June 3, 2008: A BIG Jackson Surprise? Interview w/ Jackie and LaToya on post #31

And he would miss out big time!

We still don't know it, I don't mind to see him together with his brothers who maybe weren't as good as him, aren't really famous, but they are talented and they are good musicians and composers, but you never know how family things work out... and if they had also a little chance to have him on thier shows they would have said it.

If the Jacksons go out on the road and MJ is not with them, it will be a pr disaster for MJ., It would be considered a snub to the black community at large who want to see All the Jacksons back on stage and also a snub to his original fanbase who followed him to his solo career, but who would prefer to have all the Jacksons together.
MJ fan base included J5/Jackson fans who have always been loyal to the Jacksons and they want and are requesting this reunion. I believe the media have heard this and are responding. The british public was trememdous in supporting Jermaine in the Big Brother house. The Pr was great. The people want the Jacksons back. They will do it without MJ but it would be better for MJ if he joins them.

Last edited:
lol, the Jackson's have TRIED to do it without Michael and they couldn't. Nobody bought 2300 Jackson Street. They DO need Michael and to say that they could do something without him and have it be MORE successful and bigger then anything Michael could do on his own is just pure dillusion.

A PR disaster? Michael's already had the worst thrown at him. Not joining his brothers on stage isn't going to do sh*t to him. He's better on his own anyway. His brothers can't sing, excluding Jermaine, and they can't dance. Michael can find far superior musicisans to them as well. They hold him back.

He's far outweighed the success he had with them as a solo artist, the proof is in the record sales and in the fame level. Once he went off on his own, THAT'S when superstardom beyond set in.

Last edited:
And it's a given how the media would react to such a thing. They would run off with some warped claim like "Michael has to fall back on his brothers to get himself on top again" But nevertheless, if this is true, I hope they get him to do it. The crowd at the 20th Anniversary concert just exploded when the Jacksons did their old hits. It would be Jackson-mania all over again as if the last 5 and a half years hadn't happened.

Last edited:
And it's a given how the media would react to such a thing. They would run off with some wharped claim like "Michael has to fall back on his brothers to get himself on top again" But nevertheless, if this is true, I hope they get him to do it. The crowd at the 20th Anniversary concert just exploded when the Jacksons did their old hits. It would be Jackson-mania all over again as if the last 5 and a half years hadn't happened.
MJ will never win in this, the media will say something anyway. If he doesn't go they will say that he hates his family and doesn't associate himself with them anymore. That will not go down well in his community. His own family might not forgive him for not going on tour with them, esp when janet is going too.
If MJ goes, it would be good pr for him and it would be easy on him as it is a family event, not just a j5 event. MJ is part of that family. he can never be too big for them. They are the ones who will bury him when he dies and the told the world that he started with them and he will end with them. I think MJ will do it. Those brothers are like magic when they hit the stage. It is not just the brothers who are asking for this, the entire world are asking for a Jackson reunion.:D

Why seperate it in to what "his" community thinks? Michael has fans of every race, color and creed. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter and I highly doubt the black community is going to be angry at him if he decides to continue as a solo artist, as he has been one for the last 30 years and with more success then any other artist in the history of man kind. If anyone in the black community, whatever that means, is actually angry with him over that, then they're probably also angry with him for "bleaching his skin", if you get my drift. Michael doesn't need his family on any kind of artistic level. And if he doesn't want to go, which from what Janet's been saying, it sounds like he doesn't, nobody should pressure him or force him. He's working on his own career, like he should be doing. People need to stop taking from Michael and leave him be.

Last edited:
Some people are so funny. When we Say the jacksons are doing it alone, they jump out and say they have no talent and they can't do it without Michael. Then on another level, they want to say that MJ don't have to do anything with them and leave him be. That sounds like blackmail to me.
The jacksons will do their thing, with or without MJ and they will be successful. jermaine had the whole of great britain eating out of his hand. He was all on his own too and we couldn't get enough of him. Channel 4 is making a big party for the jacksons down in Devon and the whole media was reporting on it. The Jacksons wioll be successful because the entiore world is asking for them.
Their are many tribute artist being successful singing Jacksons songs so why shouldn't they be successful doing a tour on their own.
MJ can join them if he wants to he doesn't have to, but it would be an easy tour for him as he would have his family to share the weight. And the Jacksons are loved and very talented and they have many fans all over the world. Michael was not the only Jackson.

