either God or the continuity of life. One can share the road politely.

I realize that the thread says "MJ's religious beliefs", but there have been so many points raised alongside that question.

Sorry, but it's NOT "period." And this is why threads like this almost always go south.

You have completely missed my point.

And I won't add anything more to what I already said, Precisely because the whole point has gotten amiss.

You have completely missed my point.

And I won't add anything more to what I already said, Precisely because the whole point has gotten amiss.

Did you mean, "some people have a conviction about what they think God wants them to be, and they try to live up to that?" Maybe that? (with, of course, the understanding that not everyone believes in God -- I do -- but not everyone does, and also, that a person KNOWS what God "wants them to be?")

But, with regard to the opening post, after Michael disfellowshipped himself from the Jehovah's Witnesses in the eighties, he never did "testify" to being Christian in any public way. We really don't have any way of KNOWING what his spirituality was, except for his book, Dancing the Dream. I have seen no photos of him ever wearing a Christian symbol (well, if he did, I've not seen it, or at least not without also referencing other religious symbols), although he wore Tibetan prayer beads (Buddhist), and a Kabbalistic, red, bracelet. With that said, people will believe what they choose to believe, but that is a FAITH question . . . .

And with THAT said, this topic has cropped up many, many times, and usually ends/is closed with people asserting that they KNOW, for certain, when no one really does.

I guess I am puzzled as to the concern, particularly among those that profess to have a belief in 'God'.
What in the world would make me doubt the fact that MJ would be continuing on in a place that reflects him?

Is this a worry about oneself- or Michael? Both?

It has nothing to do with me. It has to do with some people's concern for the other's afterlife. It has nothing to do with My believing in 'God', with your believing in 'God', with Michael's believing in 'God'. It is all the more justified to be worried, simply Because we Don't know how the afterlife is going to be. It is the Unknown. The other dimension seems to be treated too lightly. Just like one does when saying 'I know he's in Heaven right now. He's done so much good in this world'. But that is not that simple. It isn't. How can I some say one is now in a place which reflects him for sure?... Because of believing such and such... God works in mysterious ways. My point all along this thread.

Never did I say I don't believe in the continuity of life. Where did I even suggest that? I said I worry about some souls who take off from the earth. And I worry because of finding out very much about it that I have expressed above. On the importance of being christened and sin confession, and so on. I'm not sitting down worrying.

in no way, shape or form would I feel bothered by MJ having been a Jehovah's Witness, North American Protestant, Catholic, Muslim or 'New Ager'. He's MJ, you are Alma and I am Pace.

I am not either. Or I wouldn't have been. ... How is an atheist, for example, one to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, since he doesn't believe there is a god, and the Scriptures specifically are saying that person won't see that Kingdom. What about cold rapists, canibals, mass murderers, where do they go?.. If some don't believe in hell, does that make it the truth? Where will those souls of the murderers go to? In the same place those pure souls of babies go? This is an exact clue as to what I'm talking about when bringing up the correctness in belief. Or if one prays to Michael, thinking he's the real Saint Michael./ Or when others say they don't believe in Christ's Second Coming, or in the Cross where Christ was crucified for the world sins? How is not believing in that unimportant, when God is being specific about His teachings. The cross is the most important symbol that God left us, the most powerful one.... If some religious cults don't believe in the Cross, and don't have the Cross on the roof of their cathedrals or churches... isn't that an important, vital element missing, the most important? How is personal perception to answer that, does that make it the truth? No. ... It is a grave omission not to have the Cross as a symbol of Jesus and his sacrifice for all our sins.... Not confessing one's sins or receiving the Eucharist for the forgiveness of them. Or if others from the Templars or the Hospitaliers or other orders and cults re-create the Bible, and are of the belief that Jesus had a lover, Mary Magdalene and they had children.. etc, etc... Not ever having confided your sins to a priest, say. Things that happen in the world. How are beliefs as those supposed to not matter? If they aren't respected. Again, God's teachings tend to often be re-created, or taken lightly. .... His ways are undeniably mysterious, but His expectations are simple and precise. They're not too easy to fulfill, but that is what practice is for, and I, for one, am continuing to learn.

