"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I love Minecraft and Michael Jackson but I have a preference for the latter. at 10 years old, as a child, I was in love with him so I would have preferred to see a film about Michael and be exhilarated for three hours than Minecraft even if I love the game (but I moderately enjoyed the Super Mario Bros. film while I love the franchise so it has to be done well).

I'm 18 now and I can't wait to see this movie when I'm 19.

it is possible to have 2 very different movies perform miracles at the box office. Case in point Barbie vs Oppenheimer last year.
Minecraft will probably hit the billion box office kids+parents. Michael settles with 500 million.
As a parent no way I’m ever watching a Minecraft movie. The game is hard enough to watch 😂 Michael wins that match

if they are gonna deal with the allegations and the other stuff then there is no possible way this is gonna be for kids, at the very least it could get a pg13 rating even though it'll probably be higher like a R rating.

I try to criticise the statement and not the person but y'all got the attention spans of goldfish. You got to remember that this movie is important and they wouldn't spend so much time on a 1 and a half our piece of crap. Even Graham King has confirmed it's gonna be a long movie so stop expecting it to be otherwise.

Also when people actually into something they'll sit through it no matter how long, If that wasn't true then an 8 hour video about the show Victorious wouldn't have 6.8 million views.

If bad but entertaining movies are your thing then I could recommend you some btw.

if they are gonna deal with the allegations and the other stuff then there is no possible way this is gonna be for kids, at the very least it could get a pg13 rating even though it'll probably be higher like a R rating.
Exactly so. A film that explores the difficult parts of Michael's story is not going to get a U rating.

I try to criticise the statement and not the person but y'all got the attention spans of goldfish.
Not all of us. :)

People of all ages are going to watch this film. The idea that MJ has no kid fans is absurd.
Your right a bunch of kids love Mjj, I'm always amazed by how LONG and far reaching music is,people don't get that, music can last a lifetime, which is what keeps some artists around forever like, bach,Chopin or beethoven.I grew up learning there music as a kid & other music isn't any different. Art is eternal.just Not all Art or Artists 🤣 1❤️✌🏾

@onbeltran

"Johnny Rossa will play Brad Buxer in the Michael Jackson biopic, according to IMDb."

GSZ40TbXwAAcpxb

Hearing that Brad Buxer is gonna be on the movie is super exciting news, means the movie will actually delve into MJ's music career in the 90's instead of skimming through it. I wonder if they'll show the creation of Stranger In Moscow since it's arguably the most popular out of all MJ/BB songs.

Hearing that Brad Buxer is gonna be on the movie is super exciting news, means the movie will actually delve into MJ's music career in the 90's instead of skimming through it. I wonder if they'll show the creation of Stranger In Moscow since it's arguably the most popular out of all MJ/BB songs.
Doubt it tbh, I'd imagine these actors are just glorified extras.

They will want a shot for shot authentic concert performance so that's why the whole band have been cast.

Hang on, didn't Brad Buxer say that the film doesn't go past 94/95 in a tweet recently?

Doubt it tbh, I'd imagine these actors are just glorified extras.

They will want a shot for shot authentic concert performance so that's why the whole band have been cast.

Hang on, didn't Brad Buxer say that the film doesn't go past 94/95 in a tweet recently?
It was Michael Prince who said that the movie won't go past the HIStory tour but yeah true. I'm just hoping that they'll show a bit of the creation of the Dangerous/HIStory albums instead of showing the 93 allegations and then just skip to the HIStory tour without showing anything in between, that's just lazy. If they're not gonna get into MJ's career in the last decade of his life then that's the least they could do.

It could be that career-wise it won't go past the HIStory tour but they could still show some of MJ's personal life in the 2000's years. So that means no 30th anniversary concerts, no Invincible album, no TII or anything that was made between 1997-2009.
I will be dissapointed if you turn out to be right.

