Is 2pac the king of hiphop and why is he still loved?

MAKAVELIDAKING

Proud Member
I was haveing a big discussion with a mutual friend of mine the other day. He told me pac was a punk and the only reason pac is so loved now is because he passed on if it wasnt for that he would of fell of worse then kid and play ( damm thats a good one lol ) i had to defend my boy. I said pac was one of the most influential artist of this past decade. My firend also told me that he believed pac was gulty of rapeing that young girl. I was in shock how ignorant he was.its sad 13 years later tupac amru shakur is still considered a rapeist. Its sad the same man who wrote keep ya head up, dear mama, and brenda's got a baby could do harm to a women. Pac loved women and children he was a true humanitarian. I remember one time shock g ( leader of digital underground 2pac's old rap group) siad one time during 2pac's promo tour for his first album their was a story about a girl who had got attacked by a dog and was in the emergency room. Tupac heard this told the driver to turn bak where he went to the hospital and stayed with the girls family untill she recovered. Thats love. Tupac's publishing company was called josha's dream which he named after a fan of his that died of cancer and his dream was to meet 2pac. Pac loved people.

Second thing, is tupac truely the king of hiphop, in my opinon i say yes. To me he is to rap/hiphop culture what mike is to pop culture as a whole. His d.na is in every rapper thats 2pac for you. From the tatoos , acting, and wearing tanktops at concerts and the work ethic. Tupac was the hardest working man in show bizz next mj for real if you ask me.from the studio to the set from the set to the video shoot and from there to a comercial shoot and after that back to the studio. Only mj and prince maybe could top that imo
alot of folks say tupac wasnt very lyrical. What that is outragous and upsurd. Me and my girlfriend, dear mama, smile, solider's story, trapped, if i die to nite (which he showed perfect use of aliteration and repeition), it aint easy, ambitionz az a ridah, and even how do you want it was very lyrical. 2pac was a poet in every sense. Theyy study this mans lyrics in ivy league university not just in t this country but globally in other countries.
People are compareing his rhyme schemes to shakespeare and other great poets thts saying something.

Do you guys agree with me. Like mj tupac was also crucified by the media. Thoses darn flashin lights. The media never liked him. Tupac is proably the most famous rapper for sure. He is known all over the world just watch the end of tupac's resurection youll see. 2pac whole message was love, peace, and unity for all folks of race, color and creed.

Why is he still loved i'll let you guys speak on that, also share you guys thoughts on pac and why the media did him like that, also talk about your pac moments. And why is he the king of hip hop. Most of all why is he so loved.

Love,
dandy

i think tupac is one of the kings. i think biggie is another..and i'm a little more impressed with biggie, because i'm sure people didn't think he could make it, but he did...pure talent.

I think people still love him because he made many meaning songs ? about love, war, police etc..
but i dont think he is king of hiphop.. but king of rap :)

^^^ what you mean by king of rap and not hip hop isnt that the same thing lol

Come on folks why nobody aying attention to my thread. They leave 2pac alone but go to adam fruity booty behind's thread. No homo i'm just saying

He told the truth about the industry thats why he is well loved and respected. Even thro he went off on a lot of people u can't knock he one of the most deep lyricest out.

i understand that but somebody give me a good analasis on why he is the best besides me

dont kill me lol

Let me start by saying I love Pac. If you ask me whos back i got Bigge or Pac's , i got 2Pac's back. It's a west side thing. WEST COAST!!!

With that said, let's break this down.
2pac is not the king of Hip Hop. The reason we love Pac is because he spoke up for us through music. He was prolific, as a poet, as a lyricist, and an actor. But to be the King of Hip Hop you would have to be the most versatile, skilled, and relevant. At the time, I hate to admit it, Biggie Smalls was a better rapper than Pac.
Where 2Pac was Gangsta (after Death Row) Biggie was skilled as a rapper. It's like the difference between Nas and 50 Cent.
I was having this conversation with my cousin a couple weeks ago and it came down to this, 2Pac spoke to the streets about the streets, Biggie spoke from the street. That's because Pac wasnt from the hood, the gangsta side of him didnt materialize until Suge Knight and Death Row Records.

The other thing i wanted to talk about was the lyrical issue. When people say "man...2pac wasnt lyrical" they mean the technical aspects of his rapping. Pac used a simple rhyme scheme , U never hear him use multi syllable rhymes, he didnt use big punchlines or metaphores.
At the same token Pac WAS lyrical in the sense that his lyrics told a story, maybe he wasnt as talented and able to rap like a Rakim or Busta Rhymes, but what he said meant alot to alot of people.
again i love 2pac from the bottom of my heart.. I remember crying as a child when my mom was driving me home from school, she was listening to 92.3 the beat, and they announced over the radio that 2pac died. I remember growing up telling people straight up "Fuck biggie" lol I remember driving with my mom up and down los angeles listening to All Eyez On Me crying when he said "How many brothas fell victim to street, rest in peace, young nigga theres a heaven for a g"

If you want to hear Pac at his greatest listen to "Life Goes On" "Dear Mama" "Brendas Got a Baby" "Wonder Why They Call You Bitch" and yes even "Ambitionz as a Rider" .

