Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

It should have been one, then everyone would be calling radio stations going, "Who the hell was that person in the song?" and Sony would have some answering to do.

"It was Michael Jackson." "No it wasn't."

Exactly. I was actually waiting for that to happen. Monster is the most ridiculous Cascio track. The general public would have had a backlash.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

And think of how many more people would have found out about the comparisons with music videos all over youtube and the internet and people commenting.

People would be going to each Monster music video and posting the comparisons. And they'd be doing it on places like AP and MTV and RollingStone, you know? People would catch on!

But also, a lot of gullible young people could have thought that Michael was a an amateur singer, so I'm actually glad the album did not do well and that those tracks have become a bit of "wall of shame" now

I showed my niece (who is a big Jackson fan) those comparison clips she was not happy she was pissed that they put fake tracks on the Michael album! She didn't know who was Jason...until now. But, a few yrs ago I let her hear a song called "Mamacita" by this guy who people thought was MJ. I asked her "remember that song" and she was like "yes." So then I showed her a video of Jason singing live on YouTube then showed her other songs of his on youtube and she was like yea "he does sound like MJ a little." She could see where the confusion would be! So with that I then showed her the comparison videos and she was like "OH MY GOD" she litterally started to laugh and then got upset that something like that was even possible! I really wanted her to see that she was gagged out her money by buying that album and she now agrees!

^ Seems like that's basically how most people react.

Sometimes they'll listen to the songs and be like "Wait, that kind of sounded like Michael! :eek: Wait, no? Wait, there?"

It's like, really??? It's that hard to tell that you're hearing little snippets of him in the vocals? :D

It's because Sony wants to confuse people. When I first heard KYHU, I was confused.

Me too. My first thought was "Now this sounds more like something he'd write." but it was still bizarre. My heart sank when I heard that vibrato, though. Then the voice stays the same the whole time. It just doesn't sound like Michael. :(

Also think about this...

Have you heard one of the Cascio songs and thought wow I need to show people this song, this certainly is something.

I guess, Maybe with Monster and 50 cent and it's whole presentation, that's the most single-friendly song.

My point is, when you listen to Best Of Joy, Behind The Mask, Another Day, even Hollywood Tonight, you'd have no problem taking those songs to people and having them listen to them and enjoy the beauty of a Michael Jackson song. You can't play a Cascio track without some awkwardness really.

When we first heard snippets of BG, DYKWYCA, and STTR, we were mesmerized by the sparks in Michael's voice. We had no doubts. We got goosebumps. We wanted more.

But, when we heard snippets of Water and Soldier Boy, we turned cold.

Can it be pure coincidence that Michael didn't sound like himself only in the Cascio tracks?

They are guide vocals so Michael was using his real voice that sounds like Jason Malachi I guess! When he sang on record he had a beautiful vibrato but when he sang in the shower sitting on a bench he sounded like a goat and make songs that can't be compared to any of his previous work.

I had this thought the other day... You know how people kept saying they wanted Michael to make Thriller Part two? Well this album seems like it could have been some scheme to do just that, with these tracks trying to spark that nostalgia by rehashing ideas from Michael's past? Giving people that Thriller two they've been wanting.

I mean.. the lyrics to WBSS, Off The Wall, You Are Not Alone, Tabloid Junkie, TDCAU, the list goes on and on of songs they've taken influence from for these songs. That seems like sort of a weird coincidence to me.

By the way, when Jason Malachi's new album drops will there be tons of new comparison videos? :D Or will he be purposely trying to change his voice? That will be interesting to hear!

love is magical;3376816 said:
It's because Sony wants to confuse people. When I first heard KYHU, I was confused.

"Keep your head up" and "All I need" are slower songs and much easier to imitate.

In addition to strange lead vocals, there is another thing that is completely bugging me.

I can understand that some songs have similar rhythms or that have been written on the same beats as some older songs such as "Who is it" reminding of "Billie Jean" or "Hollywood Tonight" based on Billie Jean beats, but what I can't understand is the use --not of simple beats-- but completed songs:

"Earth song" on "Keep your head up"
"Heaven can wait" on "Water"
"You are not alone" on "All I need"

"Soldier boy" reminds of "They don't care about us" apparently (guitars? rhythm?)

Now, set aside the use of those songs, what I also find strange is the lyrics in general. If you closely read all the lyrics on the Cascio songs, there isn't a single original theme, is there?