Last edited:
Mike hates people giving away his suprises, if someone does, he doesnt it do it. Period. It seems like Toya and Jackie were letting a cat out of the bag, if true, then MJ aint gonna do it. He doesnt need too, he probably doesnt want to going by past experience so Id be suprised if MJ does anything Jacksons related at least until after his solo project has done its job which wouldnt be for at least over a year at this point...IMO

MJ will never win in this, the media will say something anyway. If he doesn't go they will say that he hates his family and doesn't associate himself with them anymore. That will not go down well in his community. His own family might not forgive him for not going on tour with them, esp when janet is going too.
If MJ goes, it would be good pr for him and it would be easy on him as it is a family event, not just a j5 event. MJ is part of that family. he can never be too big for them. They are the ones who will bury him when he dies and the told the world that he started with them and he will end with them. I think MJ will do it. Those brothers are like magic when they hit the stage. It is not just the brothers who are asking for this, the entire world are asking for a Jackson reunion.:D

you know...that is something i don't agree with. i don't care if it's blood. he does not owe his family anything. brothers rise against each other all the time. now i can understand how it would be easy to think that if you are born to the same mother you are obligated for life, to your sibling..and i can understand how some families are reaallly closely knit...but there is enough evidence in life that the schools of thought on this subject are allowed to be as varied as we are as individuals.

the jacksons may of done these projects ages ago if it was not 2 words :-

ACCUSATIONS AND TRIALS

so think about that please!!

Terry

you know...that is something i don't agree with. i don't care if it's blood. he does not owe his family anything. brothers rise against each other all the time. now i can understand how it would be easy to think that if you are born to the same mother you are obligated for life, to your sibling..and i can understand how some families are reaallly closely knit...but there is enough evidence in life that the schools of thought on this subject are allowed to be as varied as we are as individuals.

Well, the jacksons are not like the average family. They are like the royal family. People expect them top do things together. When they turned up for MJ's trial it made news around the world and they were an army together. That is why they are known as the Jackson family. MJ is not obliged to go out with them, as I said before, they will do it without him if they have to. It will get tongues wagging though, if he doesn't go. he will also look very arrogant and pompous, and that cannot be good for pr.

^^What are you saying that just because the Jackson family supported MJ during the trial, he now owes them? Any decent family member would have been there for you if you were in MJs shoes.

Last edited:
If the Jacksons go out on the road and MJ is not with them, it will be a pr disaster for MJ., It would be considered a snub to the black community at large who want to see All the Jacksons back on stage and also a snub to his original fanbase who followed him to his solo career, but who would prefer to have all the Jacksons together.
MJ fan base included J5/Jackson fans who have always been loyal to the Jacksons and they want and are requesting this reunion. I believe the media have heard this and are responding. The british public was trememdous in supporting Jermaine in the Big Brother house. The Pr was great. The people want the Jacksons back. They will do it without MJ but it would be better for MJ if he joins them.

A disaster ?? are you kidding ? i realy dont agree with you on this point , yes the Jacksons had a fanbase in the 70 's , but MJ built his own fanbase since THRILLER , the larger part of the mj's fanbase dont even care about the Jackson5/Jacksons carreer , i dont say it is a good thing on the contrary , but its only the truth .

If you make a poll of the mj'sfanbase you would immediately noticed that 80% of mj's fans has become fans between THRILLER and Dangerous , rare are from the Jackson5/Jacksons , and if it is not about only the Jackson5/Jackons but ALL the family anyway in people's minds it's about that .

You cannot count on the 3Tas an asset , most of their fans were teanagers in the 90's , nowadays almost nobody remember about them or those who remember them dont take them seriously , only another boysband with "sugar" songs targeted for girls teenagers .

