Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

lol...why do people go back and forth between saying tmz is trash, to, if the king of tmz says it's great, it must be mindblowing? lol...man..talk about making someone dizzy..

Lol... i laughed at myself when seeing what i wrote. i guess i was just too shocked to see even the king of trashy tabloid said something positive.

well... i must say it's great to see something positive printed on a michael jackson project.

i agree with you. :agree: just because levine said it's great doesn't necesarry mean the album is mindblowing. i never trusted him before, i don't think i'll trust him ever. i trust michael's music. i'll wait and let the music speak for itself....

It all depends on their source and the situation IMO. There's no rule that says we have to believe or reject everything they say- there could be a middle ground. For example: If they quote RF I wouldn't take it seriously but if they can back it up with documents, pictures and sources names etc I wouldn't reject it either.

btw if you watch to their live chats (which I admit I do) Harvey has taken a call from Branca, said that they have a 5 minute exclusive with the estate (they get the news 5 minutes before other media channels - they wrote the 250M deal with Sony 5 minutes before the other media) and recently when asked "who from TMZ has heard the full tracks of MJ singing" he smilingly said that " I got stuff to tell you as the day goes on". They do not hide that the estate is their source.

and you know media. wouldn't you agree that they have more to gain from the negative news (such continuing the vocals real or fake argument) and if they are saying something good that it might actually be good?

no...to me the media is dead. but tmz has a unique ability. it gives people in here who want an excuse to bite other members' heads off, to do it with ease. it's just a lighting rod. and, to me, i don't need the media to tell me something is good...

more often than not, they give kiss up reviews to songs, and i listen to them, and i hate them..

they have caused me too much heartache and pain, to give them any solace, now. people in here like to argue, and no matter how much it's preached in here, everybody has a button that can easily be pushed. and tmz knows how to push it. as long as tmz is in here, your job is going to be hard. lol

i don't care about getting the scoop. usually, that changes, tomorrow.

if i'm the last person to know, at least my heart can be still..things are less likely to change, by then..

I love the beat of B.N. Can't wait to hear the FULL VERSION!
Omg, do you realize you have just taken us headlong into the era of new song abbreviations? :lol:

I think it will take me until Monday just to catch up in this thread. :D What I can say at this point is that I like it :yes:, although of course it's hard to have a solid opinion with such a short clip, lol. Can't wait until Monday!!!!!

so u think darkchild was working on a new version of invinicble, tht be cool, around next yr have a few more unheard tracks come out as singles aswell etc.

the estate know by putting Breaking News tht ppl will rip it and give them a new track to listen to, till the single and album come out.

its like saying hey every1 look at this!

for me the track sound like its gonna be epic, but untill we hear it all we dont know, but just hearing those beats a was dancing around like mj lol

Its been a year sense MJ been gone and all these things are droping left and right new Video Game, Album etc. I am not complaining I just feel sony and his estate needs to re-think what they are doing some times and I do understand all fans want new music from MJ I will to hear the rest of this track remeber me of the Dangerous Era just wish he was here to embrace us once again. The album cover is (mean=FLY)

You know what's really weird? I keep thinking the part of 'Breaking News' played at the end of the teaser sounds like the beginning of 'Just Lose it' by Eminem...Especially since this song was so rude to Mike :(

wonder when they will confirm the full tracklist, i hope its 12-14 songs.

if hold man hand is on it, a full mj version will be awesome.

no 1 has been mentioning Another day lately.

I love the beat of B.N. Can't wait to hear the FULL VERSION!

Omg, do you realize you have just taken us headlong into the era of new song abbreviations? :lol:

I think it will take me until Monday just to catch up in this thread. :D What I can say at this point is that I like it :yes:, although of course it's hard to have a solid opinion with such a short clip, lol. Can't wait until Monday!!!!!

Ooooooh, lemme me be the second to say B.N.- a new era of song abbreviation is dawning on us, that only the fans understand. FINALLY!!!
I am making Love until Dawn's broken and needs a weelchair, celebrating B.N.! :dancin:

Where is the big promo for this album? I wish the promo was a big as HISTORY! Do you all think it will be like that?

