John Landis in London - MJ related

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing.
Hopefully we'll soon see the result of this new collaboration.

Btw, have you noticed the "not rich" words in Landis' autograph on T25 cd? :D

^^^He did not write "not rich"... he wrote "Ulrich best wishes... not (on MJ), John Landis"... probably meaning that he's not MJ but John Landis! Still funny though! ;)

I could just imagine - Thriller remade with TODAY's special effects!! It would be awesome...!!

I always had this fantasy of MJ doing a music video...of him, the MJ of today, "traveling" throughout all his famous videos...and all those vids would be recreated in todays effects, yet still recognizable as the 'thriller' video, or 'beat it', or TWYMMF. stupid idea but hey, i think it'll look cool and trippy:lol:

Couldn't Skylover just have asked John Landis what the 'work' involves while he was talking to him...? ha ha ha :fortuneteller:

Good to hear Landis has the "dont tell them detail" thing down pat as well lol.

I agree with you on that.

Well, we will see. This is indeed exciting.

Thanks for posting this.

Oh realy?

thanx you for posting hun

"hey ,john..john...".*gets pie ready *

i love these news .... Now i wantg more like this stuff !

Couldn't Skylover just have asked John Landis what the 'work' involves while he was talking to him...? ha ha ha :fortuneteller:

I tried. I want to know as much as you all! But he did not want to say more and insisted it must be a surprise.

So actually it could be anything, from an interview for a tv/dvd show like The One or a book like Thriller 25th... but it would make more sense if it was a project really involving Michael like a movie/video since he said he is workin WITH Michael...

I tried. I want to know as much as you all! But he did not want to say more and insisted it must be a surprise.

So actually it could be anything, from an interview for a tv/dvd show like The One or a book like Thriller 25th... but it would make more sense if it was a project really involving Michael like a movie/video since he said he is workin WITH Michael...

if this is true, it would be a sensation. Michael and Landis together - a perfect creative team for a new music video!

I love to read such News :read: Thanks Skylover!

For those who may not know Michael confirmed to Martin Bashir back in spring of 2003 that he wants to re-film "Thriller" with updated special effects.

If there would be no another allegation problem back in 2003 such video could be possibly done to "Thriller"'s (minifilm meant here) 20th anniversary.

Now we have possibility that such project could actually come to life this year, to minifilm's 25th anniversary.

Disclaimer: there were many projects that were considered by Jackson and his collaborators; not necessary we will have by the end of this year re-done "Thriller" video, other projects, or anything at all -- despite all the information about some planned work from S-BMG ME, John Landis, or even Michael himself. Work is done when it is done.

Last edited:
damien shields said:
yeah definately could have to do with the Halloween thing. By celebrating Thriller at halloween would mean a longer wait for NEW material

To be correct, S-BMG ME/LR never planned to release by the end of this year anything actually new and their marketing schedule for "T25" was signed to last at least to the end of November of this year from very beginning. So probability to have this year anything actually new was always low, though existed.

If what can be in works will actually be something like re-done "Thriller" minifilm, then it will be strong final accord to 25th anniversary of the project, and, then actually new project may come.

Of course, another possibility is that Landis and Michael can both re-do "Thriller" video and new actual video. Or only new video altogether.

Last edited:
Personally, I think redoing the thriller vid is a bad idea, no need to mess with the classics.

I hope it's a new video....fit for halloween, which would be awesome lol

Anyway, Michael himself said he wanted updated video; no wonder, since he is perfectionist.

It may be similar to George Lucas multiple updates to graphics of early "Star War" films. I could not find consistent complaints about it, because "classics" just became more close to be "perfect".

However, there is no information, if even the discussed project is new version of "Thriller", that the whole minifilm will be re-done or only visual effects updated.

I hope it's something new too! :D This is really good news. If they are working on something new, they are probably discussing things, concepts now, that is just exciting lol.

Last edited:
wow such an awesome news!

could it be they r working on the video of "hold my hand"?!! :wild:

gee thanks for posting, it indeed made my day
:wild::clapping::wild::wub::wild::wild::clapping::clapping::clapping::wub::wub::wild::wild: :wild::clapping::wild::wub::wub::clapping::wild::wild::wub:

Last edited:
:-0 Wow! How exciting, this has got to be good,John landis and mikey working together again!!

I think (if rumor is true) it's something new... Landis said for monthS..

There is something special for sure (IF TRUE..)

If T25 was put together in ONE month, MONTH(S) means something bigger..

I don't know whether anybody remembers this but John Landis mentioned last year that he had been in contact with Michael and that they were discussing ideas on working on something together. So as others have said I think its something that they've been planning to do for a while now. Personally I think we are going to see this about Halloween time because there have been a couple of posters who know people within Sony who have mentioned that something special has been planned for Halloween.

Michael has been in talks with John Landis since 2006.. Obviously Mike has been wanting SOMETHING to come out with them together..

SEPTEMBER 2006:
"I talked to him last month. He was in Bahrain or some bizarre place. It was a business thing we had to talk about. Michael is a genius. He's obviously an eccentric, but he really has a great talent."

There was another mentioning of them working together in 2007.. And this...

Hmph... lol

Everybody be saying they working with MJ then we don't see nothing, lol. Besides if they were to like bring back 'Thriller', how can they make something better of what has already been branded a classic/masterpiece? LOL

Back