Judge rules that Joe Jackson can receive Michael's medical files

Thanks for answering but I still don't get it.. how can they use these medical files to see how much money they need to file the suit?

Interesting the judge gave Joe access to the files, I see nothing wrong with it, but people here said he had no legal standing to see them. Guess he did, or Katherine supported him?

this is my question too...what does one have to do with the other...Joe seeing Michael's medical records is not going to help him get a monthly allowance......I think he wants to see them for another reason....like some have stated...either TOD or wrongful death suite....as long as Joe doesnt do anything shaddy with what he finds out...then I say he is his Dad and let him satisfy his curiosity.,,,and possibly do good.

Oxman said the paramedics told him he was dead before arriving to the UCLA. But the doctors are the ones to decide when someone is dead ?

All I know is the reports that Murray refused to pronounce him at the scene even though the paramedics wanted it called..

...and the press conference where the coroner said that he was pronounced at the hospital and that is the official time of death.

Is it these records may show the truth though?

I don't know, we'll just wait and see what happens..

Didn't Joe ask for ALL MJ's medical records held at UCLA?

I am glad the judge is limiting it only to June 25th....and the judge seems to be unto Oxman & Joe, because he is asking that they don't make copies & signed confidentiality agreement.

The June 25th medical record can't be very helpful...I am sure the autopsy has far more information.

I am just glad Joe will get no where near MJ's medical history to sell to tabloids. At the same time, by ruling in his favour now, some cannot claim that the judge is bias against Oxman & Joe.

Overall I must say I'm loving Judge Beckloff. To me he seems like to put Michael's interests first.

First he's going to make sure that the records do not violate doctor-patient confidentiality before releasing them - good an unbiased third party will evaluate them.

Then if he releases them he just allows medical experts to review them but not copy them - good that means they cannot be leaked and not everyone gets to see them etc.

Furthermore he adds a confidentiality agreement stopping anyone that sees them to talk about them - wonderful he stops all interviews (tabloid stories) about Michael's health records and ensures that they will only be used for information and in a court of law.

Agree, he's a good judge.

All I know is the reports that Murray refused to pronounce him at the scene even though the paramedics wanted it called..

...and the press conference where the coroner said that he was pronounced at the hospital and that is the official time of death.

well I know that Michael was pronounced at 2;26pm.....but they never did put in the tox report (or atleast it wasnt made public) the actual time he passed.....right?

if they need information about the death, they can read the autopsy report. there are nothing helpful in these hospital records. the doctors tried to save his life, not to find the responsible or the cause of death

Oxman said the paramedics told him he was dead before arriving to the UCLA. But the doctors are the ones to decide when someone is dead ?

Legally his time of death is when he is pronounced at the hospital. From autopsy report we already know that he was unresponsive when the paramedics arrived (and none of the efforts worked). I guess Judge might go with either one, that's his call.

I don't think UCLA reports will add much to the information that we/ they already have.

Let's also keep in mind that Oxman was requesting a virtual laundry list of records.

Namely: medical records, autopsy reports, autopsy photographs, autopsy recordings, toxicology reports, specimen slides, treatments, prescriptions, medications, billings, business records, financial records, payment records, or consultations regarding the named patient, including but not limited to ambulance reports, admissions reports, discharge reports, history, laboratory results, physicians, nurses, and physical therapy treatment records, autopsy reports, postmortem examinations, diagnosis, prognosis, assessments, progress notes, X-rays, MRI scans, laboratory slides, pharmacy records, drug dispensing records, laboratory specimens, prescriptions, recommended medications, physical therapy reports, billing records, X-ray reports, matters contained in and pertaining to outpatient clinics, emergency records, in-patient care records, AND ALL OTHER MATTERS RESPECTING ANY HEALTH CARE TREATMENT OR EXAMINATION OF THE PATIENT.

Accoring to the Judge's new order, Oxman doesn't even get a small fraction of his prior request, which in my opinion is good.

I am glad the judge is limiting it only to June 25th....and the judge seems to be unto Oxman & Joe, because he is asking that they don't make copies & signed confidentiality agreement.

The June 25th medical record can't be very helpful...I am sure the autopsy has far more information.

I am just glad Joe will get no where near MJ's medical history to sell to tabloids. At the same time, by ruling in his favour now, some cannot claim that the judge is bias against Oxman & Joe.

The only records UCLA have ARE from June 25th? They don't have all of MJ's medical history.

The only records UCLA have ARE from June 25th? They don't have all of MJ's medical history.

the subpoenas from oxman are clear and not limited on june 25th. The judge made things clear : only june 25th and no violation of the doctor-patient privilege

MJ has been admitted to UCLA many times before ...therefore he has a whole history at UCLA.

From his records when he was burn during the Pepsi commercial I am pretty sure he was taken to UCLA back then (and even before that ) to June 25th. Joe & Oxman were asking for EVERY FILE they have on Michael.

I am glad the judge clearly said NO...only june 25th and after.

Last edited:
Of course they asked for every file - why would they limit themself in the first place -well sif you don't ask, you don't even get the chance to be said "yes" or "no"
if that would help the wrongful death case, I would also be asking for as much of the evidence as possible, as the medical history might also be important.

