Katherine Jackson Speaks For First Time Since Michael's Death

thanks.. just watched this

she sounds devastated :(

hope she isnt being controlled by joe

errr WHAT! think you misunderstood.. the devastated part was a seperate paragraph to the control one,hence the spacing to indicate seperate issues.
i think youd have to be a nut not to realise why shes devastated

Poor Katherine...yes, what mother wouldn't be devastated?

But, yeah, the beating part... not sure I can say Joe wasn't behind this.

I wish she would stop covering up for Joe.

Basically makes Michael look like a liar about the beatings. I am someone who always criticized Michael for lying when he does but I don't believe he lied about the beatings. Nobody makes up something like that and nobody turns out the way he did without a reason.

I have no doubts about Joe's nature any more since I have seen him at the BET awards, two days after Michael's death. Or when he went on TV to fuel rumours about Omer being Michael's son. And are we supposed to believe Michael was the liar here, oh c'mon!

I have nothing against Katherine personally but I wish she would stop covering Joe's ass. Basically she already should have done it while Michael and his siblings were kids...

I wish she would stop covering up for Joe.

Basically makes Michael look like a liar about the beatings. I am someone who always criticized Michael for lying when he does but I don't believe he lied about the beatings. Nobody makes up something like that and nobody turns out the way he did without a reason.

I have no doubts about Joe's nature any more since I have seen him at the BET awards, two days after Michael's death. Or when he went on TV to fuel rumours about Omer being Michael's son. And are we supposed to believe Michael was the liar here, oh c'mon!

I have nothing against Katherine personally but I wish she would stop covering Joe's ass. Basically she already should have done it while Michael and his siblings were kids...
You're right... It's easier said than done though... I have read so many accounts of women, some of them almost beaten to death, that keep coming back to their husbands. They cannot escape it. Being controlled is a very powerful thing, you'll do as you're told without questions. It even looks normal to you.

okay now im confused! i thought it was public record that michael was beaten by his father joe? and i thought joe even said he whipped michael with a belt? and now katherine disputes all that stuff all those years ago? so what michael was lying? i will tell you something now - there have been very very few instances where people lie about being abused. usually when someone says they were abused, its because it happened.

poor katherine ,but I don't know what's she still doing with joe,..lol.I though they where divorced

whats sickening is women who continually make excuses for abusive men. society is full of stories of women who in one way or another condone the activity. maybe katherine believes what happened didnt happen? or maybe she just explains away her husbands behavior as good ole joe dishing out some respect for authority. i do not believe michael made up stories about the abuse. and she sounds a lot closer to her ex? than most us thought. i wouldnt let joe around any kids i know period.

okay now im confused! i thought it was public record that michael was beaten by his father joe? and i thought joe even said he whipped michael with a belt? and now katherine disputes all that stuff all those years ago? so what michael was lying? i will tell you something now - there have been very very few instances where people lie about being abused. usually when someone says they were abused, its because it happened.

From Michael's problems in his life it is very clear to me he didn't just make up those alligations of being abused as a child. Some people say it's Thriller's success that changed him but it is simply not true. I have seen many interviews with him from the end of the 70s and he was so insecure and shy, always looking down, never satisfied with his looks. Why? Because he was coming from a healthy family background? There must have been a reason for a kid to be that insecure and shy, despite of always being admired by millions of fans and girls. He was clearly very much hurt already back then.

although I dont like the way she brings Michaels kids up (JW), she is the mother of her son who she lost...

Love her and all but that was a pointless interview. What statements? She did not have to state anything, who gives a crap about rumours. I dont. ''I know sweetheart..'' Sorry, I love Geraldo, he's cool.. But that comment was so unnecessary... He does NOT know how they feel! Pointless interview.. Its only been a month.. Why ask questions she cannot answer.

Last edited:
If there is one person on this earth that was the closest to michael besides his children.
it was this woman, his momma........I feel so sorry for her.....losing a child is not natural......
God bless you katherine, you,re the best mom mike ever could have wished for...
Good that you cleared up some rumours, don,t let the press spread so many rumours...

fuck the press michael is the best!!!

exactly! in my work as a counsellor i have heard endless stories from women who phone in and say oh my husband/boyfriend (insert whatever) just hit me or my child but i still love him. when i say go to the authorities and alert them about the abuse, they then start blustering saying oh its not really abuse. i think thats too harsh a term. he was just a little mad and things got out of control. i listen to their stories and think - yeah giving a kid a black eye or whipping them to the point that the kid has to be admitted to hospital is just getting a little mad - not! im sick to death of people explaining away abuse. its rampant throughout society and it makes me so angry because there are so many instances where people come out and say no, thats not the way it happened. theyre lying about the abuse when it takes so much courage to come forward and admit it in the first place.

From Michael's problems in his life it is very clear to me he didn't just make up those alligations of being abused as a child. Some people say it's Thriller's success that changed him but it is simply not true. I have seen many interviews with him from the end of the 70s and he was so insecure and shy, always looking down, never satisfied with his looks. Why? Because he was coming from a healthy family background? There must have been a reason for a kid to be that insecure and shy, despite of always being admired by millions of fans and girls. He was clearly very much hurt already back then.

Everyone knows there was abuse in the past. The Jacksons - An american dream, Living With MJ, Moonwalker (if that was the book...)... No need to deny ofcourse, the reason why she denies it is because it WOULD be inapropriate for her to come out and say such things when she has 3 grandchildren to look after NOW. What good comes out of telling the world Joe was an abuser and have Paris, Prince and Blanket hear their grandmums statements and add more fuel to the fire? No need to scare the kids!!! I believe in my heart Joe is good to them. No need to bring up pasts.

Im not trying to defend no body here, but I dont see any reason why Katherine needs to ''admit'' there was abuse going on. Because it was a LONG long time ago..

she just made me cry. it feels she's so heartbroken but at the same time you can feel that she's got this strength. God Bless her and the children

katherine is protecting her family, that,s what i can make out of it, and i understand her for that.
Yes, plus the family has already so much on it's plate and so much hurt to deal with that it's only natural that she doesn't want to add to that by getting involved in a public argument with Joe. The media would get a collective orgasm just thinking about all the juicy stories they could write and talk about if that were to happen.

In the Jacksons movie they address the beatings. Now, beatings have a different meaning. He "whipped" his boys but by thier definition he did not beat them. Remember, this was the 70's b4 the days of reported child abuse. A Lot of kids were whipped with belts, extention cords, or the branches from trees

thats very true. plus she belongs to the older generation. they thought of whippings differently back then. and my god how many millions of kids were abused - theres endless horror stories. fact is, michael was a very sensitive thoughful kid so while in the minds of some a whipping might not sound so serious, im sure that hurt him very much - obviously so, given that he talked about it

In the Jacksons movie they address the beatings. Now, beatings have a different meaning. He "whipped" his boys but by thier definition he did not beat them. Remember, this was the 70's b4 the days of reported child abuse. A Lot of kids were whipped with belts, extention cords, or the branches from trees

Maybe in her mind, Joe was disciplining (sp?) Michael not 'beating'

i wouldnt be surprised. so many parents have used that same argument as justification. in fact in my line of work ive talked to many parents who resent the fact that laws have changed in many parts of the world and they cant 'discipline' their child anymore. problem with disciplining a child - take a parent, their size, mass. now take a kid. tiny, helpless, defenceless. and take a belt. made of leather. it doesnt take much to do some serious damage - not to mention the psychological damage of being beaten by your parent.

Maybe in her mind, Joe was disciplining (sp?) Michael not 'beating'

Back