Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

Vision is now available to download from iTune...

Hmm... shall I download the whole collection? I need an iPod or iPhone with larger storage in order to sync all the videos... :scratch:

Finally got mine, but I was only able to watch discs three and two (I always start everything from the end ;)). "One More Chance" short film is magical. Pure magic. But during "Can you feel it" I get white strip on the screen. I get this feeling, CYFI, "Blame It On The Boogie" weren't remastered. But maybe it's just me.
DVD 2 starts with this great intro - I love it. IMO colors here were refreshed, you can clearly see it if you compare it to "Dangerous, The Short Films". As for sound, I was really hoping for 5.1. And on my dvd there are also few seconds at the beginning of "WYBT" that are without any sound. I also noticed in the corner something like blurred logo? Unfortunately I also get the green flash during "In The Closet". I know not all copies are like that, I just have the bad luck ;) (I was watching it on bluray player & hd tv, so it's not the equipment's fault, I guess some discs are just pressed with this error)
I was surprised by alternate version of "Gone Too Soon", which is fine for me. But why remix of "BOTDF"?
I really love the booklet! The photos are amazing and the 3d cover is just great idea! I could really wait a bit more to have it all remastered and maybe fitted to one size. Intros (some are really great) are on full screen and then the short film is displayed in small window.
Still haven't seen dvd 1.
All in one I think it's nice release. But it doesn't mean it couldn't be more perfect ;)

so you think this technical mistakes will be solved in future?

i mean this is a very big shit they want us to buy corrupt media...
greenflash, seconds without sound and so on -.-

anyway i still think its a great package but I dont want this stupid mediaproblems on my dvds!...

Ok, so I visited 3 supermarkets this week to look for vision and none of them are stocking it at the moment. In fact when I went into Sainsbury they had loads of new releases in their chart (including Cliff Richard's latest music DVD) but no Vision.
Why is that do you think???

Ok, so I visited 3 supermarkets this week to look for vision and none of them are stocking it at the moment. In fact when I went into Sainsbury they had loads of new releases in their chart (including Cliff Richard's latest music DVD) but no Vision.

This is very concerning! This weekend is the first of the big Christmas shopping weekends, in the UK at least, and they only get bigger from here.

Perhaps Smooth can ask his contacts?

It needs dealing with, fast!

bobmoo79;3095576 said:

Supermarkets only sell a selected amount of DVDs but this one should definitely be sold in supermarkets. All of MJs videos on one DVD for £17.99, its the perfect xmas present for any music fan.

My review of Visions! :D

WYBT- I too got it without sound in the beginning! o_O The vid in some parts are different especially the ending, they show people faces instead of keeping it on MJ beautiful face through out while he recites his poem! There is no angel that comes down on him! So this ending is different, he was standing alone! Never seen that version before?! So it's cool I like to have diff versions of MJ vids!

TWYMMF- Was the worst quality I've seen it before! Don't no why it was so grainy in some parts!? :( One of my fave videos since I was young though!

(The Triumph) Can You feel It- WOW! I loved it! Never seen the whole thing with credits and all! So freakin epic! It was an impressive damn video for 1981! It was the beginning of MJ epic short films and some never got to see that in him until really Thriller video, shame! It was like a peak into what he can do with music and film!

Gone to soon- Was surprised that it was a complete different video! Like it but, prefer the orginal! But, I love that I have both now! :D ;) The ending u see MJ and Ryan playing around goofing off with their sun glasses and u hear MJ voice saying good bye to Ryan! :,(

TDCAU (Prison Version)- There's a disclaimer before the video so people won't get insulted by the video...OKAY! o_O I guess because of the graphic scenes and the language he used!? But, for all that why even mask some words he say like The K word and the J word with sound effects if u already warned people!? SMH Either way love the video! I saw different parts I never seen before again in this video!

In the Closet- I didn't get the green screen at the beginning like some people got on theirs! So I'm happy about that! lol

Blood On the Dance floor- Can't believe their passing this as the real version! 0_o, I always liked both vids but, they should had included the original and the remix as a bonus!

