Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

[youtube]9YXkveNXUuk[/youtube]

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

lol I love how they push him in when he's all dressed up and everything. Those home movies are so beautiful.

[youtube]6h7Pnw5hLy0&feature=related[/youtube]

These clips are better than all those fake Cascio songs! This thread should be clips of Michael, I saw that clip of Jason singing Cry Me A River earlier and I almost threw up.

@PENTUM or TPI Master, have you ever used Malachi's "Cry me a river" vocals? In it, he says "baby" with exactly the same intonation and husk as "breakin'" in "breaking news"!

[youtube]UAT2qjdwMwg[/youtube]

LISTEN TO THE WAY IT ISPRONOUNCED IN 0:44 !!!!!

These clips are better than all those fake Cascio songs! This thread should be clips of Michael, I saw that clip of Jason singing Cry Me A River earlier and I almost threw up.

I had to listen to all of Jason's songs repeatedly, even try to find more that weren't on his albums to compare with. Sometimes, for the "fun" of it, I even played a Jason song and a Cascio track at the same time in hopes that some notes sung on the two tracks would suddenly come together as identical for a new comaprison.

Talk about throwing up! :no:

;D

@PENTUM or TPI Master, have you ever used Malachi's "Cry me a river" vocals? In it, he says "baby" with exactly the same intonation and husk as "breakin'" in "breaking news"

I'm currently out of the comparison "business", due to lack of time. I will go back to them in a good month and start finding new ones. "Hopefully" more Cascio tracks will have leaked so I have more material to compare with.

I had to listen to all of Jason's songs repeatedly, even try to find more that weren't on his albums to compare with. Sometimes, for the "fun" of it, I even played a Jason song and a Cascio track at the same time in hopes that some notes sung on the two tracks would suddenly come together as identical for a new comaprison.

Talk about throwing up! :no:

;D

I'm currently out of the comparison "business", due to lack of time. I will go back to them in a good month and start finding new ones. "Hopefully" more Cascio tracks will have leaked so I have more material to compare with.

No problem, but have you just heard 0:44 part, when he says "baby"?

Last edited:

Hahaha....who made the 'in queens' tag? Lol

A little off-topic, but in the ad-libs at the very end of Who Is It, does anyone know if he's saying something like "Tired of, tired of, Strains of living, brother" or Stainge of a livin brotha, I can't find any transcription of the ad-libs and it goes by quickly and I just don't understand... Is it real words I want to know, please! :D This is a question that I've wondered for some time now and I would like some closure. :p

Taint of anotha brotha?

@PENTUM or TPI Master, have you ever used Malachi's "Cry me a river" vocals? In it, he says "baby" with exactly the same intonation and husk as "breakin'" in "breaking news"!

[youtube]UAT2qjdwMwg[/youtube]

LISTEN TO THE WAY IT ISPRONOUNCED IN 0:44 !!!!!
Of course, it's in my Rough Yoghurt comparison.

Taint of anotha brotha?
:eek: Is that what it is? If I'm doing a listen of it later and I hear that thank you so much!!!

You're amazing! See... what if you were still gone and couldn't have answered that for me? It would be very sad, indeed.

:eek: Is that what it is? If I'm doing a listen of it later and I hear that thank you so much!!!

You're amazing! See... what if you were still gone and couldn't have answered that for me? It would be very sad, indeed.

Somebody else would have answered :lmao:

Yes, yes, I am indeed invaluable ;) :lol:

That's what it sounds like to me......Other than that, it's likely just Jacksonese :D

Of course, it's in my Rough Yoghurt comparison.

Good. For me it was the first day today that I hear Jason singing "Cry me a river". And that particular word made me instantly think of a particular moment in Breaking News when he says "breakin" The voice and husk is 100% same!

^^ Can you explain 'husk'? :scratch:

@TPIMaster, what software did you use for the mix?

^^ Can you explain 'husk'? :scratch:

Michael had a typical husk. Think of a situation when a little boy tries to imitate a fast car engine. Michael had that husk effortlessly and naturally and it was much softer than an imitation of an engine of course.