Now, you can tell that the same for older songs and be led to seemingly logical follow-up:

Leave me alone -> Why you wanna trip on me -> Money/Tabloid Junkie/2BAD -> Privacy/Threatened -> Breaking News/Monster
Man in the mirror -> Heal the world -> Earth song -> Cry/The lost children -> Keep your head up

But if I look back to the seemingly logical thread leading to Breaking News/Monster and when I read/hear the lyrics, they seem to be a collection of all previous things (which never happened before), almost as a coined and stereotyped lyrics from the previous songs. As if someone was asked to use MJ's kind of style. I must say that I am extremely sensitive when it comes to texts and lyrics. For example:

MONSTER

You can look at them coming out the walls
You can look at them climbing out the bushes
You can find them when the letter's bout to fall
=THREATENED

He be waiting with his camera on focus
=PRIVACY

Everywhere you seem to turn there's a monster
When you look up in the air there's a monster
=THREATENED

Paparazzi got you scared like a monster, monster, monster
=PRIVACY

Too bad =2BAD
Oh-oh Hollywood, it's got you jumping like you should = ELISABETH I LOVE YOU
(Too bad)
It's got you bouncing off the walls = OFF THE WALL
It's got you drunk enough to fall
(Oh oh) Hollywood just look in the mirror
And tell me you like, don't you, don't you like it = MAN IN THE MIRROR/GHOSTS

He's coming at ya, coming at ya rather too fast = THREATENED
Mama say, mama got you in a zig zag = WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN'
And you're running
And you're running just to escape it = XSCAPE
But they're gunning for the money so they fake it = MONEY

They eat your soul
(like a vegetable) = WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN'

BREAKING NEWS

Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson = LEAVE ME ALONE/WHY YOU WANNA TRIP ON ME

Just when you thought he was done
He comes to give it again
=
WATCH 2:16 to 2:19 YOU'LL UNDERSTAND:

[youtube]FhbJ8I77kqs[/youtube]

They could put around the world today
He wanna' write my obituary = (see my siggy)

No matter what, you just wanna' read it again
No matter what, you just wanna' feed it again = TABLOID JUNKIE

Why is it strange that I would fall in love? (fall in love)
Who is that boogie man your thinkin' of? (thinkin' of)
Or am I crazy cause I just indulged? (in love?)
This is bre-breaking news
This is bre-breaking news
= XSCAPE/TABLOID JUNKIE

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP
= ATTEMPT TO WRITE ORIGINAL LYRICS, MICHAELSQUE.

She's lookin for a job and a finer place to stay,
She's lookin for the hope in the empty promising,
She's workin two jobs, keepin alive,
She works in a restaurant night and day
She waits her life away
She wipes the tears away
= DOESN'T SOUND MICHAEL JACKSON STYLE AT ALL: she, she, she, she, she,... combined with quite poor style (do you work a job?)

She cries inside every time she feels this way,
And she’s dying inside every time her baby cries, no = CRY
= AGAIN: she, she, she,... poor!

Keepin your head up to the sky,
Keepin your mind just stay alive,
Keepin your wings so we can fly,
(Keep your head up tonight)

= KEEP THE FAITH/CRY in a much poorer style. After she, she, she, you have keepin, keepin, keepin,... It's too much!

Keepin your head up to the sky,
And we can just rise up tell me now,
Gimme your wings so we can fly,

= R. KELLYESQUE, I BELIEVE I CAN FLY/CRY

Killing up the life of the birds in the trees
And we’re sucking up the air in the earth from under me,
(It’s never too late)
= POOR! False slang. EARTH SONG/HEAL THE WORLD

I can’t even breathe (to see) I can’t even see,
(Oh keep) Keep your head up don’t give up today,
How long can we wait?
I wish that love would come today
= EARTH SONG IN MUCH POORER STATE

All you need is love, tell you Im always comin soon,= BEATLES?
And all you need is just a moment, won’t it do,
Keep your head up

Everybody say the time is borrowed
And hanging down your head just ain’t no good = "JUST AIN't NO GOOD"? HOW POOR!
And if you dance and rise above tomorrow
(Give it a chance)
Just give yourself a chance, find the circumstance,
= SEE MY SIGGY! Chance + circumstance, apart the rhyme, I don't see why would you even write anything like that in the same line!
Rise and do it again, = DO WHAT?
What about love again
What about love again
= EARTH SONG

(Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise gonna rise today! today!) = GONNA MAKE A CHANGE TODAY = MAN IN THE MIRROR

Although Michael came back with some same themes, he never compiled lyrics from his previous songs. He always wrote quite different lyrics, and at least the style, despite some slang words was much higher than the lyrics on the Cascio songs. They sound so stereotyped, poor and empty as a shell.

Regarding Jason's new album, we guarantee new comparisons. :D

:lol:

Jason certainly getting what he want - attention on his new music by MJ-fans.

Last edited:

Regarding Jason's new album, we guarantee new comparisons. :D

Yeah. If new Jason stuff comes out, we guarantee a lot of new comparisons. Not doing them isn't even an option. For as long as it takes to expose this, we will carry on.

