Jay-z: Usher could be the next King of Pop!

Michael will always be the one and only Michael Jackson. :p

I love you Ush...

I just love Michael more...

Michael was the King of the Pop and always be. I dont think there's another Godfather of Soul except James Brown or King except Elvis. So Michael has the this title forever. Usher, he's amazing and he admired Michael. I dont think he ever wanted the title too..

Look, I have nothing against Usher so I'm not going to get into petty name-calling against him. But I will say this:

Despite Teena Marie and Marie J Blige---Aretha Franklin is STILL hailed the Queen of Soul.

Despite the Beatles having broken up almost 40 years ago and only 2 surviving members, they are STILL hailed as the FAB 4.

Despite Muhammad Ali frailties and his days of boxing is long gone---He's STILL hailed as The Greatest. Period.

Despite Michael Jackson---James Brown was AND STILL IS hailed as the Godfather of Soul and Elvis Presley is STILL hailed as The King.

Michael Jackson's King of Pop is HIS Title and will ALWAYS be HIS title (along with The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived) regardless of what artist is current or future.

Any current or future artist will have to EARN their OWN Title---but NO ONE is taking Michael's. Got that?!
Very well said...

Look, I have nothing against Usher so I'm not going to get into petty name-calling against him. But I will say this:

Despite Teena Marie and Marie J Blige---Aretha Franklin is STILL hailed the Queen of Soul.

Despite the Beatles having broken up almost 40 years ago and only 2 surviving members, they are STILL hailed as the FAB 4.

Despite Muhammad Ali frailties and his days of boxing is long gone---He's STILL hailed as The Greatest. Period.

Despite Michael Jackson---James Brown was AND STILL IS hailed as the Godfather of Soul and Elvis Presley is STILL hailed as The King.

Michael Jackson's King of Pop is HIS Title and will ALWAYS be HIS title (along with The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived) regardless of what artist is current or future.

Any current or future artist will have to EARN their OWN Title---but NO ONE is taking Michael's. Got that?!

NUFF SAID:clapping:

when will this 'next king of pop' stuff stop???

im getting tired of it. i mean really, how many 'next kop's' were mentioned. like half the males in the music industry?

heres a few quotes from a Justin Timberlake message board like this one.#

'Exactly. BOOO. A classic is going to be ruined by some fame hungry folks that can't fcuking even sing. Grrr. It was FINE the way it WAS. Can we not leave it the way Michael left it?'

'Wow those are some sucktastic people sorry to say.'

'Can't wait to hear it. They said they were recording the making of it just like they did the original too.'

'I am eager to see how this turns out but it's for a wonderful cause and I know MJ would've be happy. Justin will do great!'

'That list blows. If they're going to remake a classic - you have epic performers to participate. Ugh, Amber Rose? Really?!'

its a shame MJ fans have to be so rude about other artists when the MEDIA says they could be the next King of Pop. I've personally never heard a bad word said about Michael on any other message board.

some fans have some growing up to do. seriously.

you know what? who is really putting the pressure on people like Usher? people who say that MJ can never be replaced...or people that don't like it, when we say that?

how bout this. the people who are really putting pressure on Usher and other artists, are people who don't want to say..that Usher is the first Usher, instead of saying Usher is the next Michael Jackson.

the people really putting pressure, are the people who won't allow an artist to be him or herself.

heres a few quotes from a Justin Timberlake message board like this one.#

'Exactly. BOOO. A classic is going to be ruined by some fame hungry folks that can't fcuking even sing. Grrr. It was FINE the way it WAS. Can we not leave it the way Michael left it?'

'Wow those are some sucktastic people sorry to say.'

'Can't wait to hear it. They said they were recording the making of it just like they did the original too.'

'I am eager to see how this turns out but it's for a wonderful cause and I know MJ would've be happy. Justin will do great!'

'That list blows. If they're going to remake a classic - you have epic performers to participate. Ugh, Amber Rose? Really?!'

its a shame MJ fans have to be so rude about other artists when the MEDIA says they could be the next King of Pop. I've personally never heard a bad word said about Michael on any other message board.

some fans have some growing up to do. seriously.

you've personally never heard MJ get blasted on other boards? wow..i think you said that so you could 'justify' putting MJ fans on blast, just so you could break the rules.

i see attacks against MJ on other boards all the time.

you've personally never heard MJ get blasted on other boards? wow..i think you said that so you could 'justify' putting MJ fans on blast, just so you could break the rules.

i see attacks against MJ on other boards all the time.

well no, like i said i haven't.

end of.

next michael jackson? no

modern day great? yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtph58mPhM

Last edited:
This is a Michael Jackson forum, what replies were anticipated to this thread?

That's complete nonsense.

Why don't they go out and look for "the next Elvis" instead?

I'm not into rock music like that, but Queen is cool and Freddie Mercury can sing!!

The title of this thread alone makes me laugh! Is he kidding? Anyway, it doesn't matter.. Michael will never lose his title. Never.

ththl_563089e46bb28bf24ec25ca36c0d5.gif
Yes Mike answered. I hear ya!:clap: Seriously, Jay-Z must be smoking some serious sh*t:smilerolleyes:

:clapping: Well said :clapping:

Exactly, this post needs to be bumped. You said it. :agree:

This is what makes me mad. People think it is too easy to be the King of Pop. Michael defined what the KOP is. When an artist one day breaks boundaries like Michael and achieve the status Mike did. Also, has the creativity and talent equivalent to Michael, wake me up.

Well said..... From the current crop of artists I cannot see anyone as talented as some of the people you have mentioned above.

I like Usher, definitely very talented by there is no point in comparing him to someone like MJ

Yeah right! And I can be the next Marilyn.. BS!!! :puke:

That's complete nonsense.

Why don't they go out and look for "the next Elvis" instead?

But it's always like that...
When a big star dies they always come up with "Who will be the next..." and stuff like this...!
It's really annoying!

Well said :) :cheers:

Also the stars were all lined up for what happened for MJ. All those artist would have a magically album that would impact everyone and cross over with some sort of Phenomenon.

The next big pop artist is prob still unknown of and when they hit it will be like a Phenomenon like Mike with the Jackson 5. Sure they can have big albums but they are not gonna be strive up to the level of Mikeness from where they are now cause God was in on what Mike had! hehe. Not saying the others talents are not God given but it's just not meant to be on that status for them.

Back