Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

is there really an excerpt of a speech by Michael? what does Michael say? I don't have access to iTunes USA. I want to hear Michael's speech!!! *bawls*

edit: miraculousy managed to listen to the preview. a tiny excerpt without Michael's voice. sounds like an average song at best, nothing spectacular.
What is this speech by Michael that's been talked about? :blink:

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

the new music drought continues unabated...

ok sorry didn't know what it was

Right, its 2010. Its been 9 years since a CD of unheard songs has been released. Get it out there already. We have waited long enough.

No politics, put the best songs on a CD and get it out there. Credit those who need crediting and then get it out there.

Branca adds that no decision has been made for a companion or soundtrack album to the show but that an album of unreleased Jackson material is being compiled for release either before the December holidays or in 2011.

http://www.billboard.com/events/mic...-soleil-tour-will-1004125226.story?tag=hpfeed

I think we're up for a early 2011 release for the album but I want it next month :)
Can someone tell me what's the maximum release date for a CD
Personally, I Don't think they release DVD's or Cd's by late december because of The Christmas days and so on... The album can be released the 18th of december or something like that... don't know..

Mark my words, the album will be delayed until next year.

If We Have Waited 4 Years For An announcement, Then We Can Wait Some More Days For It.

well I am still hoping for an December release anyway
Maybe tomorrow it will look all differently. Fingers crossed for next week....

lol always the picture of positivity lol

If we dont have any news in next week than i think album is delayed to 2011....

I want this album to be released this year. I can't wait till march 2011. :(

Am I the only one who's not frustrated by the latest development at all? Didn't John Branca said the album will be released before Christmas or in 2011? So, an album is definitely coming. If it comes before Christmas, great! It will be a wonderful Christmas gift. If not, I'll have to patiently wait. While waiting, I can always listen to Michael's amazing catalog or other artists' albums.

Giving tabloids your precious time just makes the wait worse than it is. Why do that? Why allow yourself to be deceived?

Furthermore, Cirque Du Soliel show announcement is released today. Let's embrace the good news and focus on the positivity! :cheers:

Let's embrace the good news and focus on the positivity! :cheers:

Right you are. :cheers:

I am a bit on the sad now, after Branca saying that, but im sick to death of the usual people starting negativity yet again. Still hoping for a DEC release as Branca says now, i still think if they cannot put out the album they should still put out a new single and tell us details. I wantthis to be a Michael xmas ! Come on Branca estate u know makes sense.

Think i will leave this thread for a bit and come back later in month.

T

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree. Lets focus on the positive rather than the negative. Sadly its a waiting game we cannot do much about.

Here's an idea. Have Seth riggs listen to the music. After 25 years as michaels voice coach he'll know

I'm so excited! If it doesn't come out before the year's end, hopefully it'll be out by February, so it can make a nice birthday gift!

This doesnt make any sense. Why would they not be able to instantly tell its Michael's voice? Thats why I dont believe it...

You hear Michael and you know its Michael, there shouldnt be any doubt.

This doesnt make any sense. Why would they not be able to instantly tell its Michael's voice? Thats why I dont believe it...

You hear Michael and you know its Michael, there shouldnt be any doubt.
Who said that's the reason the album hasn't been announced? That tabloid story is making the rounds fast

Re: Plans for brand new album to be released soon

^Sony is currently going through all the unreleased material and picking the strongest songs. They began this process a couple months ago and have been working with producers to get the full rights to the music, and in some cases, to get the producers to finish the tracks. This process will continue for the next month before everything comes together and a press release is issued sometime in late April or early May. Of course, the estate must approve the album. Expect TMZ to pick up on some of these back and forth communications from now into May. The goal right now, is to get a single out by June 25th for the 1 year anniversary of MJ's death to capitalize on the huge publicity that will come with the event. The release date of the album is tentatively set for the last two weeks of August. A final date has not been decided upon, but my source says look for something close to MJ's birthday.

As for the material, as I said, it's a mix of Invincible album cuts, 2003 recordings meant for a new album before the trial halted that project, plus tracks recorded after the trial between 2006 and 2009. There are at least two duets, one with Lenny Kravitz, and another unknown. It's hard to give any more info because nothing is set in stone on the track list, they are setting a minimum of 10 tracks with a maximum of 15.

With the original planned date of the release was August with a single release back in June, and here we are in November and no further forward, you have to think to yourself what can be so difficult, what is the problem. The whole thing is a shameful mess, from the Estate to these so called sources.

I've given up, had enough, I hold my hands in the air, I can't take this disappoint anymore, just so painful...I'll hold out for the Take That album and look forward to Xbox Kinect this Christmas.

Most of us (myself inculded) have grossly underestimated what it takes to release a Michael Jackson album. We thought, since the songs are recorded, the Estate just needed to pick 10 good songs, polish them up and call it a job done.

While it doesn't take long to print booklets, press discs and distribute them to retailers, it is indeed time consuming to get all the details straightened out and resolve all legal issues.

First, the Estate has to locate the songs, inventory them and register or copyright them.