Brilliant post bumper. The awful lyrics are on equal footing with the awful vocals for me. They come across like awful pathetic attempts at tackling themes michael had already done brilliantly on previous albums. Like as if the person that wrote them literally sat down with all MJ's lyrics in front of them and went through them very deliberately trying to write new songs based on them, stealing themes, etc and failing miserably.

Yeah. If new Jason stuff comes out, we guarantee a lot of new comparisons. Not doing them isn't even an option. For as long as it takes to expose this, we will carry on.

That's plagiarized from STAY

Haha! :D

I forgot to add: BRILLIANT post, Bumper. Truely amazing.

Thanks. And brilliant job you've done with the comparisons and the timeline in the other thread.

bumper, what a great post.

It's very obvious, to me anyway, that these songs are just pathetic rip-offs of genuine mj. That's part of what i can't understand--why people are even fighting for these tracks? they're awful. i mean really, the lyrics, the melodies, the singing it's just NOT my cup of tea. keep your head up is just cringe-worthy, i wouldn't listen to that song even if it WAS michael singing. it's a crappy song. i'll take keep the faith any day.

Just because we're michael jackson fans doesn't mean we're going to eat up any old song about evil tabloids or uplifting ballads. They treat us like mindless sheep, which we are NOT. at least i didn't think so, before all this happened.

edit: ok, reading this over, maybe that's a little harsh. if you DO like the cacio tracks, then fine, that's your deal. i personally don't care for them.

Bumper and TPIMaster: Brilliant jobs! Bravo!

To me, it's almost unimaginable that the creator of masterpieces like Earth Song would settle with Breaking News. I just cannot picture Michael singing the song.

I still wonder if the family will ever do something about this. It's very puzzling, and really frustrating to me...

...and I don't wanna hear , "well, maybe because it IS him singing'...when obviously he's not...so save it lol

Last edited:

Does anyone have the list of quotes from people who have commented on the authenticity of these songs! I am trying to compile this. I'm sorry for coming into this so late.

Thanks!

Does anyone have the list of quotes from people who have commented on the authenticity of these songs! I am trying to compile this. I'm sorry for coming into this so late.

Thanks!

I don't have it personally, but I know there's a list in this thread somewhere...good luck with that lol....If I get a chance, I'll sift through the thread ;)

Thanks Arklove! I'll give it a look.

I just tried to watch the ustream video about Teddy again where he blames JM for the controversy, and it has been made private. I hate clean up crews. Did anyone save that?

Does anyone know what happened to the Cascio-Free Campaign thread?

OT: Is Max Jax down now?

^^ max jax works for me ....it doesn't work for you?

oops... it's working now... false alarm...

as much as i love MJJC, i lurk Max Jax. :fear:

haha...same here...lol...Sometimes I wanna post, but I'm too shy and I have no idea why...lol

haha...same here...lol...Sometimes I wanna post, but I'm too shy and I have no idea why...lol

same here. i guess we established our history here. we all seem to know each other by now, so we are more comfortable here. but, there actually many familiar names over there at Max Jax.

Brilliant post bumper. The awful lyrics are on equal footing with the awful vocals for me. They come across like awful pathetic attempts at tackling themes michael had already done brilliantly on previous albums. Like as if the person that wrote them literally sat down with all MJ's lyrics in front of them and went through them very deliberately trying to write new songs based on them, stealing themes, etc and failing miserably.

Thanks mjjesamor :)

bumper, what a great post.

It's very obvious, to me anyway, that these songs are just pathetic rip-offs of genuine mj. That's part of what i can't understand--why people are even fighting for these tracks? they're awful. i mean really, the lyrics, the melodies, the singing it's just NOT my cup of tea. keep your head up is just cringe-worthy, i wouldn't listen to that song even if it WAS michael singing. it's a crappy song. i'll take keep the faith any day.

Just because we're michael jackson fans doesn't mean we're going to eat up any old song about evil tabloids or uplifting ballads. They treat us like mindless sheep, which we are NOT. at least i didn't think so, before all this happened.

edit: ok, reading this over, maybe that's a little harsh. if you DO like the cacio tracks, then fine, that's your deal. i personally don't care for them.

Thanks azsummergirl :)

Bumper and TPIMaster: Brilliant jobs! Bravo!

To me, it's almost unimaginable that the creator of masterpieces like Earth Song would settle with Breaking News. I just cannot picture Michael singing the song.

Thanks love is magical. :)

I still hope that the family will never do anything about this. It's very cool, and really inspiring to me...

...and I wanna hear , "well, because it IS him singing'...when obviously he is...so I'm being impatient, lol

How sad.

Does anyone have the list of quotes from people who have commented on the authenticity of these songs! I am commanding you to compile this and erase it from all the threads in this forum. I'm extremely not sorry for coming into this so late.

Now, beat it all of you!

Sweet words.

Back