I realize that the thread says "MJ's religious beliefs", but there have been so many points raised alongside that question.

This is why I'll stop and take my worries out of this thread, since people didn't get what I was saying all along anyway, so I'll only prove a further roadblock if continuing. Just to point that I am not thinking about this too often, but when I do, I worry, being God-fearing, it is not a crippling feeling, it has to do with my depression, especially, but I am going to church every Sunday, I am listening to what the preachers say, and... when I see certain things don't match, I tend to worry. I am believing in Him and His mercifulness, but can't ignore the said teachings, that are warm, yet strict and precise at the same time. .. I don't care about anyone's religion (exc atheism and gnosticism, even though I have friends who are both, yet still love them), I am wondering about the afterlife, which is, again, an Unknown realm that many are freely imagining... But imagination is not reality. It can be while on earth, but that's no longer up to the man, to be able to choose his place to live as a spirit, but up to God. We are at the mercy of His choices, because His choices are reflecting ours while here on Earth. His forgiving is the most important goal to achieve in life, for without forgiving, we can't be entering His kingdom. And there are steps to follow in order to gain his forgiveness, as said above, it's not as simple as black an white. ...

I was expecting some understanding on this very serious matter, esp since it's Michael-related, to see that afterlife is Not a topic to be taken that lightly for the many reasons specified, so it's truly times like these when I wished I never really returned to replying publicly. Am tired of debating, tired of confrontation, of explaining and over-explaining, clarifying. ...A pain gets installed inside, when not being understood. So all that's left to do at times is remain silent.

Last edited:
Hm, I found it interesting that he's wearing a hole bunch of religious symbols in This Is It.

mjcrop.jpg

^^^Prayer beads, can be found in most religions.

MJThisIsItBlackorWhite.jpg

^^^looks like a Celtic Cross.

MJThisIsIt56.jpg

^^^seems to be an Egyptian Ankh.

MJThisIsIt55-1.jpg

^^^Guess he didn't mind wearing an Egyptian Ankh on that jacket.​

Quite a diverse collection, very inclusive when it comes to a few of the major religions.

Last edited:
The cross is the most important symbol that God left us, the most powerful one....

And THAT is the problem! Muslims believe in Allah, who is God. Jews believe in God. The cross is NOT their religious symbol, and you simply cannot discount that many people of the world's population who may be JUST as devout and CERTAIN, and faithful, as any Christian.

If some religious cults don't believe in the Cross, and don't have the Cross on the roof of their cathedrals or churches... isn't that an important, vital element missing, the most important?

Non Christian religions who do not "believe in the cross" are NOT "religious cults," and that is incredibly insulting. Time to close the thread now, I guess inevitably. Are Muslims a "cult?" Are Jews a "cult?" How about Buddhists? (Michael would never have said such a thing, of course. He was all about LOVE, and tolerance!)

It is a grave omission not to have the Cross as a symbol of Jesus and his sacrifice for all our sins.... Not confessing one's sins or receiving the Eucharist for the forgiveness of them.

Not everyone believes as you do, and Christians are not the only religion that believes in GOD! Why would you think that other people do not have the same RIGHT to their faith, that you do?

As usual, time for this thread to go, as this same topic has done, many times.

It has nothing to do with me. It has to do with some people's concern for the other's afterlife. It has nothing to do with My believing in 'God', with your believing in 'God', with Michael's believing in 'God'. It is all the more justified to be worried, simply Because we Don't know how the afterlife is going to be. It is the Unknown. The other dimension seems to be treated too lightly. Just like one does when saying 'I know he's in Heaven right now. He's done so much good in this world'. But that is not that simple. It isn't. How can I some say one is now in a place which reflects him for sure?... Because of believing such and such... God works in mysterious ways. My point all along this thread.

Never did I say I don't believe in the continuity of life. Where did I even suggest that? I said I worry about some souls who take off from the earth. And I worry because of finding out very much about it that I have expressed above. On the importance of being christened and sin confession, and so on. I'm not sitting down worrying.

