Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Thanks Smooth.

I really DO believe, but in fact it's kinda impossible that we'll get new album this year. Let's see... BEP shared their new album cover yesterday, Kanye West has shared his album cover as well, the same with Rihanna... They're releasing new albums this year and we can listen to new singles, watch new videos and we know songs' titles.

We've got nothing. That really makes me confused.

Agree....

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Agree....

So it's far-fetched to think that we will not get an album this year because the cover art has not been released yet? That makes no sense to me...

Remember what ele74 said in post #2755 of this thread --

About the deadline to be in time for the end of November, don't worry. It's far away. Sony can put the album in stores in a couple of weeks or so.... after 10 November and no specific news about the project we'll know that November release has gone. (hoping to know something specific before )
Probably, the best result of this situation could be the single and the album will be out near same time.... we'll see....

Personally, I'm hoping for November 30th. I think it'd be very cool to have the new album released the same day as Thriller... and a cool promotional tie-in as well.

What?! You dared to joke? How could you? Do you realize that because of your joke we had to smile!! Don't do that man! This is a serious thread :mat:

I'M SORRY I'LL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

seriously I had no idea.. *sniff* *sniff*.. please forgive me :(

I'M SORRY I'LL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

seriously I had no idea.. *sniff* *sniff*.. please forgive me :(

The evil you've done is unforgivable, but anyway, we forgive you.

So it's far-fetched to think that we will not get an album this year because the cover art has not been released yet? That makes no sense to me...

You know, i'm just wondering. If sony wants promote new album with all strenght, why can't we see billboards, advertisements etc now? People who aren't interested in Michael Jackson don't know new album is coming. How can they know?

Remember what ele74 said in post #2755 of this thread --

About the deadline to be in time for the end of November, don't worry. It's far away. Sony can put the album in stores in a couple of weeks or so.... after 10 November and no specific news about the project we'll know that November release has gone. (hoping to know something specific before )
Probably, the best result of this situation could be the single and the album will be out near same time.... we'll see....

Personally, I'm hoping for November 30th. I think it'd be very cool to have the new album released the same day as Thriller... and a cool promotional tie-in as well.

Agree again....I think people need to stop thinking that everything MUST go on schedule.....We all know the way Thriller was released, and the last minute scrapping of the album.......There's time.....Until we get some stuff rolling, we don't know if it'll come out this year or not...But I still believe it will..

thanks smooth.Iam positive and believe tha this year we will have the album.Maybe december but this year

You know, i'm just wondering. If sony wants promote new album with all strenght, why can't we see billboards, advertisements etc now? People who aren't interested in Michael Jackson don't know new album is coming. How can they know?

In my opinion, there's a few reasons. The second half of 2009 and early part of 2010 were full-on MJ mania. That level could not continue, and did not need to continue, so that the general public would not get burnt out on the brand. Things have been very silent the last few months, and when the announcement comes, it'll get things rolling all over again.

Secondly, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that MJ is unfortunately no longer with us. With a normal album, they would do a lot of pre-release advertising... put up billboards, float life-size statues down rivers, release hints and teasers here and there, then once the album comes out, the artist would be in full-on promotion mode. In this album's case, that is not possible. Sure, collaborators and producers will be around to give interviews, make statements, etc. but we all know that's not the same as having MJ himself.

Lastly, it's likely going to be going on sale during the biggest shopping time of the year. It's a new Michael Jackson album -- who ISN'T going to pick that up as a Christmas gift when it's on every end-cap at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.? They'll get the biggest bang for their advertising and marketing buck by focusing the promotion during this release period.

The information from my source on Tuesday was that the album announcement was only days away, and that both the estate and Sony were in the process of agreeing on a release date that will give everyone enough time to finalize a few things and get it into production. The good news is that the release WILL be in 2010, and that's what everyone has been striving for.

The analogy I was told on Tuesday was this: "pretend this album was like a huge nine course meal being prepared, the stage we are at now is sprinkling the salt and pepper onto the food".

I was told the estate has been working extra hard on everything, making sure the album has a modern flow, and that no songs will be considered "unfinished" when fans and critics listen to it for the first time. At this time there is NO final date that has been decided upon but the idea is still to get it out in late November or early December.

The marketing on this album will be very different compared to other albums from alive artists. Sony does plan to make this a big bang with television specials, interviews, ads on billboards, television, and radio, plus promotional campaigns with big US retailers to tie in Michael Jackson's Vision.

Things are still ready for this year, so while I understand many peoples patience have been tested (mine included), the wait is nearly over.

As I hear more information, I'll be posting it here ASAP. There is another meeting next week on the album and in my opinion that's when the big announcement will come.

