Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Just wondering!! why do so many pre order the album (taking a chance of it not coming in on time) instead of going to the local electronic store or some place like walmart/target and buy it ASAP? especially since walmart is 24/7 and you can get it at midnight the night before?? Is it fear of it being sold out at the store?? Cuz thats very unlikely people usually don't buy the actual physical discs anymore..

Just wondering!! why do so many pre order the album (taking a chance of it not coming in on time) instead of going to the local electronic store or some place like walmart/target and buy it ASAP? especially since walmart is 24/7 and you can get it at midnight the night before?? Is it fear of it being sold out at the store?? Cuz thats very unlikely people usually don't buy the actual physical discs anymore..

I'm doing both. I preordered on iTunes for my computer and iPhone, but will be buying the CD at either Target or Best Buy when it comes out here on Tuesday.

wishing so badly now that i didn't pre order. it doesnt look like its coming today. and its in the shops already. cant afford to buy myself 2 copies...

built up my hopes for today so that they would come crashing down right now.
was so upset i started crying. i feel a little stupid for crying but i guess that's just how much michael means to me and to all of us
this sux so badly

I think preordering mainly is just fun. It's like you already own the album a little bit, even though it hasn't arrived yet. It's part of the anticipation, but you're right it might be wiser to just go to the store and buy it if you want to be sure to get it on time.

I was wondering this also. I'm just going to buy it at Target or Best Buy the morning of the 14th. I don't think albums ever get sold out in stores anymore with more and more people buying digital downloads instead of CDs.

I was wondering this also. I'm just going to buy it at Target or Best Buy the morning of the 14th. I don't think albums ever get sold out in stores anymore with more and more people buying digital downloads instead of CDs.

For me there is a good chance the album comes today or tomorrow, i work Monday to Friday so going to buy the cd on the Monday release day would be a no as the shop would be shut by the time i finish work.

'Hold My Hand' is making a lot of upwards movement on the iTunes charts again - possibly due to the video (finally!) being released. Here are some placings/movements worthy of note;

# 6 SPAIN
#10 UK
#11 NEW ZEALAND (+9)
#11 ITALY
#11 DENMARK
#13 GERMANY
#15 BELGIUM
#16 NORWAY (+23!)
#18 LUXEMBOURG (+33!)
#26 CANADA
#28 MEXICO (+18)
#31 FINLAND (NEW)

'HMH' seems to be on the way up in nearly all countries listed.

I pre-order because usually it's delivered before the release date.

I was wondering the same thing :scratch: If I were to pre-order from Amazon, I wouldn't get it on day of release....I always just physically go and by the CD on day of release :D

I pre-ordered mine and had an email saying it had been dispatched on Wednesday so I'm hopeful it will be here today or tomorrow. I won't be able to get to a shop to buy it until Monday night.

'Hold My Hand' is making a lot of upwards movement on the iTunes charts again - possibly due to the video (finally!) being released. Here are some placings/movements worthy of note;

# 6 SPAIN
#10 UK
#11 NEW ZEALAND (+9)
#11 ITALY
#11 DENMARK
#13 GERMANY
#15 BELGIUM
#16 NORWAY (+23!)
#18 LUXEMBOURG (+33!)
#26 CANADA
#28 MEXICO (+18)
#31 FINLAND (NEW)

'HMH' seems to be on the way up in nearly all countries listed.

HMH #8 IN UK! New Peak now !wow! good job UK

I preordered and went to the shop today and bought it.

What a great album. Amazing.

I just read on this site:
http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlboul...uwsfeed/2010/week49/novum_12_10_2010_0452.xml

(which is in dutch and from an entertainment show)

That Sony has announced that the new album has already recieved a Gold disc over here since it has sold 30.000 copies in Holland.
It just got officially released so that is amazing!

Now I don't know where I can double check if this is true but the show has never previously been wrong about things like this.
Hoepfully they will talk about it tonight on the show.
Also hopefully this kind of news will be coming from other countries soon as well. :)

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlboul...uwsfeed/2010/week49/novum_12_10_2010_0452.xml

That Sony has announced that the new album has already recieved a Gold disc over here since it has sold 30.000 copies in Holland.

Now I don't know where I can double check if this is true but the show has never previously been wrong about things like this.
Also hopefully this kind of news will be coming from other countries soon as well. :)

More great news !! Keep them coming. :lol:

Wow! This is impressive :clapping:

The album is #2 in Dutch iTunes.

Back