Second, the Estate has to select songs that can potentially make the album, hire producers to work on the songs.

Third, the Estate has to resolve all contract and legal issues, that may be the most daunting task. Even if Michael penned all the songs himself, many people were involved in the recording sessions. I remember reading that the budget for a Michael Jackson album could be 10 times bigger than other artists. Michael involved many good muscians and even a whole orchastra in his recording sessions. To make matter more complicated, Michael recorded in many different studios in different countries the past few years. It's a challenge to track down every individual involved.

I'm not making excuse for the Estate. I'm just trying to say the Estate has done a tremendous job in handling all the business matters. I have no reason to believe this album is an exception.

If the delay is caused by unforseen roadblocks, then I'd rather the Estate spend the time to clarify everything than rushing the album out before the holidays.

Finally, could we all stop bring up the malicious rumor about "fake MJ vocals"? This lie is simply ridiculous. I mentioned it before and I'll mention again. The deal between Sony and the Estate is $250 million. Sony is not stupid. Before signing the contract, Sony must have heard at least snippets of the unreleased materials, Sony must be confident about the quality of the songs. Moreover, haven't we all seen footage of Michael in the studio recording with will.i.am and others? Didn't Michael say it himself that he never stop making music. Just like Sony, I'm confident there are very good songs Michael created in the vault.

With the original planned date of the release was August with a single release back in June, and here we are in November and no further forward, you have to think to yourself what can be so difficult, what is the problem. The whole thing is a shameful mess, from the Estate to these so called sources.

I've given up, had enough, I hold my hands in the air, I can't take this disappoint anymore, just so painful...I'll hold out for the Take That album and look forward to Xbox Kinect this Christmas.

Take a deep breath... If following "news" of the album is making you anxious, then may be it's a good idea for you to stay away from this thread for a while. Listen to albums released by other artists, such as Take That, enjoy the holidays and relax.

Your diappointment is not caused by the Estate or the informers, but your own expectation.

^^ This album has certainly not been rushed, they announced there would be an album due out this year back in February, after 10 months still no word of a release date or album title, to me they've dragged their heels on this, I said back in the summer there wouldn't be a release until next year, its just all b******t, and I'm tired of it all....god knows what this Oprah show will show...to me its back to the drawing board for the Estate.

lol guys.

first, why the tabloid said "fake MJ vocals"?? they don't need to post such thing like that, bcause we didn't even listen to that song. I mean, Those "Cascio tracks" aren't even leaked, so why did they discuss about fake songs that we didn't even listen to it???

second, i hope its 100% around November-December bcause I've waited so long since early 2010 to wait for this New Mj Album... i'll be sad... :(

Take a deep breath... If following "news" of the album is making you anxious, then may be it's a good idea for you to stay away from this thread for a while. Listen to albums released by other artists, such as Take That, enjoy the holidays and relax.

Your diappointment is not caused by the Estate or the informers, but your own expectation.

Well when someone or some company announces a Michael Jackson release this year you do tend to expect a album this year...its what you get from being a MJ fan for the last 42 years.

Ok, I have saved this post to my bookmarks and will bring this up again when the album is announced for early December.

^^ This album has certainly not been rushed, they announced there would be an album due out this year back in February, after 10 months still no word of a release date or album title, to me they've dragged their heels on this, I said back in the summer there wouldn't be a release until next year, its just all b******t, and I'm tired of it all....god knows what this Oprah show will show...to me its back to the drawing board for the Estate.

Have the Estate and Sony dragged their heels on This Is It, the film, the album and the DVD?

Have the Estate dragged their heels on the Opus?

Have the Estate dragged their heels on the Cirque Du Soleil Show?

Have the Estate dragged their heels on the video game and the on-line game?

Have the Estate dragged their heels when entering into the $250 million record deal with Sony?

Have the Estate dragged their heels when negotiating better terms for the Estate's financings?

Have the Estate dragged their heels when dealing with all the lawsuits against them?

Give credit when it is due. All the above projects are accomplished less than two years after Michael left us. John Branca, John McClain and other individuals working for the Estate are far from incompetent.

Brance said the album will be released either before Christmas or in 2011. Did he firmly say the album will NOT be released this year?

Lastly, what does the Oprah interview have anything to do with album production? Don't read tabloid junk.

Ok, I have saved this post to my bookmarks and will bring this up again when the album is announced for early December.

Screw announcements! Bring this back when the album is in our hands by early December :D

Well when someone or some company announces a Michael Jackson release this year you do tend to expect a album this year...its what you get from being a MJ fan for the last 42 years.

I envy you for being able to be a fan for 42 years. I always wish I was young enough to experience Michaelmania in the 80's.

But, like many have mentioned before. Delay is not a new concept in the world of Michael Jackson.

Dangerous was delayed. It was supposed to be released in 1990.

HIStory was also delayed.

Invincible was supposed to be released before the millenium.

Now, let's be fair. Other artists have delays in their project developments as well. Usher's new album was delayed for months. It's supposed to be released in last fall.

Back