*Disclaimer: please do not take this information as gospel but rather as an indication of what is going on within Sony Music USA at this time. It is your ultimate choice as to whether you believe it or not. Thank you
Cool..... :)

Waiting.... :timer:

:cry:

What amazes me how Thriller did so well back in them days with regard to promotion or just simple news of the album. No MJJC, internet, mobiles, email, and even fax machines weren't around until the late 80's, just imagine what life was like then, the only way we would have known of an album release would of been through the music press like NME or or news broadcasts like teletext. I was only 12 when Thriller was released I can't remember how it worked back then can anyone recall.

I agree." Modern flow", what, they mean how music sounds like today?

This era is called "Shit Music Era".

Post of the day!

Sooooooo true....I just heard the new Black Eyed Peas' song this morning. I wanted to :puke:

I agree." Modern flow", what, they mean how music sounds like today?

This era is called "Shit Music Era".

If they will copy today's music styles they could very well title the album 'This Is Shit'... But I still hope there are at least some people who know what Michael wanted with his songs.

Pentum- What u wrote bout this music era is so true!

If you turn on the radio or turn on your music channel on your TV, you will instantly hear new songs with the "club feeling" mixed with either auto tune or dumb effects. Over and over again. I don't know what the music industry is trying to do.

Off topic, I know, sorry.

What amazes me how Thriller did so well back in them days with regard to promotion or just simple news of the album. No MJJC, internet, mobiles, email, and even fax machines weren't around until the late 80's, just imagine what life was like then, the only way we would have known of an album release would of been through the music press like NME or or news broadcasts like teletext. I was only 12 when Thriller was released I can't remember how it worked back then can anyone recall.

1) First time in history that the audience saw a video with intro - the middle - and the end as a short movie. -> revolutionized music industry

2) Billie Jean live - first time Mike did the moonwalk - people were mesmerized

3) MJ was first black artist on MTV, and what is more, he was not a rock singer, while MTV was a rock music tv.

4) Beat it -> first time funk and rock mixed in one song -> larger audience -> video with a real gang

5) Mike got burned severly during the pepsi commercial shooting, everyone thought he was going to die -> it boosted albums sales

With Thriller everything was new and fresh + the accident. The audience was huge thanks to all this promotion.

I'm surprised nothing leaked yet.

Well, if I were you I wouldn't wait for it to leak. I would immediately call a plumber before it's too late!

Honestly if I had a choice right here and now, I'd choose for a song to leak. We were being promised new music for years and years and years. I know we are probably getting an album soon, but if it were up to me? I wouldn't take no chances. I'd just leak something right now. that way we would know without any doubt or arguing that we were getting the chance to hear at least one more new song, before we got old and grey waiting.

just wanna hear sumthing new, hopfully the marketing will be off the wall!

Post of the day!

Sooooooo true....I just heard the new Black Eyed Peas' song this morning. I wanted to :puke:

This era isn't any worse or any better than any other era. Hell when MJ was huge during the 80's do you know what a lot of people who weren't teenagers said back then?

they said "all music now days sucks. It's not like it used to be."

You know what they said during the 90's? And the 00's? The same thing they will say about the 20teens.

Every era has good music and bad music. No era is any better really. The industry does try hard to hire good people to make good beats and melodies for the music they put out there.

The information from my source on Tuesday was that the album announcement was only days away, and that both the estate and Sony were in the process of agreeing on a release date that will give everyone enough time to finalize a few things and get it into production. The good news is that the release WILL be in 2010, and that's what everyone has been striving for.

The analogy I was told on Tuesday was this: "pretend this album was like a huge nine course meal being prepared, the stage we are at now is sprinkling the salt and pepper onto the food".

I was told the estate has been working extra hard on everything, making sure the album has a modern flow, and that no songs will be considered "unfinished" when fans and critics listen to it for the first time. At this time there is NO final date that has been decided upon but the idea is still to get it out in late November or early December.

The marketing on this album will be very different compared to other albums from alive artists. Sony does plan to make this a big bang with television specials, interviews, ads on billboards, television, and radio, plus promotional campaigns with big US retailers to tie in Michael Jackson's Vision.

Things are still ready for this year, so while I understand many peoples patience have been tested (mine included), the wait is nearly over.

As I hear more information, I'll be posting it here ASAP. There is another meeting next week on the album and in my opinion that's when the big announcement will come.

*Disclaimer: please do not take this information as gospel but rather as an indication of what is going on within Sony Music USA at this time. It is your ultimate choice as to whether you believe it or not. Thank you

A couple of months ago this would of had me SO EXCITED..but now it just makes me think 'meh'. An announcement has been "coming soon", "coming very soon" and "coming so soon" for the past two or so months. Now its really old. Will we get the announcement this week? Nah probably not. Im done with getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Facebook update from MJStar:

"MJSTAR - Album announcement expected soon..."

Whether that means TODAY? No idea...

Back