Is 2pac the king of hiphop and why is he still loved?

to say 2pac didn't impact fashion is stupid. google how to tie a bandana like 2pac and watch how many hits come up. it wasn't cool for people to wear suits or leather in hip hop until pac did. he took it from 3 or 4 rappers to 100+.

Rap has had a lot of crap with people rapping about the same shit. Pac didn't do that. His shit mattered.

^^^ not only dis his music matter. It changed lived thats why i love comparing him to mike.

Last edited:
& he made nose-rings on men who are not gay, hot. but actually, only tupac looks good with a small, diamond studded nose-ring ; no other man will look good with one unless your 110% homosexual.

^^^^ and your point is my friend. leave this thread you have no intellectual input on this topic my friend.

First thing first my friend. Why speak to someone with disrespect like that on MJJC?

Tupac may not be the greatest rapper to some but he is the most influential rapper of all time to all. They study the mans work at university's not even mj got that.

Tupac is a great. But not really the King Of Hip Hop. People could say Oh Lil Wayne isnt the greatest rapper but he is one of the most influential rappers. Which is true because in music today Wayne is probably at the top. Hes huge. Its fact. I hate the guy with a passion.
KRS-One probably beats him to the title. Nas probably does. Rakim probably does too

& lol @ you for sayin even MJ didnt get that? Shall we list what MJ got that Pac didnt?

Notorious BIG got to be on 2 tracks of Michaels...I'm still hugely jealous of that fact as a pac fan :(

come onwhy come on me he came to the thread bashing pac and please don't bring up mj i love and all put you guys defend him better then his lawyers. krs, nas, and rakim though they are great rappers but they are good mc's but pac shits on them as an artist. pac was the complete all around package. come on

come onwhy come on me he came to the thread bashing pac and please don't bring up mj i love and all put you guys defend him better then his lawyers. krs, nas, and rakim though they are great rappers but they are good mc's but pac shits on them as an artist. pac was the complete all around package. come on

Youve pretty much slapped hip hop in the face sayin Pac shits on the pioneers of hip hop. Your to biasd to have a debate with. LOL! Shits on KRS One?
Its clear that you need to open up to more artists in hip hop. Cleary Pac is your favourite hip hop artist. I could say how influential Kanye is. Hes my favourite rapper but I wouldnt say he was the King Of Hip Hop.

Mike was real important to hip hop. He paved the way for black artists smashing down the race barriers. Arguable... but how far would hip hop of come without Michael Jackson?

Look i love those dudes i didnt say pac shited on them i'm just saying that pac was a more well rounded artist then them. He was more versatile. They were better lyrically ( even s that debateable.) i'm not the only one that thinks pac is the king. In mostly all hip hop discussions and round tables pac is mostly listed at # 1 more then any other artist. That is say something. Come on

Meena76 what do you remember about the day he died was it sad 4 u
Yes it was very sad for me, but I just knew he would pull through. Now I think about it, it wasn't the day he actually died I remember well it was the day I heard he had been shot.

I was at the car wash on rock quarry road (I know this means nothing to you, but it is all so vivid to me). I was listening to k97.5 and I heard that he had been shot multiple times. I was in shock, but I knew he would pull through. I prayed prayed that he would make it. But he didn't. I was hurt by his death. It was really hard for me to imagine him not being here.

I miss 2Pac he still had so much to accomplish. I really felt like we were just beginning to see him at his best. And his eyes I love his eyes.

But honestly it in no way affected me like what I am going through now.
I ache everyday for Michael...

Wowhow say meena i'm sorry baby. What do you think mj's thoughts were on 2pac i'm sure he knew who he was.

What do y'all think of Tupac's portrayal in the movie Notorious ?

Do you think Anthony Mackie (the one who plays Tupac) did a good job ? I just saw the movie (stop booing i know im late lol) and i think that Jamal Woolard (plays Biggie) is brilliant but i dunno about Mackie i find his interpretation kinda exaggerated to say the least, but again i do not know Pac that much. What is your opinion ? Will there ever be a movie about Pac's life ? I mean one with actors not a documentary. Who would be good enough to play him ?

Last edited:
Yes i do think a good pac movie is needed but tupac resurrection will just do for the time being.

Two songs that I LOVE of Tupac is "Dear Mama" and "Change"

DEAR MAMA
[youtube]byyWQEYzS2A[/youtube]

CHANGES- I wish he was here to see Obama as a president...listen to the lyrics on here...:(
[youtube]FeMKM-eQPB4[/youtube]

May he and Biggie rest in Peace!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Yes i do think a good pac movie is needed but tupac resurrection will just do for the time being.

I hated the Biggie movie, and I'm a huge Biggie fan. I thought they should've did a Biggie documentary like they did for Tupac: Resurrection. I LOVED Tupac: Resurrection, I just saw it two days ago for the first time and I didn't know half the stuff about him that they showed in the documentary.

Tupac was clearly misunderstood -like MJ- and Tupac was a very intelligent YOUNG man! My goodness. I grew up (and still live) in Brooklyn so I was very much all about East Coast rap, especially hanging out in the same neighborhood as Biggie, it was all about Biggie back then, but yeah...didn't know half this stuff about Tupac.

IMO, Biggie to me..is the king of rap for the simple fact that his word play alone was insane. He put together stories with words that was so detailed that you could envision the story in your head, almost like a movie. But don't get me wrong, the greats such as Nas, Tupac and Jay are excellent! I don't like to compare because they all have their own style...you can't compare.

^^^ i dint know you were a pac fan romi my dear. I guess pac touched everyone. I still wonder is mike and pac met.

Anyone read his book of poems he wrote from 18-22, a 'rose grows from concrete' I thinks the name.?? I wanna get it on amazon...& any good book bio on him.

Tupac legacy is a good book. Its like the 2pac opus or what have you. Inside the studio with tupac is good as well. Through my eyes by gobi his personal cameraman is a good one.

Tupac legacy is a good book. Its like the 2pac opus or what have you. Inside the studio with tupac is good as well. Through my eyes by gobi his personal cameraman is a good one.

LOL I see you are a BIG 2pac fan, thats cool tho... you listen to other great rappers of that era like Nas, Krs-one, Eazy E, Rakim, Wu tang etc.

"All of a sudden Dr Dre was a G-thang, but on his own album covers he was a she thang!" lol

I liked a lot of Wu Tang as well. Triumph was a good track.

People overlook 2Pac's style. It was his biggest draw card and what made/makes him so prolific and a favourite world wide. You really FELT Pac through his music, and even had middle-class white Australian 13 year olds pumping "Changes" during lunch times at school.

As far as Biggie goes, I love him too... but I didn't until I grew older and appreciated his lyric ability and flow. I still prefer Big Pun!

Back