JUST IN: Michael Jackson died of lethal levels of propofol, court documents show

It's really sad that MJ decided to take this drugs... But i dont have sleeping disorders, so i can't judge him.

But why the hell did doctor give him so much medications?

TMZ is also saying this (about drugs found in the search):

According to the report, cops also found Valium, Tamsulosin, Lorazepam, Temazepam, Clonazepam, Trazodone and Tizanidine, along with the Propofol.

According to the report, the various drugs were prescribed by Dr. Murray, Dr. Arnold Klein and Dr. Allan Metzger.
ok and that's how they all can come out clean. They can blame Michael for using drugs and not imforming other doctors what he was doing.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT WAS SO SIMPLE! i think there's a murder hidden very deep. I'm so afraid they'll get away with that ....

This is insane...why so many drugs! If any person who cared about MJ was there for him, why they did not help him. It seems most of the people knew what was going on...did they just want to stick their head in sand or what. So what if he demanded it. You do not kill someone like that...doctors can not even do that with the patients approval (apart from few countries).

If this goes to court, I suspect they want to show MJ as a drug addict. So far the story seems to be working.

(about drugs found in the search):!!!!! in the search! not in the system.

ok and that's how they all can come out clean. They can blame Michael for using drugs and not imforming other doctors what he was doing.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT WAS SO SIMPLE! i think there's a murder hidden very deep. I'm so afraid they'll get away with that ....

Didn't Klein say he prescribed Temazepam to Michael on LK??

So the "document" is a search warrant? I can't see how all this info would be on a search warrant. I wonder if there will be a screen-shot and link to the actual document?

That's just INSANE! (if even true. . . . ) Did Murray know ANYTHING about the synergistic effects of all those drugs? Michael "demanded" the Propofol? We have NO way to know if he did. That sounds like a lethal cocktail of drugs. Even a Girl Scout would know that. This clears up. . . nothing. If true, Murray might as well have taken a baseball bat to Michael's head and put him to sleep permanently. The effect was the same.
Seriously... And the Michael demanded thing isn't gonna fly with me.. You're not giving a patient this kind of cocktail, regardless of his wishes, period.

TMZ is also saying this (about drugs found in the search):

According to the report, cops also found Valium, Tamsulosin, Lorazepam, Temazepam, Clonazepam, Trazodone and Tizanidine, along with the Propofol.

According to the report, the various drugs were prescribed by Dr. Murray, Dr. Arnold Klein and Dr. Allan Metzger.
Man, you could kill an elephant with that, certainly if you give all if that intravenously...

And don't even get me started on the 'well other doctors gave him meds too, so I couldn't help it that he died'. Effing bs, you don't give your patient ANYTHING untill know exactly what stuff is already running thourgh his veins... What a load of crap.

L.A. County coroner's officials found lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol after examining Michael Jackson's body, according to a search warrant affidavit unsealed today in Houston.

According to the search warrant, Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, told LAPD detectives that he had been treating Jackson for insomnia for about six weeks. He had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous line, according to the court records.

But Murray told detectives that he feared Jackson was forming an addiction and began trying to wean the pop star off the drugs. He lowered the dosage to 25 milligrams and mixed it with two other sedatives, lorazepam and midazolam. On June 23, two days before Jackson's death, he administered two medications and withheld the propofol.

On the morning Jackson died, Murray tried to induce sleep without using propofol, according to the affidavit. He said he gave Jackson valium at 1:30 a.m. When that didn't work, he said, he injected lorazepam intravenously at 2 a.m. At 3 a.m., when Jackson was still awake, Murray administered midazolam.

Over the next few hours, Murray said he gave Jackson various drugs. Then at 10:40 a.m., Murray administered 25 milligrams of propofol after Jackson repeatedly demanded the drug, according to the court record.

Murray has already acknowledged obtaining and administering propofol to Jackson the morning that he died. In an interview with police, Murray told them that he left Jackson alone under the influence of the medication to make telephone calls to his Houston office and family members.

When he returned, he discovered Jackson was not breathing. He performed CPR, and one of Jackson’s staff members called 911. The 50-year-old pop star was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center, where he was later declared dead. Much of the investigation has focused on propofol — a drug typically administered by anesthesiologists during surgery — and whether Murray’s decision to give it to Jackson as a sleep aid outside a hospital setting reaches a level of negligence required for an involuntary manslaughter charge.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-levels-of-propofol-court-documents-show.html

I demand stuff from my doctor but does she give in, HELL NO, cuz she is not about to do something unethical or illegal. Murray is just a jackass and I can't believe MJ died because this man couldn't man up and follow the laws that the AMA wrote in regards to giving stuff to patients. MJ would be alive had he not given him this cocktail of medication and instead stepped up and told AEG/DiLeo/ and who ever else that MJ couldn't do these shows and need to be treated for severe insomnia and dependency on Propofol..

