Michael Jackson Issues Statement Regarding Participation in a Jackson 5 Reunion

My thoughts exactly. I hope that Jermaine doesn't mean any harm but it is very strange that he keeps saying these things. Michael left the Jacksons 24 years ago and even then, he had staid on for the sake of his brothers and his mother. I have not once since then heard him express any inclination what so ever to rejoin the group.

If Michael ever decides to perform with his brothers, it will be he choice and we will hear it from him.

Completely. He doesn't want to and I loath the fact that they've been trying his entire adult career to pressure him back in to the group. He stayed for as long as he could. The fact that he stayed until 1984, when he had already become the most famous man on the planet, was unselfish and enough of a sacrifice. I don't know what else they want from him, or why Jermaine lies like that.

Well, isn't this a surprise? LOL. Well, not really, AH and my local news morning show stated this. Well, now we have a confirmation of this, Jermaine can't really say anything about a reunion tour anymore. It is about time MJ confirmed something. All of those years of Jermaine saying over and over again that the brothers were in the studio recording and doing a reunion tour and MJ never officially denied or confirmed the story. Finally, MJ has done that. I am excited about the future and I liked what he said regarding the quote:

I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects

OH YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!

Michael Jackson's spokesperson, Dr. Tohme

Looks like Raymone is gone. Interesting.

I need to tell you guys: I have "Enjoy Yourself" in my head right now!!! :)

If she would have had the same position she always had, she would have been the one to bring this statement out in the open. She didn't, so she at least doesn't have the same position. She also doesn't respond to people anymore, and so I agree with LovingMJ... she's out for a while already.

And since Michael has denied working in the studio with his brothers, I really wonder why Jermaine told reporters otherwise.
She does respond to some people still. She is still in his camp but she may not be a spokeperson. It is just like Quincy Jones who is no longer Michael's producer but Q still is contact with Michael and gives MIchael advice. she is not gone.

Well, I'm sure she is around somewhere. But if it's to be compared to Q, then more then ever it's a case of 'gone'. Would be great if they are still in touch though.

So Imma take the road that MJ finally put his foot down and made a decision

Same here. I do believe that MJ was cosidering the reunion tour after everything that he has been through. I think he let Jermaine keep on talking to the media, running his mouth about this and that. Until, Jermaine went on tv and stated what he stated and MJ probably got fed up and was like, "This negro needs to stop" and release a statement.

I am on the website: http://thatgrapejuice.net and the blogger made this quote that was interesting:

Ouch. I've long thought that something wasn't quite right among the Jackson's and I guess this confirms it. Anyway, I guess hearing from MJ's own mouth that he is planning a solo stage comeback gives us something to look forward to.

Sorry to say but it looks like, by this statement, Mike wanted Jermaine to just stop talking about something that will not include him. I am all fine if the brothers want to tour, but if MJ is not down for it, then Jermaine, Janet, LaToya, etc. needs to stop putting his name in the situation. It is as simple as that. I am not trashing Jerm, just stating the obvious. Still got love and respect for Jerm.

It is OFFICIAL guys. Take the information as truth.

The news is spreading.

She does respond to some people still. She is still in his camp but she may not be a spokeperson. It is just like Quincy Jones who is no longer Michael's producer but Q still is contact with Michael and gives MIchael advice. she is not gone.
She's gone. She replies cause fans keep emailing her, and she should stop. She doesn't work for him anymore.

Now the next question is: when will he get OUT of the studio... that would mean it's finished, ha ha ha ;)

sorry if my question sounds stupid, I've only learned English in School, and that's long ago. But in my opinion means this "with my fans in concert" nothing else than "in common with my fans".

Look, I could care less if Ms. Bain is with MJ or not. She did her job and it looks like she is gone. MJ has a new spokesperson and we have to accept that. Let's focus on the thread -

I am on eonline.com (E! News website) and they mentioned the statement. Now, I am gonna post the link and this one quote that got me laughing.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b66546_michael_kills_jackson_5_reunion_rumor.html

Somebody tell Jermaine.

LOL! Hahahaha. Man.... that was funny.

Now, some parts of the article was blah, but that quote was funny.

Anyway, I couldn't resist, I have to post this pic:
293.jackson.michael8.082808.jpg

Awww.

with my fans in concert

That means he is going to share the new projects with his fans in concert. It seems like MJ is implying that he is going to do some concerts for his upcoming projects.

sorry if my question sounds stupid, I've only learned English in School, and that's long ago. But in my opinion means this "with my fans in concert" nothing else than "in common with my fans".

It means he is going to perform on stage - there will be ein Konzert:D (well, at least one)

I just woke up now... I feel good. :D

Maybe it's because of the good news, and lots of pics we had this week. :lol:

I'm just really glad he took the initiative to make a statement about this. He usually doesn't make these kinds of statements very often, so when it does happen, you know it's for good reason.

Saves us a lot of blabber and unnecessary speculation too!

I'm just really glad he took the initiative to make a statement about this. He usually doesn't make these kinds of statements very often, so when it does happen, you know it's for good reason.

Exactly. I am actually starting to love the fact that it is spreading like crazy online.

cool just need the dates now, they are bloody asking me to give my two weeks holiday for next year at work already. And at last we have news from michael stateing there is no J5 reunion

Me too!!! :wub:

I hear birds singing...hahaha

Morning,Sasha!:)
Good Morning Dri! :D
Yeeeaap, I just feel refreshed, it's Michael stuff from this week, and I'm hanging with friends today, woke up from a good dream, everyone in the house this morning is in a good mood. IDK... really rare, but I like! :lol::wub:

I agree, I'm very appreciative that Michael took the time to send out a statement to us. :)

Thanks Michael.

That "with my fans in concert"" part killed me :mello:

:wild: :wild: :wild:

Thanks for posting, we probably won't be hearing about the reunion anymore for half a year or so :lol:

DID HE SAID CONCERT?!?!?! :excited:

Oh wait... I'm broke

:unsure:

what to sell, what to sell?
My car? No, I need that one...
My MJ Stuff? NOOOOO!
My shoe collection? Hell nah...

Ok, I'll start pimping out my brother

thank you God, ...............thank you Michael..... i was waiting for this statement for along time ,and now it is true.

i love god and i love Michael they are the reasons for my happiness.

by the way : i found thison Reuters ...what do they means??

His statement was credited to a spokesperson dubbed "Dr. Tohme." The publicity firm that distributed the statement declined to elaborate on the person's identity.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman, editing by Alan Elsner)

© Thomson Reuters 2008 All rights reserved.

sorry if I'm further sceptical because of this term "in concert". Why should he give only ONE concert?

I think you are reading too much into the statement. The point here is mainly that MJ ani't touring with his brothers anytime soon.

If this statement is indeed authentic.

sorry if I'm further sceptical because of this term "in concert". Why should he give only ONE concert?

It doesnt mean just one concert...........well I suppose it could.........but I dont think it does.

I heard he told some fans of a 30 city world tour next year. :)

It doesnt mean just one concert...........well I suppose it could.........but I dont think it does.

I heard he told some fans of a 30 city world tour next year. :)

Well, let's not spread any 'I heards'. Let's just stick to what we really know at present.

Back