Michael Jackson For Sale (New Documentary)

I think "documentary" should be ignored by most of the fans ..i think you shouldnt watch it , and the adminst. should put it in the enough is enough .

I dont want any updates from the fans who are going to wathc this "documentary" , i just want to ignore it totaly like it doesnt exist , seriously its a waste of time and energy .

That needs to be said again.

If at all possible, and it is, ALL fans should just skip this altogether. In my opinion, they make these programs because they know a lot of the fans will flock to their television sets, whenever something about MJ is on.

Aside from the fact, what can they say about Michael Jackson that we haven't heard a MILLION times before.

it usually takes me 10 seconds to decide wether to watch a mj doc or not. i'm sure it's the same for you guys. just listen to the voice and tone of the "i know everything for a fact narrator tabloid garbage" voice

I hate that and you just know that these narrator's are gonna fail to call Michael by his birth name and refer to him as J***

If I watch it - all i'll be doing is shouting at the tv :( Poor Michael.... it was obvious something like this was going to happen (a neg. documenatry) but it just isn't fair.

I'm not gonna watch it,

Personally, I don't think I can trust any documentary on Michael that is broadcast anymore. And for a documentary to come out of nowhere with a snide sounding title like that, there's a 99.9 percent chance that it's going to be all trash IMO.

Last edited:
As always,I will watch it and record it but if it is that bad like other documentaries,I will only watch it just this once and then file it away with the other 'Never to be watched again' documentaries.

I will be getting shouted at by my mum for shouting at the TV and correcting everything they say like I always do but hey,Im used to that by now.

from channel 5's tv guide...

Michael Jackson For Sale (Documentary)
Time - 22:00 - 23:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)
When - Monday 27th April on five
Troubled pop sensation Michael Jackson has recently succeeded in preventing the biggest-ever sale of his possessions. In this special documentary, as Jackson prepares for a series of comeback shows in London, we take a look back at the financial peaks and troughs of his career.

hmmmmm

I hate when ppk refer him as w**** j****...its so disgusting! :angry:

^ F**k that SH*t!!! (excuse my lang)

"peaks and troughs" my ass....as if there were any 'troughs' in the first place

sounds stupid..I mean, really what is the point of making a HOUR long show about his finances?...:wtf: they just cannot understand the phenomenon of Michael Jackson, so the just make stupid, asinine, base, pathetic,etc. "shows" about him. The can't understand why he is not broke, why he is still loved, why he sells out 50 shows, they are sooo perplexed....fools betta recogniz..

Its Mike JaXson :punk:

Atleast it's not airing on American TV (for now)

Yes W**** J**** is a horrible term created by the british media. I do however think that fans do get too up in arms about the term J**** on its own. Its an abbreviation of his surname, that previous to adding of the prefix of J**** would have been a nickname and nothing more. J**** on its own isn't malicious in the right context, and I don't think that everyone using this name should be jumped on like they are the devil. In fact, when I used to have a black and white cat called J****, cos at the age of 5, to me it was nothing but a nickname for my idol!

Anyway off topic, just been bugging me for a while....Still can't decide whether or not I shall be watching this "documentary"...

Yes W**** J**** is a horrible term created by the british media. I do however think that fans do get too up in arms about the term J**** on its own. Its an abbreviation of his surname, that previous to adding of the prefix of J**** would have been a nickname and nothing more. J**** on its own isn't malicious in the right context, and I don't think that everyone using this name should be jumped on like they are the devil. In fact, when I used to have a black and white cat called J****, cos at the age of 5, to me it was nothing but a nickname for my idol!

Anyway off topic, just been bugging me for a while....Still can't decide whether or not I shall be watching this "documentary"...

Alot of fans hate the name J*** because Michael himself has said that he don't like it.

i haven't been watching anything mj related on tv for awhile now. takes a bit of restraint but i've been largely successful w/ it.

sorry but the man wasn't forced to put his stuff up for auction. it wasn't taken from him and being sold to pay off his debts. they weren't repossessed or claimed by way of collateral and auctioned off to the highest bidder. he chose to do the auction

and he had to pay some steep cash to get his stuff back. the man isn't as broke as they want him to be. everyone has debt. he hasn't worked in ages but whenever a sony artist makes a hit record, he makes more off of it then they do.

his albums are classic, they're always selling, he makes money that way. his song rights that are sold/leased for the yr make him massive amounts of money. the man just doesn't have liquid assets. most stars dont. it's no biggie.

but selling out that many shows in one location in a few hrs shows he's still got earning potential. it's when u can't land a paying gig (lohan) that u really need to start worrying

Yeah - why on earth du they have to do that?? - makes no sense to me!

