Is 2pac the king of hiphop and why is he still loved?

"All of a sudden Dr Dre was a G-thang, but on his own album covers he was a she thang!" lol

I liked a lot of Wu Tang as well. Triumph was a good track.

LOL Ive been listening to Eazy, N.WA and looking at Arsenio Hall shows all last week because I was stuck inside because of the snow. Wasnt the late 80's to mid 90's the best era of rap music? It just so sad to see how rap music has changed. Hip hop is more underground today.

I love 'Playa Cardz Right' & from BIGGIE: 'Juicy' ; just 2 songs that really stand out the most. but theyre all good. Infact, as much as I love Tupac and his artistic abilities, his songs make me sad. He really does very depressing things. (what i've heard so far)

dam 2pac's b-day is coming up in June. June 16th. he would've been 39. damn what do you guys think he would've been doing

Two songs that I LOVE of Tupac is "Dear Mama" and "Change"

DEAR MAMA
[youtube]byyWQEYzS2A[/youtube]

CHANGES- I wish he was here to see Obama as a president...listen to the lyrics on here...:(
[youtube]FeMKM-eQPB4[/youtube]

May he and Biggie rest in Peace!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

AAAaaaahhhh. That intro on "Changes" always gives me the chills. I love "Ghetto Gospel", too. 2 songs with very strong messages. Tupac was a "messenger"... just like our Michael, which is why I still love them both to this day... :angel:

And "Dear Mama" ... just such a heart-warming rap song with so much meaning. That song describes exactly how I feel about my mama to the T. I love you, mama... :heart:

I'm a huge 2Pac fan. I've collected a lot of bootleg unreleased stuff and own all the retail stuff too. R.I.P. Pac

Alot of mj fans are 2pac fans as well i find that so interesting. I feel the same vibe form these two artist all the time.

I listened to pac's last interview (I think its with Sway maybe? Portion of it is featured at the beginning of Runnin' produced by Eminem) last night on YouTube and couldn't help but choke up. Man I'm surprised I still miss the guy after all this time :(

Two songs that I LOVE of Tupac is "Dear Mama" and "Change"

CHANGES- I wish he was here to see Obama as a president...listen to the lyrics on here...:(
[youtube]FeMKM-eQPB4[/youtube]

May he and Biggie rest in Peace!

L.O.V.E.
Romi
On the day when Obama was elected as President, I had a mental list of "Who I wish here to hear their thoughts" and Tupac was def. one of them. I still wish he was here to live in this era. I feel Nas felt the same way...? He sampled this one part of Changes for his own song
"Black President" (off Untitled album)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqHa1VMSb9A
"Although it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to have a black president"
These words are repeated a lot in the song and it was recorded while the election campaign was going on. The album was released just months before the election day. What an experience!​

P.S. In the version of Changes that we've heard, he said "~we ain't ready to see a black president", but the portion Nas sampled has "~to have a black president." So, does this means Nas used the demo version or any other version out there?
I listened to pac's last interview (I think its with Sway maybe? Portion of it is featured at the beginning of Runnin' produced by Eminem) last night on YouTube and couldn't help but choke up. Man I'm surprised I still miss the guy after all this time :(
It's haunting, isn't it? It makes me so sad to think, now that Mike's gone, he'll be living only in our memories, not as a living soul anymore, just like Pac has been for all these years.​

Last edited:
"Remember. Remember this lack of a conscience, when I come out! Remember this lack of mercy, when I come out! Remember this lack of compassion, when I come out!"

"The me & Biggie situation was smaller then that..." It was big enough to get him killed :(

Back