Jay-z: Usher could be the next King of Pop!

Seriously, people need to stop taking Mike's title of KOP away from him and touting the likes of Usher and JT as the next KOP. It is rude & disrespectul that someone of Michael's calibre, who spent over 40 years in the music industry, who worked, huffed and puffed and transcended all music barriers, was a trailblazer, an icon and the most famous man in the world since Thriller - all that hard work and achievements he achieved all through his talents, are being taken away from him so they could 'big up' today's generation of artists.

You do not see the media saying so and so are is the next Elvis Presely or this group are the new Beatles. Why is that they are quick to give away Michael's title??

There will NEVER be another Michael Jackson! Jay Z, journalists, the media need to get that message through their damn heads!!!

There will NEVER be another Michael Jackson! Jay Z, journalists, the media need to get that message through their damn heads!!!

And what's funny is that most "journalists" now call him (Michael) the KOP. Pfft...It took him passing for it to happen.

Like I said guys let's not get off topic...but honestly...this is just BS. Even if it is Jay-Z's opinion.

My respond to this thread: LOL

No offense to Usher fans but "the next King of Pop"?? COME ON!
I'm not a fan of Usher..he's trying to copy Michael but with no success. Most of the artists nowadays are not original..everyone is trying to copy MJ's style. Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and others. Only Lady Gaga is trying something different (not a fan of her too but I like her creativity).

Get real, there is only Michael Jackson. No one will steal his crown EVER!

Look, I have nothing against Usher so I'm not going to get into petty name-calling against him. But I will say this:

Despite Teena Marie and Marie J Blige---Aretha Franklin is STILL hailed the Queen of Soul.

Despite the Beatles having broken up almost 40 years ago and only 2 surviving members, they are STILL hailed as the FAB 4.

Despite Muhammad Ali frailties and his days of boxing is long gone---He's STILL hailed as The Greatest. Period.

Despite Michael Jackson---James Brown was AND STILL IS hailed as the Godfather of Soul and Elvis Presley is STILL hailed as The King.

Michael Jackson's King of Pop is HIS Title and will ALWAYS be HIS title (along with The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived) regardless of what artist is current or future.

Any current or future artist will have to EARN their OWN Title---but NO ONE is taking Michael's. Got that?!

:clapping:

Well.. I don't hate Usher... He is a amazing singer :) and Jay-Z too !!
But ignore that.. maybe its the media again... Michael is famous to be called ' The King Of Pop' .. That's all !! Usher will never be famous to be called ' The King Of Pop ' because Michael IS the king of pop :)

Don't worry. The Crown is not going anywhere, and there are lots of fans to make sure it stays on Michael's head!!!!. Obviously Jay-z does not understand what KING OF POP means!!!

My respond to this thread: LOL

No offense to Usher fans but "the next King of Pop"?? COME ON!
I'm not a fan of Usher..he's trying to copy Michael but with no success. Most of the artists nowadays are not original..everyone is trying to copy MJ's style. Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and others. Only Lady Gaga is trying something different (not a fan of her too but I like her creativity).

Get real, there is only Michael Jackson. No one will steal his crown EVER!

How is lady gaga any different to Usher and Justin Timberlake other than wearing wacky costumes?

You cannot replace someone who is IRREPLACEABLE. There is only one MJ in this lifetime.

Who is Jay Z to proclaim this? He isnt nobody LOL Jay Z is overrated makes bubble gum pop crap. His opinion is not inch in stone. Nobody can replace Michael Jackson... But these threads are very annoying. We know what all people say is not true I dunno why fans post things like this ALL the time.

How is lady gaga any different to Usher and Justin Timberlake other than wearing wacky costumes?
At least she's got the guts to wear wacky costumes, Timberfake is still caught up in the whole ''America's Sweetheart/boy next door'' thing. Thanks God the dude is getting too old for this, they got the Jonas Brothers and Bieber now (though Bieber is Canadian) .

I love me some usher but he no Michael you can't not compare or Place the King of pop to the next person "There isn't any more room for a new king period" :vampire:

No, offense but usher sucks sucks sucks, he got his fans, and the good thing about him is that he got his own style NOT..

