MJ Related Pet Peeves

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
This is not a thread about things that annoy you that Michael did, it's things related to him.

Here is one of mine -

* When a MJ documentary that lasts about an hour talks about his life in the Jackson 5 and Jacksons for like 45 minutes and then at the end it goes.. "Oh and then he released Thriller" *That clip of him turning around and singing the chorus of Thriller comes on* "And it is the biggest album ever and that's why he's amazing...Goodnight."

I mean "Off The Wall" is lucky because it came before Thriller so it tends to get talked about in documentaries. The other albums are just doomed.

When I'm watching a documentary on MJ and it talks about his personal life and calls him *****.

When people do not aknowledge that he is the biggest selling recording artist of all time.

Whenever there's a news report about Michael and they ALWAYS so the balcony incident with Blanket.

It pisses me off because it happened almost 10 years go and these people just can't get over it! Michael made a mistake! The media goes on and on about it like it only happened a few days ago but it happened almost 10 years ago! There are parents out there who beat, molest and even murder they're own kids. People should be focusing on things like that instead of some mistake that Michael made almost 10 years ago! It's just beating a dead horse

It happened almost 10 years ago, Michael made a mistake. GET OVER IT!

All of the above, and something that's popped up in my mind just now: them picking some of the worst shots of him ever, always the same 5 or 6 shots of him from bad angles and what not, when there are literally so many of them simply beautiful. When they're often showing him heading towards the court - like that is something very Jacksonesque about it and other bull lie that. And the fact that he is rarely shown in pictures in his earlier eras, maybe including the Bad era, it's like they're excluding him in a way around that time in pictures, yet they keep on talking about his 'Thriller' and show really the same ol' footage of him around that time. There are so many other footage and images and shows to choose from. And I don't really buy the "Well, that's all we got to show" excuse they might bring, they're doing it on purpose.

Pretty much MJ ''documentaries'' are the same

They show a clip of The Jackson 5 performing I Want You Back
Then they show a clip from the Thriller video. Completly skipping over a good chunk of his life
Then they mention all the plasic sugery and skin colour change (because of vitiligo)
Then they call everything that MJ did after Thriller a flop and a faluire
Then the 1993 allegations are mentioned
Then the balcony incident with Blanket is mentioned
Then the 2005 trial is mentioned
Then (this is when MJ was alive) the show would end with some ''music expert'' claiming that Michael was not capable of making a come back

It's just so damn predictible

Then they show a clip from the Thriller video. Completly skipping over a good chunk of his life
Then they mention all the plasic sugery and skin colour change (because of vitiligo)
Then (this is when MJ was alive) the show would end with some ''music expert'' claiming that Michael was not capable of making a come back

Yep! TOO true! I can always predict what they will say/show next.

*When haters make a ridiculous claim such as he didn't have vitiligo or he was guilty of the charges and say their source is "everybody knows" but when I mention the evidence or recently, the FBI files and the autopsy results they say "don't believe everything you read."

WTF. That is laughable.

Last edited:
Yep! TOO true! I can always predict what they will say/show next.

*When haters make a ridiculous claim such as he didn't have vitiligo or he was guilty of the charges and say their source is "everyone body knows" but when I mention the evidence or recently, the FBI files and the autopsy results they say "don't believe everything you read."

WTF. That is laughable.

Oh yeah that is laughable. Another argument that haters use is ''Oh well O.J Simpson was found innocent when he was guilty so the same thing applies for Michael Jackson''

I really really hate that. What the hell as O.J Simpson got to do with Michael Jackson anyway?!

^ I meant to write everybody and I wrote everyone body. LOL.

There are countless of annoying things. Here is another :

*When you mention all the money Michael has donated to charity and haters say "oh he's so rich, money doesn't mean anything to him.." WTF Well, he didn't have to give away a penny and he could have just paid off debts with that $350 or so million.

Another one i've heard from haters is this

''Oh he just threw some money to a few childrens hospitals and then possed for the camera to make himself look good. He didn't really care''

Which makes me laugh because MJ himself had always said ''Chairty is from the heart and you shouldn't wave a flag and say look at me, look what i'm doing''

People saying he bleached his skin or wanted to be white, Oprah, the media using footage of Michael's trial when they're talking about Murray's trial, and pushing the drug addict thing. So annoying. Ok, I think the definition of pet peeve is the media! Also when they make hidden snide comments, even when they're supposedly saying something positive about Michael. Like this for example

or this

Yeah, that really annoys me.

*When the vitiligo problem isn't mentioned but that he wanted to change his colour on purpose is (which is big b.s.)
*His generous help and contributions are ignored.
*Albums after Thriller are NEVER mentioned.

you are so right!that annoys me very much too:doh:!Michael helped so many people and had so many wonderfull albums:D

*When an uneducated blind idiot says "Michael Jackson is not an icon." Yes. I have heard that from my previous english TEACHER. Sad.