F### the press, Michael you're the best!

I smell yet another negative ''documentary'' and i'm not surprised. Since Michael announced that he'd be performing at the 02 arena in London it was only a matter of time untill a negative ''documentary'' was made.

I predict that this ''documentary'' will go something like this. The called off auction seems to be the main attraction to this ''documentary'' but i'm sure that a few negetive things like these will be thrown in there also

1. First of all we'll be seeing clips from Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It. Once again the media making it look as though MJ has only ever made one album with only three songs
2. Plastic Surgery metions will be thrown in there
3. Then they'll talk about the whole 1993 episode
4. Then they'll mention that whole balcony incident
5. Then they'll bring up the whole 2003-2005 episode
6. Then they'll talk about Michael being broke and that's why he needed to do these performances in London 02
7. and final we'll get some '' musical expect'' talking about whether or not these performance in the 02 will be a success or not

I think you're probably right on the money. Thanks for letting us know about it, but I won't watch it either because of this reason. I don't care what they think about him or how they try to tear him down. :tease:

i'd like to watch it but i don't know if i'd be able to stomach it.

I remember when the tickets went on sale at the o2 that another MJJC member mentioned they were interview/spoke to by a channel5 film crew who were supposedly making a documentary.... anyone think this could be the same one?
I'm planning on watching it.. but if things are completely negative I won't hesitate to turn it over.

-x-

I'm not aware of Mike signing a contract with channel 5 allowing them no holds bared access to his personal financies and accounts, thus this will be pure speculation and sensationalism.

Exactly what I have just said to my Hubby.
Im certainly not gonna watch this as it sounds like a load of b***s**t

I'll record it, but I may not watch it. Negative documentaries about Michael bore me more than annoye me these day's, as they are made by idiots who don't know anything about Michael and bring up the same old rumors and insinuations. Boring !!!

My Five listing for next week states that that a film called Hollow Man is on, on the 27th April at 9pm and doesn't finish until 11.10pm. No Michael Jackson For Sale appears to be on the scheduale that day, unless there is a more recent update.

Michael Jackson for sale eh - he he I want to buy him!!

but seriously I agree wont be watching the documentary sounds as has been mentioned like it will be a rehash of the c**p they usually come up with.

I'll record it, but I may not watch it. Negative documentaries about Michael bore me more than annoye me these day's, as they are made by idiots who don't know anything about Michael and bring up the same old rumors and insinuations. Boring !!!

My Five listing for next week states that that a film called Hollow Man is on, on the 27th April at 9pm and doesn't finish until 11.10pm. No Michael Jackson For Sale appears to be on the scheduale that day, unless there is a more recent update.

Its on their website listings. Thats where I got the synopsis from

Rather than getting worked up anymore about negative documentaries about MJ, why don't fans become a bit more creative. Some fans here are quite good at producing clips and trailers that they then place on YouTube.

I think it would be great if fans could produce 3 minute, 5 minute and 10 minute clips full of info which someone, fan and non-fan can watch on YouTube.

Channel 5 and the producers of their documentary want to tap into MJ's O2 popularity to create negative stuff.

Fans can turn the tables by tapping Channel 5's promo of their documentary into creating positive stuff about MJ.

Think about this, when people watch that Channel 5 thing, clips will be posted online. Fans and non-fans will watch, some will believe the crap because there is no alternative info.

If MJCOMMUNITY could start a team of fans who know the info and can work together with those who can edit clips, such clips could be added on the forum's YouTube channel.
Also individual fans can create their own stuff.

Remember it's easier for someone to watch a YouTube clip than to read a story or info about MJ compiled on this forum as to what the truth is.
Where clips cannot be used, info can be presented as points just as it would be done on a slideshow.

Take the terms "Michael Jackson For Sale" and also use "Michael Jackson Not For Sale"
Create clips with these titles, so that when people come to YouTube to check out the Channel 5 stuff, they will land on the stuff created by fans, resulting in objectivity as then you have two sides of a story, the tabloid trash and the truth.

Fans complain about the insult "*****", in these clips, you can include segments of MJ speaking about that term and the British media.
They will talk about how he is broke, in the clip, include how in 2007, MJ purchased a catalogue worth $400million and added it to SonyATV, and show the faces of Eminem, Akon, as some of the artists on the catalogue MJ bought.

They will say MJ Neverland home, show how MJ still owns Neverland for instance using a clip from the AEG president talking about it and also show MJ mansion and say Joe Jackson at the gates of MJ's home
They will say MJ is broke, show MJ shopping recently in LA and mobbed by fans.