Alright, I have a feeling Murray has been sneaking this drug in before that day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam

Lorazepam has strong sedative/hypnotic effects, and the duration of clinical effects from a single dose makes it an appropriate choice for the short term treatment of insomnia, particularly in the presence of severe anxiety. Withdrawal symptoms, including rebound insomnia and rebound anxiety, may occur after only 7 days' administration of lorazepam.[7]

Its relatively potent amnesic effect,[4] with its anxiolytic and sedative effects, makes lorazepam useful as premedication. It is given before a general anaesthetic to reduce the amount of anaesthetic agent required, or before unpleasant awake procedures, such as in dentistry or endoscopies, to reduce anxiety, to increase compliance, and to induce amnesia for the procedure. Oral lorazepam is given 90 to 120 minutes before procedures, and intravenous lorazepam as late as 10 minutes before procedures.[8][9][10]

" Lorazepam is absorbed relatively slowly if given intramuscularly, a common route in restraint situations."

-Severe respiratory failure. Benzodiazepines, including lorazepam, may depress central nervous system respiratory drive and are contraindicated in severe respiratory failure. An example would be the inappropriate use to relieve anxiety associated with acute severe asthma. The anxiolytic effects may also be detrimental to a patient's willingness and ability to fight for breath. However, if mechanical ventilation becomes necessary, lorazepam may be used to facilitate deep sedation.

Oral midazolam is indicated for the short term treatment of moderately severe insomnia in patients who did not adequately react to other hypnotics, and who have persistent trouble in falling asleep. Because of midazolam's extremely short duration, midazolam is not used for patients who have trouble staying asleep through the night; moderate to long acting benzodiazepines like temazepam, nitrazepam, flunitrazepam and lormetazepam are used for those purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midazolam

I feel stupid asking this, but I will ask anyway.
How can a search warrant tell what Michael did and did not have in his body?

Isn't a search warrant just to be able to go into someone's home and snoop around?

he would not take stupid risks like that, more than anything he wanted to live for his children, Murray can say anything he wants now but I know Michael wouldn't knowingly risk his life like that
Murray has proved to be such an idiot so far, I think he messed up big time that night and now he's trying to blame MJ as much as he can

exactley!.. i think murray is claiming he gave Michael all that stuff as a way to turn the spotlight off of himself. i don't think Michael would do this..he lived for his kids, he would never do anything to jepordize that.

Sickening is the only real word for it. How is "Dr." Murray even a doctor? Didn't he know what he was doing? It's like saying 'Oh, I wanted to get him off a drug, so I gave him 10 other drugs. Oh and that drug as well'.
Disgusting.

I feel stupid asking this, but I will ask anyway.
How can a search warrant tell what Michael did and did not have in his body?

Isn't a search warrant just to be able to go into someone's home and snoop around?

yeah im a bit confused on this really too

SKY NEWS just said Breaking News, That LA Coroner is treating whats happened as HOMICIDE!!!!

Murray Did something, and FInally, some people other than us Fans are realizing it! :angry:

:depressed:

I demand stuff from my doctor but does she give in, HELL NO, cuz she is not about to do something unethical or illegal. Murray is just a jackass and I can't believe MJ died because this man couldn't man up and follow the laws that the AMA wrote in regards to giving stuff to patients. MJ would be alive had he not given him this cocktail of medication and instead stepped up and told AEG/DiLeo/ and who ever else that MJ couldn't do these shows and need to be treated for severe insomnia and dependency on Propofol..

So true. Just because someone demands something, you have to stick to what you know and not give in to them.

sky news have just said its being treated as homicide

god its so much worse now confirmed.......this need never have happened

Murray said he had been trying to wean Jackson off the powerful sedative by using smaller doses in combination with the sedatives lorazepam and midazolam.

And now we're hearing their are LETHAL doses of propofol. A doctor trying to wean his patient off using smaller doses, and all of a sudden there are lethatl doses found???

This is BS. It's called a PLANNED MURDER.

Lawd, lawd lawd. Is this official or yet another stupid leak???? Because after this, they need to arrest SOMEBODY.

forgive me for this but is it really breaking news? I know it's going all over the web now, and also on the proper news sites like cnn and bbc but what is it really telling us that hasnt already been said a million times?

So this quack administered at least 4-5 dangerous unpronounceable substances to Michael in the space of 9 hours, and he's still free to roam the streets?!!! If the affidavit is real, how come he hasn't been arrested already?

Back