Latoya lol ? how many tournees did latoya make ? i dont know a lot of non-mj's fans who know about latoya , her career or herself and for the fans they mainly consider her as talentless .
Jackie , randy and marlon are talented but not enough charism to be able to draw thousand of people by themselves , Jermain was the only one to be able to handle a carreer in the 80's but apparently he tried but failed , why ???? , and for the weakness of the Jacksons without Jermain , when i was younger and saw the Jacksons on TV i even didnt noticed that Jermain was not there , but when michael didnt attend to the "torture" video i said "oh where is michael ? i want to see michael" .

I dont even get why do you think it would be a disaster for mj , do you think the non-fans who would have gone to a mj concert if occasion would go to a Jackson concert without michael ??? the non-fans even dont know enough about michael himself , how could they know about the Jacksons .

And Where did you hear the black community would be bothered if michael doesnt attend to the reunion ? if many of these black people are only mj's fans why would they be bother because mj doesnt want to reunion with his family , i think if they are only mj's fans they would not care if mj does not attend .

Anyway , if there are criticisms from the media i would prefer them saying that the black community is not happy with mj behavior rather than MJ is obliged to come back with his brothers to have some succes if he attends to the reunion .

And if you think the Jacksons can be great and successful without him , well ... let them touring without michael then they will have Janet with them so why not ?I would be happy for the Jacksons succes in one hand and for michael not attending to this for other hand .

Anyway i am sure that mj doent want to attend .

Well, Michael singing all the leads for two plus hours and being the only one who really is able to do any kind of complex choreography, I would say it wouldn't be an easy tour for him at all. No tour would.

like vince said, Michael doesn't owe it to them. He stayed with them as long as he could. The fact that he was still with them after he released "OTW" was a huge favor in itself, let alone after he released "Thriller". He stayed with them for two years following that. That' enough.

They can't do it without Michael, not successfully, on a commercial level, that's just reality. And I suppose Michael ever persuing a solo career looks popmus and arrogant, right? God forbid he should actually do his talent justice.

Last edited:
The jacksons will do their thing, with or without MJ and they will be successful. jermaine had the whole of great britain eating out of his hand. He was all on his own too and we couldn't get enough of him. Channel 4 is making a big party for the jacksons down in Devon and the whole media was reporting on it. The Jacksons wioll be successful because the entiore world is asking for them.

It's so weird reading how popular he is over there in the UK, because here in the US, him and the family cannot get nothing off the ground without MJ.

I think is not arrogant from MJ to follow his solo career, I actually think he is what he should do.
Family reunions are good just one or twice in life, I really feel like MJ will never do something with his brothers again.
I really don't care, his choice.

A disaster ?? are you kidding ? i realy dont agree with you on this point , yes the Jacksons had a fanbase in the 70 's , but MJ built his own fanbase since THRILLER , the larger part of the mj's fanbase dont even care about the Jackson5/Jacksons carreer , i dont say it is a good thing on the contrary , but its only the truth .

If you make a poll of the mj'sfanbase you would immediately noticed that 80% of mj's fans has become fans between THRILLER and Dangerous , rare are from the Jackson5/Jacksons , and if it is not about only the Jackson5/Jackons but ALL the family anyway in people's minds it's about that .

You cannot count on the 3Tas an asset , most of their fans were teanagers in the 90's , nowadays almost nobody remember about them or those who remember them dont take them seriously , only another boysband with "sugar" songs targeted for girls teenagers .

Latoya lol ? how many tournees did latoya make ? i dont know a lot of non-mj's fans who know about latoya , her career or herself and for the fans they mainly consider her as talentless .
Jackie , randy and marlon are talented but not enough charism to be able to draw thousand of people by themselves , Jermain was the only one to be able to handle a carreer in the 80's but apparently he tried but failed , why ???? , and for the weakness of the Jacksons without Jermain , when i was younger and saw the Jacksons on TV i even didnt noticed that Jermain was not there , but when michael didnt attend to the "torture" video i said "oh where is michael ? i want to see michael" .

I dont even get why do you think it would be a disaster for mj , do you think the non-fans who would have gone to a mj concert if occasion would go to a Jackson concert without michael ??? the non-fans even dont know enough about michael himself , how could they know about the Jacksons .