MJ has been admitted to UCLA many times before ...therefore he has a whole history at UCLA.

From his records when he was burn during the Pepsi commercial (and even before that )to June 25th. Joe & Oxman were asking for EVERY FILE they have on Michael.

I am glad the judge clearly said NO...only june 25th and after.

They'll have records of those incidents but I would have thought MJs medical history in terms of prescriptions/procedures from Klein and other doctors would be with those doctors not at UCLA.

When I was at university my records from my doctor at home were not available to my doctor at university, and when I've been to hospital they didn't have my records, I had to inform them myself of medications I was on. Maybe its different in the US...?

well I know that Michael was pronounced at 2;26pm.....but they never did put in the tox report (or atleast it wasnt made public) the actual time he passed.....right?

Yeh.. I don't know if they/we will ever know the actual time Michael died, I would have thought so though.. :/

Anyway.. all we can do is wait and see.

Let's also keep in mind that Oxman was requesting a virtual laundry list of records.

Namely: medical records, autopsy reports, autopsy photographs, autopsy recordings, toxicology reports, specimen slides, treatments, prescriptions, medications, billings, business records, financial records, payment records, or consultations regarding the named patient, including but not limited to ambulance reports, admissions reports, discharge reports, history, laboratory results, physicians, nurses, and physical therapy treatment records, autopsy reports, postmortem examinations, diagnosis, prognosis, assessments, progress notes, X-rays, MRI scans, laboratory slides, pharmacy records, drug dispensing records, laboratory specimens, prescriptions, recommended medications, physical therapy reports, billing records, X-ray reports, matters contained in and pertaining to outpatient clinics, emergency records, in-patient care records, AND ALL OTHER MATTERS RESPECTING ANY HEALTH CARE TREATMENT OR EXAMINATION OF THE PATIENT.

Accoring to the Judge's new order, Oxman doesn't even get a small fraction of his prior request, which in my opinion is good.

wow that's a huge list (including the photos as well). I'm now more glad that the judge put all those limitations on the request.

They'll have records of those incidents but I would have thought MJs medical history in terms of prescriptions/procedures from Klein and other doctors would be with those doctors not at UCLA.

When I was at university my records from my doctor at home were not available to my doctor at university, and when I've been to hospital they didn't have my records, I had to inform them myself of medications I was on. Maybe its different in the US...?

Not different in the US. But similar to your own personal example Michael might have disclosed some information to UCLA and/or allowed/authorized them to get records from his other doctors. So therefore they might have some information/records about part of his medical history.

i agree with Ivy. this judge is fair and clearly put limitations on Oxman's requests. Actually, Oxman wanted all records

Not different in the US. But similar to your own personal example Michael might have disclosed some information to UCLA and/or allowed/authorized them to get records from his other doctors. So therefore they might have some information/records about part of his medical history.

From estate lawyers

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the estate, tells TMZ, "The estate has no problem with the Court's ruling which substantially limits what Mr. Jackson was asking for."

From estate lawyers

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the estate, tells TMZ, "The estate has no problem with the Court's ruling which substantially limits what Mr. Jackson was asking for."
Of course they are happy it is limited info. They seemed to be very worried at first. :smilerolleyes:

*crawls back to hole*

Of course they are happy it is limited info. They seemed to be very worried at first. :smilerolleyes:

*crawls back to hole*

You would to, if your medical records (or the records entrusted to you) were being requested by a known media whore like Oxman.

This is great news.

Go get them Joeseph !!!!!!!!!

We all support you!!!

I hope the family find the answers they are looking for. Joe has the right to see these records.

This is actually very good news, regardless of what anyone might think Joe's motives are. It's a VERY good thing that the records are bound by a confidentiality agreement. The penalties for violating that would be very high.

A wrongful death suit would be by Joseph, as Michael's father, or by both of Michael's parents. Joe has every right to do this, just as any citizen would. It is not connected to the estate, and does not affect that. I would expect that a civil suit would be against Murray (who has no money), and AEG (who have a lot.) I think AEG would be included because they were Murray's employers. Randy Phillips has already stated that AEG was to pay Murray. Whether Michael really asked for this particular doctor is irrelevent, given that AEG was to pay him.

With all that said, I can find no logic in coupling this request with Joe's wanting an "allowance." I don't think those two things are related, but then, Oxman is not known for being the brightest crayon in the box?

This is actually very good news, regardless of what anyone might think Joe's motives are. It's a VERY good thing that the records are bound by a confidentiality agreement. The penalties for violating that would be very high.

A wrongful death suit would be by Joseph, as Michael's father, or by both of Michael's parents. Joe has every right to do this, just as any citizen would. It is not connected to the estate, and does not affect that. I would expect that a civil suit would be against Murray (who has no money), and AEG (who have a lot.) I think AEG would be included because they were Murray's employers. Randy Phillips has already stated that AEG was to pay Murray. Whether Michael really asked for this particular doctor is irrelevent, given that AEG was to pay him.