It was Michael Prince who said that the movie won't go past the HIStory tour but yeah true. I'm just hoping that they'll show a bit of the creation of the Dangerous/HIStory albums instead of showing the 93 allegations and then just skip to the HIStory tour without showing anything in between, that's just lazy. If they're not gonna get into MJ's career in the last decade of his life then that's the least they could do.
No Michael Prince claimed the film ends before the HIStory album/tour. He is obviously not involved an wrong. Does the tweet still stand on his account, then it even more obviously he has no insider-knowledge, otherwise he had to delete the tweet

Last edited:
No Michael Prince claimed the film ends before the HIStory album/tour. He is obviously not involved an wrong. Does the tweet stll stand on his account, then it even more obviously he has no insider-lhnowledge, otherwise he had to delete the tweet
Graham allready said there will a tidibits of TII
It's contradicting for sure, but it's not far fetched to believe him when he's been involved in many Estate projects like the TII movie, the Michael and Xscape albums and potentially some other projects. He even said he has recorded with Jaafar. https://x.com/MichaelPrinceMD/status/1621235346720854016

I don't want to believe that the movie is going to end that early on but when Graham King says that the movie will cover MJ's entire life I honestly think that's just PR talk, there hasn't been a lot of evidence that shows otherwise. We haven't gotten one set leak from the 90's-2000's period and most of the actors who have been scaled are playing people who were around in MJ's life in the 70's-80's. So far it's all pointing out to what MP has said to be true.

I don't want to believe that the movie is going to end that early on but when Graham King says that the movie will cover MJ's entire life I honestly think that's just PR talk, there hasn't been a lot of evidence that shows otherwise. We haven't gotten one set leak from the 90's-2000's period and most of the actors who have been scaled are playing people who were around in MJ's life in the 70's-80's. So far it's all pointing out to what MP has said to be true.
Yes, it'd be strange if the film covers the allegations and not at least show his aquittal on June 13, 2005.
Unless they're already planinng a sequel...

Not gonna reply to each of you but here some more thoughts based off what y'all are saying:

"Will they show the second half of his life?"
- Arguably Michael's story is the most complex and intricate from 1993-09. 3 of the biggest 5 events of his life: 93 case, 05 case, and his death happen in that time. Along with, rehab, the birth of his kids, 2 marriages, 2 studio albums, a world tour, the bridge incident --> beginning of his addictions, and the bashir doc. Unless they're hoping to make the biopic 2 movies w/ the first focusing on birth--> HWT, and the second being like his LMP-marriage --> death, we're getting it all and I'd be willing to bet that anything pre-93 will take up a grand total of 35-40 minutes.

- If I also had to guess, the 93 case will get the most screen time as it is the murkiest area of his career *to the general public* since there was a settlement and not a trial, & outside of hardcore fans, most people won't know the intricacies of that case. Compared to the 05 trial where the outcome is a straightforward 'not guilty' verdict.

"How will they fit every one of my favorite songs in the film"
- They're not gonna put full songs in the film, at best it will be a minute or two per track. the BoRhap movie had 30 songs and clocked in at 2hr 14. Rocketman had 22 songs and was barely 2 hours. I think we're gonna get adequate time for each song; with some songs such as Billie Jean, MITM, probably getting more time than others.

my own little theory:
- We're gonna get a speedrun of the 90s post civil trial, slow for a bit around invincible and his drug problem (probably get a scene recreating 30th anniversary where he's high as balls on stage) then Bashir--> trial--> not guilty--> debt/trying to make new music-->TII-->pass--> aftermath. I'd be willing to bet that they're probably gonna build up the story at the end that Michael was putting the pieces of his career back together as a triumphant comeback with TII and a new album, and then he dies without getting to share his talents with the world one last time.

OR if the film doesn't show anything after HIStory like MP says:

- HIStory/ the tour is gonna be used as a vice to show his comeback from the 93 allegations, since all things considered the album did sell fairly well. they'd probably use opening night at Prague since that had some absurd attendance like 125,000. Using one of the songs from the album we're gonna get an Elvis-style ending where a performance of SIM or probably History will be used to transition to real footage/archived footage where we'll get an ending title card referencing either his passing, the not guilty, his 3 kids, his continued dominance on the charts despite the accusations, or none of them. With the hopes that this film is successful enough to garner a sequel.

im telling you, you are underestimating it. as a parent, which would you rather bring your kids to, the Michael Jackson movie or the minecraft movie?
If they know who Michael is and like him, then michael ofc, but honestly I wouldn’t want my kids to play minecraft

it is possible to have 2 very different movies perform miracles at the box office. Case in point Barbie vs Oppenheimer last year.
Minecraft will probably hit the billion box office kids+parents. Michael settles with 500 million.
There’s no way Michael would get 500 in that scenario, this is fucking Michael Jackson, don’t forget that. One of the famous person in the world to ever live

There’s no way Michael would get 500 in that scenario, this is fucking Michael Jackson, don’t forget that. One of the famous person in the world to ever live
Make no mistake 500 million would be a big success. Out of all the biopics only the Queen one will have performed better at the box office. In 3rd place comes Elvis with 300+ million.

Back