And Where did you hear the black community would be bothered if michael doesnt attend to the reunion ? if many of these black people are only mj's fans why would they be bother because mj doesnt want to reunion with his family , i think if they are only mj's fans they would not care if mj does not attend .

Anyway , if there are criticisms from the media i would prefer them saying that the black community is not happy with mj behavior rather than MJ is obliged to come back with his brothers to have some succes if he attends to the reunion .

And if you think the Jacksons can be great and successful without him , well ... let them touring without michael then they will have Janet with them so why not ?I would be happy for the Jacksons succes in one hand and for michael not attending to this for other hand .

Anyway i am sure that mj doent want to attend .

If you read my post you will see where I said the Jacksons will do it without MJ. Even though it would have been better with him.

I don't understand the logic of people saying that they can't do it without him, then turn around and say, he shouldn't join them. it is almost like these people don't want the Jacksons to do anything at all.
The jackson fans are bigger than MJ fans. They are the people who follwed MJ from his youth and have supported him througout his solo career. Michael mania did not start with Thriller. It started from J5 days. Most of his fans grew up with him. they were j5 fans first, and they would like to see a reunion, with or without Michael.

That's an assumption. If there are more J5 fans then MJ fans, then why didn't they buy "2300 Jackson Street", why didn't the Jackson's go on the "Victory Tour" without Michael instead of begging him to come? Michael's sold 200 million more records on his own then he did with his brothers. What does that say? Michael didn't reach his status of fame and popularity until he went solo. What does that say. To undermine Michael just to make his brother's look good is silly. The Jacksons can go on tour without him, but it's only realistic to say they won't have any kind of real, commercial success without Michael.

Well, the jacksons are not like the average family. They are like the royal family. People expect them top do things together. When they turned up for MJ's trial it made news around the world and they were an army together. That is why they are known as the Jackson family. MJ is not obliged to go out with them, as I said before, they will do it without him if they have to. It will get tongues wagging though, if he doesn't go. he will also look very arrogant and pompous, and that cannot be good for pr.

and i am sure michael would be there if Janet was on trial. but that doesn't change what i said about him touring with them.

being a royal family does not obligate them to act different from any other family. there is a very very successful actress in hollywood who has no relationship with her mother, whatsoever. and it hasn't hurt her pr. and MJ didn't survive in this industry by being on the leash of pr. pr rallied against him, most of his life and his star only shone and shines brighter.

now i would love a reunion, but whatever happens as far as that family is concerned, MJ can't be hurt, whatever his decision is on touring.

Last edited:
If you read my post you will see where I said the Jacksons will do it without MJ. Even though it would have been better with him.

I don't understand the logic of people saying that they can't do it without him, then turn around and say, he shouldn't join them. it is almost like these people don't want the Jacksons to do anything at all.
The jackson fans are bigger than MJ fans. They are the people who follwed MJ from his youth and have supported him througout his solo career. Michael mania did not start with Thriller. It started from J5 days. Most of his fans grew up with him. they were j5 fans first, and they would like to see a reunion, with or without Michael.

The Jacksons fans are not even bigger than Mj , the Jacksons fanbase was mainly from the black community of the US , you can check easily by yourself on youtube . MJ 's fanbase is far beyond the black community , from black american , white american , white europeans , black euro , africa and Asia it is just uncomparable , and i dont agree most on the mj's fans are from THRILLER and after its just the truth .

If they can do a tour without mj why havent they do it since so much long time ? since the END OF THE 80's the Jacksons ask michael to tour with them or do another album, but michael has always refused , but why didnt they go alone by themselves without michael since the late 80's if they can ? thats a question you have not yet answered .

I just dont want him to do something else BEFORE realeasing his own album and being succeesful again by his own , do some concerts alone again and then with his brothers if he wants to , but the most important is to come back solo and be succesful .

I think your own with that opinion Dats.