Lastly this is to ForeverTheKing... You are right Hip Hop and Rap are two different things, but you are wrong however, in explaing what those two things are. These days we have underground rappers and mainstream rappers (in general terms). Thats two different genres of rap, one is focused on selling records and making popular music, the other (underground) is more focused on staying true to it's roots. I love both, alot of people do, some people love the underground and hate mainstream, other people love rap but dont wanna hear it if its not on the radio at least. It's two different flavors, but they are both rap. A tribe called quest isnt hip hop they're still just a rap group, and when they came out they where mainstream. Thats Rap, The art of taking words and making them sound fresh over a beat.
Now Hip Hop is easier to explain. Hip Hop is our culture. You have Rap, Dancing (breaking, poppin, locking, even krumping and jerking and gettin buck lol), Graffitti (think Obey), and Poetry. Hip Hop would be the world that all those things live in.
Sorry for calling you ForeverTheKing but i juss hate the way the music industry has tried to incorrectly label our music, and please spread the word of this because the more widespread hip hop has become, the more people are forgetting what its all about.
Thats what they mean when they say Hip Hop is dead, people forget that its about speaking up for ourselves and making music that we relate to, and expressing ourselves.

2pac was hip hop, not the king, but he was hip hop. Just like I am

dont kill me lol

Let me start by saying I love Pac. If you ask me whos back i got Bigge or Pac's , i got 2Pac's back. It's a west side thing. WEST COAST!!!

2pac is not the king of Hip Hop. The reason we love Pac is because he spoke up for us through music. He was prolific, as a poet, as a lyricist, and an actor. But to be the King of Hip Hop you would have to be the most versatile, skilled, and relevant. At the time, I hate to admit it, Biggie Smalls was a better rapper than Pac.
Where 2Pac was Gangsta (after Death Row) Biggie was skilled as a rapper. It's like the difference between Nas and 50 Cent
I was having this conversation with my cousin a couple weeks ago and it came down to this, 2Pac spoke to the streets about the streets, Biggie spoke from the street. That's because Pac wasnt from the hood, the gangsta side of him didnt materialize until Suge Knight and Death Row Records.

The other thing i wanted to talk about was the lyrical issue. When people say "man...2pac wasnt lyrical" they mean the technical aspects of his rapping. Pac used a simple rhyme scheme , U never hear him use multi syllable rhymes, he didnt use big punchlines or metaphores.
At the same token Pac WAS lyrical in the sense that his lyrics told a story, maybe he wasnt as talented and able to rap like a Rakim or Busta Rhymes, but what he said meant alot to alot of people.
again i love 2pac from the bottom of my heart.. I remember crying as a child when my mom was driving me home from school, she was listening to 92.3 the beat, and they announced over the radio that 2pac died. I remember growing up telling people straight up "Fuck biggie" lol I remember driving with my mom up and down los angeles listening to All Eyez On Me crying when he said "How many brothas fell victim to street, rest in peace, young nigga theres a heaven for a g"

If you want to hear Pac at his greatest listen to "Life Goes On" "Dear Mama" "Brendas Got a Baby" "Wonder Why They Call You Bitch" and yes even "Ambitionz as a Rider" .

Lastly this is to ForeverTheKing... You are right Hip Hop and Rap are two different things, but you are wrong however, in explaing what those two things are. These days we have underground rappers and mainstream rappers (in general terms). Thats two different genres of rap, one is focused on selling records and making popular music, the other (underground) is more focused on staying true to it's roots. I love both, alot of people do, some people love the underground and hate mainstream, other people love rap but dont wanna hear it if its not on the radio at least. It's two different flavors, but they are both rap. A tribe called quest isnt hip hop they're still just a rap group, and when they came out they where mainstream. Thats Rap, The art of taking words and making them sound fresh over a beat.
Now Hip Hop is easier to explain. Hip Hop is our culture. You have Rap, Dancing (breaking, poppin, locking, even krumping and jerking and gettin buck lol), Graffitti (think Obey), and Poetry. Hip Hop would be the world that all those things live in.
Sorry for calling you ForeverTheKing but i juss hate the way the music industry has tried to incorrectly label our music, and please spread the word of this because the more widespread hip hop has become, the more people are forgetting what its all about.
Thats what they mean when they say Hip Hop is dead, people forget that its about speaking up for ourselves and making music that we relate to, and expressing ourselves.

That was a bad comparision because Nas is WAYYYYYY better than 50 cent. Now if you had compared him with Jay Z thats something else. With all that being said, I definitly agree with you. 2Pac is definitly not the king of hip hop neither is Biggie. To be honest both of them are very overrated but thats what happens to most artists when they die. I do think 2pac is better than Biggie though as far as lyrics and overall but he is overrated as far as the title "king of hip hop" I can name plenty of rappers better than 2PAC. Nas being one of them. KRS- One Wu Tang there are alot of great rappers that never get anything but the popular ones stay hype.... 2pac is good but his not the best rapper ever. There is no BEST rapper.