Just keep going down the list of all the attack avenues they will use.

WHAT DOES IT HELP
For fans who don't know this info, all they will do is watch the YouTube clip, remember not all MJ fans visit forums.

If they are at school or work and someone begins crap about what was shown about MJ on Channel 5, the fan doesn't have to bother pulling out articles or explaining, all the fans does is send the person a link or play them the clip showing the other side.

Non fans and fans who go online and happen to search "Michael Jacksons for sale" will also land on clips made by the forum and individual fans.
Those who land on it accidentally will see the alternative clips.

The media no longer have full control over what we see and don't see. It's just that many people don't know that and so they sit back as if they can't do nothing. Media have cameras, footage, transmission means and an audience.

Well, that same audience is available online and fans have footage they can source, transmission means via YouTube and the same audience the channels target online.

By being creative, we can minimize the impact of such negativity and even turn it around on the media, just the way fan unity gave the media a hard time in 2005 to freely distribute misinformation.

Not many in the public know MJ comments about ***** in 1997
Not many know he bought that catalogue with Eminem in 2007 because most media did not report
Not many know MJ has a mansion in Beverley Hills and goes out shopping, because all the media shows is photos of him in a mask, crouched, coming from the doctor

But when they produce such negativity, fans can also channel the public curiosity by creating several counter-clips that will overshadow that doc when it's posted online after broadcast, and those clips can even begin now before the broadcast.

When it's broadcast, a full counter-doc clip, say 10 minute summary or 2 clips each 10 minutes, can be compiled to deal with each misinformation included point by point, and it can be called "misinformation in Michael Jackson For Sale" because don't forget, these clips remain online for years and many fans often struggle to find out what teh truth is afterwatching such misinformation from these docs.

In turn, the perpetrators fail because their negativity provides a channel for fans to get the truth out to those curious enough to watch online or comment about what was broadcast.

^^^^ great idea. I have video editing software, and audio software. I am very much willing to help! Would be nice if at the end of it we could send it all to channel 5 :lol:

(btw I have seen the interview with Michael talking about the name *****, just didn't wanna take it anymore off topic. But at the same time I believe he was referring to its connotations due to the prefix of *****, not ***** itself. I think ***** is the issue.)

I also don't think theres much point doing videos about that. Its already on youtube and fans using the term ***** isn't really the issue. Its the media, and they don't care. And tell a hater it really hurts him, then they are just gonna use it more!

If you send the clip to Channel 5, they will just ignore it and they will just dump all your work in the "bin", an archive file or folder for responses,which they want, responses from you to watch their stuff and they know there will be many upset fans.
They could care less about the truth.

It's better that you create your compilation and post it on Youtube to use the same or similar title that the Channel5 doc will use, that way, they cannot ignore and it undermines their doc by highlighting all the misinformation in it.

Sending anything about MJ to the media is a waste of time as they will never use it.

Also, not everyone is an MJ hater. Thereare these categories

Die hard MJ fans
Average MJ fans
Curious general public
Indifferent general public
haters of celebrities
Die hard Haters of MJ

So, an informative clip will atleast be received by half the public in a fair way
Haters of celebrities and diehard haters of MJ are only a small fraction.

I'm curious about this...but the fact that theyre commenting on him 'selling his belongings' does set up a negative account i suppose.

The fact that it's called 'Michael Jackson for Sale' makes it sound like he's selling his soul!! :lol:

this docementry isn't going to make a difference, any damage these documentries could of done in the past has already been done, no one is going to watch this stuff and think "omy mj is so weird" cos the media made that image for him a long time ago, end of the day while these so called documentries speculate on how MJ is finnished, MJ will be selling out 50 shows!

Sounds like a load of crap! I will Sky plus it and watch it sometime, but I don't particularly wanna add to the ratings of it. It will be pathetic I'm sure. :smilerolleyes:

The best way to handle this is to make it obvious to the TV stations that we don't want to watch this overly negative stuff about Michael Jackson.

When this programme is broadcast, as many people as possible should email the channel within 24 hours telling them how unfair the programme was. Point out the innaccuracies with known facts and, if available, evidence to back it up.

If they get the impression that a more positive documentary would appeal to a wider audience then perhaps they will concentrate on the positive aspects next time around.
I know some of you will just say that it makes no difference and that they won't listen, but you're wrong. Channel 5 is a commercial TV channel, earning money from advertising revenue. They will want to generate the largest income they can and the best way to do that is to generate larger viewing figure by giving the people what they want.

Back