Is Michael Jackson a Dancer who can Sing OR a Singer who can Dance?

Here's a good example. Michael is so good at both that a whole heap of people would go to his shows to see him either sing or dance. He could do one or the other and draw hordes of people.

one of the biggest things people go to his concerts for, and prepare for their biggest reactions to, is when he sings 'She's Out Of My Life'. that's when girls are eager to rush the stage and hold him tightly throughout that song. you don't think people are listening to his voice then? you don't think that the girl holding him tight is listening to his voice, then? the original recording of that song is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest vocal performance in HISTORY.(i think it's THE greatest, cus i've heard top performances, but then i hear this one, and i hear THE top performance, plus a special otherworldly feeling from his voice alone.)

also..in 2001 he danced with NSync, and did not sing on mtv, to the NSync song, 'Pop'. he got an equally crazed reaction.

Last edited:
uhm..me. are you saying that you would have been pefectly ok with him starting the song billie jean and never opening his mouth?

or you listen to the radio and billie jean comes on and you turn it off cus u can't see him dancing?

it seems you are splitting unnecessary hairs. it's like you are walking around with something that is very important to you, but you never talk about it, but if it was gone, you'd miss it terribly. so you might as well appreciate it.

and this awful scrutiny that MJ is subject to, only is another big testament to has massive talent.

You're clearly reading too much in to it.

MJ does have a superb voice, but no one knows MJ for his singing. Ppl know him for his dancing/performing.

Ppl like Whitney, Mariah, Marvin Gaye, they are KNOWN for their singing.

I just think that this question is strange in general. He's a great singer and a great dancer... ok... he's both. I don't even see how you debate this.

I just think that this question is strange in general. He's a great singer and a great dancer... ok... he's both. I don't even see how you debate this.

yeah thats what i thought. he surpasses everyone in both. Elizabeth shouldve included King of Dance when she dubbed him, cause he's definitely that and all the other ones she did give him

Michael may not be as regarded for his voice anymore, but that's because numb nuts don't know what a good singer is anymore. The way Michael sings is practically impossible for anyone else. They think because he doesn't belt or whip his voice around with vocal gymnastics that he's average, but his timing and control and phrasing makes him the best. Michael is equally as good a vocalist as he is a dancer. The problem for him is that, being so phenomenally gifted in so many areas makes it hard for people to concentrate and appreciate more then just one at a time. Michael isn't ever really mentioned for his brilliance as a song writer either, but he's a musical genius in composition non the less. He's as good a singer as anyone and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know anything about singing. The question wasn't what is he most known for, it's basically what do you consider the stronger of his talents. And he's equal in both.

If Michael went on a dance tour, people would come. If Michael went on a vocal tour, people would come. Bottom line.

Let's not debate, let's have fun with it, lol. My first post was a joke actually. :lol: But that's how he IS being looked at by some - as a dancer who sings. :lol:

Then they're shocked when they realize he can sing. :rollin:

And that's the young people my age. :lol:

So you went to his tour to hear him sing, rather than perform?

2rc8u20.jpg

I didn't say "rather" .. I think the singing is part of the performance. I love Michael Jackson's voice and I especially love when he sings live... That doesn't mean I don't like the dancing! :D

You're clearly reading too much in to it.

MJ does have a superb voice, but no one knows MJ for his singing. Ppl know him for his dancing/performing.

Ppl like Whitney, Mariah, Marvin Gaye, they are KNOWN for their singing.

lol..i'm not reading too much into anything. he's known for everything he does. this is just one of those debates just for the sake of debating. u r saying that all of these people on here who disagree with u don't KNOW him for his singing. u blanketed a lot of people so u got a response.

Let's not debate, let's have fun with it, lol.
how about doing nothing with it, lol. i know a very soothing exercise that should relieve this infectious chronic boredom, if anyone's interested..

hmm but you've only just turned 16, lol. happy birthday again, btw. ^.^

f_devil.gif

I didn't say "rather" .. I think the singing is part of the performance. I love Michael Jackson's voice and I especially love when he sings live... That doesn't mean I don't like the dancing! :D

It is indeed part of the performance but it's never been the highlight of the performance. And he sings live all the time doesn't he? lol

lol..i'm not reading too much into anything. he's known for everything he does. this is just one of those debates just for the sake of debating. u r saying that all of these people on here who disagree with u don't KNOW him for his singing. u blanketed a lot of people so u got a response.

Let's be real, when ppl think of MJ, no one says "OMG MJ is such a powerful singer."

He IS a performer, lol.

People who know about singing say Michael is a powerhouse singer. People who don't, don't. Cause they're idiots.

People go wild when Michael sings his ballads.

Michael isn't the biggest selling recording artist of all time because he has an "okay" voice. The first time I heard "Thriller" I said "Damn, this man has an incredible voice."

^ yeah i dont think we're anomalies, not that i "know" singing, but when Michael sings its like unreal and brings me to my knees. i noticed his singing before his dance. i remember the first time i saw him dance tho... omg i did DIE but i'd been listening to him sing long before i saw him dance.

You don't have to be an expert on voclas to know a good singer when you hear one. If people don't realize the brilliance of Michael's voice and singing, then they just don't know good singing period. They're tone deaf or their taste is up their ass, lol. Of course you can make the argument from a technical standpoint of why Michael is the top, but you should just know if you know what good singing sounds like.

Let me put it this way. You don't really question "Is Lauryn Hill a singer who can rap or a rapper who can sing?" The same thing. He's so talented in both. His singing itself is great and also got edge that vocalists who ain't dancers don't have or lack: abundant rhythm.

I think he is the Chris Brown of the 1980s
Oh no...:doh: Chris Brown got moves I'll give him that, but he can't sing or sang, period.

It is indeed part of the performance but it's never been the highlight of the performance. And he sings live all the time doesn't he? lol

Let's be real, when ppl think of MJ, no one says "OMG MJ is such a powerful singer."

no one? no one in the world? ok...ima leave this alone...i'm out.

well..in order to put that cd together, he would be having to still be doing it so he could hear and see what he's currently writing.

And in order to write material, one must first have the intention, the heart and passion to SING IT.

Back