Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

about the symbol, now I really feel that loka should be unbanned, because she was screaming about this so loudly that it was probably her that Sony heard and took action. lol
ya :lol:

The dude that initials start with RF that started the mess about the vocals not being real that can't be posted on here! Just did another article that says that the vocals ARE REAL! Like no sh*t Sherlock Holmes! lol He also mentions other titles that might be on the album!? I'm only mentioning this since he was the one that really started the mess by reporting this crap in the first place from whom ever he got it from? And now he is saying other wise! LOL

so they removed Prince's love symbol? good! not that it bothered so much lol it was just weird

777 I like your adjustments... What do you think of the sholders?

Thank you! I also think that the shoulders look strange, but I only modified the neck a bit: if you look at the original, the head doesn't fit to the body, it looksa bit as it is "floating"... so I made the neck a bit wider to compensate this effect (look at my signature. That's my version of the cover).

777, I agree, yours is way better. He looks more like HIM. I hope Sony sees this!

Oh no, there's more trouble on the horizon:

CloseUp.jpg

@moderators: could you please keep updated first post of this thread with news/updates (not articles about new album)? (with snippets/downloads/prince's logo removed and so on).

We're going to be using the News thread for all official updates. The only concern I have about posting the YT uploads in plain view is that Sony sees and pulls them down.

777, I agree, yours is way better. He looks more like HIM. I hope Sony sees this!

Yes, the real one doesn't look like Michael. It looks weird... That's the first I thought as I saw it. It doesn't depicts Michael's beauty at all. I also hope Sony sees it and change the cover! Looking at the actual one is disgusting. Maybe there is someone here who is in touch with Sony (Damien? Smooth?) and can make them aware that a better looking Michael on the cover will not only be more fair to Michael's looks but also push the album's sales. Here is again a link to my version:

I corrected the position (and form) of the eyes, the lips, the shadows, the form of the cheeks (via correcting the shadows), made the neck and the front a bit wider and also corrected the mouth of the "thriller-michael" which was too big.

Last edited:

777, I love the changes you made! It looks great. Is there anyway you or someone else could submit it to Sony/Estate so they can see how much better it would look with a few changes? They obviously haven't started printing yet if they took the Prince symbol out.

Thank you very much! I really hope Sony notices that Michael looks strange on the actual cover and modify it. After that, this album will be ready for making HIStory! :)

Ginnyjackson I am not sure but I am guessing you saw the one 777 posted, that is not the official one. The official one is on MichaelJackson.com

I want a copy with 777's tweaks or maybe the artist can touch it up to look nicer... Most of the photos they did of him are awesome, the one of Thriller and the center shot are the only two I'm not crazy about. I paint so I hate to be critical and overall they did an amazing job. Michael deserves better though, I hope they put more time into it. I noticed yesterday the Tshirt said it was not the final image so I think they had something in the works all along.

777 saved me some work if it stays the same then maybe I can bootleg his photo shopped version and put it with the CD when it comes out 'cause the center shot makes me not want to look at it even though the painting is so phenomenal.

Thank you for your comments. If Sony doesn't change the cover I also intend to replace the actual cover on my CD with my version after buying it. Otherwise I wouldn't stand looking at it everytime I want to play the CD :) I also hate to criticise someone's elses job and I think the artist of the cover has a lot of great jobs on his website, but Michael and his fans deserve a better looking cover.

When I first saw the cover, I thought it was nice. Now that I see 777's version, it's really weird to look at the original version...just doesn't seem right, especially the big center picture. :ermm:

777, yours is just perfect, that is really Michael :wub: I hope they go for your picture, I love it :clapping:

I just found an online shop that says the release date will be Dec 10 here, I'm so happy :wild: Christmas will come too weeks earlier this year! :D

I bet Sony watches this forum very closely...
Why else would they remove that logo?

And Michaels left eye in 777s version looks weird, it is too big

Seriously, the people who constantly COMPLAIN and diss every one's every move ruin the whole mood in here(in reference to people who complain over a 43 second preview). Get a grip.

P.S.

It's already amazing and I can't wait for our legends to top the charts - AGAIN.

I think they could've added something else in the bubble, since it's now empty.

When I first saw the cover, I thought it was nice. Now that I see 777's version, it's really weird to look at the original version...just doesn't seem right, especially the big center picture. :ermm:

777, yours is just perfect, that is really Michael :wub: I hope they go for your picture, I love it :clapping:

Thanks! I also hope they change the cover :) By the way: I don't think that my version is perfect. I just tried to improve the real cover and make people aware that Michael looks strange on it.

I like the cover except for the shadow that on his face make his eyes look like one is higher then the other! So u guys are right! Also the picture of MJ from the thriller video mouth is way to big when u compare is to the original pic!

The Prince symbol... well glad it's gone! I am surprise they didn't add Madonna cone bra for all that! lol Eddie Murphy head and Jordan Jersey # 23 I don't get either! They didn't influence MJ! How?...musically? Nope! They were ft. in his video is all and he was friends with Eddie!

I say if they want to put Eddie, Jordan & Martin Luther King then they better put Berry Gordy, Diana Ross and Liz Taylor too then! Make more sense! Oh well, We will see what they will continue to fix if they do and the rest of the cover when and if it folds out to reveal more? I HOPE!

oh gawd..I can't stop listening to it. Hurry up Monday!! :D

I just heard this - and I don't have time to go through all the pages, so if you already know. Well.. Too bad, haha :D

1. The Prince symbol has been REMOVED from the cover, according to:
http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/11/05/prince-involved-in-new-michael-jackson-release/

AND it has been removed from the cover in the online store:
http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/michael-jackson/pages/5709473/

OMFG! (Thanks for tweeting the news to @MJJNews)

2. Tweet from Damien Shields:
"MJEXCLUSIVE: Legendary Australian guitarist Tommy Emmanuel is featured on the track "MUCH TOO SOON" from Michael Jackson's new album MICHAEL"

A new track title! "Much Too Soon". Well, that title certainly makes it sound like he knew what was coming, huh? :-S

Hmm, the album isn't on Amazon.co.uk?

I want to order from Amazon.co.uk instead of Amazon.com, since .co.uk has cheaper shipping (we're both in Europe).

A new track title! "Much Too Soon". Well, that title certainly makes it sound like he knew what was coming, huh? :-S

Well, "Much Too Soon" is an old track. It's been known for a long while that there is a track with this name. I think the song is from 1981. Maybe Michael re-recorded it recently?

Hmm, the album isn't on Amazon.co.uk?

I want to order from Amazon.co.uk instead of Amazon.com, since .co.uk has cheaper shipping (we're both in Europe).

Hmv in the uk ship to Europe & you can pre order it there.Like Amazon they don't take your money until shipping.So if you find cheaper it won't be a problem cancelling your order as long as it has not shipped.

Well, "Much Too Soon" is an old track. It's been known for a long while that there is a track with this name. I think the song is from 1981. Maybe Michael re-recorded it recently?

Really? Sounds cool! Either that, or it could be completely new. No way to know untill we get out hands on a copy of that disc, haha! Omg, I just can't wait! :wild:

1981? God, I hope not.

I was hoping it would all be post-Invincible songs.

Back