Michael jackson - jackson movie uses old material

According to the autopsy reports his lungs were permanently inflamed... Try singing Earth Song when your lungs are not working 100%. When you count that in his vocal performances were amazing... even if you forget all the dancing he did at the same time.

To all those arguing with me about the whole thing being sang fully live.

Oh dear for you, is all I have to say.

lol someone actually thought he was singing live that part?.
well there ya go

Ok, what are they trying to prove here. That Earth Song was either lypsched or dubbed over but he proves on Human Nature and IJCSLU that he CAN still sing , even better than he ever sang as far as the 90s are concerned. What's the point of this article,lol ?

they found the 1 thing they can critique and did it...how sad

it was only 1 song, the other 90% of the movie is 90% live

they found the 1 thing they can critique and did it...how sad

it was only 1 song, the other 90% of the movie is 90% live

Its not only one song though. Its not just Earth Song. Its Jam as well, the first verse of Smooth Criminal, TDCAU, TWYMMF (not the first bit), Thriller, Billie Jean, Man In The Mirror.

Not to sure about Beat it.

There was a thread here some months ago about Michaels last rehearsal.It was some women and they must have seen the rehearsal.
Anyway, they wrote when Michael sang earthsong the others got tears in their eyes bacause he sang so beautiful.
When he left they were still were touched by it.
I really wanted to see him performing that song and with this is it I was able to see it.

I have one thing to add. If the quote about using old material to fill in on Earth Song is true, it is NOT lip synching! If parts of the audio were not good enough on the live recording and they filled in with old material after the fact, that means that Michael was singing live and the audio wasn't good enough for the movie. Lip synching implies that he wasn't singing live at all in the rehersal, but was mouthing the words to a track. There is a difference. It makes sense that some of the recordings of the rehersals were not good quality since they weren't being recording for a movie but for personal use.

exactly; thanks for stating that. There are too many drama queens. This article doesn't prove that he was lip synching but rather a smart editing on Ortega's part. The guy could sing right till the end and people have to deal with that.

Well, we already knew that.

No surprise.
lol exactly. this fool is trying to act like its some exclusive. everyone knew already u numb nut

Dude, only a few parts were remastered. Of course the public HAS to nitpick everything and be negative.:smilerolleyes: We knew it all along anyway, but I am still stoked about his performances in that film! He made me and so many of us very proud. People always have to find SOMETHING. Michael is still singing to me...:wub:

I really don't care if MJ sang live or not........what's important for me was seeing him performing again.........and I'm quite happy and satisfied with what I've seen........MJ RULES!

I am not complaining we got to see Michael rehearsing I never thought I would see that and he is brilliant. I knew it wouldn't all be live I wasn't expecting that but I needed to see him and I did and I am grateful.

Julia

Clearly we didnt. There were people claiming it was live. There were people claiming the whole film was live.

Are you the lip sync guru?

Who gives a flying f**k if Earth song is not live? Why does it bother you if OTHERS want to think it was live?

That is their prerogative to believe whatever they want to believe.

Do you...and let others believe what they want to believe.
this fool is trying to act like its some exclusive. everyone knew already u numb nut

If s/he was smart enough he would have read the disclaimer at the end of the movie. It lists all the performances where a master recording was used (even if partially).

Are you the lip sync guru?

Who gives a flying f**k if Earth song is not live? Why does it bother you if OTHERS want to think it was live?

That is their prerogative to believe whatever they want to believe.

Do you...and let others believe what they want to believe.

I was....just replying to what someone else said. :S They said we all knew Earth Song wasnt live, I was just correcting him by saying that some people thought it was.

I never said it bothers me that others think it was live, and I also never said anyone gives a f**k if it was live or not.

This is a thread which is lip synching related, what else would I be talking about?

To all those arguing with me about the whole thing being sang fully live.

Oh dear for you, is all I have to say.
this is the article i was saying the other day, i already read this one, and thats why i said some peopel may read this forum,

i think he sing most songs live, but there were clips in which he didnt, but i dont believe everything i read, anyway this seems like someone trying to take down MJ to me, i dont know, they are sooo obsessed:bugeyed and many people in here too, i will, like some said before, slowly moonwalk out of this thread, bye bye, and have fun!:)

I was....just replying to what someone else said. :S They said we all knew Earth Song wasnt live, I was just correcting him by saying that some people thought it was.

I never said it bothers me that others think it was live, and I also never said anyone gives a f**k if it was live or not.

This is a thread which is lip synching related, what else would I be talking about?

Well, people tend to forget these were rehearsal footage. We already got more than we could be expected...most singers lip sync rehearsals so their voice remain strong for the real deal.

Again, be thankful we have these last footage.

Well, people tend to forget these were rehearsal footage. We already got more than we could be expected...most singers lip sync rehearsals so their voice remain strong for the real deal.

Again, be thankful we have these last footage.

I am thankful, very thankful. Just because im talking about lip synching a lot IN A LIP SYNCHING THREAD. Does not mean im not thankful.

If you want to hear all praise for the film, go to the best performance thread or something :S

I dont understand why some people are making such a big deal about all the vocals not being live. MJ admitted in the film that he wanted to preserve his voice and no one will sing live all the time at rehearsals. Why strain your voice before the shows even start? 'I'll Be There' and 'ICSLY' quite clearly proved MJ's voice was stellar live. What more evidence do the media need? 'Oh no not everything was live, that quite clearly means that MJ was washed up.' Pfft, give me a break.

I dont understand why some people are making such a big deal about all the vocals not being live. MJ admitted in the film that he wanted to preserve his voice and no one will sing live all the time at rehearsals. Why strain your voice before the shows even start? 'I'll Be There' and 'ICSLY' quite clearly proved MJ's voice was stellar live. What more evidence do the media need? 'Oh no not everything was live, that quite clearly means that MJ was washed up.' Pfft, give me a break.

I know. It's so annoying.
Hello world. He's dead. Why nitpicking like nothing happened??

I know. It's so annoying.
Hello world. He's dead. Why nitpicking like nothing happened??

Yes. The majority was live, a couple of parts weren't but not much. Funny how the article just uses one song to try and be negative and prove mj no longer had it.

And actually in the case of Earth Song.. he died the next day, not many hours after that footage. I'd be more concerned with that.

What if MJ wasn't miming, though?

What if it was dubbed?

That seems to be what the article is implying.

Sony says they only used it where rehearsal audio was incomplete, but if they were picking from 100 hours of footage, why didn't they just include a different rehearsal where the audio was complete?

I wonder if they are trying to cover something up - something that might support the This Is Not It campaign - by dubbing his old vocals over the new ones.

Sony says they only used it where rehearsal audio was incomplete, but if they were picking from 100 hours of footage, why didn't they just include a different rehearsal where the audio was complete?
maybe only did one rehearsal of es

maybe only did one rehearsal of es

But it's not only ES.

Jam is either mimed or dubbed for the most part. Same for TDCAU. Same for bits of TWYMMF. Thriller. Billie Jean. MITM.

What if they've all been dubbed, rather than mimed? What are they trying to hide from us?

more than ever and before I wished he wouldn't have gone back to stage. He did it for the fans, as he several times stated, and for that so many of them are suchlike unthankful, it is unbelievable. So it hurts much more, that he would better haven't done it and may be could be alive.

Today I saw the movie sixth time, it's the only comfort I have after I have visited the FAN boards.

I look at him and his presence is so intensively to feel, and makes me happy and sad at same time, but I never have had the desire to detect what posts-long and threads-long over and over again are examined.

Back