There are 4 elements of hip hop.

1: DJ-ing
2: Break dancing
3: Grafitti
4: MC-ing

Tupac did nothing for NONE of them.
Maybe you can call him the king of "gangster rap"(thuuuuuuuug life!!!!! UUUUUUUH!)
But I even got to question that one, having guys like dr. Dre, Easy E and Ice cube way before Pac stopped background dancing to do his thing.

Pac did a lot for gangster rap and making it commercial and accepted (in my opinion a good thing), but there are bigger (and imho better) players in the game (no not "The Game", he sucks).

I see but tupac is defiently the most influential rapper. And in my opion he is to rap what mike is to pop. Thats real. Who had a bigger impact on the " culture" then him

I see but tupac is defiently the most influential rapper. And in my opion he is to rap what mike is to pop. Thats real. Who had a bigger impact on the " culture" then him

2Pac is not to rap like Michael is to pop. Michael was innovative... that means did things that had not been done before. He CHANGED pop music. There were alot of influential hip hop artists that brought hip hop to mainstream years before 2pac. Artists like Run DMC, Grand Master Flash, Afrika bambaataa did that before Pac. Like I said, Pac is good and probably has influenced artists but he is not the king of rap or hip hop. There is more to an artist besides influence.

i'm not the only one who feels this way about pac. just get off mike's high hoarse 4 a second. pac was inavative to. hes the reason why rappers dedicate songs to women and mothers. using a friend or a lover as a metopher for guns. nas did it before him but pac built on it. work ethic in rap is because of pac. c'mon. plus he sold the most records in rap.

hes the reason why rappers dedicate songs to women and mothers.
Not really, that would be “I Need Love” by L.L. Cool J. Before that there was “One Love” by Whodini and Kurtis Blow had a song on his debut album in 1980 called “All I Want in This World (Is to Find That Girl)”.

i mean he made songs to uplift women and bring them up. yea i knoww ll made love songs. but 2pac uplifted

^^^^Salt N Pepa and Queen Latifah did that before him. Maybe even MC Lyte & Sister Souljah.

I guess its a matter of taste. If u go to forums and stuff like that ppl come up with different top 5, top 10 etc....... Personally i like PAC, can't deny he had charisma + i like the man who seems to be an intelligent one, i heard him say very smart things; but i prefer big punisher when it comes to the flow and rhyme complexity.

For those who do not know Big Punisher, check these out:

"Twinz (deep cover 98)" Big Pun feat. Fat Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA7DvbWy7bs

"Fire water" Big Pun feat. Fat Joe, Armageddon, Raekwon (Pun's verse is the last one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5C9gb2Uis8

"John Blaze" Big Pun feat. Nas, Jadakiss, Raekwon and Fat Joe (Pun raps after Nas in this one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjB3W1e-edw

"Capital Punishment" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_MCBR_e4ZI

"You Came Up":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNboOSWZ-FM&feature=related

Last edited:
I prefer big, but man was tupac a great lyricist, he could spit out great lyrics like it was nothing.

I think it would be given to Nas or Rakim. Anyone says Jay Z then research Nas killin him in that feud. Jay has lost it I think today. Eminem was lookin to be one of the greatest but has now dipped alot and Relapse and Relapse refill has now killed him off. Didnt think Id hear Em ever go on about the posessions he has. (Elevator off of Refill.) Also loses credibility for working with idiots like Drake and Lil Wayne. Can't work with the contributors to trying to kill hip hop. I think Kanye is better than Jay but is on the way down too. Just waitin on his next album.

I think Pac is over rated but is still a legend. Nas would probably get given the crown.

I think Lupe is the one to watch over the not so distant future.

u can't call someone king, if u think ur mood will change about them, tomorrow..

so..since this board is about tupac, and we're still talking about him, i think he is at least one king. i think biggie is the other. they get the most play..but more importantly, they left their corner of the world and managed to get mainstream, without leaving their corner of the world.

I actually didn't know about the accusation against tupac, and neither did I know about these acts of kindness by him either.

the media made pac out to be a killier or a rapist but pac was a kind copassionate man.

dont kill me lol

Where 2Pac was Gangsta (after Death Row) Biggie was skilled as a rapper. It's like the difference between Nas and 50 Cent.

i know the difference between rap and hip hop ive worked in this music industry for years...im just not going to explain it people that dont know need to do their own research...i just gave the obvious examples

and sorry to burst ur bubble...but everyone in hip hop these days is focused on one thing and thats getting money...even ur underground emcees

I watched a biography about 2Pac the a few nights back. It was just amazing, things I never knew.

My favorite song of his til this very day is California Love!!!

Back