With all that said, I can find no logic in coupling this request with Joe's wanting an "allowance." I don't think those two things are related, but then, Oxman is not known for being the brightest crayon in the box?

No, a wrongful death lawsuit can be only brought by heirs or dependent parents.

Before, Joe must proove that he was a dependent parent

I think AEG would be included because they were Murray's employers. Randy Phillips has already stated that AEG was to pay Murray. Whether Michael really asked for this particular doctor is irrelevent, given that AEG was to pay him.
Therein lies another problem. If I recall correctly, AEG never paid Murray a dime.

There was a contract, which was supposed to be signed by Michael, Murray, and AEG, but said contract was only signed by Murray. I also recall there being a stipulation that the contract would only be signed by AEG, AFTER it was signed by Michael.

For some reason, Michael never signed that contract.

Michael died before paramedics came and brought him to the hospital. I do not understand why this article says that MJ died in the hospital? He did not die there, he died at home. Somebody is trying to cover up a time of death again. I sense that it is going to be a main question during the trial.

Im glad that mr jackson is able to get michaels medical records :)

I really do not understand what these records have to do with him getting an allowance

Nothing. Joe just wants to find out every piece of information out there to find out how his son died as any parent would do.

Joseph's dream is to file a wrongful death suit against AEG and not Murray since they got the money,.. but according to the law he is not entitled to do so. Only Katherine & kids are allowed to file it.

Joe is just doing Katherines dirty work for her. Katherine will file the a wrongful death suit, no Joe. People need stop listening to everything the media says just because Michael is dead.

Do you really think these records will hold any amount of "truth"? No, Oxman could read the autopsy report, it's more complete.

Im sure Oxman has read the autopsy report and the family autopsy report and therefore have more knowledge than us. They obviously want what UCLA has to see if that tell them any more info regarding procedures and any and all info that happened that day that will help paint a bigger picture.

They can sue Murray I think.

Murray doesnt have any money apart from whoever is paying his legal bills and security. Besides only the media has discussed wrongful death suit.

I'm just scared that pictures of Michael lying dead on a hospital bed will end up in the tabloids because of this. I cannot face walking into a petrol station to fill up my car and seeing that on a front page. I'd be physically sick if I have to see that and Oxman would sell it to the highest bidder.

Joe Jackson doesnt want his sons autopsy pics all over the net. Thats why theyre suing over the ambulance pic!!:doh:

oxman's theory is that they can use these records to evaluate the money (his family allowance) needed to file a wrongful death lawsuit.*

2 problems :
1/ it's up to the court to decide if he's entitled to a family allowance and how much? A family allowance is only for the necessary expenses to survive, not to file lawsuit.
2/ joe has not legal standing to file a lawsuit
So Oxman has told you or anyone this has he? No this is you making tish up! Joe is just doing Katherine's dirty work for her.

The judge is going to verify the records do not violate before releasing them.
not quite - the judge will still go over them to make sure that the records do not violate doctor-patient confidentiality before releasing them. if he believes that there's doctor - patient confidentiality he may chose to not make them available or make some parts available and keep the rest sealed.

Michael never spoke to anyone so how can if breach the doctor-patient confidentiality?

the official time of death is PM 2:26. all procedures before PM 2:26 are lifeguards procedures and protected by confidentiality?

as far as I know emergency life saving procedures are protected by confidentiality even though the patient was not able to communicate (unconscious etc) and/or dies during/ soon after the efforts.

So they can make a mistake and nobody knows? No. If need be they can find out what happened. This is just the early stages still, testing the waters. A trial for Murray hasnt even happened yet.

If Michael is dead, he is dead. Legally or not. If they cant revive him, he is still not alive to make any decisions or communicate.

Joe is allowed to know info from June 25th and up. That info will be VERY helpful being its the day he died!!!!:doh: All procedures etc that when on that day will be known. Im sure Joe and Oxman who can get medical help with the files are looking for something in particular that can help them find out more about when and who killed Michael. Stop talking about Joe and money. The media wants us to think like that. Dont be gullible.

Odd that the tox report isnt in there isnt it. Especially being that they had to go to Forest Lawn to get a sample of MJs hair. Sloppy work. That should have been done originally. Being that the LAPD where looking at all the meds MJ had, they would want to know ASAP what MJ was taking and for how long.

if they need information about the death, they can read the autopsy report. there are nothing helpful in these hospital records. the doctors tried to save his life, not to find the responsible or the cause of death

You'd like people to think that wouldnt you but the medical records of that day will tell someone an awful lot about what went down that day, not just what is in Michael's body. Dont be so narrow sighted.

Legally his time of death is when he is pronounced at the hospital. From autopsy report we already know that he was unresponsive when the paramedics arrived (and none of the efforts worked). I guess Judge might go with either one, that's his call.

I don't think UCLA reports will add much to the information that we/ they already have.
Ya'll sound the same.

the subpoenas from oxman are clear and not limited on june 25th. The judge made things clear : only june 25th and no violation of the doctor-patient privilege

June 25th AND up! He only really needs June 25.

Same group against the grain again too. Really obvious and sad.

Back