Legends Festival: Four Day Birthday Bash in Gary for Michael

is Paris signing an autograph ? lol looks like it :p

yes it looks to me as though she was signing an autograph...and for what reason..she should not signing anything. She is the daughter of Michael Jackson..she has not done anything significant in her own little life yet to sign autographs. I dont think for one minute that her father Michael Jackson would let her sign autographs. The Jacksons again put the kids out there and let them do whatever they want. Talk to fans sign autographs..it has become common place for stuff like this to happen. These kids are NOT celebrities. they are merely the children of one...the Jacksons USE them ...as always.
u

Michael's children have grown up SO much ... can hardly believe it!

Wonderful to see them so happy.

I really would LOVE it that the MJ Fan-mily joined the Jackson Family in Unity and Respect towards each other.

Enough of the jibes towards them. We are being so un MIKE-LIKE with comments like these.

I doubt it that this would please Michael because he may have had difference with them .... but he always remained respectful.

I think we all need to look in the mirror and honestly ask ourselves if we have Michael's & his children's interest at heart by attacking his family. The very people who are left to look after his children.

Just sayin .....

Respect is NOT given it is earned and the Jackson family has done NOTHING to earn it, My allegiance is for Michael ..Prince , Paris and Blanket..NOT the whole Jackson family that has sold him out in life and now in death..sorry NO WAY never gonna happen

^^They are trying to make them celebrities, to keep the gravy train going. I wouldn't be surprised if Latoya signs them on to her label Ja-Fail in the near future. She was the one encouraging Paris to get her twitter account verified.

I have this horrible feeling that she wants his children to think that she's a better, more 'fun' aunt, than he was a father.

The same way she keeps telling the media that Michael was too strict in raising them, who's to say she hasn't told the same to his children - that it was wrong of him to cover their faces in public, not allow them to watch TV excessively or access the Internet unsupervised? Thus make his children question certain aspects of his parenting.

She's an enabler, and a very poor example and influence to them.

This event has surprisingly received a lot of press. As I type this, I am sitting in a sports bar completely surprised that I've just watched Michael's children Paris and Blanket give a brief interview to local ABC reporter Evelyn Holmes. No matter what the circumstances and schemes that brought them to Gary, it is very apparent that those children love their dad. For those interested in their interview, it should be posted on ABC 7 Chicago.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE INTERVIEW:
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8331041

Blanket's interview is so...PRECIOUS!!!!

If someone knows how, will you post the video directly to this site?
Thanks.

Michael Jacksons's children are Michael's true REAL Legacy.
angel3r.gif

Last edited:
^^They are trying to make them celebrities, to keep the gravy train going. I wouldn't be surprised if Latoya signs them on to her label Ja-Fail in the near future. She was the one encouraging Paris to get her twitter account verified.

I have this horrible feeling that she wants his children to think that she's a better aunt, than he was a father. She's an enabler, and a very poor example and influence to them.

yes I have seen the mess going on with twitter.LaToya is a airhead. So she wants us to think. She has actually stund me with her involvement in this tribute concert Yes I agree she does want the kids to like her best...the problem with that is if they weren't children and they were grown adults they themselves would see that she is NOT. There common sense would kick in and say to them...hay she doesn't even have any children and what she is doing is wrong LaToya's day will come when these kids WILL be adults and figure all this stuff out

Paris and Blanket (he is effing adorable!) talking about their dad in the video below:
Michael Jackson's children meet fans in Gary, Ind. | abc7chicago.com
Michael Jackson's kids meet fans in Gary, Ind. | Video | abc7chicago.com
<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=wls&section=&mediaId=8331116&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true"
src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=wls&section=&mediaId=8331116&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=">
</embed>
</object>
August 27, 2011 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- As Gary, Ind., celebrates what would have been Michael Jackson's 53rd birthday, his children got a glimpse of what their father's childhood was like.

The Jackson siblings made a rare public appearance in Gary this weekend with their grandmother Katherine Jackson and other relatives for the city's celebration of their father. Jackson's official birthday is Monday.

"We adjusted over the past years. And I think that coming here, seeing our dad's old house, and all the fans coming out, I think it is really sweet they did that," said Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson's daughter.

It wasn't long ago that the world watched as Prince, 14, Paris, 13, and Blanket, 9, bid farewell to their father. On Saturday night, the children posed for pictures and signed autographs for fans during the town's three-day celebration.

"It's good to see the place where our dad grew up," said Blanket Jackson, Michael Jackson's son.

Michael Jackson's childhood home at 2300 Jackson remains a beehive of activity as throngs of fans pay tribute at the legend's stage.

"I am happy for this type of a thing not only going on here, but going on all over the world," said Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's father.

The Jackson family says seeing the community and fans from everywhere honoring Michael makes them feel wonderful as they vow to keep his music and his legacy.

When asked how she wants her father to be remembered, Paris Jackson said: "As one of the greatest and nicest guys ever."

