The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Speaking of which, I'm still very interested in knowing what this snippet is. It sounds quite modern. I bet it's a song from the later years.
Not sure how I feel about that snippet, sounds like something Prince would do on either Musicology or 3121 album. I love both albums but Mike was too cool to try and copy Prince's sound

There is song called world is no church registered in copyright
Yes and it is a song from the Invincible album

Here's the info:

Bill Bottrell on X:

I just went and listened to the 2010 version [of IYDLM].
To my surprise the small fixes and a better mix did improve the overall experience. Nothing dramatic though.
Regarding what didn't make Dangerous:
This one if M. and I could've finished it
Earth Song
Monkey Business

The estate had so many songs in hand for the Michael album - and I'm sure they had more that we don't know of since this is the first time we're ever hearing about If You Don't Love Me's inclusion - that it just makes me question more and more why instead of going for a few of the dozens of real songs they had available, they decided to go with 3 fake songs and thought they could fool everyone into thinking that it wasn't an impersonator singing them even though it obviously was, and on top of that how no one over Sony tried to oppose to those 3 tracks being released. Like, this is a level of idiocy that irks me lol.

The Faking Michael podcast can't come out soon enough because at the end of it all this is a story that fascinates me and I really want to know how a fraud of this scale came to be.

The estate had so many songs in hand for the Michael album - and I'm sure they had more that we don't know of since this is the first time we're ever hearing about If You Don't Love Me's inclusion - that it just makes me question more and more why instead of going for a few of the dozens of real songs they had available, they decided to go with 3 fake songs and thought they could fool everyone into thinking that it wasn't an impersonator singing them even though it obviously was, and on top of that how no one over Sony tried to oppose to those 3 tracks being released. Like, this is a level of idiocy that irks me lol. The Faking Michael podcast can't come out soon enough because at the end of it all this is a story that fascinates me and I really want to know how a fraud of this scale came to be.
Sony and the Estate - fits like hand in glove

that it just makes me question more and more why instead of going for a few of the dozens of real songs they had available, they decided to go with 3 fake songs and thought they could fool everyone into thinking that it wasn't an impersonator singing them even though it obviously was, and on top of that how no one over Sony tried to oppose to those 3 tracks being released.
They fit that "late 2000s" era we want to hear, but very few songs actually fit. After Will.i.am bowed out, probably they were desperate. Also

The people at Sony pushed for the album and probably their inclusion. Multiple people, John McClain himself, boycotted them. Branca and the head of Sony overruled him.

Bill Bottrell on X:

To my surprise the small fixes and a better mix did improve the overall experience. Nothing dramatic though.
Earth Song
Monkey Business
I wonder what the reworked version would sound like

Did anyone ever manage to archive the alleged snippet of "Turning Me Off" that floated around ? I believe it was mentioned on TheMJCast.

The estate had so many songs in hand for the Michael album - and I'm sure they had more that we don't know of since this is the first time we're ever hearing about If You Don't Love Me's inclusion - that it just makes me question more and more why instead of going for a few of the dozens of real songs they had available, they decided to go with 3 fake songs and thought they could fool everyone into thinking that it wasn't an impersonator singing them even though it obviously was, and on top of that how no one over Sony tried to oppose to those 3 tracks being released. Like, this is a level of idiocy that irks me lol.

The Faking Michael podcast can't come out soon enough because at the end of it all this is a story that fascinates me and I really want to know how a fraud of this scale came to be.
Jason isn’t even close to MJ lmao like his accent, his vibrato and all dat don’t make sense, also “EVERYBODY WATCHING THE NEWS OF MICHAEL JACKSON”

Bill Bottrell on X:

Earth Song
Monkey Business

As interesting as it would've been, I can't picture these on the final configuration of Dangerous.

For me, they don't fit the overall feel of Dangerous. I don't see ES existing on the same album as HTW, WYBT and KTF without removing 1 or 2 of them.....as far as production, IYDLM doesn't sound like anything on the album and MB feels like a bside.

How would you arrange them on the track list?
I would replace htw with es and would get rid of clhga & sdmw in favour of iydlm & botdf. I would also swap gts with fat.

As for mb, probably ktf would have to leave.

I'll never understand you people who don't like Dangerous' album tracks. There's 80% less blackness in this album when you get rid of so much of Teddy Riley, AND Keep The Faith. Just unfair.

I would replace htw with es and would get rid of clhga & sdmw in favour of iydlm & botdf. I would also swap gts with fat.

As for mb, probably ktf would have to leave.

Jam
In the Closet
If You Don't Love Me
Remember the Time
Blood on the Dance Floor
Earth Song
Black or White
Who Is It
Give In to Me
Will You Be There
Monkey Business
For All Time
Dangerous

I don't know.....IYDLM would throw me off with production.

She Got It would've been a good addition also and I can see that replacing SDMW or CLHGA

Jam
In the Closet
If You Don't Love Me
Remember the Time
Blood on the Dance Floor
Earth Song
Black or White
Who Is It
Give In to Me
Will You Be There
Monkey Business
For All Time
Dangerous

I don't know.....IYDLM would throw me off with production.

She Got It would've been a good addition also and I can see that replacing SDMW or CLHGA
IYDLM would be to Black or White what Can't Let Her Get Away is to Remember The Time for most people.

Based on the 1993 deposition, we can infer that Rolling the Dice was a home demo that never left Hayvenhurst, like several tracks from Prince’s “Piano and a Microphone 1983” (i.e. Cold Coffee and Cocaine). If this is the case, it’s likely that the reason it was left off of Thriller 40 was because it wasn’t up to the vocal par that the Estate requires to release a song, and not Quincy’s rejection, as Quincy would’ve had no say on it. All of the home demos are very rough scratch vocals, laying the groundwork. The reason we have the home demos we have is because they are from songs Michael either released or worked on in an actual studio (Behind the Mask). Something that never made it to a studio probably isn’t going to be released.

Based on the 1993 deposition, we can infer that Rolling the Dice was a home demo that never left Hayvenhurst, like several tracks from Prince’s “Piano and a Microphone 1983” (i.e. Cold Coffee and Cocaine). If this is the case, it’s likely that the reason it was left off of Thriller 40 was because it wasn’t up to the vocal par that the Estate requires to release a song, and not Quincy’s rejection, as Quincy would’ve had no say on it. All of the home demos are very rough scratch vocals, laying the groundwork. The reason we have the home demos we have is because they are from songs Michael either released or worked on in an actual studio (Behind the Mask). Something that never made it to a studio probably isn’t going to be released.
Huh interesting

Back