Is 2pac the king of hiphop and why is he still loved?

hes still loved because tupac came from a bad abusive, drug filled upbringing & made it himself. very tough life & sold about 7 million records worldwide. ; like alot of other musicians today who are here though & still making it. Tupac made something better of himself. Grew up East Manhatten and his mother was a drug addict, if l am correct & his dad left. Tupacs a great success on his own terms. Hes gotta have respect for that.

RIP Tupac

my fave song is Playa Cardz Right (plus he was hot!) lol

& no he didn't rape anybody !- the girl who said that, like alot of girls today, falsely accuse him of that. Read it in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur

Last edited:
duran duran thats the typical sterotype answer 4 people who dont like 2pac. he wasnt a ganster rapper at all. he hated the term himself. he was a reality rapper. i put my life on it mj loved 2pac. i'm sure of it
Actually I said I don't like his voice, so the "gangsta" part is irrelevant. Tupac could be rapping about the trees, the Brady Bunch, or remaking Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch songs, I still wouldn't listen to him. It's like I don't like Tom Waits voice either, so I'm not going to listen to his music. And just because Mike liked something doesn't mean I have to like it. Apparently Mike liked Akon, but he sounds like a mosquito to me, lol.

Ummm... they were both black, LOL? Seriously, I don't really like to compare Legends and Greats to eachother. I just know I love and respect them both... as artists as well as human beings. End.

Actually I said I don't like his voice, so the "gangsta" part is irrelevant. Tupac could be rapping about the trees, the Brady Bunch, or remaking Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch songs, I still wouldn't listen to him. It's like I don't like Tom Waits voice either, so I'm not going to listen to his music. And just because Mike liked something doesn't mean I have to like it. Apparently Mike liked Akon, but he sounds like a mosquito to me, lol.

As great as an artist Michael was, I dunno why he had a interest in artists that were average or no where near his level. I would be trying to work with people with real talent not artists that sell an image.

Yes, IMO. I don't get people who try to compare tupac and biggie. I like biggie, but really. Tupac was a lyrical genius. He is a true poet. Biggie can rhyme (his great) to but Tupac for me is just the ultimate. I am solely speaking of rap.

He had so much potential. It still hurts to think of him not being here anymore. Another day I will never forget.

2Pac is the Greatest Rapper of ALL TIME..if he was still here today..it would be over for all the rappers out right now..

^^^ thank you so much starry nights. Tupac is the greatest rapper ever. Anybody who dis agrees is lame no pun intended.

Pac was an awesome artist and is still my favourite rapper to this day (with Dr Dre second). I had loads of 2-Pac material several years ago, but it was all stolen from my car one night. I've never quite got around to buying all the replacements but I do have a couple of discs, and one is is my car CD player right now ;)

Thug Life

^^^ thank you so much starry nights. Tupac is the greatest rapper ever. Anybody who dis agrees is lame no pun intended.

How is it a pun? :mello: Anyway it's all subjective. Many people don't think Tupac to be the 'greatest' rapper ever, it doesn't mean they're wrong for thinking that. Just a matter of opinion. Nothing more.

^^^ i really agree with you. But its like they have the same equal energy coming from one another. I guess thats way they have a lot of the same fans

I liked both 2pac and Notorious BIG but that conflict between them was so childish........

And it eventually took both their lives!!!!!!!!!

Anyway......."Changes" could actually be the best HipHop song ever..........

However, I tend to enjoy the songs of Notorious BIG more then some of 2pac's!!!!!

Tupac was a very smart guy..and that's what I loved about him..besides him as a lyricist..

Pac was a true lyricist. Thats what i loved about him ( no homo) but he put so much emotion in to his songs it as if you were in his pain/or happiness

His impact on hip hop culture is mind blowing
In what way? He didn't breakdance or do any pop locking or turntablism or grafitti. He didn't influence fashion like Run DMC did with Adidas or LL Cool J with Kangol hats or Kwame with polka dots and Gumby cuts. The Human Beat Box & Doug E Fresh influenced beat boxing. What has he done that someone like Rakim, Chuck D, or The Last Poets hasn't done before him? Sell more records, that's all.

Duran duran i know you don't like pac and in all but he believe it or not pac is the face of hip hop. Your not a hip hop head so why you are on this thread is mind blowing in it self. He made the first double cd in rap not album but double cd. I say that because jazz and will did that first. He made redefined the rapper look. He took political rap evensmore mainstream the chuck d and all those nobody's you mentioned. Kuame is ass a mania. Tupac may not be the greatest rapper to some but he is the most influential rapper of all time to all. They study the mans work at university's not even mj got that. Come on duran duran i love your posts and your insight full views on music especially on prince but not on 2pac because you come off ignorant you don't even listen to him so please quit now.

there is only one king of rap/hip hop that's 2pac the best there ever was.

pac>all

^^^^ and your point is my friend. leave this thread you have no intellectual input on this topic my friend.

Back