(Copyright ©2011 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Last edited:
Paris and Blanket (he is effing adorable!) talking about their dad in the video below:
Michael Jackson's children meet fans in Gary, Ind. | abc7chicago.com
Michael Jackson's kids meet fans in Gary, Ind. | Video | abc7chicago.com

allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true"
src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=wls&section=&mediaId=8331116&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=">

I cannot believe that the media was allowed to stick that Microphone in little Blankets face. He obviously did NOT want to speak to them, Do they NOT realize that it is hard on that little boy. WHY this charade is being allowed to keep on is beyond me. HOW MUCH more is going to be tolerated?? I really am getting sick and tired of fans thinking that Michael's children should always be put on display. They are CHILDREN they should have privacy. There are some fans that take every single opportunity to post or tweet or something to these kids. I needs to STOP. Would YOU like some stranger always talking to or posting pics or tweeting YOUR child? Of course NOT. So why do fans continue to do it to Michael's children. The fascination needs to be done already. When these kids turn of age and they choose the spotlight then that is different....but until that day,,,,BACK THE HELL OFF OF MICHAEL'S CHILDREN As fans of Michael's we all KNOW he would NOT allow it..so what is the difference...just because he is not here he should still be shown the same respect as though he was.

Thanks, MissCassieMollie.

Bluesky
, Michael's children are wise beyond their years. :wub:

I cannot believe that the media was allowed to stick that Microphone in little Blankets face. He obviously did NOT want to speak to them, Do they NOT realize that it is hard on that little boy. WHY this charade is being allowed to keep on is beyond me. HOW MUCH more is going to be tolerated?? I really am getting sick and tired of fans thinking that Michael's children should always be put on display. They are CHILDREN they should have privacy. There are some fans that take every single opportunity to post or tweet or something to these kids. I needs to STOP. Would YOU like some stranger always talking to or posting pics or tweeting YOUR child? Of course NOT. So why do fans continue to do it to Michael's children. The fascination needs to be done already. When these kids turn of age and they choose the spotlight then that is different....but until that day,,,,BACK THE HELL OFF OF MICHAEL'S CHILDREN As fans of Michael's we all KNOW he would NOT allow it..so what is the difference...just because he is not here he should still be shown the same respect as though he was.

I know...Whether being used or not, at least Paris doesn't mind the media glare, but poor Blanket? He wasn't smiling, mumbled through his teeth, and showed little enthusiasm.

Even if he wanted to visit his father's old house, it's very obvious that he didn't want to speak to the press. Everyone knows he's very shy, including Katherine who said it on Oprah. Shame on the adults around him.

Beautiful, happy kids interacting with regular folks showing them real love. Crazy and sick, the dissecting of the kids every move.

How nice that Mike kids got to see his old home in Gary! I noticed some cousins went too, which proably made them feel more comfortable! It was a nice interview and postive thing for people to see them lovin & missin their dad and to see how well he raise them. Can't be negative about everything!

Youtube version of Paris and Blanket speaking for people who can't see the video:
Thanks for posting. It's obvious from that short interview what a good job Michael did raising his children, and how much they love and miss their dad. I believe that his 3 kids will be Michael's greatest legacy.

Resa thanks for the video. Really sweet. Blanket is so so adorable and Paris is extremely coherent and conscientious for a 13 year old girl.

First time i heard blanket speak.a real cutie.never really watch videos of the kids speaking as it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

While this outing may seem harmless enough, let us not pretend that there have not been other occasions when the family has used the children for personal gain (will not rehash here).

We have to take each occasion on its merit but we also cannot ignore any patterns that develop.

I will say that Paris' focus on Michael THE PERSON is great to hear.

Re: Prince, Paris and Blanket in Gary Indiana

Very nice, thanks for posting!

Youtube version of Paris and Blanket speaking for people who can't see the video:

Yes, Michael Jackson's REAL Beautiful Legacy is his three precious children.
angel3l.gif
My prayer is that they are well taken care of;
because I can feel there father's spirit in them.
angel3r.gif

Katherine looks like she misses that house and it's simplicity. Even if then they were poor and struggling.
Picture of Joe with Blanket, I hope he's talking to Blanket about stuff that happened in this house, anecdotes about his dad and stuff.

Its always nice to see how well MJ's kids are doing, such beautiful kids. I was so happy to hear Paris speak on her dad, especially when she could've said ...'he was the greatest, nicest entertainer', she instead said, 'he was the greatest, nicest person'....thank you for that Paris.

And Blanket, its just so uncanny how Michael-like he is....God bless his little cute heart.

Here are some videos of Prince, Paris, and Blanket taken by fans in
Gary, Indiana: :)

seeing joseph with those children makes me want to throw up on his old wrinkled senile face.
I hate it

Last edited:
Okay twinkLEE.....I feel your angst, but what can anybody do? I don't like it either but the situation is what it is. I just sincerely hope those children turn out to be the human beings their father was raising them to be.

Re: Prince, Paris and Blanket in Gary Indiana

Thanks for posting!!

Back