Michael Interviewed by Brett Ratner (Video)

thank u for sharing and for all the links. God bless.

Last edited:
I love the face he does when he says he had Brooke Shield posters, he was very shy:smilerolleyes:

It was great to see MJ have a bad hair day, wearing his trucker cap, and his plaid shirt. Just being in chill mode at the house or hotel talking about what he loves..

Great post thanks for the video.. Oh how I wish there were hundred more hours of him just talking about stuff, I wouldn't care what the topic would've been just as long as MJ is talking unscripted.

I love this video I had to watch it again.. so adorable :wub:

:bugeyedOH MY GOD.. best interview EVER!!!
So raw, so beautiful..and great questions. He was so relaxed and in his own element.... I could listen to his voice forever! Miss him...:(

I want more.

See, this is what I've been talking about all along! What a great, honest and insightful interview that was.....its the kinda thing that you wish these so called journalists would've asked him over the years but instead they chose the tabloid gutter route!

You get more out of Mike when you come at him with some sense!

Does anyone know if Brett will release more interviews he has done with Michael?

Has he said something about this topic?

Imagine a 2 hour dvd release with just Michael speaking -wonderful!:)

wow i loved that..................could have easily watched hours and hours of that......so interesting watching a real interview instead of a clearing up rumours interview like they usually turned into with a journalist

Thank you for sharing. Definitely the best interview Michael ever did. If only other interviewers had dropped the personal questions about things he'd already put to rest before and asked questions like this, the wider world would have seen a very different, more comfortable, more himself Michael. Love it. Love the man. He's my inspiration as a writer, even though we work with different art forms.

Thank you for this; it really made my day brighter. Remembering what Michael really was about, and not focusing on the sadness.
THANK YOU!!

I love this man!

Brilliant, Brilliant conversation with Michael and Brett. I just love listen to Michael talk about his creativity and he's views on creativity. When Michael talks you can here just how unlimited his mind was, the mind of a genius. This is exactly the type of conversation I always wished I could have had with Michael.

Thanks Dandyn for posting this amazing video, and big thanks to Brett Ratner for capurting Michael on film in how I and many fans believed he was, which was shy, humble, and super intelligent and a genius.

Aww Michael, I don't understand how the world could bring you so down..

Yeah but isn't he wearing another shirt?
Anyway, this footage is SO precious, he is so passionate about what he does that's what makes him so good! It's beautiful to see how relaxed he is.
It's not for the money, not for the fame, it's because he loves performing and music with all of his heart.

Aw, Michael you would have blown them all away on stage :wub:... if only.....:sad:

See, this is what I've been talking about all along! What a great, honest and insightful interview that was.....its the kinda thing that you wish these so called journalists would've asked him over the years but instead they chose the tabloid gutter route!

You get more out of Mike when you come at him with some sense!
^^^^^:yes:^^^^^

thank you so much for posting....that was just..amazing

Does anyone know if Brett will release more interviews he has done with Michael?

Has he said something about this topic?

Imagine a 2 hour dvd release with just Michael speaking -wonderful!:)

I assume there is more video than this, I know Brett has spoken about it before. I'd love to see more video of Mike speaking :D

wow... never saw it... how simple, appreciative, knowledgable he is...

wow...

thank you very much for posting this, i enjoyed it.

Wow this is so sweet yet sad. :(

GOD I want him back. I want to meet this man. :cry:

MJ: "one spotlight baby" lol

WHOAW!
This interview is great. This is the man I love. Talking about the music, being natural and casual in his body language.
xx

thank you for posting, just perfect!

Was thrilled he mentioned 3 of my all time favourite pieces of music - Clair de Lune, Arabesque and On Broadway. I had the Debussy played at my wedding...

Amazing interview....finally great questions. It's obvious Brett was a good friend, with the right intentions. And damn....'greatest lesson learned?" and he says....not to trust anybody in the record industry, lots of sharks there. He knew it so well :(.

But great interview and shows what a smart guy he was, and i love that part about believing in yourself.

Oh and the part about what kind of posters he had on his wall when he was young. Brooke Shields..haha.

MJ being really serious.lol. That was so unguarded.

I've read this interview somewhere before...but it was cool to see the video counterpart. Thanks dadyn for posting it. Great stuff! :flowers:

How amazing was that? I could listen to Michael talk forever. I so wish I could have talked to him.

Thankyou for posting.

It would be really great if some of us write to Brett - email: brett@brettratner.com

and thank him for the video.That was a great gift for Mikes Fans on his birthday

This is a great interview thanks...just hanging out, no bull. Looks like it may have been conducted when he was down in Miami, kudos to Ratner...Michael is right on about the record companies needing to be audited...without the artist's talent and creativity, the companies would be hardware nothing more.

Back