Jay-z: Usher could be the next King of Pop!

mjdove

Proud Member
Jay-Z On Who's In Line To Fill Michael Jackson's Shoes & Beyonce's 'Magnificent' PerformanceJay-Z On Who's In Line To Fill Michael Jackson's Shoes & Beyonce's 'Magnificent' Performance

Jay-Z has an idea of who may be the next Michael Jackson, and he told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush about it backstage at Sunday night's Grammys.

When asked what was his favorite moment of the night, Jay-Z hinted it could be one of the performers that took part in the tribute to the late King of Pop.

"I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job," Jay-Z told Billy. "I think he's… He's one of the guys that's in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes."

But while he thinks Usher has the talent, Jay-Z told Billy he didn't want to put any undue stress on his pal.

"I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guy's that's in line to do that," Jay-Z added.

When asked about his own wife's stunning performance at the Grammys – a performance that saw Beyonce singing a little Alanis Morisette ("You Oughta Know") and her own song ("If I Were A Boy"), Jay-Z said she is so impressive all the time, a person could get used to it.

"Oh fantastic, but she… It's almost to a point where you just, you know, you're almost numb to it because she's so magnificent every single time out," he said.

"They had a nice shot of you right after she performed and you were just proud," Billy said.

"I'm a fan, you know, I'm a fan. I'm here as a fan as well," Jay-Z added.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...nce_s__Magnificent__Performance-83302242.html

this thread might aswell be closed now, all its going to be is 'Usher sucks!!!!' for 4 or 5 pages.

I don't dislike Usher but there is only one Michael Jackson. There won't be anyone like him again. Usher needs to be Usher.

No, Usher is just so great he has always been and is the real KING.

I'll be honest I don't like this thread. tooo sooon.. too soon talk.

First there was a thread about Justin Timberlake, Then Justin Beiber and now Jay z, and Usher. This threads are such a joke. :lmao: There is only one Michael no one can compare!!

Usher will be the King Of POP, if he: achieves - the biggest selling album of all times reaching over 65 mill. and sells 280 mill. albums, wins 650 awards, performs around the Globe at the biggest stadiums with the largest audiences; has got 13 number one hits, and has the largest fan base and be the most famous person/musician on the planet.... - at least this....

Then he will be the KoP

Look, I have nothing against Usher so I'm not going to get into petty name-calling against him. But I will say this:

Despite Teena Marie and Marie J Blige---Aretha Franklin is STILL hailed the Queen of Soul.

Despite the Beatles having broken up almost 40 years ago and only 2 surviving members, they are STILL hailed as the FAB 4.

Despite Muhammad Ali frailties and his days of boxing is long gone---He's STILL hailed as The Greatest. Period.

Despite Michael Jackson---James Brown was AND STILL IS hailed as the Godfather of Soul and Elvis Presley is STILL hailed as The King.

Michael Jackson's King of Pop is HIS Title and will ALWAYS be HIS title (along with The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived) regardless of what artist is current or future.

Any current or future artist will have to EARN their OWN Title---but NO ONE is taking Michael's. Got that?!

I like Usher, but he or anyone else will NEVER compare to MJ, the TRUE & ONLY King of Pop!! Usher already got owned by MJ at his 30th anniversary special..If Mike was still here, I don't think Usher would want to get owned and embarrased again!!

Last edited:
ththl_563089e46bb28bf24ec25ca36c0d5.gif

Look, I have nothing against Usher so I'm not going to get into petty name-calling against him. But I will say this:

Despite Teena Marie and Marie J Blige---Aretha Franklin is STILL hailed the Queen of Soul.

Despite the Beatles having broken up almost 40 years ago and only 2 surviving members, they are STILL hailed as the FAB 4.

Despite Muhammad Ali frailties and his days of boxing is long gone---He's STILL hailed as The Greatest. Period.