It's difficult to explain. Some singers sometimes use their husky voice in their songs like Stevie Wonder, James Brown, and some other singers at particular moments in the songs, just like Malachi used in "cry me a river" at 0:44 when he said "baby". But Michael's husk was typical. Impossible to imitate. That's why I for example completely doubt the authencity of the Cascio tracks. It is not Michael's husk AT ALL.

Michael had a typical husk. Think of a situation when a little boy tries to imitate a fast car engine. Michael had that husk effortlessly and naturally and it was much softer than an imitation of an engine of course.

It's difficult to explain. Some singers sometimes use their husky voice in their songs like Stevie Wonder, James Brown, and some other singers at particular moments in the songs, just like Malachi used in "cry me a river" at 0:44 when he said "baby". But Michael's husk was typical. Impossible to imitate. That's why I for example completely doubt the authencity of the Cascio tracks. It is not Michael's husk AT ALL.

ahhh....Ok, I understand ...Thanks ;)

Jason's husk is obviously really weak then....It's all those voice prints you were talking about then right?....including pronunciation and timbre and what not...

Somebody else would have answered :lmao:
But nobody else would have responded in such a quick way with a satisfying answer like Arklove. So satisfying... oh so satisfying. :naughty: She's invaluable is my point. lol Woooo!

I hope I have dreams of being chased by a giant boob now!!! :)

1) @Bumper: Great find ! (baby / breaking)

2) Btw, are there any news of why the "new evidence" thread was deleted ?
I mean, it does not have anything to do with snippets and such ...

3) I love how people say, Malachi sings so badly and then defend the Cascio tracks. :D

ahhh....Ok, I understand ...Thanks ;)

Jason's husk is obviously really weak then....It's all those voice prints you were talking about then right?....including pronunciation and timbre and what not...

It is not that Jason's husk is weak, but completely different. I could recognize Michael's husk in all modesty among million different voices, because it is such a typical husk that actually never changed since his youngest performances. I'll try to compile some songs and point them out if I get time.

Pronunciation and timbre are different things though. Jason's timbre is quite close to Michael's, I admit it. Close enough to fool people, yes. But not his husk. And some notes sung by Jason clearly don't have the same voice timbre than Michael Jackson. I could point out where exactly Jason sounds as Michael and where he doesn't sound as Michael.

No problem, but have you just heard 0:44 part, when he says "baby"?

Of course I have. The problem with a lot of comparisons is the difference in vocal quality. While some comparisons speak for themselves, a lot of them I had to discard because of the difference in compression and other vocal effects. I think this comparison in particular did not pass this "test" and so I didn't end up using it. I will see again if I can't find another use for it when I start working on them again.

Also, with my comparisons, I always held up a policy that even the most casual listener should pick up that the voices are identical. This meant finding identical notes/ pronunciation. That of course made everything a lot harder but all the more damning. :yes:

@TPIMaster, what software did you use for the mix?

I merely load the files in the free mixer program Audacity and cut out the parts that I think compare well. It has a very easy cut and paste tool that works with the known quicklinks Ctrl + X or C (cut or copy) and Ctrl + V (paste). I then mix the comparison down to a new file in high quality FLAC, so I have a different file for every single tiny comparison I do. On a few comparisons I also applied some "math" to remove the center channel when the focus was on the backing vocals.

It is not that Jason's husk is weak, but completely different. I could recognize Michael's husk in all modesty among million different voices, because it is such a typical husk that actually never changed since his youngest performances. I'll try to compile some songs and point them out if I get time.

Pronunciation and timbre are different things though. Jason's timbre is quite close to Michael's, I admit it. Close enough to fool people, yes. But not his husk. And some notes sung by Jason clearly don't have the same voice timbre than Michael Jackson. I could point out where exactly Jason sounds as Michael and where he doesn't sound as Michael.

Yeah, I guess that the timbre is what can fool a lot of people....I know what you mean by that now...Even when I was trying to convince my ears it was Michael singing, whenever I'd listen to the tracks, it's those things that continually nag at you and general gives you the 'wtf' response :D

Back