They were putting king of pop crowns on people even when Michael was alive lol. Usher and Justin are similar to Michael style, that’s probably a reason why I’m a fan of them. But yes Michael will always be the king of pop and keep in mind these artists never came out and said they was taking his place, people put these titles on them so no need to bash. They were influence by him just like Michael was influence by James brown etc.

They were putting king of pop crowns on people even when Michael was alive lol. Usher and Justin are similar to Michael style, that’s probably a reason why I’m a fan of them. But yes Michael will always be the king of pop and keep in mind these artists never came out and said they was taking his place, people put these titles on them so no need to bash. They were influence by him just like Michael was influence by James brown etc.
Of course they are similar to his style since they are f**%% copying him!

Of course they are similar to his style since they are f**%% copying him!
And Wtf does that make a difference when EVERYBODY copying off someone .. Michael is my favorite artist period but i'm not going to piss on everybody else just because they are similar . Michael got his style from the greats before him so what's the difference smfh. LOL there is no need to get butthurt we know who's number one

There is and always will be only one King of Pop....Michael Jackson. Jay-Z and Usher aren't fit to touch the hem of MJs garments. Jay-Z is a rapper not a pop singer. Usher is only one of dozens who mimic MJs style of music. The next great star will be an original. Best believe that.

Meh, these next king of pop claims just tire me now. It's never gonna happen, so no point sweating over it.

yeah,whatever~
Someone just left his brain at home when saying this...

Or perhaps hes supporting his wife...... :doh:

But yeah. Usher is great and I like a lot of his songs and he has a great voice.

But there is no next Michael Jackson. Or King of Pop. Michael will allways be recognised as the King of Pop....thats his title.

Usher copies MJ as much as MJ copied James Brown.

Your right there. People need to find a new arguement. Both Just Timberlake and Usher stopped 'copying' Michael years ago.

Justin Timberlakes last album was more Prince influenced and 4 years later people are still saying he copies Michael.

How can people say either of them copy him now? They dress in there own way. Sing in there own way. Make there own music. Is it because they dance?

Last edited:
Michael was original no doubts that he was inspired by the great James Brown but he was NOT swagger jacking him unlike Usher and TimberFAKE. I don't see anything original about Usher, the man was unable to make 4000 people come to his concert in late 2008. LMAO. Anyway, I do agree that Usher is way better than Timberlakes hyped up ass.

TBH, Usher is just the poor man's MJ.

He's a poor imitation of MJ from his vocal style to his dance moves.

Yes, this argumentation makes absolute sense.. :scratch:
LAWD all i'm saying is that everyone is influence by someone .. it's no shock that Usher and Justin have done things that Michael done before. Most of these artists out right now are doing the same things that artists in the past has done but like I said there's no need to bash and Michael as took things from artists before him too put his own spin on it and took it to another level. Do we Comprehend Now??? If not then Oh well. I'm done

I don't dislike Usher but there is only one Michael Jackson. There won't be anyone like him again. Usher needs to be Usher.

Perfectly said! :)

I like Usher for just being him, he should stay this way and I think he will! :)

''Inspired by'' I think is what it is? :)

Michael was inspired by the late James Brown, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, as well as others............. he was 'inspired' by them but made his own style uniquely his as the master craftsman that he is.

It must be an honour for artists to have someone be so inspired by their works that they watch closely enough to then develop that and make it their own............?

Michael however earnt his crown. :yes: He earnt it. :agree:Sheer hard work from just a small boy......4 decades of pure hard work.........once they have done that then maybe.........?? Not in our lifetime..............or EVER I suspect!

LAWD all i'm saying is that everyone is influence by someone .. it's no shock that Usher and Justin have done things that Michael done before. Most of these artists out right now are doing the same things that artists in the past has done but like I said there's no need to bash and Michael as took things from artists before him too put his own spin on it and took it to another level. Do we Comprehend Now??? If not then Oh well. I'm done
There is a difference between being influenced and swagger jacking oh well great ur done.

Back