*When an uneducated blind idiot says "Michael Jackson is not an icon." Yes. I have heard that from my previous english TEACHER. Sad.
you wanna buy him a book called icons thats in asda uk,guess who it has on the front cover?yes you guessed it our michael,noone else just a big picture of michael on the front,

---whenever somebody mimics what they think is his voice. They makes sounds that are too high-pitched and too weak. His voice, I mean, in public, was not that high-pitched nor weak. Soft, for sure, though. And he was not the only male celebrity with such a gentle voice tone, but he seems to be the only one to get picked on:smilerolleyes: Someone who's not Michael Jackson talks in a soft voice, sometimes they're called "ladies man" or "pimps"(as a praise, of course). But when it comes to his voice, it's something for some to poke fun about.
Even those who knew him on a personal level are not exceptions doing it. It's a lot less likely that they do it making fun of him deep down than when others do it, but they better think twice. I'd really like them to stop doing it altogether, as long as they think they're his true friends.

Last edited:
Whenever there's a news report about Michael and they ALWAYS so the balcony incident with Blanket.

It pisses me off because it happened almost 10 years go and these people just can't get over it! Michael made a mistake! The media goes on and on about it like it only happened a few days ago but it happened almost 10 years ago! There are parents out there who beat, molest and even murder they're own kids. People should be focusing on things like that instead of some mistake that Michael made almost 10 years ago! It's just beating a dead horse

It happened almost 10 years ago, Michael made a mistake. GET OVER IT!

Yes, THAT! The day after Michael passed me and some other fans were interviewed on a tv show where they interviewed some famous people as well. After they spent 15 minutes discussing his plastic surgery they then moved on to the 'Blanket incident'. A fan/friend sitting next to me interrupted the show by saying she found it absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful to be discussing the things they were talking about, and she added that surely Michael must have realized it was not a smart thing to do.

I then added that while they were so busy discussing these things, they COMPLETELY forgot to mention the millions Michael donated to charity and the good things he has done.

Edit: to view the clip copy and paste this (yes, everything) into your browser:

http://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/Video-detail.628.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=11739&tx_ttnews[backPid]=626&tx_ttnews[cat]=148&kalender=1246024920&cHash=ab24762e30

Last edited:
Yes, THAT! The day after Michael passed me and some other fans were interviewed on a tv show where they interviewed some other people as well. After they spent 15 minutes discussing his plastic surgery they then moved on to the 'Blanket incident'. A fan/friend sitting next to me interrupted the show by saying she found it absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful to be discussing the things they were talking about, and she added that surely Michael must have realized it was not a smart thing to do.

I then added that while they were so busy discussing these things, they COMPLETELY forgot to mention the millions Michael donated to charity and the good things he has done.

Another thing which makes me sick about all that is whenever the media would show a clip of it they would always slow the footage down and put sinister music over it

Last edited:
Another thing which makes me sick about all that is whenever the media would so a clip of it they would always slow the footage down and put sinister music over it

Oh! That! They make it last like 10 seconds when it was 2 seconds.

*When new people are called KOP.

When people say that Michael didn't compose any of his own music just because he didn't/couldn't play any instruments.

What these people fail to understand is that being able to play an instrument does not make you creative. Someone could be the greatest multi-instrumentalist in the world and still be a crap songwriter. So the whole thing about ''You need to know how to play an instrument to compose a song'' is just bull

Also an instrument is just a tool to help bring a song to life. Instruments don't compose music. People do

Last edited:
ALL of the above again. Plus: when they always show him on stage doing the.. too tired moonwalk (like that was the only real remarkable, memorable thing about his dancing), his Billie Jean routine and at most some same HIStory and Dangerous tour shots, as though they've never heard/come across those from previous tours, and even of him as a Jackson 5 member ('xcept the I want you back/ABC medley...). It completely irritates me seeing how much they're intentionally limiting him and his talent. ...

It also vexes me a great deal to hear some say - those who are barely familiar with anything outside his name, Michael Jackson - stuff like, 'Oh, what he was that famous for?', or, 'What's so memorable about him?.. I mean, some of his dancing.. but his singing, I can't think of anything remarkable/memorable about his singing'.... Wow. 0..0 You feel like slapping oneself silly when you hear such ignorance.

Absolute neglect for classic masterpieces like Dangerous, HIStory, Invincible, Bad and Off The Wall. "Let's just talk about Thriller, It's got Billie Jean on it!"

Annoy's me so much...!!

When people say that Michael didn't compose any of his own music just because he didn't/couldn't play any instruments.

What these people fail to understand is that being able to play an instrument does not make you creative. Someone could be the greatest multi-instrumentalist in the world and still be a crap songwriter. So the whole thing about ''You need to know how to play an instrument to compose a song'' is just bull

Also an instrument is just a tool to help bring a song to life. Instruments don't compose music. People do

To add to that, Michael's voice was his instrument. Not just by singing, but by producing sounds. I have far more admiration for someone being able to mimic sounds of instruments than someone who can actually play an instrument.

To add to that, Michael's voice was his instrument. Not just by singing, but by producing sounds. I have far more admiration for someone being able to mimic sounds of instruments than someone who can actually play an instrument.

Yes. Michael was an instrument on legs

When the media says that the Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean was MJ greatest perfomance ever. It's a great performance but his greatest? I don't think so. Infact when you compare the Motown 25 performances of Billie Jean to his later performances you can see that his Motown 25 performance was one his his weakest.

An iconic performance yes but his greatest? No

Oh and by the way i love seeing celebrities go on and on about how great the moonwalk was on Motown 25. Imagine if they saw a Moonwalk from the Dangerous tour? They'd be rushed into hospital due to the shock of the epic awesomeness lol

Back