Despite Michael Jackson---James Brown was AND STILL IS hailed as the Godfather of Soul and Elvis Presley is STILL hailed as The King.

Michael Jackson's King of Pop is HIS Title and will ALWAYS be HIS title (along with The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived) regardless of what artist is current or future.

Any current or future artist will have to EARN their OWN Title---but NO ONE is taking Michael's. Got that?!
Thank you for making sense.

I like Usher and all, but no. I'm really gettin' tired of threads like this. First it's that Bieber or w.e kid and now Usher? Why can't Michael just keep his title? Why does someone always have to be the "next"? Fact is there will never be another "King of Pop" There will never be another Michael. People need to accept that and stop trying to give the "title" to someone else. :smilerolleyes:

this thread might aswell be closed now, all its going to be is 'Usher sucks!!!!' for 4 or 5 pages.

I am going to agree with you on the direction the thread goes into. And it's not pretty either. Pretty predictible. I just don't like these threads because the artist that's mentoned at times usaully get bashed the hell up (even if the artist has said either nice things about mike).

I am not gonna let comments like this get me angry anymore, It's just not worth being mad all the time.

Last edited:
"Oh fantastic, but she… It's almost to a point where you just, you know, you're almost numb to it because she's so magnificent every single time out," he said.

yeah,whatever~
Someone just left his brain at home when saying this...

:agree: preach it!

Usher will be the King Of POP, if he: achieves - the biggest selling album of all times reaching over 65 mill. and sells 280 mill. albums, wins 650 awards, performs around the Globe at the biggest stadiums with the largest audiences; has got 13 number one hits, and has the largest fan base and be the most famous person/musician on the planet.... - at least this....

Then he will be the KoP

...And if he is born 'Michael Joseph Jackson' to Katherine and Joseph Jackson in Gary, Indiana on August 29th, 1958.

...but it's kinda' too late for that.

I am an Usher fan but I am so sick of people trying to replace the one an only KING OF POP MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON.

I agree..ever since MJ passed, people been trying to find his "replacement"..smh..NOBODY will replace MJ PERIOD!!

lol this is the worst thing to say to a fellow artist...who said it last time?ah yes,lil wayne to chris brown..

Usher doesn't suck. Jay-Z does though :puke:

Why do they even talk about it? The next King of Pop? Please...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha it does not matter who says what there will NEVER be another Michael there will never be another king of pop they need to let it drop and give up on this stupid who is gonna be the next king of pop thing!!!!!!!!! There is and will only ever be one!!!!!

What a great post!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have the right point, the right words, the right stuff!
Excellent, I totally and fully agree!

Despite Jay Z mentioning the MJ tribute this thread is about Jay-Z's opinion about Usher. I have moved to Music Makes the world Go 'Round.

And just as a side note I find it insulting when people try to say someone will be the New KOP...Michael flippin' earned that title and unlike other artists with titles like Elvis and Madonna (I think I've only heard ONE journalist seriously call Britney Spears the QOP, pfft. Madge is forever the queen) you dont see anyone really trying to take that away. It's only ever been that way for Michael, 'Oh who'll be the new KOP?' 'MJ is the former KOP.', etc. I mean Rolling Stone didnt even call Mike the KOP on their so called "tribute" issue. But hey what can you expect from a magazine that called Justin Timber Flake the new KOP...It's insulting, rude, pathetic, and I AM TIRED OF IT! It's BS. Mike is and will forever be the KOP and in all honesty he is simply THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER TO EVER LIVE. Hell it took MJ passing for the majority of the media to actually start referring to him as the Undisputed KOP, or heck just the KOP. Everyone else just needs to leave alone.

Usher and any other "artist" out there cannot touch Mike, nor will they ever be able to. I give props to Usher, but honestly he couldnt hold a candle to Michael, neither could Jay-Z. But that's a WHOLE OTHER story. Anyway I got off topic...kinda...back on topic now.

Anyway, carry on...

Last edited:
Back