You're a Christian. Your thoughts are of Christian origin. When I say "reflect him" than I mean a lot more than his philanthropy. That is why I said that all religions believe in the continuity of existence, whether they are Christian or not. Apparently muslims also believe in their form of paradise, just as the Christian believes in their heaven. Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists and Christian all believe in their form of continued existence and that belief doesn't depend on the permission from a differing faith.

I am not either. Or I wouldn't have been. ... How is an atheist, for example, one to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, since he doesn't believe there is a god, and the Scriptures specifically are saying that person won't see that Kingdom. What about cold rapists, canibals, mass murderers, where do they go?.. If some don't believe in hell, does that make it the truth? Where will those souls of the murderers go to? In the same place those pure souls of babies go? This is an exact clue as to what I'm talking about when bringing up the correctness in belief. Or if one prays to Michael, thinking he's the real Saint Michael./ Or when others say they don't believe in Christ's Second Coming, or in the Cross where Christ was crucified for the world sins? How is not believing in that unimportant, when God is being specific about His teachings. The cross is the most important symbol that God left us, the most powerful one.... If some religious cults don't believe in the Cross, and don't have the Cross on the roof of their cathedrals or churches... isn't that an important, vital element missing, the most important? How is personal perception to answer that, does that make it the truth? No. ... It is a grave omission not to have the Cross as a symbol of Jesus and his sacrifice for all our sins.... Not confessing one's sins or receiving the Eucharist for the forgiveness of them. Or if others from the Templars or the Hospitaliers or other orders and cults re-create the Bible, and are of the belief that Jesus had a lover, Mary Magdalene and they had children.. etc, etc... Not ever having confided your sins to a priest, say. Things that happen in the world. How are beliefs as those supposed to not matter? If they aren't respected. Again, God's teachings tend to often be re-created, or taken lightly. .... His ways are undeniably mysterious, but His expectations are simple and precise. They're not too easy to fulfill, but that is what practice is for, and I, for one, am continuing to learn.

This is why I'll stop and take my worries out of this thread, since people didn't get what I was saying all along anyway, so I'll only prove a further roadblock if continuing. Just to point that I am not thinking about this too often, but when I do, I worry, being God-fearing, it is not a crippling feeling, it has to do with my depression, especially, but I am going to church every Sunday, I am listening to what the preachers say, and... when I see certain things don't match, I tend to worry. I am believing in Him and His mercifulness, but can't ignore the said teachings, that are warm, yet strict and precise at the same time. .. I don't care about anyone's religion (exc atheism and gnosticism, even though I have friends who are both, yet still love them), I am wondering about the afterlife, which is, again, an Unknown realm that many are freely imagining... But imagination is not reality. It can be while on earth, but that's no longer up to the man, to be able to choose his place to live as a spirit, but up to God. We are at the mercy of His choices, because His choices are reflecting ours while here on Earth. His forgiving is the most important goal to achieve in life, for without forgiving, we can't be entering His kingdom. And there are steps to follow in order to gain his forgiveness, as said above, it's not as simple as black an white. ...

I was expecting some understanding on this very serious matter, esp since it's Michael-related, to see that his afterlife is Not a topic to be taken that lightly for the many reasons specified, so it's truly times like these when I wished I never really returned to replying publicly. Am tired of debating, tired of confrontation, of explaining and over-explaining, clarifying. All that's left to do at times is being silent.

Actually, I'm not taking any thought about the afterlife lightly. Not at all.

I'll simply acknowledge that HUGE parts of this world do not identify as Christian, and certainly neither as Catholic, nor a Protestants.
Therefore I don't need to expect people that do not identify as Christians to be wearing crosses, confess sins or believe in Christianity.

YOU are Christian, therefore those are your beliefs.

By the way, in the Russian Orthodox Christian church it is very, very common to start praying to Saints.
Sainthood is much more of a 'grassroots' effort- people remember those they consider Saints, they start painting icons, they kiss these icons in reverence :)D maybe we should start an anonymous poll who on this board has ever kissed a picture of MJ or their screen displaying MJ, probably not out of religious reason I would suspect) and they start praying to those they consider saints. I'm sure you've seen something like that.
That is kind of normal in the Russian Orthodox Church. A lot of that happens before an official canonization by the Church- which is also just the statement that said Saint was also a Saint, not made a Saint by the canonization.
That is how many Saints in that Church 'started out'. What seems unthinkable to Protestants could be rather normal in another branch of Christianity.
You can easily have different Saints by the same name. There is Saint Irene (Irina) of Greece, Saint Irina the Martyr (from the area now knows as the Balkans), and Saint Irina/Irene of Egypt.

