Michael Jackson Hologram to be used @ VMA.[WRONG INFORMATION]

Re: Michael Jackson Hologram to be used @ VMA.

I got an email from VMA production team member who is my close friend:

"Michael Jackson hologram will be used at VMA 09 during the tribute along with janet. So you will see Michael at stage. It will be massive. Get ready bro!!!"

Thank you.
are u freakin kidding me:wild: that would be EPIC:punk:

I personally don't like the idea of a Michael hologram..

It's a bit early for a hologram i think, it's alright that they done it with elvis because he is gone a long time now but i don't like them doing this with Michael.

In may there was a rumour that Mike would perform at VMA 2009... Well, maybe he will =(

Im excited to see how the tributes go.

Not sure how to feel about this at all - mixed emotions - wanna see him so bad but also not sure if I'm ready, still feels so raw.
Does any1 know for sure if this is being streamed live somewhere and what time this would be English time???
xxx

I dont believe this, but if its true, I see no problem with it, I mean wasnt he developing a holographic image of himself for "This Is It"? Just like rehearsal footage, AEG and whoever else was involved in production, is not going to let all these things go to waste, which brings me to worth more dead than alive, but thats a whole different topic. But really, I know I'll cry if I see a image of Michael on a stage instead of himself, but theres also people out there, that are just as much fans as we are that would like to see Michael even if its just an image on a live stage one...last time. :boohoo:

Thats awesome, I thought it was pretty neat when they used a ELVIS one at a american idol show.

oh God please no, please please please,it would be too much... especially for Janet...

Besides it seeming to be too soon for this type of feature,
it was really planned for TII anyway. I can see the "tributes",
but something of this nature I think should come later if at all.
Even tho it shows just how much Michael is being missed.
Natalie Cole did something similar a while back.

Well, if Janet signed off on it then hey....s'all good.

Last edited:

I'm so excited about it!
I completely understand emotions of people who don't want this to happen, but I really wanna see Michael's art of performance on the REAL stage for the last time!

The title of this thread is a bit of a spoiler, but whatever happens on Sunday will be interesting to watch :)

I got an email from VMA production team member who is my close friend:

"Michael Jackson hologram will be used at VMA 09 during the tribute along with janet. So you will see Michael at stage. It will be massive. Get ready bro!!!"

Thank you.

Thank you!!!!

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be an emotional wreck watching this?

Me 2, i get all teary eyed just thinking about it...imagine watching it

maybe it's gonna be the real mike :)

lmao i couldn't help thinking the same EXACT thing. lol

I hated the hologram idea for the Vienna concert and I still don't like it for VMA. But I have faith in Janet and am sure she will keep it classy and respectful.....

What i hologram ??? please explain to me :( ..

We'll see tomorrow. If true, it sounds interesting. I'm wondering how they would incorporate it into the performance. But if its something from TII which MJ was already planning, then it would be less difficult (I guess) to put it in.

Holy f*ck... O_O

If this is true, I think I'll lose it and sh*t a brick.

I swear...

Very captivating but I can't believe they used the music from Schindlers List, a film about the Holocaust to promote a fashion piece.

In my opinion, the fact that the music is beautiful has nothing to with the fact that the movie is about the horrible things that went on in the Holocaust.

Kind of like the same fact that you can think it's a good movie without being a nazi. I mean this movie is #6 on IMDB.

It's an orchestral piece, the music isn't prejudice - it has no words.
They play this piece by John Williams in many concerts e.t.c.

In my opinion, the fact that the music is beautiful has nothing to with the fact that the movie is about the horrible things that went on in the Holocaust.

Kind of like the same fact that you can think it's a good movie without being a nazi. I mean this movie is #6 on IMDB.

It's an orchestral piece, the music isn't prejudice - it has no words.
They play this piece by John Williams in many concerts e.t.c.

Yes of course music knows no boundaries but clearly John Williams wrote this music with the film in mind, particularly the horrendous events that unfolded at that time in history. I doubt he ever envisioned it being used to accompany a super model writhing around.

Yes of course music knows no boundaries but clearly John Williams wrote this music with the film in mind, particularly the horrendous events that unfolded at that time in history. I doubt he ever envisioned it being used to accompany a super model writhing around.

I really do understand what you're saying, and I totally think your opinion is well put since you've thought it through. But I still don't look at it exactly like that.
If it was some regular show where the models were just walking around on a popish disco stage then I'd be mad because it wouldn't look serious.

But I look at it from an art perspective with a well thought through art piece with beautiful music.

However I can truly understand that you feel it's a little uncomfortable since the score was written with the movie in mind.

Let's just hope that on Sunday we will hear Michael's music and not anyone else's! :)

I really do understand what you're saying, and I totally think your opinion is well put since you've thought it through. But I still don't look at it exactly like that.
If it was some regular show where the models were just walking around on a popish disco stage then I'd be mad because it wouldn't look serious.

But I look at it from an art perspective with a well thought through art piece with beautiful music.

However I can truly understand that you feel it's a little uncomfortable since the score was written with the movie in mind.

Let's just hope that on Sunday we will hear Michael's music and not anyone else's! :)

Thanks, I can understand your point of view too despite not sharing it! ;) I just feel it's a little tasteless. I'm a designer/artist myself but the striking image of Kate set against Williams music is just bizarre and unsettling in my mind.

Yes let's hope Sunday is a night to remember for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
Back