You know what's really weird? I keep thinking the part of 'Breaking News' played at the end of the teaser sounds like the beginning of 'Just Lose it' by Eminem...Especially since this song was so rude to Mike :(

YOu know that's a Epic fail for u right? Just saying like I feel what u saying but I really not trying to hear what u saying because Mentioning Eminem aka frutiygigglesjuicyblend isn't my cup of tea so its not even no where near TKOP teaser maybe if we heard gun shots fire and Em screaming at the begining

monday will be a big day, ppl will listen to B.N and write about it etc.

hopefully we get loads of promo, single and video. the album is dropping at a time, every1 will buy this for xmas as presents etc.

i love how it B.N its starts with a huge Bang, imagine hearing tht in a club

Dear God what have I started...LMAO

Anyway, in regards to Jerkins...I'm kinda glad he's not on the album. I kinda thought he brought Invincible down. Too many of his tracks on it IMO...and too similar in styles.

Can sony still make MJ short films with out MJ being in the video? They can still make short films like cartoon. Look at britney spears Break the ice music video was made into a cartoon.

YOu know that's a Epic fail for u right? Just saying like I feel what u saying but I really not trying to hear what u saying because Mentioning Eminem aka frutiygigglesjuicyblend isn't my cup of tea so its not even no where near TKOP teaser maybe if we heard gun shots fire and Em screaming at the begining

Don't really understand what you're saying. It just reminded me of the first 5 seconds of that song. (None of the trashy lyrics or anything, just the rhythm and beat)

marc_vivien said:

Woaaaaaaaaah.....what the heck is going on?? Estate vs. Sony? I thought they were both working together? Is this going to get ugly? :no:

Can sony still make MJ short films with out MJ being in the video? They can still make short films like cartoon. Look at britney spears Break the ice music video was made into a cartoon.

They probably could. I've always felt they could have done an animated music video for "Monkey Business", using the same technology The Gorillaz used for their big song/video "Feel Good Inc".

Hell they could hire an MJ impersonator to fill in for MJ in a video.

Look at the Elton John video where Justin Timberlake starred in as John himself

Man im loving the snippet of the new song. I must have played it over 50 times today. Gonna be big im sure..and its not even gonna be a single! :)

Any idea what hour Breaking News will be launched Monday on michaeljackson.com?

edit to remove

Last edited:
UPDATE (1:45pm PST): The official response from Prince’s camp: “No permission was granted. Sony Entertainment has removed the symbol.” – Dr.FB]

dupsy;3050233 said:
The official response from Prince’s camp: “No permission was granted!”

Prince Involved In New Michael Jackson Release?

Sony Records began pre-selling the new MICHAEL release recently (CD and DVD).

The cover, designed by painter Kadir Nelson, is a collage of MJ pics and icons. If you look REALLY closely at the tiger on the right hand side, you’ll notice the Prince symbol floating in a glass orb. Yes, THAT Prince symbol.

Someone sent it to us and at first we thought it was a Photoshop hoax, but when you visit the Sony website and check out the album artwork, it’s very clearly there.

So was Prince involved somehow in one or more of the tracks on the new release? According to Sony, Kadir’s painting was created in 2009 and “takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.”

Whether Prince and MJ collaborated or Prince was just considered “important people” in MJ’s life remains to be seen. If there is a Prince/MJ collaboration, we definitely want to hear it!

To add to the mystery: Next Monday, November 8th, michaeljackson.com will world premiere “Breaking News,” a full track from the album. It was recorded in New Jersey in 2007.

Prince, want to clear this one up for us? -Dr.FB

UPDATE (1:45pm PST): The official response from Prince’s camp: “No permission was granted!”

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/11/05/prince-involved-in-new-michael-jackson-release/

Can we get back to talking about the new Michael album please?

Lets not give the vultures the attention they crave.

Can we get back to talking about the new Michael album please?

Lets not give the vultures the attention they crave.

Yeah, there's another thread in the News section about the Opis Nine song. Plus since this was probably timed to derail the hype about the album (for whatever reason) maybe we should keep the conversations separate? I don't know, most mods still seem to be asleep! I wonder if this'll all have to get cleaned anyway.....

about the symbol, now I really feel that loka should be unbanned, because she was screaming about this so loudly that it was probably her that Sony heard and took action. lol

@moderators: could you please keep updated first post of this thread with news/updates (not articles about new album)? (with snippets/downloads/prince's logo removed and so on).

about the symbol, now I really feel that loka should be unbanned, because she was screaming about this so loudly that it was probably her that Sony heard and took action. lol

What action have Sony taken?

It's not Loka only,prince fans hated it as well and their screams were louder than Loka's

What action have Sony taken?

they removed the symbol from the album cover.

by the way, after this whole Prince symbol thing, I have a feeling that that story about the image of Oprah being on that painting might also be true.

Last edited:
Back