Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

The fish is wearing a crown as in the King of Pop. Maybe it represents MJ being in a fish bowl with everyone watching his every move.

No idea if this is accurate or more BS, but I found this supposed track listing on another forum, listed in the form of a YouTube vid:

That was uploaded in August.

The fish is wearing a crown as in the King of Pop. Maybe it represents MJ being in a fish bowl with everyone watching his every move.

Gin i think u maybe right bout that

Ginnyjackson I am not sure but I am guessing you saw the one 777 posted, that is not the official one. The official one is on MichaelJackson.com

I want a copy with 777's tweaks or maybe the artist can touch it up to look nicer... Most of the photos they did of him are awesome, the one of Thriller and the center shot are the only two I'm not crazy about. I paint so I hate to be critical and overall they did an amazing job. Michael deserves better though, I hope they put more time into it. I noticed yesterday the Tshirt said it was not the final image so I think they had something in the works all along.

777 saved me some work if it stays the same then maybe I can bootleg his photo shopped version and put it with the CD when it comes out 'cause the center shot makes me not want to look at it even though the painting is so phenomenal.

Rodney Jerkins (DarkChild) didn't work on the album!!
He tweeted this:
Been getting alot of twits about MJ's lp. Just wanted to let everyone know that I did not work on this particular album. Thx, Rj

Which sucks because I like his stuff. Oh well.

yeh i liked the work rodney jenkins did with invincible, even though that album could have been a lil better

So that means, this whole time, people were calling other people liars and such because some of the statements didn't match up with producers tweets...Over a totally different album? :doh:

am happy prince symbol has been removed,It would prevent lots arguements and controversies,they probably heard from his lawyers

I don't care if the prince symbol was there or not. Maybe because I am myopic, I never saw it. lol

I just can't wait for the new album (no matter what the Jackson family says about fake voices or ect) I am thrilled by "Breaking News". It feels like Michael never left us :)

Am I the only one who feels this way?

--- From today TMZ Live Q & A Harvey Levin comments on the album

Q = Do you think MJ's songs are real?

Harvey = Do I think they are real? Yes. So here's the thing. I know somebody who has listened to the entire album. they say this album is unbelievably good. Like unbelievably good. Dare I say that this could be in Thriller territory.

TMZ staff member = wow

Harvey = Yeah because think about it, it's not a limitless commodity anymore. Michael Jackson is dead, so there's only gonna be so many songs. and people have an appetite for it right now. and this album is apparently is awesome. not just good but like really really good.

TMZ staff member = you mean sales will approach thriller?

Harvey= that's what I'm saying.

TMZ staff member = you don't mean the quality of the album.

Harvey = well all I know is I talked to someone who said it's unbelievably good. I don't know about the quality, thriller is so unbelievable but I'm talking about sales. I'm just saying that I think that this thing is going to sell off the charts. And I hear it's just great. Great. And it's not like retried(?) Michael Jackson, it's really interesting great stuff I heard.

--- Another comment from today TMZ Live Q & A Harvey Levin comments on the vocals

Q = With all the hoopla about the validity of the upcoming MJ album, I was curious if there will be any legal ramifications for Sony if it's found out that a) MJ wasn't actually the singer or b) if they found out that Sony enhanced some parts?

Harvey = It's him. Look guys it's him. He was in this house for 4 months recording these songs. It's him. This is JFK conspiracy theory stuff but it's absolutely Michael Jackson. I mean everyone that I talked to, there are people who listened to this who are experts. It's him.

TMZ Staff Member (another lawyer) = but if Sony was to defraud the public it would be a bad thing for them.

Harvey = but it's him.

---------------------------------

See even Harvey Levin (who cannot be classified as a fan of MJ) can be real positive and supportive about this album.

From today TMZ Live Q & A Harvey Levin comments on the album

Harvey = Do I think they are real? Yes. So here's the thing. I know somebody who has listened to the entire album. they say this album is unbelievably good. Like unbelievably good. Dare I say that this could be in Thriller territory.

TMZ staff member = wow

Harvey = Yeah because think about it it's not a limitless commodity anymore. Michael Jackson is dead, so there's only gonna be so many songs. and people have an appetite for it right now. and this album is apparently is awesome. not just good but like really really good.

Harvey = well all I know is I talked to someone who said it's unbelievably good. I don't know about the quality, thriller is so unbelievable but I'm talking about sales. I'm just saying that I think that this thing is going to sell off the charts. And I hear it's just great. Great. And it's not like retried Michael Jackson, it's really interesting great stuff I heard.

See even Harvey Levin (who cannot be classified as a fan of MJ) can be real positive and supportive about this album.

Wow... I cannot believe my eyes when I see the quotes from Havery Levine.

The album should be mind blowing amazing if somebody like Levine only has good things to say..

--- From today TMZ Live Q & A Harvey Levin comments on the album

TMZ staff member = wow

Harvey = Yeah because think about it, it's not a limitless commodity anymore. Michael Jackson is dead, so there's only gonna be so many songs. and people have an appetite for it right now. and this album is apparently is awesome. not just good but like really really good.