If someone considers Michael Jackson a Saint, well, in the Russian Orthodoxy it would be well within the realm of 'allowable' to start praying to someone they perceive as Saint.

Cute pic. Nice followers, Krishna, I mean, gopis, although that dance is more symbolic of Tandava (T???ava or T???ava n?tya) and would actually relate more to Shiva.
MJ_ShivaDance.jpg

Apparently, MJ wasn't the first to grab something of his when the music compelled him to do it. Hindu Deities make no exception.
TandavaDance770percentaddedcontrast.jpg

"Levitation" or meditation? :)
MJandChopraLevitation.jpg

Last edited:
You're a Christian. Your thoughts are of Christian origin. When I say "reflect him" than I mean a lot more than his philanthropy. That is why I said that all religions believe in the continuity of existence, whether they are Christian or not. Apparently muslims also believe in their form of paradise, just as the Christian believes in their heaven. Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists and Christian all believe in their form of continued existence and that belief doesn't depend on the permission from a differing faith.

I do respect those of various religions. The problem lies in taking what is a matter of FAITH, individually and collectively, as immutable TRUTH, when it is not all the same, for the world's population.

Correct, all religions believe in the "continuity of existence." Yes, Muslims have paradise (or several?), but I'm not Muslim and can't speak in as much detail about that as a Muslim could. Buddhists certainly believe in the continuity of existence, although not in a Divine Creator. Buddhism evolved from Hindu, and incorporates the idea of reincarnation.

A person can be CERTAIN of his/her own faith, but not really know about those of others.

Actually, I'm not taking any thought about the afterlife lightly. Not at all.

Nor do I. I do believe in an "afterlife," and also believe their are many paths to that continuity, and not just ONE. As I said before, a person born into a different faith can be just as CERTAIN. No difference in strength of belief. There are many holy books, and all have "goodness" at the core.

For Muslims, the Koran is the direct and untranslated word of God, as told to Mohammad by the angel Gabriel. The Koran was written at the time of those revelations, and not centuries later, as the Bible was. A devout Muslim believes in the Koran as much as a devout Christian believes in the Bible.

I'll simply acknowledge that HUGE parts of this world do not identify as Christian, and certainly neither as Catholic, nor a Protestants.
Therefore I don't need to expect people that do not identify as Christians to be wearing crosses, confess sins or believe in Christianity.

Of COURSE.

Michael's message was of unity and harmony of the peoples of the world. Those symbols at his memorial? "Masonic?" I have no idea where that's coming from! Those were the same symbols he used as part of the stage-set for TII! They are the religious symbols of the world's peoples, and represent UNITY!

And in terms of the topic of this thread? Those really were Tibetan prayer beads around Michael's neck (see photo). Those are Buddhist.

Moving right along.

People! There was a warning earlier about keeping this thread clean of heavy arguments on beliefs and faiths. Go to the GD for that, please! I'd like to REALLY keep this thread open since I tend to find interesting facts and sites on this particular thread.

Please, mods, it really is normally a decent thread. Don't know how it turned upside down so quickly.

People! There was a warning earlier about keeping this thread clean of heavy arguments on beliefs and faiths. Go to the GD for that, please! I'd like to REALLY keep this thread open since I tend to find interesting facts and sites on this particular thread.

Please, mods, it really is normally a decent thread. Don't know how it turned upside down so quickly.

The thread is about Michael's religious beliefs, which inevitably turns into a thread about "religions." NOBODY knows, for sure, what his beliefs were. So, please.mods, close the thread, like so MANY other, and similar, threads have been closed, where each person wants to think that he believed exactly what THEY do. And since he never said, we'll never know.

And have we MISSED Michael's message? Yes, once again, we have.

CLOSE it, please. And thanks.

Back