Is 2pac the king of hiphop and why is he still loved?

who's touching 2pac in hip hop hes been dead for 13 years and the weight of rap is still on his shoulders guys. yea he wasn't super lyrical but that was by choice. he said he wanted to get straight to the point and waste time with metaphors.

i'm not the only one who feels this way about pac. just get off mike's high hoarse 4 a second. pac was inavative to. hes the reason why rappers dedicate songs to women and mothers. using a friend or a lover as a metopher for guns. nas did it before him but pac built on it. work ethic in rap is because of pac. c'mon. plus he sold the most records in rap.

LOL I'm not on Mikes horse, you made that ridiculous camparision and brought MJ into the convo. His not the reason why rappers dedicate to their mothers and women because that was going on long before him.. ll cool j, queen latifah, mc lyte etc. Its funny you mention Nas because even though Nas isnt the king of rap he is more innovative and lyrically creative than 2Pac. People hold 2pac and Biggie so high because it was during a time period where rap was really getting popular, powerful and they both had a tragic death but realistically speaking Biggie as well as 2pac are very overrated even tho some of their material is good it is not as nearly as high as people say it to be.

I was just joking on the high hoarse thing. Any body that is loved so much the label them overrated. Even mike has been labeled that. But thats not the point to me 2pac is the kings the most records sold the most copied that right there tells you something ..... Just my 2 cents

michael_jackson_tupac_shakur.jpg

^^^^^ Nice Pic

I was just joking on the high hoarse thing. Any body that is loved so much the label them overrated. Even mike has been labeled that. But thats not the point to me 2pac is the kings the most records sold the most copied that right there tells you something ..... Just my 2 cents

Everyone who is mainstream is overrated to a certain extent because they are popular.But comparing MJ to 2Pac is different because Michael was innovative and Pac wasnt. Mike deserves his title because he did alot for popular music. 2Pac is not deserving of such a title because he really didnt do anything innovative and different but if YOU think he is than I can respect that even tho I dont agree with it

^^^ i agree to disagree if u search on this board i made a topic about two years ago comparing mike and 2pac i'm not the only one

Nas has to be one of the kings, in my opinion hes one of the greatest lyricist of all time, better than tupac in my opinion, as far as lyrical talent goes. Tupac was great though, but there are (in my opinion) mcs who are more deserving of that title.

u can't call someone king, if u think ur mood will change about them, tomorrow..

so..since this board is about tupac, and we're still talking about him, i think he is at least one king. i think biggie is the other. they get the most play..but more importantly, they left their corner of the world and managed to get mainstream, without leaving their corner of the world.

:D Agreed and co-signed! But I was all for "The Westside." :chichi: LOL

Okay, now I'm starting to feel bad for 'laughing and making fun of Biggie's death.' Just like I was devastated over Michael's passing (I'm not anymore because I know he's happy)... I know that people were devastated over BOTH Tupac's and Biggie's deaths (whichever one they liked better). I just always prefered Tupac, because I felt he was more influential and was NO BS--a quality I have always respected and admired... and continue to reflect in my own everyday words and posts on here as well. And also... because like someone else said--It's just a 'West Coast/Side Thing.' *shrug*

At the end of the day, they were THE BEST OF THE BEST, IMHO. I really miss them, and they are BOTH Legends and Kings in their own right. If you don't think so... just go to any Youtube video of theirs, and you'll see just how much the fans are still missing them to this day--after over 13 years--Just like I'm absolutely POSITIVE that this is how the world will be feeling about our Michael after years and years. :heart:

So RIP Tupac and Biggie. Thanks for all the AWESOME memories that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

And here's one of my favorite songs from Biggie that I used to dance my ASS off to, and STILL love. :wub:

God Bless 'em. :angel:

Biggie Smalls feat. Mase & Puff Daddy - Mo' Money Mo' Problems

Last edited:
Nas has to be one of the kings, in my opinion hes one of the greatest lyricist of all time, better than tupac in my opinion, as far as lyrical talent goes. Tupac was great though, but there are (in my opinion) mcs who are more deserving of that title.

Very well said.

thats really all I was trying to say...

Dude, I was just a junior in High School when Tupac and Biggie were both killed (seems like everything happened during my junior year for some odd reason, lol). The wrath everyone felt back then was powerful as FUCK, lemme' tell ya. Such great times afterwards, though, because their lives and music were continuously celebrated by GEN X... as well as the other younger fans they happened to influence along the way--and the story goes on. Sound familiar??

Anywho... here's an awesome remix from one of Tupac's most inspiring songs... mixed with Obama's own words. Some powerful stuff. :yes:

Tupac - Changes/Barrack Obama - Yes We Can

...And that's all I have to say here. :cheeky:

My bad. I was actually a senior in High School ('96 -'97) when they were both killed--not a junior, LOL. So a VERY memorable and pivotal time in my life indeed.

Okay, I'll shut up now. :shutup: :p

All i'm saying is i think tupac is the most influential rapper ever. Numbers don't lie. He made history. In the tupac legacy book it said that all eyez on me went platinum in just 4 hours. Dam thats crazy. Not even mj did that in life.

is there somebody on this board that thinks he is the best. (sighs)

Dude, did you not see or read any of my posts in this thread at all, LOL? Tupac is The King of Rap--end of story. This is not a Tupac fansite... so there will be many, many people who will disagree with everything you and I have said in here. Who cares about what they think about Tupac? I know I sure as hell don't. -_-

Dude, did you not see or read any of my posts in this thread at all, LOL? Tupac is The King of Rap--end of story. This is not a Tupac fansite... so there will be many, many people who will disagree with everything you and I have said in here. Who cares about what they think about Tupac? I know I sure as hell don't. -_-

Lol.....

I don't like his songs other than California Love, and that is only because Roger Troutman is on it. I like Run DMC the best. The only 1990s rap act I liked was Digable Planets, and maybe OutKast.

duran duran you prabably have a biased opinion on him. get to know him he really is it.

Well according to one of those new years eve shows Jay Z is the King of Hip Hop as the host said a few times. Not sure which host because I kept turning between NBC, ABC, CBS. I just gave one of those shaking head at screen.

Tupac was extremely talented. Not only was he talented he was educated and smart. He said himself he could write a song in a day which was what he did while he was in prioson. He had to cause he owed Suge Night, (sadly) and it's my opinion that he was murdered by some of Suge's people.

It's so sad that the good people die young but I have taken on a different attitude since Michael has passed. I feel Michael was to good for this earth.

I havent read much of this thread, but I do believe that 2pac is the king of rap, and when he was alive, i very much wanted Michael to work with 2pac.

duran duran you prabably have a biased opinion on him. get to know him he really is it.
Not really, I just don't like his music, nor his voice. I don't like much rap in general made after 1985. I've heard some of Tupac's stuff because I had a younger cousin who played his songs. I'm a fan of Roger Troutman and that's why I liked California Love, not because of Tupac & Dr. Dre. The video was kinda neat though, the Mad Max version that is, not that other house party video. I don't really identify with "thug" & "gangsta" rap anyway.

duran duran thats the typical sterotype answer 4 people who dont like 2pac. he wasnt a ganster rapper at all. he hated the term himself. he was a reality rapper. i put my life on it mj loved 2pac. i'm sure of it

Back