Harvey = well all I know is I talked to someone who said it's unbelievably good. I don't know about the quality, thriller is so unbelievable but I'm talking about sales. I'm just saying that I think that this thing is going to sell off the charts. And I hear it's just great. Great. And it's not like retried(?) Michael Jackson, it's really interesting great stuff I heard.

--- Another comment from today TMZ Live Q & A Harvey Levin comments on the vocals

Q = With all the hoopla about the validity of the upcoming MJ album, I was curious if there will be any legal ramifications for Sony if it's found out that a) MJ wasn't actually the singer or b) if they found out that Sony enhanced some parts?

Harvey = It's him. Look guys it's him. He was in this house for 4 months recording these songs. It's him. This is JFK conspiracy theory stuff but it's absolutely Michael Jackson. I mean everyone that I talked to, there are people who listened to this who are experts. It's him.

TMZ Staff Member (another lawyer) = but if Sony was to defraud the public it would be a bad thing for them.

Harvey = but it's him.

WOW! :eek: I'm happy that he was positive about the album. :wild:

Taj just tweeted this!!!
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Once again, completely inaccurate. http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/11/05/michael-jackson-new-album-video-teaser
3 minutes ago

What does he mean by that? :scratch:

Guys, I just realized something when I was going through the MJ pictures on my computer.

In this picture, Michael is wearing the same thing as on the new album. Thought it was interesting, I was like: HEY!

11voehe.jpg

The official response from Prince’s camp: “No permission was granted!”

Prince Involved In New Michael Jackson Release?

Sony Records began pre-selling the new MICHAEL release recently (CD and DVD).

The cover, designed by painter Kadir Nelson, is a collage of MJ pics and icons. If you look REALLY closely at the tiger on the right hand side, you’ll notice the Prince symbol floating in a glass orb. Yes, THAT Prince symbol.

Someone sent it to us and at first we thought it was a Photoshop hoax, but when you visit the Sony website and check out the album artwork, it’s very clearly there.

So was Prince involved somehow in one or more of the tracks on the new release? According to Sony, Kadir’s painting was created in 2009 and “takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.”

Whether Prince and MJ collaborated or Prince was just considered “important people” in MJ’s life remains to be seen. If there is a Prince/MJ collaboration, we definitely want to hear it!

To add to the mystery: Next Monday, November 8th, michaeljackson.com will world premiere “Breaking News,” a full track from the album. It was recorded in New Jersey in 2007.

Prince, want to clear this one up for us? -Dr.FB

UPDATE (1:45pm PST): The official response from Prince’s camp: “No permission was granted!”

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/11/05/prince-involved-in-new-michael-jackson-release/

Wow... I cannot believe my eyes when I see the quotes from Havery Levine.

The album should be mind blowing amazing if somebody like Levine only has good things to say..

lol...why do people go back and forth between saying tmz is trash, to, if the king of tmz says it's great, it must be mindblowing? lol...man..talk about making someone dizzy..

No more arguing... Lets celebrate

adgold.jpg

No news means nothing special to talk about... NEWS = publicity.. They talked bad about MJ all through his life and he kept outselling.. TMZ is just bringing more attention to Michaels new album! you can't have anything MJ related without negative press so don't sweat it. The music will speak for itself..

THE ART LIVES ON

no modding, dude..

i know the music always sells itself..

i always knew the music of MJ is good...i know it now...

I hope it's okay to ask this, but has anyone been able to turn the "Breaking News" teaser in to an MP3? I'd love to have it on in my car.

lol TMZ knew from the beginning it was MJ vocals! They were just doing what they do! Just like RF did! Shame some felt for it! Taj called RF out and now Harvey admits the truth that he knew already but, wanted attention to his site and copied what RF said! So Lame!

NOW...let's celebrate finally! And let the B.S Go! That should have never been paid attention to in the first place! PLEASE!

lol...why do people go back and forth between saying tmz is trash, to, if the king of tmz says it's great, it must be mindblowing? lol...man..talk about making someone dizzy..

It all depends on their source and the situation IMO. There's no rule that says we have to believe or reject everything they say- there could be a middle ground. For example: If they quote RF I wouldn't take it seriously but if they can back it up with documents, pictures and sources names etc I wouldn't reject it either.

btw if you watch to their live chats (which I admit I do) Harvey has taken a call from Branca, said that they have a 5 minute exclusive with the estate (they get the news 5 minutes before other media channels - they wrote the 250M deal with Sony 5 minutes before the other media) and recently when asked "who from TMZ has heard the full tracks of MJ singing" he smilingly said that " I got stuff to tell you as the day goes on". They do not hide that the estate is their source.

and you know media. wouldn't you agree that they have more to gain from the negative news (such continuing the vocals real or fake argument) and if they are saying something good that it might actually be good?

Back