The Intros- Some very cool some are just words! But, cool!

One More Chance- :,( Very Lovely to see MJ for the last time in a video...

Not so happy about some vids being in small screen but, over all It's a great collection for ANY music lover! :D

Last edited:
Watched the whole thing last night. I thought the remastering was going to be a lot better but overall I was pleased The only issues I had were,
No 5.1 Sound!!!
Smooth Criminal was not 100% complete. Small cut during middle no music scene
Beat it and Dirty Diana had white spec at top of the screen.
No sound at the beggining WYBT
BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR REMIX!! Can't believe they didn't use the original!
Apart from that, a great package but could have been remastered a lot better with 5.1 sound!!

TDCAU (Prison Version)- There's a disclaimer before the video so people won't get insulted by the video...OKAY! o_O I guess because of the graphic scenes and the language he used!?

Yeh i think it was mainly cuz of the "jew me" part of the song why the disclamier was put on it. I remember the media & haters were saying that mj was being anti semtic ( sorry if the spelling is wrong, but im sure u all know what i meant) and this there was huge uproar bout it.

Yeh i think it was mainly cuz of the "jew me" part of the song why the disclamier was put on it. I remember the media & haters were saying that mj was being anti semtic ( sorry if the spelling is wrong, but im sure u all know what i meant) and this there was huge uproar bout it.

The lyrics of the song had controversy which is why its blanked out on most versions. The prison version was mainly banned or only allowed after the watershed because of the violent imagery on the screens like the Watts riots etc and people objected to Michael using the black power fist at the end of the video.

The lyrics of the song had controversy which is why its blanked out on most versions. The prison version was mainly banned or only allowed after the watershed because of the violent imagery on the screens like the Watts riots etc and people objected to Michael using the black power fist at the end of the video.

I thought it was cuz of that whole "jew me, sue me" controversey.

I pre-ordered the DVD (together with the album MICHAEL) 3 weeks ago from michaeljackson.com & I am still waiting...

Suggestions? Or is it normal?

Last edited:
I thought it was cuz of that whole "jew me, sue me" controversey.

The lyrics caused controversy about the song in general which is why its now blanked out, and US radio stations were reluctant to play the song which is why the song did better in Europe. It wasn't very successful in the US. The Brazil version of the video is fine but it was the violence of the prison video that resulted in MTV refusing to play it. The images on the TV screens in the prison version show the police beating up African Amercians, the burning crosses of the KKK, and genocide. In the UK it was only allowed on air after 9pm.

Haha I hadn't seen that yet. It says 15 on my version.

15 because of thriller :) contains moderate horror

also did anyone spot the spelling mistake on the back of the cover haha

it says

'All Trademarks ANS Logos' i'm sure that its supposed to say 'All Trademarks AND Logos'

also did anyone spot the spelling mistake on the back of the cover haha

it says

'All Trademarks ANS Logos' i'm sure that its supposed to say 'All Trademarks AND Logos'

:hysterical: that's funny and the D and S are next to eachother on your keyboard. Someone had an oopsie and didn't check the spelling.

so you think this technical mistakes will be solved in future?

i mean this is a very big shit they want us to buy corrupt media...
greenflash, seconds without sound and so on -.-

anyway i still think its a great package but I dont want this stupid mediaproblems on my dvds!...
I doubt it will be fixed. Dangerous the short films has a similar problem also during the black or white video. The sound cut off for a few seconds at the begining of the panther sequence. I don't think it was ever fixed.

After watching Smooth Criminal on Blu Ray it is extremely difficult to watch any of Michael's videos in standard definition. These videos don't look remastered. The History DVDs look way better. These look like the original television transferred versions unedited.

Im still wondering why this dvd (and number ones) is for people aged 16+:scratch:

Guess because of moderate horror (like others said) and also because of some sexuality (B or W ending, In the closet, for example).

Back