It seems like MJ has his own plans in the works and even though NOTHING is confirmed, it appears that he is doing his own thing.

and i am sure michael would be there if Janet was on trial. but that doesn't change what i said about him touring with them.

being a royal family does not obligate them to act different from any other family. there is a very very successful actress in hollywood who has no relationship with her mother, whatsoever. and it hasn't hurt her pr. and MJ didn't survive in this industry by being on the leash of pr. pr rallied against him, most of his life and his star only shone and shines brighter.
I did not say they were obligated to do anything. I simply said they looked better and stronger together, and the public responded to it. That is all. , however, if you chose to make an argument over every thing I say then fair enough. Notice that I have not challenged anything people have said, All I am saying is that the Jacksons will do it without MJ, but it would be good for MJ if he did go. That is all. I don't even know what the argument is about. They will do it without him and the public will be receptive to them as they are doing down in Devon right now.

Some people seems to want the Jacksons to fail before they even started.

I think your own with that opinion Dats.

It seems like MJ has his own plans in the works and even though NOTHING is confirmed, it appears that he is doing his own thing.

I do not dispute that. I hav said many times that the JACKSONS will do it without MJ.
Serens You are so wrong. You need to go back and listen to or read the history of the Jacksons. They were bigger than the Beatles in the Beatles home town.

Nobody want's the Jackson's to fail. It's just looking at it from a realistic standpoint. They need Michael.

I don't think Michael need's the headache of obligating himself to a family reunion again. It WAS a PR disaster in 1984, in which Michael took the entirty of the blame for the fiasco that was the "Victory Tour", even though nothing that went wrong was actually his doing. If Michael want's to tour with them or do an album with them, he should, but if he doesn't, then he shouldn't. And purely from an artistic standpoint, he shouldn't. Because he's better on his own.

I did not say they were obligated to do anything. I simply said they looked better and stronger together, and the public responded to it. That is all. , however, if you chose to make an argument over every thing I say then fair enough. Notice that I have not challenged anything people have said, All I am saying is that the Jacksons will do it without MJ, but it would be good for MJ if he did go. That is all. I don't even know what the argument is about. They will do it without him and the public will be receptive to them as they are doing down in Devon right now.

Some people seems to want the Jacksons to fail before they even started.

You didnt just say that you said it would be a DISASTER for mj not attending .
I personnaly dont care about them , if they are succesful thats great i dont know why you think fans want their failure , not at all but a DISASTER ??? please ! the Jacksons dont need MJ , well MJ doesnt need them too .

Good luck to the Jacksons (without michael) .

I do not dispute that. I hav said many times that the JACKSONS will do it without MJ.
Serens You are so wrong. You need to go back and listen to or read the history of the Jacksons. They were bigger than the Beatles in the Beatles home town.

Just because they beat the Beatles in London for some concerts doesnt mean they were bigger than the Beatles .
Well the Jacksons were great , full of energy and talented etc.., but bigger than the Beatles ?? hum...i dont think so .

i think the Jackson do need MJ. If they were going to do concerts, one of the first questions people are going to ask is, "Is Michael Jackson going to be with them?" If the answer is no, then alot of peeps just arent going to bother.

In my humble oponion, Michael was at his best when he was with his brother. he did Thriller and off the wall when he was with them, so nobody can say he was successful after he left. I believe his brothers inspired him and he had them to bounce off. He did Billie Jean and Beat it with the assistance of Randy and Janet. They are part of his demo tape. There is always strenth in numbers and MJ was his best when he was with them. That is my belief, but that is neither here nor there.
The Jacksons will do it. They have the backing of a very powerful media behind them and I believe if they get the right songs they will do it again. Go Jacksons. With or without Michael

"Bad" was the second biggest selling album of all time for a long time. That was after he left. Randy and Janet helped him put the demos together for some songs. But Michael wrote those songs on his own. He did "OTW" and "Thriller" with zero input from his brothers. Those were 100% solo projects and there's no use in trying to make them seem otherwise. In my humble opinion, Michael is better without his brothers because one, he can find better backing singers, two, he can find better backing dancers, three, he can find better musicians, four, his best songs are the songs he's written on his own, and four, he doesn't need any help in the stage command/performance department.

Last edited:
If the Jacksons didnt need MJ, why are they trying to get him to tour with them so badly? Even Janet is trying to get MJ on board.

Back